Old 12-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
Dehenry
Human being with feelings

Default Length of recorded items

Is there a way to quantize the length of recorded items? I don't mean the notes inside the recorded item, but the item itself. So that when I stop a recording, Reaper moves the start and end of the item to, say, full quarter notes. Now I always have to manually adjust the start and end of the item after recording and then glue it so that it can be looped in sync with the beat.

If I set eg a one bar a cycle to record a drum loop and play a note during the first pass/cycle, Reaper draws an item that is as long as the whole cycle. That makes sense. But if I wait and play the first note only after the first full pass, Reaper will draw the item only from the position of that first note. In the following passes it will not record any notes that I play before that first note because they are outside the already drawn item. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 12-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
Dehenry

Nobody? Or am I the only one with this problem?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
RobU

Try: Options / Audio / Loop Recording

MIDI overdub/replace always creates selection-length media item.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
Dehenry

Thanks, that option is already enabled. I tried deactivating "In Loop recording, discard incomplete first or last takes...", but that didn't help either.