Old 12-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #4361
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
That did it! Thank you!
No problem!! I'm not sure why the RAW version didn't work - the </nnn> error suggests there was some extra metadata added to the lua file (as that's not in my code). The RAW version definitely shouldn't have contained anything other than the plain text.

Anyway - in future - if I remember (!) - I'll try to keep that dropbox link open with the latest version.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #4362
sammydix

After so many failures, I was just glad to see it work.

I copied the raw text twice, figuring I may have done something wrong the first time. So unless I made the same mistake twice (whatever that could be besides simply copy/pasting), I don't know what was going wrong. Just glad to see it up and now it's time to watch the turials...

Thanks again (less frantically).
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #4363
timbralzoom

Happy New Year!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #4364
RJHollins

Happy New Year !!
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:11 AM   #4365
lb0

Indeed - Happy New Year...

The last two days I've got back on it a little more - will have something new soonish... Still lots to iron out and add before I want to release it - but it's coming along now I've had a little more time...
Old 01-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #4366
lb0

So - the RS5K control is working here - and currently working on the 'manager'.

So a few questions for anyone interested.

What parameters would you like to be directly accessible through the manager?

I've already added the keyboard to set the note start and end. Also the channel outputs.

I'm thinking it might be useful to include the probability - for setting up round-robins (using multiple instances).

Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #4367
Arthur McArthur

Happy New Year! And happy new features!

Leon it's looking very swish! Love the keyboard. Would be really cool to have a default mode where the keyboard controls the pitch offset, with C5 being the center a la FL studio. I would use the heck out of that

I think probability and everything else are exposed as parameters we can drag in, except for "Import item from arrange"

A cool feature I'd like for the browser is a function I'm missing from the media explorer: the ability to tag a sample as a favorite and have it appear at the top of the list. Can you open folders through the manager's browser? If so, a previous folder/back control would be useful

Can't wait to give it a spin!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:36 AM   #4368
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Happy New Year! And happy new features!

Leon it's looking very swish! Love the keyboard. Would be really cool to have a default mode where the keyboard controls the pitch offset, with C5 being the center a la FL studio. I would use the heck out of that

I think probability and everything else are exposed as parameters we can drag in, except for "Import item from arrange"

A cool feature I'd like for the browser is a function I'm missing from the media explorer: the ability to tag a sample as a favorite and have it appear at the top of the list. Can you open folders through the manager's browser? If so, a previous folder/back control would be useful

Can't wait to give it a spin!
Pitch via the keyboard is a great idea - dunno why I didn't think of that!!

Your last request about the browser - at the moment - that isn't really a proper browser - what it shows is all the samples 'loaded' into the rs5k control (ie. that you've added - either by a folder or loaded individually). Thus turning the rs5k control knob on the strip selects the sample from the list.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that each rs5k control you add to the strip must have a limit to how many samples it can contain (and thus you can cycle through). This is purely because of the way snapshots save and recall. Having it unlimited means that whenever you add or remove any samples - would completely change any saved snapshots and the wrong samples would get loaded.

So question here is what is a good upper limit? At the moment I've set it to 512. I can change this very easily - but you should be aware that making it too large makes the rotary control to select a sample pretty much useless as it just won't have the resolution to pick each sample. Of course you can select a sample through the manager easy enough though.

So what do you think the max number of samples in the control should be - how many would be enough? I'm not prepared to rewrite all the snapshot code to make it less restrictive !!! That's way more work than I have time for.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #4369
Arthur McArthur

Great! The pitch via keyboard is something I loved in FL and missed desperately in REAPER so very glad you can implement it! (The way it's implemented in FL is weird but works, with right-click setting the center and left on the keyboard being higher and right being lower.)

If it's arbitrary, could we get a 5000 sample limit? It's probably way more than I'd ever need in any universe ever but why not go for the gusto? I would imagine the rotary would be for smaller more heavily "curated" folders of our favorite samples.

What would happen if we selected a folder with more than the max samples it? Would it cut off alphabetically?
Old 01-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #4370
lb0

Quote:
Great! The pitch via keyboard is something I loved in FL and missed desperately in REAPER so very glad you can implement it! (The way it's implemented in FL is weird but works, with right-click setting the center and left on the keyboard being higher and right being lower.)

If it's arbitrary, could we get a 5000 sample limit? It's probably way more than I'd ever need in any universe ever but why not go for the gusto? I would imagine the rotary would be for smaller more heavily "curated" folders of our favorite samples.

What would happen if we selected a folder with more than the max samples it? Would it cut off alphabetically?
I'm not sure how FL does it - but will see what I can make work.

The problem with the higher limit is that the resolution of the knob control will remain the same no matter how many samples are in the control. So say you had 500 samples - you could only use 10% of the rotation to choose them (although the knob would show the full range for those 500).

I'll see if I can come up with some other way of doing it - I have an idea to try but not thought it through thoroughly enough!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #4371
Arthur McArthur

Well if the resolution ends up being tied to the knob, 500 samples is still plenty! We could always chain instances with round robin's set up in different folders
Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #4372
lb0

Quote:
Just trying to get my head around how this works. So if you have the pitch centre set to C5 - the pitch adjust would be 0.

If you set B4 to be the centre - the pitch adjust would be +1 semitone?
And if you set C#5 to be the centre - the pitch adjust would be -1 semitones?

etc...?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #4373
Arthur McArthur

Yes that's how it works in FL (it's more intuitive in use than on paper.) They also have a handy dandy scroll bar on the bottom to navigate.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #4374
lb0

Quote:
Yes that's how it works in FL (it's more intuitive in use than on paper.) They also have a handy dandy scroll bar on the bottom to navigate.
Well currently you can click and drag the keyboard - so close enough
Old 01-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #4375
Arthur McArthur

That'll definitely work!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:36 AM   #4376
lb0

Updated

It's not finished yet - there are things still to tidy up - a few non-critical visual bugs might still exist - but it's been stable for me.

Modulators don't yet work with the rs5k control.

Haven't added favourites yet.

Still need to include sample number checks - so at the moment - you can put in as many samples as you like - but if you go over the limit (which I think I set to 2048) - weird things can happen in the rs5k manager.

But despite these -

Creating an rs5k control (from the track controls - other controls list) - will use the first unmapped rs5k control on the track (or alternatively create an instance automatically).

You can right-click the control or use the manager (double click control to open) to add folders or individual samples.

Because of the limitations to Reaper's API - you need to select a single file from inside the folder you wish to import (no API to select a folder) - it will then scan the folder for all WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC files and add them. (other sample file types will be added when I bother to work out what is allowed).

You can use the +subfolders menu option to include all folders within the selected folder - this will deep scan all folders in folders in folders etc - so be careful as you might end up importing all your samples into one instance of the control (which is likely to be way too many).

If you want to select a parent folder that contains no file to select - my workaround is to simply create a text file in the parent folder - and select this file. The text file will be ignored - but all subfolders will be scanned. On windows you can create the text file from within the select file browser - so takes 2 seconds if required.

Please note - using the Load Folder functions will clear the current contents of the control (so only one folder structure allowed at a time).

Loading large samples will at the moment slow cycling through the control using the knob (as it tries to load each sample when you cycle through) - in this case best to use the manager. But for small drum sample files - works fine.

Keyboard - use to set keyboard range and pitch offset. Double click to select one note - then shift+click to select a range. Right-click to change the pitch offset. Mouse wheel - or lclick + drag to scroll the keyboard.

The ADD, REPLACE, CLEAR sample buttons in the manager work on single samples only (the selected sample will change if using CLEAR or REPLACE).

use the OUT c1+c2 button to change output channel of instance.

Like I said - still much to add / things to sort out - but currently this works for me and is really quick to set up and use

I'll address any bugs when I have time...
Old 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #4377
Arthur McArthur

Oh boy, it is a thing of beauty!! Thank you, Leon, this is amazing. Been playing with it this morning and having loads of fun. Working like a dream so far.

One strange behaviour I'm having is that my right click menu in Live Mode is registering clicks as one "menu item/action" up from what is clicked. So if I click on Lock Surface it actually Toggles Sidebar, and Toggle Sidebar actually Toggles Topbar, etc.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #4378
lb0

Quote:
Oh boy, it is a thing of beauty!! Thank you, Leon, this is amazing. Been playing with it this morning and having loads of fun. Working like a dream so far.

One strange behaviour I'm having is that my right click menu in Live Mode is registering clicks as one "menu item/action" up from what is clicked. So if I click on Lock Surface it actually Toggles Sidebar, and Toggle Sidebar actually Toggles Topbar, etc.
Aah - thanks for the report - will look into.

Had a (very quick) test. Is ok for me when clicking on a track control and also in blank space.

Can you post a screenshot? Or give a bit more detail (like what you are clicking on) ? It's probably a particular case (as the menu changes depending on what or where is clicked).

Oh - and glad you like it
Old 01-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #4379
Arthur McArthur

Like it is an understatement!!!

Clicking on a control works fine for me it's just in blank space that I'm having the issue. Here's a gif of the behaviour: https://imgur.com/a/Svvof
Old 01-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #4380
Arthur McArthur

Also, found a crash with cycle buttons and MIDI/OSC controls: https://imgur.com/a/0tRnW

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 01-06-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #4381
lb0

Quote:
Also, found a crash with cycle buttons and MIDI/OSC controls: https://imgur.com/a/0tRnW
ah - something else I've not tested yet - will sort in the coming days...
Old 01-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #4382
Arthur McArthur

Great, thanks!

While playing around today I had a thought of how we can control and Stripperize the plugins that don't expose their parameters properly or at all. I was avoiding using quite a few plugins in my Stripper workflows because of the lack of snapshot recall. But I just realized we can save user presets and then switch between them using MIDI program changes in Stripper.

https://imgur.com/a/SAo5J

Great success!
Old 01-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #4383
lb0

Quote:
Great, thanks!

While playing around today I had a thought of how we can control and Stripperize the plugins that don't expose their parameters properly or at all. I was avoiding using quite a few plugins in my Stripper workflows because of the lack of snapshot recall. But I just realized we can save user presets and then switch between them using MIDI program changes in Stripper.

https://imgur.com/a/SAo5J

Great success!
Well - what I thought would be a 5 minute fix - has led me round the houses and turned into a multi-hour headscratch...

Anyway - think I fixed it (and hopefully not broken anything in doing so). Hopefully - midi/osc control will work ok with cycle controls now.

It's also reminded me that probably some of the other newer control types may not be currently compatible with the cycle controls... But I'll look into each one as and when it becomes a problem for someone (or me)... Not enough time right now to go testing and tracking them down.

It's become quite a mission to add new control types - as each one has to be made to work with Modulators/Cycle Controls/Snapshots/Morphing Snapshots/Metalite Control/Macros/Randomize/Advance Randomize as well as copying/duplicating and probably all sorts of other things that I've forgotten about. I need to make a check list so I can easily find out what I've missed with each new control... (I'm just not always that organized )

Nice idea re-Program Changes and snapshots - glad it works - another thing I've never thought of - but could be useful for many...
Old 01-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #4384
Arthur McArthur

Cycle controls are cycling optimally! Thanks for tracking that down. There's so much functionality for each control I can see how each new control type is a big task. Funny you mention checklists because just working with Stripper I've needed to make and iterate on a checklist for strip creation best practices. I'd imagine yours would be a little more complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Nice idea re-Program Changes and snapshots - glad it works - another thing I've never thought of - but could be useful for many...
Cheers, but please be careful with compliments because with complements come control type requests! I can't help myself, I've had some more shower thoughts and fallen down another rabbit hole...

The limitations of the current idea: there are only 127 program changes available and for the idea to be scaleable we'd need one preset per plugin per snapshot. Enter a handy control type based on RS5K manager: "Preset Manager" that can link to last focused fx, and can scroll/randomize/recall presets for that fx. It could work with the snapshot system so that every time a snapshot is captured it saves a unique user preset along with it. Switching between snapshots then would recall the preset that was saved at the time the snapshot was saved. This all is assuming of course that there's no limit on the amount of user presets that REAPER can handle as we'd start hitting preset numbers in the thousands over the years.

This could be an easier way to select/randomize between Nebula libraries as well.

I know you're fresh off implementing a huge feature and perhaps I need to cool my jets with these intensive control requests but I had to share the idea
Old 01-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #4385
lb0

Quote:
Cycle controls are cycling optimally! Thanks for tracking that down. There's so much functionality for each control I can see how each new control type is a big task. Funny you mention checklists because just working with Stripper I've needed to make and iterate on a checklist for strip creation best practices. I'd imagine yours would be a little more complex

Cheers, but please be careful with compliments because with complements come control type requests! I can't help myself, I've had some more shower thoughts and fallen down another rabbit hole...

The limitations of the current idea: there are only 127 program changes available and for the idea to be scaleable we'd need one preset per plugin per snapshot. Enter a handy control type based on RS5K manager: "Preset Manager" that can link to last focused fx, and can scroll/randomize/recall presets for that fx. It could work with the snapshot system so that every time a snapshot is captured it saves a unique user preset along with it. Switching between snapshots then would recall the preset that was saved at the time the snapshot was saved. This all is assuming of course that there's no limit on the amount of user presets that REAPER can handle as we'd start hitting preset numbers in the thousands over the years.

This could be an easier way to select/randomize between Nebula libraries as well.

I know you're fresh off implementing a huge feature and perhaps I need to cool my jets with these intensive control requests but I had to share the idea
haha - well I'll finish the rs5k control first - then consider this .

I'm not sure - but the program change midi might be able to go over 127 anyway - so a change to the midictl itself might be able to allow for applying a user preset > 127...

I don't know if it's possible to query a plugin to find out what preset is currently selected... Although I'm no expert in such things. May be possible through the track chunk - but I wouldn't want to go that way for snapshots as it has the potential to really slow things down.

Actually - Reaper's API does provide a function to GetPreset/SetPreset.

You've made me think a little about other preset oriented stuff - but it seems the API does not stretch as far as being able to get the full list of presets for a plugin (without first activating each one)... - unless I've missed it. That would be super useful...

Of course - I assume these only work on the DAW's preset system - and if (like many) a plugin uses a bespoke preset system - these would not be accessible through the API calls.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #4386
Arthur McArthur

Right, we would have to convert plugins' presets to user presets for it to work. Last night I tested an AutoHotkey script to quickly convert a plugin's default preset to REAPER user presets- it was a breeze (despite my lack of programming skill.)

I've also found a couple of FX preset scripts that may be of interest from eugen and me2beats and attached them.

From what I understand, REAPER stores user presets in .ini files in the "presets" folder. I wonder if you could query the .ini file to get the list of presets?

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 01-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #4387
lb0

Quote:
Right, we would have to convert plugins' presets to user presets for it to work. Last night I tested an AutoHotkey script to quickly convert a plugin's default preset to REAPER user presets- it was a breeze (despite my lack of programming skill.)

I've also found a couple of FX preset scripts that may be of interest from eugen and me2beats and attached them.

From what I understand, REAPER stores user presets in .ini files in the "presets" folder. I wonder if you could query the .ini file to get the list of presets?
Taken a look at the ini files - they'd be easy enough to parse - so long as they can also be easily mapped to a plugin (ie. you can work out what plugin they are associated with). I know the name of the ini file gives a big hint - but this would need to map exactly with the correct plugin.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #4388
Arthur McArthur

Oops forgot to attach the scripts here they are:

On my end, all the .ini files seem like the match up exactly with the plugin name
Attached Files
File Type: lua me2beats_Set preset.lua (566 Bytes, 112 views)
File Type: lua me2beats_Set random preset.lua (413 Bytes, 110 views)
File Type: lua gen_Save Preset for last touched FX.lua (11.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #4389
lb0

Update - added favourites and sorting by favourites to RS5K control. Also added modulator control for RS5K control (for completeness really - not sure how useful it will be in reality).

Still thinking on the plugin presets - and coming up with ideas. Still need to decide on the best way to implement this.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #4390
Arthur McArthur

Favorites and manager are working like a dream over here, great work!! Thanks again for this. Excited to see what you come up with re: presets. I've been pushing the program change method to it's limits (128 presets and record arm must be enabled... whoops there goes my CPU) but it's already welcomed many fun new plugins into the Stripper fold
Old 01-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #4391
RJHollins

Although these new added features are outside of my needs/use [as best I understand] ... just wanted to confirm that previous STRIPS are loading and working correctly.

Thank-you
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #4392
lb0

Quote:
Favorites and manager are working like a dream over here, great work!! Thanks again for this. Excited to see what you come up with re: presets. I've been pushing the program change method to it's limits (128 presets and record arm must be enabled... whoops there goes my CPU) but it's already welcomed many fun new plugins into the Stripper fold
Glad it's working well
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #4393
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Although these new added features are outside of my needs/use [as best I understand] ... just wanted to confirm that previous STRIPS are loading and working correctly.

Thank-you
Thanks RJ for checking and confirming.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #4394
timbralzoom

hmmm..
Old 01-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #4395
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
hmmm..
Well - the first is to launch a file lbxstart.bat (optional for security). I like to use AutoHotKey to set up reaper and some other windows how I want (remove window borders etc). I can use Stripper to launch the AHK script via a batch file.

The second - for freezes when opening a strip - shows me how far the script has got. Might pinpoint problem plugins or chunk data.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #4396
hazysonic

Default error "please ensure you have the..."

Quote:
Please ensure you have the:

__default
SimpleFlat_48
SimpleFlat_96
SimpleFlat2_96
__Snapshot
__XY
__XYTarget
SimpleBox_9632
Switcher

files in your LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder.
You can get these files from the LBX Stripper project on github - in the LBXCS_resources zip file

Expected location of LBXCS_resources folder is: C:/Users/hazys/AppData/Roaming/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/
I carefully double-checked my install, and the resource folder structure. The files that it claims are missing are in the exact path it says they should be in. I did a search of this thread and didn't see a solution. I am on Windows 10.

Any ideas why I'm getting this message? I'm anxious to try this out!
hazysonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #4397
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazysonic View Post
I carefully double-checked my install, and the resource folder structure. The files that it claims are missing are in the exact path it says they should be in. I did a search of this thread and didn't see a solution. I am on Windows 10.

Any ideas why I'm getting this message? I'm anxious to try this out!
Can you please give me a screenshot of explorer showing the folder location. In 100% of cases so far it has been due to an error in the location of the folder.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #4398
timbralzoom

ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #4399
hazysonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Can you please give me a screenshot of explorer showing the folder location. In 100% of cases so far it has been due to an error in the location of the folder.
nm, It worked fine as soon as I moved everything from the LBX folder to the resources subfolder. I probably just mis-read the install process, but it's working now, thanks to you.
hazysonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #4400
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85
ah - ok will look into. I don't currently monitor the pitch range in the *manager* - it will update - but only if you close and reopen the manager. Prob. easy enough to add code to monitor it though...

Thanks as always

EDIT: Oooh - I like the keyboard messed up thing - haha - probably overwritten the keyboard image slot when using the control browser... oops. will fix when I have time....