Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
Billoon
Human being with feelings

Default WDM Kernel Streaming issue

Just discovered that if my MAudio Delta44 is set as the default playback device in...

Windows>control panel>sounds and audio devices>audio>sound playback:default device=MAudio Delta 44 1/2

...then WDM/KS is not available for use in REAPER, i can select it in the driver dialog but the device remains closed and pressing play does nothing. Ive got 2 soundcards and if i switch it to the other one in control panel...the WDM/KS for the Delta44 works fine. The setting doesnt affect ASIO.

Theres been a few posts about WDM drivers disappearing/not working in REAPER lately so i thought id mention this...dont know if its a bug or just that Windows is locking the WDM driver when set like this. Might also explain why i cant get ASIO4ALL to work for me, maybe.

FWIW, Im using Foobar with the KS extention...and the control panel setting isnt affecting it.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
Billoon
Human being with feelings

Got another one, not really important to me because i use ASIO(which is fine), but i put a couple of JS plugs on the Master and when you change the selected plug, theres a slight glitch, but it only happens once or twice then its fine.

Just thought id mention it.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote