Old 01-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #321
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartalex View Post
About visual markers moving slightly when other marker is touched - it didn't work like this yesterday

This script is very useful for mixing and panning multiple things very quickly!

Replacing stuff like
Code:
SetMediaTrackInfo_Value( tr, 'D_VOL', out_vol)
to
Code:
CSurf_OnVolumeChange(tr, out_vol, false)
should solve this problem, but not this time. Not sure is it something related with CSurf_ API or something bad on my side (as usual in my stupid code). I don`t know how to solve it, sorry. I reverted 1.02 version.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #322
PMdL

Default Build harmonic series bands for focused ReaEQ

First of all....thank you for your time, your work is superb!!!
I was looking to learn scripting just to make some improvments to ReaEq, i was interested to create harmonics bands starting from the foundamental frequecy. I was looking in YouTube and i found that something very close to my idea was just made by you. Great work.

Now I'm trying to put in the menu a box to choose between all harmincs or only odd and even ones.
I'm Trying to link the gain of the bands following an increasing or decreasing line or curve.

I don't know if I'll reach the goal, I'm just starting now to learn scripting....but it's a good challenge.

Thank you
Bye
PMdL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #323
f0rren

Default RS5k Manager bug

Здравствуйте, Михаил, было приятно обнаружить, что знаменитый в риперовских кругах MPL оказывается наш человек Спасибо за ваш огромный труд, вы делаете жизнь приверженцев этой DAW проще и комфортнее. По причине англоязычности форума вынужден продолжить пост на английском.

I`m in love with your RS5k Manager This is exactly what I was looking for to organize samples for sequencing drums. Highly recommended for all RS5k users.

I run into bug which leads to ReaScript error:
Code:
mpl_RS5k_manager_obj.lua:3170: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
How to reproduce:
1. Select track with RS5k instances on it.
2. Switch to mixer tab in RS5k Manager.
3. Deselect previously selected track.
4. Hover mouse cursor above empty RS5k manager.

It happens only when mixer tab is active.

I noticed also that I can`t switch tabs quickly. There is always some delay, I have to wait before I can switch to other tab. Was it intentional and by design? Or can it be fixed? It just gives me the first impression of GUI lagging (or not registering mouse clicks at all) before i realized how it works.

Using latest (not beta) REAPER, ReaPack and SWS.

And lastly some minor GUI feature request. Is it possible to add some visual highlighting for triggered pads? Maybe I`m not one who used to stuck in situation like "oh, there is disturbing percussion sample somewhere, need to tame it down, but which one?" I know i can soloing each pad to find desired sample or trigger pads myself, but I think it would be usefull (maybe toggleable) feature.
f0rren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 AM   #324
mpl

Quote:
I run into bug which leads to ReaScript error
Should works for 1.91

Quote:
I noticed also that I can`t switch tabs quickly.
Show be also fixed as well (a workaround for registering quick clicks for tab area).

Quote:
Is it possible to add some visual highlighting for triggered pads?
Menu/GUI Options/Show input notes (it shows also feedback of incoming MIDI)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #325
f0rren

Checked tabs and mixer in v1.91, working fine now, thank you

Quote:
Menu/GUI Options/Show input notes (it shows also feedback of incoming MIDI)
"Show input notes" option is greyed out, can`t turn it on. Found out that I need RS5k_manager_tracker.jsfx in parent track to make it work. But actions "Toggle pin selected track as parent" and "add RS5k_manager_tracker.jsfx to first slot of parent track" do nothing for some reason. Inserting tracker manually didn`t help either.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:54 AM   #326
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rren View Post
"Show input notes" option is greyed out, can`t turn it on.
Which REAPER version do you use? (including x86 or x64, Win or OSX or Linux)
"Toggle pin selected track as parent" doesn`t related to this. It stays for making custom track always be a parent for RS5k rack per project (ignore track selection).
Old 01-22-2019, 02:33 AM   #327
f0rren

Quote:
Which REAPER version do you use?
REAPER v5.965 x64 on OS X
Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 AM   #328
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rren View Post
REAPER v5.965 x64 on OS X
Surprisingly everything is ok on my side.
The problem is gmem-related API, it allows to transfer data beetween JSFX and ReaScript. It was introduced in 5.961+dev1031, but still not implemented in official release. It will be automatically accessible if Cockos will include support for this functions in future REAPER releases.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:17 PM   #329
f0rren

Don`t be surprised, it seems you`ve done a lot of hard work to make your code as stable as possible

Quote:
The problem is gmem-related API, it allows to transfer data beetween JSFX and ReaScript. It was introduced in 5.961+dev1031
Whoa, didn`t know about that, sorry for bother you for no purpose. It`s a big feature, I`ll definitely try dev build.
Thank you
Old 01-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #330
Icchan

I'd (And i think many others would as well) appreciate it if there was a description and possibly a link to the description when one opens the plugin from the Reapack Browser.

At the moment I have to guess and it goes like:

"This plugin ha a name that's somewhat intriguing, I wonder what it does...
Oh OK, no description... then I'll open the website...

Oh... that's a long forum thread to read through to find out what this thing does... darn"

Please?

(Don't worry, you're definitely not the only one with this problem at the moment... Reapack is great tool, but it can only be as great as people putting their scripts etc. on there make it)
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #331
mpl

Providing such per-script documentation requires a LOT of time to sit and write related info, which most of scriptwriters don't have (especially if it is a free shared package). Most stuff was requested by single person for specific needs, so previously it was only need to put code snippet on the forum thread without any description, and it was totally ok. ReaPack is just a tool which keep all this stuff in one place and updated. Additional documentation in @about section is an icing on the cake.

Last edited by mpl; 01-24-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #332
klouk

Default script export selected item RS5K

Hi Michael,

Your script export_selected item to RS5K is awesome !

I'd made a track template to with midi_choke group + macro + 8x rS5k so I can use it as a MPC-Beatmachine.
I'd like to use your script with it but I don't know how to edit it.

Could you help me to do it ?

All the best.
klouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #333
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouk View Post
Hi Michael,

Your script export_selected item to RS5K is awesome !

I'd made a track template to with midi_choke group + macro + 8x rS5k so I can use it as a MPC-Beatmachine.
I'd like to use your script with it but I don't know how to edit it.

Could you help me to do it ?

All the best.
Not sure how can help you here.
The script insert RS5K instance even you have it already in selected track.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:48 AM   #334
Burnsjethro

Mikhail, sorry for not having posted my query in your thread but, in order to rectify that, I am copying and pasting the message I posted in the Newbies section.

I was trying to install the vocal alignment script

MPL Align takes

I was using the Antonio does metal video as a guide. After a lot of mistakes, going back and forth to the video, I managed to do everything properly. Up to the point where I downloaded the scripts and placed them in the Reaper script file as indicated.

As instructed I went into Actions and pressed load only to see Cockos but no reference to scripts. I tried again to extract the files to the script section in Reaper. It asked if I wanted to overwrite and I did.
Still nothing under Cockos when I try to "load" in actions.
I looked in the script section and did not see anything resembling what I was supposed to have extracted to the Reaper scripts folder. Any ideas please?

STELLA REPLIED TO WHICH I REPLIED/

Thanks Stella, you hit the nail on the head.

I was extracting the items into Reaper's script section but apparently it was the wrong place. So I went to Options - "Show Reaper Resources path in explorer/finder and managed to find the right Reaper's Script section into which I extracted the items and the program worked.

Any idea how come I seem to have two different Reaper sections? After all I have ever did was install Reaper and all I have ever done ever since is to install plugins,... into the Reaper program.

Does anyone have any idea what happens when the time comes (as it will do) when I have move everything (plugins, this script,...) to a new machine!

This vocal aligner is working fine, thanks MPL. Maybe you could advise me here. I successfully aligned a vocal, saved the tune and then returned to the tune this morning. I thought I might want to adjust the alignment, so went into actions to call up the script again but this time the script appeared just as it was, yesterday, before I moved the button. How do I/can I call up the adjusted vocal aligner?

Another thing is I am asked to glue the vocals before the aligner can get to work. Is that normal?
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:43 AM   #335
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsjethro View Post
Another thing is I am asked to glue the vocals before the aligner can get to work. Is that normal?
Yes, for now it is normal due to complexity of algorithm and handling various take-related data.

Installing it manually (as you probably read somewhere on YouTube) is UNSUPPORTED. Only ReaPack installation.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 AM   #336
Burnsjethro

Thanks for your prompt reply Mikhail.

Anton
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #337
Aries1985

Hi Michael,
would it be possible to create action Toggle float instrument on selected track? I have already found your Toggle float instrument on track under mouse cursor which is very cool.

Appreciate your hard work!
Aries1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #338
J Reverb

Show and arm envelopes linked to learn for selected tracks

Thank you just what I needed today
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #339
Ricciardo

i have an idea for this scrip

you can indeed randomize, the parameters and even morph them till 100% with the current preset of the vst fx or instrument, but you cant morph between different presets...
which in my opinion would turn it a way more powerfull tool, if you ever used jeskola buzz you just know how amazing is the preset factory randomizer, and its mostly amazing because it can morph different presets.

Now... mpl randomizer, do recognize the preset of the synth or fx...
in the UI you can clearly see the script recognizes the patches and even makes a blue graphic of each parameter in a array system... and the generates a complete randomized array in green, which can be morphed...

My idea is the following, what about introduce an option to copy the presets array numbers from the blue into the green, and instead of using the morph only with generated /random numbers, why not combine different presets like that?

Can this be done? thank you
Ricciardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #340
mpl

Have a look at https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181668 (not sure it fits your needs, but it way advanced.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #341
Ricciardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Have a look at https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181668 (not sure it fits your needs, but it way advanced.

No, that's a complete different thing, what i want, is to generate a preset by morphing between 2 other presets...

in this sequence.

1. i load a plugin and start the script
2. the script detects and copies the preset values of all the knobs... (and that can stay in memory as a value or class, string whatever...)

the different thing happens on 3... instead of randomize new values, i want to use the previous values from other preset so it can be morphed between 2 different presets...

Sometimes you can create amazing rich presets by morphing 2... since randomizing stuff is normaly too caotic

I am not fluent in LUA but i think that i can change the code and make it work...
its just a matter of add a new button to copy a preset, and use it latet to morph...

That's all this that script is missing, a button to copy plugin values so it can be morphed with another preset from the same plugin
Ricciardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #342
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricciardo View Post
Sometimes you can create amazing rich presets by morphing 2... since randomizing stuff is normaly too caotic
Added to 1.21
Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #343
Zamyen

Hi MPL,

I have recently created a forum post about optimising FX use in a large template project, and by pure chance I found your script entitled: "ReaScripts/FX/mpl_Save all track FX chains.lua" on github.

Would it be possible to create a 'Load' script, using the same directory, which allows the user to select some tracks, and the script will reload the FX chain that was saved, if the 'track name' matches the 'FX chain name'.

So if I save all Track FX (say 100), then clear the VST in the project, and wish to later reload a subset, say 50 of them ? Could a script detect which tracks I selected and load them from the store?

Is there a command in the API "Load FX chain from file" for a track, could this be possible?
Zamyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #344
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamyen View Post
Hi MPL,
I have recently created a forum post about optimising FX use in a large template project, and by pure chance I found your script entitled: "ReaScripts/FX/mpl_Save all track FX chains.lua" on github.
Oh it is super-old script, I just updated it for make it slightly more usable.

All you say is possible. There is no special command to add/replace specific FX Chain from file, so you have to deal with track chunks (parse it and replace RAW FX Chain data or add FX chain from file to specific place in track chunk). You can also load complete track template with Main_openProject(), but this is not exactly what you want. I can dig it for a donation if you want.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #345
Zamyen

Thanks MPL,
That sounds good-
I think this spec could work

Save Script
-Recurse selected tracks
-Save FX chain
*on condition that there is 1 or more FX present
*in location defined by script variable (hardcoded is fine)
*save as <Track Name> + <Version number> (auto increment)
*e.g Track name ‘Violins Legato’ saved as ‘Violins Legato v1’, if Violins Legato v1 exists save as ‘Violins Legato v2’

Load Script
-Recurse selected tracks
-Check save location for matching FX preset, based on exact string match on track name (ignoring version)
-If match detected, Empty the FX chain in project and load from the preset (using the latest available version detected).

If necessary (if Reaper doesn’t already have this command)
Empty FX chains script
-Simply empty FX chain on selected tracks

This Save/Load pair could be bound to shortcuts, so making it simple to configure the entire template, select all tracks and store them as FX chain presets. Then removing them, and running the Load script on just the desired tracks.

Because the script increments FX chains file name it is non destructive reducing the risk of accidents (as well as checking we are not saving an empty FX chain to file).

Can you see any problems with this approach?

Happy to donate and make the script publicly available as well (let me know).

This is obviously quite cut down compared to some other approaches which cover track templates, but it would be quite streamlined.

PS. It might be good to have an option in the script to load the FX chain in disabled mode. i.e as Disabled FX as otherwise it could take a long time. Reaper already has an action to bring Fx online on selected tracks.

I could try scripting this myself now that I have the spec but I imagine you would be much quicker and accurate in this, as I heard track chunks are slightly tricky to work with
Old 05-21-2019, 10:34 PM   #346
mpl

Quote:
Because the script increments FX chains file name it is non destructive reducing the risk of accidents (as well as checking we are not saving an empty FX chain to file).
I`ll put increment for file naming later today. Current version of script already doesn`t save FX Chain if it is empty, obey track selection and use filesave dialog for saving chains into specific folder (/REAPER/FXChains/ if project is unsaved, otherwise project_folder/FXChains/ ). Make sure you have latest version and JS ReaScript API Extension installed if you haven`t one.

Quote:
It might be good to have an option in the script to load the FX chain in disabled mode. i.e as Disabled FX as otherwise it could take a long time. Reaper already has an action to bring Fx online on selected tracks.
There is an API to put FX offline, but it require FX already existing on the track so in this case you have to anyway load it before putting into offline state. Not sure it will works with the way I modify track state chunk, but I`ll try some tricks to do that.

Last edited by mpl; 05-22-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #347
deeb

hi mpl . Got curious to try randomize Track Fx parameters:
2 things:

1) i was expecting a randomize parameters but it seems to morph! when click generate random pattern nothing happens to the sound. Is this normal?

2) the fonts , spacing and green and yellow rectangles do not show in here (OSX):

Thanks !
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #348
mpl

It writes randomised values to a secondary internal buff, then you morph between 1st(initial values) and 2nd (randomised).
Old 05-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #349
Zamyen

Quote:
I`ll put increment for file naming later today. Current version of script already doesn`t save FX Chain if it is empty, obey track selection and use filesave dialog for saving chains into specific folder (/REAPER/FXChains/ if project is unsaved, otherwise project_folder/FXChains/ ). Make sure you have latest version and JS ReaScript API Extension installed if you haven`t one.

There is an API to put FX offline, but it require FX already existing on the track so in this case you have to anyway load it before putting into offline state. Not sure it will works with the way I modify track state chunk, but I`ll try some tricks to do that.
That sounds fine, the incrementing might be optional anyway since maybe not everyone requires that.

That should be ok too if FX are loaded (without being in disabled mode), I suppose if Reaper ever supports these in future via api that can be added in later.

It’s great that reaper can be customised and scripted for this task, I think these scripts would actually make it more powerful than in Cubase where this would be done manually track by tack (although Cubase supports Track presets reloading natively in the UI)
Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #350
mpl

See mpl_Load selected tracks FX chains by name, preserve all data including bypass and online states.
mpl_Load selected tracks FX chains by name, offline mode ignore bypass (FX is always enabled), load everything offlined.
Both scripts should preserve input FX.

Also mpl_Save selected tracks FX chains is updated.

Last edited by mpl; 05-22-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #351
Ozman

Hi, mpl...
I hope this isn't an annoyance, but, man...
I've got a question/request for ya.
Firstly, I've just recently tried the new Neutron 3.
And while it has some understandably useful features, there's some parts of it that seem kind of, well "redundant" in an ideal workflow.
For instance, using the Track assistant to balance one's mix, which in the end controls the volume of chosen
tracks.

Your own VisualMixer is just as good as theres. Do you think it is possible/feasible/reasonable for there to be a feature
of auto leveling selectable tracks to an eq/fft curve, like pink noise?

Last edited by Ozman; 06-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #352
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Hi, mpl...
I hope this isn't an annoyance, but, man...
I've got a question/request for ya.
Firstly, I've just recently tried the new Neutron 3.
And while it has some understandably useful features, there's some parts of it that seem kind of, well "redundant" in an ideal workflow.
For instance, using the Track assistant to balance one's mix, which in the end controls the volume of chosen
tracks.

Your own VisualMixer is just as good as theres. Do you think it is possible/feasible/reasonable for there to be a feature
of auto leveling selectable tracks to an eq/fft curve, like pink noise?
Not sure I understand. Leveling to eq? Like EQ matching? If yes, it is probably a task for specific script analyzing some window of selected tracks, totally not related to visualmixer.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #353
Ozman

Quote:
Not sure I understand. Leveling to eq? Like EQ matching? If yes, it is probably a task for specific script analyzing some window of selected tracks, totally not related to visualmixer.
Well, not really eq matching, more like leveling against a spectral curve.
Now that I talk about it, it does sound a bit out the scope of this script.
Overall, it was first thought of due to the idea of starting a mixing session by balancing the tracks against pink noise.

I associated it with the VisualMixer, b/c now, iZotope Neutron 3's Track Assistant has a feature of balancing tracks, which ends the it's Visual Mixer. While testing it, I just really felt it was really redundant, considering the possibility of automatically balancing tracks to pink noise as well as you having already created a very intuitive VisualMixer without the need of adding extra plugins to tracks' fx chains.

Do you think such a script would be a bit too much (auto-leveling tracks based on pink noise)?

Not eq'ing but just volume/trim (however, this would probably have to be based on some kind of FFT or spectral peaks).
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #354
mpl

How do you supposed it should be based on FFT? It is near same thing as normalize selected items/tracks by calculated RMS, no?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #355
Roger Heathcote

Default "Obsolete" RS5K scripts in ReaPack

Hello MPL and thanks for your great work! I have been learning reascripting in lua and reading your sources has been invaluable. I also use several of your scripts/actions day to day, in particular the 'Export selected items to RS5K instances...' and 'List next/previous sample in directory for RS5K...' scripts.

Today ReaPack tells me several of those RS5K scripts are now obsolete and offers to uninstall them for me. I'm obviously hesitant to do that as I do use them so I thought I'd write and ask what the situation is.

Have they been superseded by another package that I should use instead or are you just retiring them, and if the latter are they likely to break in the near future?

Best regards from London!

Roger
Roger Heathcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:28 AM   #356
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Heathcote View Post
Hello MPL and thanks for your great work! I have been learning reascripting in lua and reading your sources has been invaluable. I also use several of your scripts/actions day to day, in particular the 'Export selected items to RS5K instances...' and 'List next/previous sample in directory for RS5K...' scripts.

Today ReaPack tells me several of those RS5K scripts are now obsolete and offers to uninstall them for me. I'm obviously hesitant to do that as I do use them so I thought I'd write and ask what the situation is.

Have they been superseded by another package that I should use instead or are you just retiring them, and if the latter are they likely to break in the near future?

Best regards from London!

Roger
All is ok, I just recollect them into single metapackage. You'll need to reassign them, if you use it with custom action or with toolbar.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #357
Roger Heathcote

Default Thanks!

That's great news, thanks very much!
Roger Heathcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #358
bFooz

Hi mpl, this is a bug report. I am posting here because of the script has no dedicated thread and your Telegram link does not work for me.

Script: "Link selected tracks FX parameters"

Bug and steps:
1 - put ReaEq on two tracks, instance 1 has only one filter , instance 2 has two filters
2 - toggle bypass of instance 1

BUG: instance 2 is not bypassed and filter 2 in moved instead

3 - toggle bypass instance 2

BUG - instance one is not bypassed
bFooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #359
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Hi mpl, this is a bug report. I am posting here because of the script has no dedicated thread and your Telegram link does not work for me.
It is a script by spk77, not mine

EDIT: although if you open script in editor it shows this
Quote:
-- Lua script by X-Raym, casrya and SPK77 (23-Aug-2015)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #360
bFooz

Sorry, you're right.
bFooz is online now   Reply With Quote