Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-11-2024, 03:45 AM   #1
deev
Human being with feelings

Default Problems with Grid Lines Enabled Right Click Submenu Position

Hello,

when I right click the "Grid Lines Enabled Button" (see attached screenshot) the appearing submenu pops up onto second screen and outside the visible area (see 2nd screenshot). I know the workaround with the resizing of those windows. That helped me with other menus. But this one is not resizeable. When I click everywhere in the menu it stays there. When I click outside, the window closes instantly.
The menu is not a windows application that is moveable via taskbar option. Different screen resolution attempts didnīt fix it. The menu is locked in place.

Is there an option somewhere to reset the menu positions? I donīt want a complete reset or a reinstall because I got a lot of custom preferences I donīt want to loose. Additionally I donīt think itīs a good solution to reinstall everytime, I switch between home and Reh. Room.

Please help, this is annoying and I canīt use option above the non visible area.

Possible error source:

I use Reaper on my laptop at home and in the rehearsal room. There is a different monitor setup with different screen resolution. Maybe the switch between different monitor setups could be the reason.

Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-06-11 123629.png (8.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3521.jpg (113.8 KB, 31 views)
deev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 05:38 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

I don't know how it got that way, but you should be able to fix it: from the Options menu, choose "Show REAPER resource path...". Make sure the grid settings dialog is closed, and open the file reaper-wndpos.ini in a text editor. Look for an entry like "snapdlg=123 456". Either delete that entry, or set the X,Y coordinates to something reasonable.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote