Old 01-10-2016, 06:43 AM   #1
Airal
Banned

Default connecting reaper midi with win32 midi

So I wrote some code to deal with a controller in win32 to get everything tested and working. I was able to pretty much copy and paste it all into reaper's sdk csurf examples and get it to work.

Since it uses mmsystem, reaper doesn't know about the ports it uses and all that and I'm sure it blocks reaper since we can't share midi ports.

I don't want to have to require all the code for reaper. Does anyone think it is possible to sort of still use mmsystem but inform reaper properly to use the correct opened ports without complicating things?

I imagine reaper is essentially doing exactly what I'm doing under the hood and if it doesn't add any layer of indirection then the code should work in parallel, as long as reaper can get the port handles and I can get the port handles from reaper.

If reaper is using any of the ports then I'll need to use it's handles, assuming they are the same as used by mmsystem, so I can "re-open" them and use them and not be blocked by reaper. (I'll also have to sync with reaper and inform it I opened the ports if they wern't open by reaper in the first place... this should be easy if reaper is consistent with mmsystem internally).

Basically, what I'm hoping that I can do is use reaper to open and close the ports then use mmsystem/win32 directly for everything else.

My guess is that none of this will actually work though ;/ As I now I'm having to proxy data using some virtual ports ;/
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote