Old 02-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
smueske
Human being with feelings

Default RTM updated

I have added RTM4 to my EP RTM. If you purchased the EP before today, it's a free update. Just go to your collection and download the EP again. For those who are new, all 4 songs are available for $3.

https://muesk.bandcamp.com/album/rtm
smueske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
For those who are new,...
I am obviously new, as I don't understand a word of what you are saying in this message .
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #3
smueske

Hi, Michael:

Sorry, I can see where this might seem cryptic. Let me try to make some sense of this for you.

Last June I released an EP of 3 songs. It was called "RTM," which is short for "rhythm," because the pieces were largely studies in rhythm and minimalism with few instruments; even the melodic elements are essentially rhythmic. The pieces were named RTM1, RTM2, and RTM3. It sold for $2.

In November, I started working on a piece whose working title was "Church of the Bouncing Ball." More and more, as I neared completing it, I felt it should be included with the pieces in the RTM series. Since RTM was a digital distribution on Bandcamp, I decided to retitle the piece "RTM4," then add it to the RTM EP. I uploaded the piece, which is free for anyone who currently owns the EP (they just have to download it from their "collection" page). I changed the price from $2 to $3 to cover future downloads, that is, anyone who buys it from this point forward.

I hope I haven't made this more confusing. I decided to do this rather than start work on a follow up EP because I am focusing on ambient work at the moment.

Steve
smueske is online now   Reply With Quote