Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #1
nocturn
Human being with feelings

Default media explorer: how to import a loop as heard in preview

ive wrote about this before and i still cant figure it out...ill have a bar looped in my arrange view and playing and load ME. i pick a file and loop a segment. tempo match is on and after tinkering, the segment is playing in sync how i want it with the loop in arrange view. now what? i want what im hearing to go sit in its hole on a track. i dont want to drag and drop, resize, realign and pray ill find the same sync after an hour. i dont know why but media explorers preview is awesome at finding loops. ive never been able to replicate what happened there by hand in arrange.

ive tried ticking start at bar, and having it insert from the drop down but it wont repeat the loop in preview so i cant tell if its in sync, preview just stops after playing the segment once and then waits for the size to fit?

sending the output to a track and recording...i have latency, you have latency, we all have latency. it records, but ever repetition is a little behind the previous. this would be all i need, backwards annoying and i think its adding noise, but if it would record a synced copy exactly WHERE im hearing it, id use it. i use this now as its easier to remember where the sync started, and spend 15min instead of an hour nudging the item around. most of the time though, i just use preview to make sure its the sound im looking for, and then throw the highlight on a track and start syncing there. way less comfortable then what ME preview does but at least it isnt lying to me and totally ignoring my intentions.

its very frustrating, VERY annoying, and is the only thing i hate about reaper. well this and the glueing problem but they finally just fixed that.

maybe someone has found a way around this or 3rd party vst that previews a REAL PREVIEW? i keep thinking im not understanding something obvious or i have something ticked i shouldnt but ive gotten to this point before, spent last two days looking for a media explorer changelog but finding only my old posts about this and thier sad lack of conclusion.
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Arnar
Human being with feelings

The media explorer is not in sync , for me its a big problem .
Very hard to find loops because they do not play in sync and do not groove in the same way when inserted. No idea why.
Arnar is offline   Reply With Quote