Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #23721
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Geoff, a small potential can of worms just occurred to me: due to the variable font sizes on the SCE-24, does a global ToggleRestrictTextLength action become too restrictive for that surface? For instance, maybe restricting the length to 7 works great for font size 4, but hypothetically, we can get 13 characters with font size 1. How to best deal with that?

I'm wondering if it makes sense to hardcode the # of characters for each font size on the cell screens then just have the ToggleRestrictTextLength action toggle it on or off. The Main Displays would also have different text lengths.

Pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but just something that popped into my head.
Yeah, I'm working on dealing with this exact issue right now with the font sizes and length, not resolved, but working on it.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 08:13 AM   #23722
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Request - FXSelectedDisply
Why needed: On ipad/touchosc using FxMenu
MM has created template that already uses FXBypassDisplay, FXOfflineDisplay, however, it is difficult to know which plugin is selected as they are not active or open. If CSI could pass a color change to the button, it would make it easier to know which was being controlled.

Unless there is another way to do this?
Thanks for the feature request.

Working on colour support (among other things) for the SCE24 right now.

I'll keep OSC in mind as I work through the SCE24 implementation.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:16 AM   #23723
Funkybot

Quote:
Request - FXSelectedDisply
Why needed: On ipad/touchosc using FxMenu
MM has created template that already uses FXBypassDisplay, FXOfflineDisplay, however, it is difficult to know which plugin is selected as they are not active or open. If CSI could pass a color change to the button, it would make it easier to know which was being controlled.

Unless there is another way to do this?
CSI already has FXNameDisplay. That will show you the name of the active FX. Here's how I use it in FX zones for the SCE-24. There are two displays up top. The one on the left will show the FX name for whatever is currently active, the one on the right shows the track name (in case I have multiple instances of the same FX).

You could do something similar. Or just add two extra displays in OSC and dedicate them for this task.
Code:
Zone FXPrologue
	LeftDisplay	FXNameDisplay Font=4
	RightDisplay 	TrackNameDisplay Font=3
ZoneEnd
Old 07-27-2023, 08:21 AM   #23724
MixMonkey

Quote:
CSI already has FXNameDisplay.
That one slipped past me
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 08:29 AM   #23725
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
That one slipped past me
I have the unfair advantage of having written most of the wiki.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:37 AM   #23726
flipotto

MM, went forward to latest exp build. ipadOsc still missing
Trackname and number, fxmenu plugin names etc.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:45 AM   #23727
MixMonkey

Quote:
Just revert to what you were using before until I sort it out.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:01 AM   #23728
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff, a small potential can of worms just occurred to me: due to the variable font sizes on the SCE-24, does a global ToggleRestrictTextLength action become too restrictive for that surface? For instance, maybe restricting the length to 7 works great for font size 4, but hypothetically, we can get 13 characters with font size 1. How to best deal with that?

I'm wondering if it makes sense to hardcode the # of characters for each font size on the cell screens then just have the ToggleRestrictTextLength action toggle it on or off. The Main Displays would also have different text lengths.

Pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but just something that popped into my head.
Actually, I'm coming around to your way of thinking.

The SCE24 coding is coming along fine, that's not the issue.

There is so much capability here. we need time to do it justice.

It's a design thing

For instance, I'm envisioning a workflow, where, if you are on the second page of params, e.g. Shift, you could change the ring colours to reinforce where you are.

Suppose you switch to local modifiers when using GoFXSlot from FXMenu -- seems like that is the obvious workflow choice.

That brings up the question -- should FXMenu always open up the Zone in unmodified state -- probably.

But what happens if you leave global modifiers active, are in the Shift state, and open the FX via FXMenu ?

Should that bring up the FX in Shifted state ?

Also probably true.

Very interested in everyone's thoughts on these matters.

So, seems like it is indeed a good idea to get 3.2 into production with Learn, then do a minor version release (3.2.1) when SCE24 support is past the draft stage, make sense ?
Old 07-27-2023, 10:47 AM   #23729
MixMonkey

Quote:
Here's the set of files I'm using. Use the latest EXP build. Learn parameters only via iPad, not BCR2000.

FXNameDisplay will only work on newly created FX.zon (either Learn or auto-map generated).

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-01-2023 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:25 AM   #23730
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
For instance, I'm envisioning a workflow, where, if you are on the second page of params, e.g. Shift, you could change the ring colours to reinforce where you are.
Wouldn't that be feasible today as long RingColor is a Widget Property? I haven't tried it, but I'm imagining something like this:
Code:
    RotaryFBA|             TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR RingStyle=Fill LEDRingColors="3-7-#00ff00ff+8-12-#ffff00ff+13-18-#ff0000ff"
    ShiftRotaryFBA|        TrackPan RingStyle=Dot LEDRingColors=#0000ffff
Quote:
Suppose you switch to local modifiers when using GoFXSlot from FXMenu -- seems like that is the obvious workflow choice.

That brings up the question -- should FXMenu always open up the Zone in unmodified state -- probably.

But what happens if you leave global modifiers active, are in the Shift state, and open the FX via FXMenu ?

Should that bring up the FX in Shifted state ?
What would happen when the FXMenu (Row C) is included in Home and always active as part of that along with a Track (Row A) and Send (Row B) zone? I think that will be the most common setup for the SCE-24 and very similar to MM's C4 layout. So in that case, I think the FXMenu should just respect the modifiers. I believe today, and correct me if I'm wrong, that if you hit Shift in an FXMenu, it doesn't blank everything out because most of the FXMenu widgets don't have Shift defined. So the unmodified widgets just kind of stay as-is. Is that not right?

Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackFXMenu"
    DisplayRow1C|          FXMenuNameDisplay TopMargin=0 BottomMargin=24 Font=3 Foreground=#ffff00ff Background=#000000ff
    DisplayRow2C|          FixedTextDisplay "Push To Map" TopMargin=32 BottomMargin=64 Font=1 Foreground=#ffff00ff Background=#000000ff

RotaryPushC|           Reaper _S&M_FLOATFX|
    RotaryPushC|           Reaper _S&M_SELFX|
    RotaryPushC|           GoFXSlot

Shift+RotaryPushC|     ToggleFXBypass                   //Bypass FX Slot
    Option+RotaryPushC|    Reaper _S&M_FXOFF|               //Offline FX slot
ZoneEnd

Quote:
So, seems like it is indeed a good idea to get 3.2 into production with Learn, then do a minor version release (3.2.1) when SCE24 support is past the draft stage, make sense ?
Yeah, I like this. I think folks will want to get their hands on Learn mode as soon as possible and may not want to wait. The only reason I might caution against going live now would be if there are syntax changes coming. For example: the DisplayRow syntax for the SCE-24 (Row=1, Row=2, Row=3, Row=4) looks different than other surfaces. Is that syntax going to only be applicable to the SCE-24 or will that same syntax be used for other surfaces? If the latter may happen, might be better to wait. If it's just for the SCE-24, then no point in delaying.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:40 AM   #23731
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Wouldn't that be feasible today as long RingColor is a Widget Property? I haven't tried it, but I'm imagining something like this:
Code:
    RotaryFBA|             TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR RingStyle=Fill LEDRingColors="3-7-#00ff00ff+8-12-#ffff00ff+13-18-#ff0000ff"
    ShiftRotaryFBA|        TrackPan RingStyle=Dot LEDRingColors=#0000ffff
Yes, it should work like that, but it currently doesn't.

I'll take that as a vote to implement it, which i agree is totally sensible.

Quote:
What would happen when the FXMenu (Row C) is included in Home and always active as part of that along with a Track (Row A) and Send (Row B) zone? I think that will be the most common setup for the SCE-24 and very similar to MM's C4 layout. So in that case, I think the FXMenu should just respect the modifiers. I believe today, and correct me if I'm wrong, that if you hit Shift in an FXMenu, it doesn't blank everything out because most of the FXMenu widgets don't have Shift defined. So the unmodified widgets just kind of stay as-is. Is that not right?

Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackFXMenu"
    DisplayRow1C|          FXMenuNameDisplay TopMargin=0 BottomMargin=24 Font=3 Foreground=#ffff00ff Background=#000000ff
    DisplayRow2C|          FixedTextDisplay "Push To Map" TopMargin=32 BottomMargin=64 Font=1 Foreground=#ffff00ff Background=#000000ff

RotaryPushC|           Reaper _S&M_FLOATFX|
    RotaryPushC|           Reaper _S&M_SELFX|
    RotaryPushC|           GoFXSlot

Shift+RotaryPushC|     ToggleFXBypass                   //Bypass FX Slot
    Option+RotaryPushC|    Reaper _S&M_FXOFF|               //Offline FX slot
ZoneEnd
Yes, CSI looks for a modified version, but if there is none, it falls back to unmodified.

BTW, I like Track, Sends and FXMenu on the X-Touch, and a whole page of params on the SCE24/C4, I think that will be the other common setup.

Quote:
Yeah, I like this. I think folks will want to get their hands on Learn mode as soon as possible and may not want to wait. The only reason I might caution against going live now would be if there are syntax changes coming. For example: the DisplayRow syntax for the SCE-24 (Row=1, Row=2, Row=3, Row=4) looks different than other surfaces. Is that syntax going to only be applicable to the SCE-24 or will that same syntax be used for other surfaces? If the latter may happen, might be better to wait. If it's just for the SCE-24, then no point in delaying.
Ok, do you want to start work on the Wiki, there's a lot to explain

I think the Faderport8/16 is the only other common Surface with rows.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:04 PM   #23732
Funkybot

Quote:
BTW, I like Track, Sends and FXMenu on the X-Touch, and a whole page of params on the SCE24/C4, I think that will be the other common setup.
Yes, on a multi-surface setup that makes sense but I almost feel like we should assume that the SCE-24 will be the only controller for the stock set of files. That's how I want to use it on my Mac too where it's doing the job of an "everything controller". We can even look to provide two sets of SCE24 files if needed: one for "everything duties" and another for "FX Duties".

Quote:
Ok, do you want to start work on the Wiki, there's a lot to explain
Yes, can look to get on that this weekend.

Quote:
I think the Faderport8/16 is the only other common Surface with rows.
Yes, I believe so. Does that mean the Row=1 Row=2 Row=3 Row=4 syntax will only apply to the SCE-24 and FP8/16? Just want to confirm that this isn't changing for everything else:

Code:
#DisplayRows DisplayUpper DisplayLower
Old 07-27-2023, 12:16 PM   #23733
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yes, on a multi-surface setup that makes sense but I almost feel like we should assume that the SCE-24 will be the only controller for the stock set of files. That's how I want to use it on my Mac too where it's doing the job of an "everything controller". We can even look to provide two sets of SCE24 files if needed: one for "everything duties" and another for "FX Duties".
That makes sense, 2 Zone folders supplied, one for each use case.

Quote:
Yes, can look to get on that this weekend.
Thanks, that would be great !

Quote:
Yes, I believe so. Does that mean the Row=1 Row=2 Row=3 Row=4 syntax will only apply to the SCE-24 and FP8/16? Just want to confirm that this isn't changing for everything else:

Code:
Yes, I can't think of any others that have more than 2 rows.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:45 PM   #23734
MixMonkey

Quote:
A couple of points:

i) Surfaces without displays won't work with Learn unless "fake" display information is added to the .mst and SurfaceFXLayout.zon, though not, strangely the LearnFXParams.zon. Tested with an X-Touch Mini and a BCR2000.

ii) The FXMenu doesn't span surfaces properly. It begins at slot 9 on the second surface in a setup.
Old 07-27-2023, 06:21 PM   #23735
MT4U

Quote:
Just had a look at the code, GoAssociatedZone already broadcasts, so you should just need to add a LearnFXParams Zone to each extender.
GoAssociatedZone broadcasts alright, the problem is that LeaveSubZone doesn't. Is there any setting to broadcast LeaveSubZone?

CSI_FX
: SubZone based GUI/Automapper for CSI.(UPD:2024-01-13)
Video Demo/Tutorial
Scripts for CSI: Reaper EEL2 scripts to use with CSI
MT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 06:50 PM   #23736
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4U View Post
GoAssociatedZone broadcasts alright, the problem is that LeaveSubZone doesn't. Is there any setting to broadcast LeaveSubZone?
I'm confused, happens all the time

The original post was about LearnFXParams Zones.

Are you asking a separate question about broadcasting LeaveSubZone?
Old 07-27-2023, 07:32 PM   #23737
MT4U

Quote:
I'm confused, happens all the time

The original post was about LearnFXParams Zones.

Are you asking a separate question about broadcasting LeaveSubZone?
Sorry... finally getting the time to try catch up with the latest changes, I'm trying to configure LearnFXParams associated zones for Extender+X-Touch. Is LeaveSubZone the proper action to return both surfaces to the previous zone or am I missing something?

CSI_FX
Video Demo/Tutorial

Last edited by MT4U; 07-27-2023 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:05 PM   #23738
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4U View Post
Sorry... finally getting the time to try catch up with the latest changes, I'm trying to configure LearnFXParams associated zones for Extender+X-Touch. Is LeaveSubZone the proper action to return both surfaces to the previous zone or am I missing something?
You just need the Save action. Pressing it writes the Learned .zon file and takes you to the Home zone.

Code:
Zone "LearnFXParams"
    OnZoneActivation	CheckForExistingLearnZone

Inputs		SaveLearnedFXParams

AudioInstrument     EraseLastTouchedControl
ZoneEnd
This post covers the high-level overview of how this all ties together: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=812
Old 07-27-2023, 08:17 PM   #23739
MT4U

Quote:
You just need the Save action. Pressing it writes the Learned .zon file and takes you to the Home zone.

Code:
Zone "LearnFXParams"
    OnZoneActivation	CheckForExistingLearnZone

Inputs		SaveLearnedFXParams

AudioInstrument     EraseLastTouchedControl
ZoneEnd
This post covers the high-level overview of how this all ties together: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=812
Excellent material as always, FB. Thanks!!!

CSI_FX
Video Demo/Tutorial
Old 07-28-2023, 12:28 AM   #23740
siniarch

Quote:

Code:
Trying to keep up with all these discussions. Great job everyone.

I was wondering why you wouldn't just transition to the following for all controllers.:

Code:
#DisplayRows Row1 Row2
And use the following for the SCE24:

Code:
#DisplayRows Row1 Row2 Row3 Row4
Or am I missing something? Wouldn't this keep it all the same or rather similar syntax?
Old 07-28-2023, 03:20 AM   #23741
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Trying to keep up with all these discussions. Great job everyone.

I was wondering why you wouldn't just transition to the following for all controllers.:

Code:
#DisplayRows Row1 Row2
And use the following for the SCE24:

Code:
#DisplayRows Row1 Row2 Row3 Row4
Or am I missing something? Wouldn't this keep it all the same or rather similar syntax?
The usual way uses that list to obtain the display Widget name.

The SCE24 and Faderport 8/16 are special in that they have more than 2 rows for one Widget, so instead of being Widget names they are properties of the same Widget.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 07-28-2023 at 03:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:45 AM   #23742
flipotto

Quote:
Here's the set of files I'm using. Use the latest EXP build. Learn parameters only via iPad, not BCR2000.

FXNameDisplay will only work on newly created FX.zon (either Learn or auto-map generated).
Thank you! New selected fx looks nice!
For BCR2000 FXLayouts.zon
Can we
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
     "" "" 8
     "Shift" "" 8
     "Option" "" 8
     "Control" "" 8
     "Alt" "" 8
ZoneEnd
Like this?
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
	"" "A" 8
	"" "B" 8
	"" "C" 8
	"" "D" 8
	"" "P" 8
	"" "Q" 8
	"" "R" 8
	"Shift" "A" 8
	"Shift" "B" 8
	"Shift" "C" 8
	"Shift" "D" 8
	"Shift" "P" 8
	"Shift" "Q" 8
	"Shift" "R" 8
       / repeat for option, alt, control?
ZoneEnd
? Or use as many of those as we think we'll need - like Shift and Option?
Old 07-28-2023, 07:49 AM   #23743
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thank you! New selected fx looks nice!
For BCR2000 FXLayouts.zon
Can we
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
     "" "" 8
     "Shift" "" 8
     "Option" "" 8
     "Control" "" 8
     "Alt" "" 8
ZoneEnd
Like this?
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
	"" "A" 8
	"" "B" 8
	"" "C" 8
	"" "D" 8
	"" "P" 8
	"" "Q" 8
	"" "R" 8
	"Shift" "A" 8
	"Shift" "B" 8
	"Shift" "C" 8
	"Shift" "D" 8
	"Shift" "P" 8
	"Shift" "Q" 8
	"Shift" "R" 8
       / repeat for option, alt, control?
ZoneEnd
?
Yep, you got the idea
Old 07-29-2023, 07:16 AM   #23744
flipotto

Default MM - BCR2k exp build button mapping?

Good morning,
Should button mapping like P1 work?
Code:
Plugin on track - in learn mode 
- press plugin button 
- param is last touched, 
- press (left mouse click) pcscreen osc P1, Q1 or R1 button
Control does not appear to be mapped, no text on button.
I tried double click
This process does work on ipad touchosc.
I transferred the layout from pc to ipad, so I know they are the same.
Thoughts?

Edit - How should I learn using the shifted set of controls? At the moment it does not seem to be working.

EDIT2 - buttons learned on ipad touchosc get label during learn but after save button mapping not recalled.
Is this because I messed with FXLayouts.zon next post, no longer abcdapqr order, or adding shift,alt,ctrl,opt?

Last edited by flipotto; 07-29-2023 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 07:24 AM   #23745
flipotto

Default FXLayouts.zon and learned controls

I have my FXLayouts.zon like this for bcr
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
	"" "B" 8
	"" "C" 8
	"" "D" 8
	"" "A" 8
	"" "P" 8
	"" "Q" 8
	"" "R" 8
	"Shift" "B" 8
	"Shift" "C" 8
	"Shift" "D" 8
	"Shift" "A" 8
	"Shift" "P" 8
	"Shift" "Q" 8
	"Shift" "R" 8
	"Option" "B" 8
	"Option" "C" 8
	"Option" "D" 8
	"Option" "A" 8
	"Option" "P" 8
	"Option" "Q" 8
	"Option" "R" 8
	"Control" "B" 8
	"Control" "C" 8
	"Control" "D" 8
	"Control" "A" 8
	"Control" "P" 8
	"Control" "Q" 8
	"Control" "R" 8
	"Alt" "B" 8
	"Alt" "C" 8
	"Alt" "D" 8
	"Alt" "A" 8
	"Alt" "P" 8
	"Alt" "Q" 8
	"Alt" "R" 8	
ZoneEnd
Learned plugin control order does not match, should it?
Code:
Zone "VST3i: Jun-6 V (Arturia)" "Jun-6 V" "Generated by Learn"
	SelectedFXName FXNameDisplay

#Begin auto generated section
	RotaryA1	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction

RotaryA2	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction

RotaryA3	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction

RotaryA4	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction

RotaryA5	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction
	NullDisplay	NoAction

---- snip ---- it keeps going on the shift,opt,cntl,alt
#End auto generated section
ZoneEnd
Also - parameters are not listed below that line, I was expecting them to be, should they be?
Perhaps I only get that if I click remap?

Trying my first big synth plugin.

Standard process could/should be
learn as many as possible, then do remap to move things if necessary, knowing I can't learn again after either remap save or text edit?
Old 07-29-2023, 07:40 AM   #23746
MixMonkey

Quote:
Good morning,
Should button mapping like P1 work?
Code:
Plugin on track - in learn mode 
- press plugin button 
- param is last touched, 
- press (left mouse click) pcscreen osc P1, Q1 or R1 button
Control does not appear to be mapped, no text on button.
I tried double click
This process does work on ipad touchosc.
I transferred the layout from pc to ipad, so I know they are the same.
Thoughts?

Edit - How should I learn using the shifted set of controls? At the moment it does not seem to be working.
I’m out at the moment, so can’t check, but button mapping was definitely working via the iPad in the files I posted.
Regarding Control not showing, I suggest you map surface refresh as a key command, sometimes not all the data makes it across in one go. A surface refresh can cure that.
To learn modified controls, hold down the modifier and operate the control.
Old 07-29-2023, 07:50 AM   #23747
flipotto

Quote:
I’m out at the moment, so can’t check, but button mapping was definitely working via the iPad in the files I posted.
Ok on being out, I hope your having some fun!
The buttons on the PCtouchosc, is that just click on them?
Ipadtosc gets the labels but mapping is not saved.
I will delete this mapping and start fresh with buttons first as test
Quote:
Regarding Control not showing, I suggest you map surface refresh as a key command, sometimes not all the data makes it across in one go. A surface refresh can cure that.
Ok will try that
Quote:
To learn modified controls, hold down the modifier and operate the control.
Quick press to toggles shift on - should that work?

EDIT - starting fresh I am able to map buttons with ipad.
Attempting to learn with PCosc
Code:
click button on plugin
click button on pcosc 
param shows up on touchosc, not on psosc (have not tried refresh yet)
Save learned param, param not recalled.
EDIT2 have not been able to learn any shift params.

Is there a limited number of times you can renter Learn?
I try to learn a few more controls on unshifted, params are labelled on ipad, save, newly mapped params lost.
I will scale back to just using TDR and experiment with shift etc.

Last edited by flipotto; 07-29-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:14 AM   #23748
Funkybot

I know the features aren't even officially out the door yet, but I wanted to get together a page for Auto-Mapping, Learn, and the Remap window just to start getting these features documented ahead of their imminent arrival.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...d-Remap-Window

It's a little clunky and I'll improve it over time (needs screen prints of the Remap window for one thing) but if anyone wants to give this a gander and offer feedback, I'm open. I tried to stick the "in the weeds" details about zone file generation at the end because I'm assuming when this goes live, we'll have updated support files for people to use and most users won't need to go into those details.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:51 AM   #23749
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I know the features aren't even officially out the door yet, but I wanted to get together a page for Auto-Mapping, Learn, and the Remap window just to start getting these features documented ahead of their imminent arrival.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...d-Remap-Window

It's a little clunky and I'll improve it over time (needs screen prints of the Remap window for one thing) but if anyone wants to give this a gander and offer feedback, I'm open. I tried to stick the "in the weeds" details about zone file generation at the end because I'm assuming when this goes live, we'll have updated support files for people to use and most users won't need to go into those details.
Great stuff, as always !!

Couple of minor points.

The Remap section is out of date (I think we can lose the 3.0.6 reference), you can now drag properly in both Windows and Mac, and you can double click to edit. The up down arrows are only present in the Windows version.

You only need SaveLearnedFXParams present in one Zone, it broadcasts, no need for it in Extender LearnFXParams Zones.
Old 07-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #23750
Funkybot

Quote:
Great stuff, as always !!

Couple of minor points.

The Remap section is out of date (I think we can lose the 3.0.6 reference), you can now drag properly in both Windows and Mac, and you can double click to edit. The up down arrows are only present in the Windows version.

You only need SaveLearnedFXParams present in one Zone, it broadcasts, no need for it in Extender LearnFXParams Zones.
Updates made!
Old 07-29-2023, 11:35 AM   #23751
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Updates made!
Screenshots look fabulous !

Might want to leave out step 3 in Auto-Mapping as both Toggles are on by default, might be less confusing.

I think the Toggles should be in the more advanced stuff at the end.

Just my 2c
Old 07-29-2023, 12:35 PM   #23752
Funkybot

Quote:
Screenshots look fabulous !

Might want to leave out step 3 in Auto-Mapping as both Toggles are on by default, might be less confusing.

I think the Toggles should be in the more advanced stuff at the end.

Just my 2c
Ok, very minor updates made including a tweak to how the toggles are referenced. I also included a note about the Erase action needing to be mapped on each surface.
Old 07-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #23753
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok, very minor updates made including a tweak to how the toggles are referenced. I also included a note about the Erase action needing to be mapped on each surface.
Lookin' good !!
Old 07-29-2023, 06:30 PM   #23754
MixMonkey

Quote:
I have my FXLayouts.zon like this for bcr
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
	"" "B" 8
	"" "C" 8
	"" "D" 8
	"" "A" 8
	"" "P" 8
	"" "Q" 8
	"" "R" 8
	"Shift" "B" 8
	"Shift" "C" 8
	"Shift" "D" 8
	"Shift" "A" 8
	"Shift" "P" 8
	"Shift" "Q" 8
	"Shift" "R" 8
	"Option" "B" 8
	"Option" "C" 8
	"Option" "D" 8
	"Option" "A" 8
	"Option" "P" 8
	"Option" "Q" 8
	"Option" "R" 8
	"Control" "B" 8
	"Control" "C" 8
	"Control" "D" 8
	"Control" "A" 8
	"Control" "P" 8
	"Control" "Q" 8
	"Control" "R" 8
	"Alt" "B" 8
	"Alt" "C" 8
	"Alt" "D" 8
	"Alt" "A" 8
	"Alt" "P" 8
	"Alt" "Q" 8
	"Alt" "R" 8	
ZoneEnd
Learned plugin control order does not match, should it?
No, the order only has relevance for auto-map, not Learn (you decide what goes where with Learn)
Quote:
..parameters are not listed below that line, I was expecting them to be, should they be?
Yes, they should be listed (and are here)

Quote:
Standard process could/should be
learn as many as possible, then do remap to move things if necessary, knowing I can't learn again after either remap save or text edit?
That's a good plan
Old 07-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #23755
MixMonkey

Quote:
The buttons on the PCtouchosc, is that just click on them?
Yes (and a quick click and release will latch modifiers).
Quote:
EDIT - starting fresh I am able to map buttons with ipad.
Attempting to learn with PCosc
Code:
click button on plugin
click button on pcosc 
param shows up on touchosc, not on psosc (have not tried refresh yet)
Save learned param, param not recalled.
This works here, running TouchOsc on the same Mac as Reaper, locally connected @127.0.0.1.
Quote:
EDIT2 have not been able to learn any shift params.
I can learn modifiers here on the Mac without issue.
Quote:
Is there a limited number of times you can renter Learn?
I don't think so. The only thing that prevents re-using learn is editing the map.
Old 07-29-2023, 06:52 PM   #23756
MixMonkey

Geoff, one small issue with the use of modifiers with Learn. If you have a Widget mapped without a modifier, but not mapped when a modifier is used, the displays don't blank in the modified state. They still show the unmodified name.

Ideally, every Widget that is not mapped to a modifier should have its modified displays set to NoAction, so they blank when a modifier is pressed.

Obviously this problem solves itself when a Widget has both an un-modified and modified definition, the displays get overwritten by default.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:08 AM   #23757
flipotto

Quote:
Yes (and a quick click and release will latch modifiers).

This works here, running TouchOsc on the same Mac as Reaper, locally connected @127.0.0.1.

I can learn modifiers here on the Mac without issue.

I don't think so. The only thing that prevents re-using learn is editing the map.
These observations are only using pcOsc on same machine (win10) using 127.0.0.1. TDR plugin
I am not able to learn mode more than once.
Meaning: Learn some - save, learn again, learns but - save does not save second learned controls. I try refresh all - does not help.
I made a video of it, don't know where to put the video (too big for here)?
https://youtu.be/dTF9IGeHQx4

Also - no params list at end of TDR, after save. for me.

Last edited by flipotto; 07-30-2023 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2023, 05:22 AM   #23758
MixMonkey

Quote:
These observations are only using pcOsc on same machine (win10) using 127.0.0.1. TDR plugin
I am not able to learn mode more than once.
You need someone else who uses Windows to test this. It all works fine on Mac. Does it work properly using the iPad?
Old 07-30-2023, 06:39 AM   #23759
flipotto

Quote:
You need someone else who uses Windows to test this. It all works fine on Mac. Does it work properly using the iPad?
It does not work for iPad either, I can not learn a second time.
And no params list is after the zon. I'll download last exp build again, to make sure I have the latest.

Edit - if I restart Reaper, I can Learn once (same plugin TDR), after first save can not remember learned params.
If I restart Reaper again, I can learn once more (same plugin TDR), after first save can not remember learned params.

Perhaps something that happens at reaper startup (oninitialization) needs to happen with the save button? To allow the refresh the state of something. I tried refresh all surfaces, that didn't help.

Edit2 - confirm both pcosc and ipad have same results.
I am using the July 24 exp build. I am on latest pc touchosc app and latest ipad touchosc app.
If I restart Reaper I can map same plugin again until I save. After that first save of new params, I attempt to map new params - they show up on ipad as mapped - they control the plugin when I save, those mapped params are lost.

Last edited by flipotto; 07-30-2023 at 08:05 AM. Reason: specifics
Old 07-30-2023, 09:07 AM   #23760
MixMonkey

Quote:
It does not work for iPad either, I can not learn a second time.
And no params list is after the zon.
Does it work if you revert to the files I posted?