Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 09-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
audioadam
Human being with feelings

Default HiDPI Mode: When will this be ready?

Any word on when the HiDPI mode functionality will be ready? I recently purchased a rather large monitor (55 inches) and the GUI is either super blurry and pixelated or super fine but way too small to work within. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
audioadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

This will take some more time, as the developer-team focuses on automated items currently, as well as finalizing the 5.50 release of Reaper.
Have you tried the option in the preferences-dialog->General->Advanced UI/system tweaks, where you can set the scaling-factor?
Maybe eperimenting with it might help you (don't have a HiDPI-monitor, so I can't check that myself).
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
audioadam

Thanks for your reply. I have tried adjusting the settings in the advanced UI section of preferences. The result is some things in the GUI are huge and others are tiny. Until this feature is fully fleshed out, I have found a very usable and clean template that I've switched to, which is customized for 4k & larger displays here:
It was posted by user "White Tie" on 1/28/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
v5.34pre releases include experimental functionality for the first steps towards Windows 8.1+ HiDPI support, and MacOS Retina support in Reaper.
Here is a rebuild of the Default 5.0 theme, for testing with that functionality.

edit: updated on Feb 15th 2017

Test with 5.34pre7 or later!

http://landoleet.org/dev/Default_5.0...ReaperThemeZip
  • Install the theme.
  • On Windows: Options > Preferences > General > Advanced UI/system tweaks > HiDPI mode. Restart REAPER.
  • Options > Themes > select Default_5.0_hidpi.

Its currently just the standard sized layouts, and has been produced for 200% scaling. Quality of appearance at other scales may or may not appear aggreeable to you. Both theme and the HiDPI functionality are very much a work in progress, but this is a good point to start testing. You'll find many things aren't correct yet, and while its probable that we know about many of them, please don't assume so; if its wrong then please do report it, there will be others

re: macOS Retina support -- note that it is only supporting Retina for the track panels, mixer, transport, toolbars, and tab controls. The arrange view and MIDI editor are still rendered at low resolution.
audioadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:40 AM   #4
ShaunTea

Hi there, i have the same problem, did you get your plugins to be upscaled as well ? Cause for now i can't use it with my 15" 4k display. Thank's !
ShaunTea is offline   Reply With Quote