Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #601
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
ReaPack user: Oh here's a script which misses a description, I could propose one. Er..learn about GitHub / forking / pull requests? Nah, maybe I don't bother.)
There's no need to learn about all of that now: using the new https://reapack.com/upload, any ReaTeam package's documentation can be edited by 1) typing its name, 2) clicking on it to load its data, 3) editing the documentation field (with markdown formatting preview) and 4) clicking on the submit button.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:50 PM   #602
mschnell

But you need to have a github account ....

And github is decently intimidating

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #603
mschnell

I have some friends using CuBase

Are there any plans to allow ReaPack to work with ReaJS for finding and installing JSFXes ?

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #604
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
There's no need to learn about all of that now: using the new https://reapack.com/upload, any ReaTeam package's documentation can be edited by 1) typing its name, 2) clicking on it to load its data, 3) editing the documentation field (with markdown formatting preview) and 4) clicking on the submit button.
That's nice indeed, wasn't aware of it.
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #605
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Are there any plans to allow ReaPack to work with ReaJS for finding and installing JSFXes ?
I'm not familiar with ReaJS but a bit of Googling points to ReaJS loading JSFX from the REAPER installation by default (thus should find ReaPack-installed effects out of the box).

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1534049
Old 04-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #606
MRMJP

Is anybody else getting an error like this?

Old 04-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #607
nofish

I get the same error here, looking into it and let you know when it's fixed.

edit:
Do a 'Synchronize packages' and install again, should work now (does here at least).

Last edited by nofish; 04-03-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #608
MRMJP

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #609
MRMJP

Quote:

edit:
Do a 'Synchronize packages' and install again, should work now (does here at least).
Now I get this message:

Old 04-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #610
nofish

I renamed it to be consistent with my other scripts, sorry.
But you should see the script version 1.02 in the package browser, don't you? (I do here).

If so, try installing again and it should (hopefully) work.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #611
MRMJP

Quote:
I renamed it to be consistent with my other scripts, sorry.
But you should see the script version 1.02 in the package browser, don't you? (I do here).

If so, try installing again and it should (hopefully) work.
Thanks. I'll take a closer look on Sunday. I'm sure it's all good.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #612
_Stevie_

What is the correct method to put scripts in a subfolder? Like this?

Code:
--  [main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -24.lua
Old 04-19-2019, 07:23 PM   #613
cfillion

Code:
-- @description Add notes interval (bundle)
-- @version 1.0
-- @metapackage
-- @provides
--   [main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] . > Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -24.lua
--   [main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] . > Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -12.lua
--   [main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] . > Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -7.lua

local scriptName = ({reaper.get_action_context()})[2]:match("([^/\\_]+)%.lua$")
local interval = tonumber(scriptName:match("Add notes (%-?%d+)"))
Check out the GUI tool at https://reapack.com/upload/reascript; it can help generate these metadata headers (even if you don't upload to a ReaTeam repo).

Last edited by cfillion; 04-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #614
_Stevie_

Ah, thanks!! I got so many errors yesterday. I think I wrecked my repo.
I hope an index rebuild can fix it.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #615
_Stevie_

I get some strange results with this. Not sure why.
All files from that bundle have the same content (the bundle content).

For now, I ended up putting them in a folder and leaving out the ". > folder" part.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #616
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
All files from that bundle have the same content (the bundle content).
That's the idea, so that there is only one file on the repository that fills in the value of the "interval" variable from its filename at runtime. There's no need to create many separate files.

Examples:Alternatively, to instead install a real file from the repository elsewhere than it is on the repository, the syntax is this:
Code:
[main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] sr_Add notes -24.lua > Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -24.lua
If the file is already in a "Add notes interval (bundle)" subdirectory on the repository:
Code:
[main=main,midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] Add notes interval (bundle)/sr_Add notes -24.lua

Last edited by cfillion; 04-20-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #617
_Stevie_

Ahh now I understand! These scripts contain only the user editable part. The main code is in the Add note functions.lua file.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #618
Mordi

The upload tool seems pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure how I should be setting it up. I have two scripts which work in tandem. Is this the right way to do it?

Should I be putting anything in the package file?

Last edited by Mordi; 05-03-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #619
cfillion

Yes, that's the correct way to package multiple scripts together. There's no need to put anything in the package file, which is set to "Don't install", beside what was generated by the upload tool.

However, perhaps in this case it could more useful to provide these two scripts separately? I'm thinking someone might search for one without needing the other (and/or not having "sound effects" in mind). If they are related enough to each other in concept, usecase and/or code, then it's perfectly fine to bundle them together.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-03-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #620
Mordi

You have a point there. I'll just upload them separately.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #621
Mordi

I found a bug and fixed it in one of my scripts. In the upload tool, do I need to re-enter a description - or will it be carried over?
Old 05-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #622
cfillion

Type a bit of the display name and click on your package to load it so it can be edited.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #623
Mordi

Ah, brilliant. I'll do that next time.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #624
dsyrock

I have a question about using Reapack in Mac. I already put the reaper_reapack64.dylib in UserPlugins folder, but seems like Reaper couldn't reconize it and fail to load.
dsyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #625
Jeffsounds

I never had this problem running Reapack before I got this new computer. It never seems to update or add anything. Just runs like you see in the Licecap below. It can't be right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b5xq78hhv...apack.gif?dl=0

Sorry, don't know how to make images appear here. It just never works for me.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #626
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyrock View Post
I have a question about using Reapack in Mac. I already put the reaper_reapack64.dylib in UserPlugins folder, but seems like Reaper couldn't reconize it and fail to load.
Which version of macOS, and is it REAPER 64-bit too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
I never had this problem running Reapack before I got this new computer. It never seems to update or add anything. Just runs like you see in the Licecap below. It can't be right.
In the gif it looks like there are no updates available for the packages currently installed.

Do you mean you want ReaPack to automatically install every new package for you when synchronizing? That mode can be enabled in Manage repositories > Options.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-14-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 AM   #627
JamesPeters

Quote:
I never had this problem running Reapack before I got this new computer. It never seems to update or add anything.
You didn't export your Reapack info from Reapack itself (from the Manage Repositories dialog, Import/Export, Export offline archive), and import it (from the same dialog) when you installed everything on the new computer. I've made that mistake too. It doesn't recognize the files you've copied over as files you've installed through Reapack itself. You can check this by opening Reapack and searching for your installed files. It won't show any.

Exporting your configuration through Reaper's dialog will save all scripts/plugins which are added via Reapack, but it doesn't save the info that Reapack generates to manage these scripts/plugins.

You can copy a file from the old computer to the new one. Look in the ReaPack folder in your Reaper resource directory: registry.db. Also in the folder above (the resource directory itself), the reapack.ini has the info about the repos.

If you've deleted the info on the old computer...well, you can add the info that Reapack needs to manage your plugins/scripts, one plugin/script at a time. Have your explorer window open in the directory so you can see the list of script/plugin files, and then in Reapack you'll search for and select those plugins/scripts and install them again. It'll overwrite the plugin/script files on your drive, then recognize they've been installed via Reapack.

I've started backing up my Reaper info differently because of this (and a few other system-specific things in Linux): I copy everything from the Reaper resource directory, and add it back when I start a fresh install of Reaper.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 05-15-2019 at 12:13 AM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 AM   #628
yanggu

Quote:
Same here and I get this message

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/...ter/index.xml:
SSL connect error (35): error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
yanggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:47 AM   #629
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanggu View Post

SSL connect error (35): error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Rather than making this a major project just go to the first page of this posting and simply follow the directions. No other multi task procedure is needed.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 AM   #630
yanggu

Quote:

I forgot to say I am on Mac OS 10.7.5
Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #631
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
You didn't export your Reapack info from Reapack itself (from the Manage Repositories dialog, Import/Export, Export offline archive), and import it (from the same dialog) when you installed everything on the new computer. I've made that mistake too. It doesn't recognize the files you've copied over as files you've installed through Reapack itself. You can check this by opening Reapack and searching for your installed files. It won't show any.

Exporting your configuration through Reaper's dialog will save all scripts/plugins which are added via Reapack, but it doesn't save the info that Reapack generates to manage these scripts/plugins.

You can copy a file from the old computer to the new one. Look in the ReaPack folder in your Reaper resource directory: registry.db. Also in the folder above (the resource directory itself), the reapack.ini has the info about the repos.

If you've deleted the info on the old computer...well, you can add the info that Reapack needs to manage your plugins/scripts, one plugin/script at a time. Have your explorer window open in the directory so you can see the list of script/plugin files, and then in Reapack you'll search for and select those plugins/scripts and install them again. It'll overwrite the plugin/script files on your drive, then recognize they've been installed via Reapack.

I've started backing up my Reaper info differently because of this (and a few other system-specific things in Linux): I copy everything from the Reaper resource directory, and add it back when I start a fresh install of Reaper.
Turns out, "Manage Repositories -> Options -> Install new packages when synchronizing" was not ticked. DOH!
Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #632
JamesPeters

Quote:
Turns out, "Manage Repositories -> Options -> Install new packages when synchronizing" was not ticked. DOH!
Well I was totally wrong then. I guess it might be worth leaving the post there for anyone else who moves Reaper to a new computer but doesn't export/import Reapack stuff.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:45 AM   #633
yanggu

[QUOTE=yanggu;2134763]Same here and I get this message

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
Rather than making this a major project just go to the first page of this posting and simply follow the directions. No other multi task procedure is needed.
I did, I did but anytime I try to synchronise I got the same message
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #634
GordonDavid

In reference to loading ReaPack V1.2.2, I tried to load this last night, using Reaper V5.978 onto my WinXP, and it gave the error: "couldn't find bcrypt.dll", to try and reload again. So I reloaded ReaPack again and restarted Reaper again and got the same error. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #635
cfillion

Quote:

I forgot to say I am on Mac OS 10.7.5
Does accessing https://github.com using Safari works?

GitHub removed weak cryptographic standards last year. I believe macOS 10.7 only supports up to TLS v1.0. Accessing repositories hosted on GitHub using ReaPack would require TLS v1.2 or newer. https://github.blog/2018-02-01-crypto-removal-notice/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonDavid View Post
In reference to loading ReaPack V1.2.2, I tried to load this last night, using Reaper V5.978 onto my WinXP, and it gave the error: "couldn't find bcrypt.dll", to try and reload again. So I reloaded ReaPack again and restarted Reaper again and got the same error. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
ReaPack requires Vista or newer.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-16-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #636
yanggu

[QUOTE=cfillion;2135542]Does accessing https://github.com using Safari works?

GitHub removed weak cryptographic standards last year. I believe macOS 10.7 only supports up to TLS v1.0. Accessing repositories hosted on GitHub using ReaPack would require TLS v1.2 or newer. https://github.blog/2018-02-01-crypto-removal-notice/

I am not sure what you meant ...I downloaded reapack from gitthub but got the same result.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #637
cfillion

Quote:
I am not sure what you meant ...I downloaded reapack from gitthub but got the same result.
Were you able to access GitHub using macOS 10.7's Safari v5 or v6 (not with another web browser)?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #638
yanggu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Were you able to access GitHub using macOS 10.7's Safari v5 or v6 (not with another web browser)?
I have 10.7.5 and Safari 6.1.6.
I went to GitHub but I am not sure what I did was sound.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #639
GordonDavid

OK, thank you on the Vista or newer... Will try another route. :-)
Old 07-31-2019, 01:18 AM   #640
Ameliance SkyMusic

Help!
After I re-installed Windows 10 I can not install the gem reapack, the same thing with another guy.
Before reinstalling, installed Windows 10 and everything worked successfully for over a year.
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>gem install reapack-index
Fetching addressable-2.6.0.gem
Fetching colorize-0.8.1.gem
Fetching public_suffix-3.1.1.gem
Fetching gitable-0.4.0.gem
Fetching metaheader-1.3.1.gem
Fetching mini_portile2-2.4.0.gem
Fetching nokogiri-1.10.3-x64-mingw32.gem
Fetching pandoc-ruby-2.0.2.gem
Fetching rugged-0.28.2.gem
Fetching stable_sort-1.1.0.gem
Fetching reapack-index-1.2.2.gem
Successfully installed public_suffix-3.1.1
Successfully installed addressable-2.6.0
Successfully installed colorize-0.8.1
Successfully installed gitable-0.4.0
Successfully installed metaheader-1.3.1
Successfully installed mini_portile2-2.4.0
Nokogiri is built with the packaged libraries: libxml2-2.9.9, libxslt-1.1.33, zlib-1.2.11, libiconv-1.15.
Successfully installed nokogiri-1.10.3-x64-mingw32
Successfully installed pandoc-ruby-2.0.2
Temporarily enhancing PATH for MSYS/MINGW...
Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR:  Error installing reapack-index:
        ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

current directory: C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/rugged-0.28.2/ext/rugged
C:/Ruby26-x64/bin/ruby.exe -I C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/2.6.0 -r ./siteconf20190729-12992-1cn3h7t.rb extconf.rb
checking for make... yes
checking for cmake... yes
*** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more details.  You may
need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --without-make-prog
        --srcdir=.
        --curdir
        --ruby=C:/Ruby26-x64/bin/$(RUBY_BASE_NAME)
        --with-sha1dc
        --without-sha1dc
        --use-system-libraries
extconf.rb:33:in `spawn': wrong exec option symbol: pgroup (ArgumentError)
        from extconf.rb:33:in `run_cmake'
        from extconf.rb:104:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
        from extconf.rb:101:in `chdir'
        from extconf.rb:101:in `block in <main>'
        from extconf.rb:98:in `chdir'
        from extconf.rb:98:in `<main>'

To see why this extension failed to compile, please check the mkmf.log which can be found here:

C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/extensions/x64-mingw32/2.6.0/rugged-0.28.2/mkmf.log

extconf failed, exit code 1

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/rugged-0.28.2 for inspection.
Results logged to C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/extensions/x64-mingw32/2.6.0/rugged-0.28.2/gem_make.out
Ameliance SkyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote