Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-28-2024, 04:52 PM   #1
nsurround
Human being with feelings

Default As far as tested no out of the box presonus faderport 8 control of reaper.

I have now tested a number of control options to control Reaper via the Presonus Faderport 8 control surface. IMO non of them work well enough to actually use. There are fairly big operating issues with all of them. In most cases you can get the basic faders to work and some navigation. But other than that its hit or miss, mostly miss. If someone out there knows of an option that actually works well for the most part, please let me know. Have tried the HUI, CSI, Reasonus and a few others but none really interface well enough to actually use (at least for me). The CSI option has promise but you have to really dig into the code and protocols in order to customize as may be wanted. Maybe others can chime in here with more information etc.
nsurround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:59 AM   #2
inertia
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsurround View Post
I have now tested a number of control options to control Reaper via the Presonus Faderport 8 control surface. IMO non of them work well enough to actually use. There are fairly big operating issues with all of them. In most cases you can get the basic faders to work and some navigation. But other than that its hit or miss, mostly miss. If someone out there knows of an option that actually works well for the most part, please let me know. Have tried the HUI, CSI, Reasonus and a few others but none really interface well enough to actually use (at least for me). The CSI option has promise but you have to really dig into the code and protocols in order to customize as may be wanted. Maybe others can chime in here with more information etc.
I have a native driver I wrote that works for the Fp8 much like it would in PreSonus Studio One. I can give it to you if you want but its been a while since i worked on it and I dont offer much support. There is a working build in my signature.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....ight=faderport
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote