Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 07-05-2023, 09:04 AM   #281
MonkeyBars
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimtok View Post
Can I superglue items X, and Y, and then later add item Z to make item XYZ?
You can follow these steps and nest Superitems, but I would not name them that way, but rather thusly:
  1. Superglue items A and B which become Superitem C.
  2. Superglue Superitem C to item D, which becomes Superitem E.
Ungluing or Editing Superitem E will reveal Superitem C and item D. You can Edit Superitem C from there if desired. There is no limit to nesting Superitems – but be careful not to get confused.

Quote:
Is it possible to iterate over contained items and select them programmatically, eg. I glue together a set of midi items and then I want to insert midi notes into one of the glued items later?
First off, gluing MIDI items is currently only supported with VIs, and they are rendered into audio in the resulting Superitem. (Full MIDI support is planned for the future.) But you can Edit a Superitem with Contained MIDI Items inside, change the MIDI data in those items, and reglue no problem.

What do you mean by programatically? Using a script to change MIDI data doesn't look any different to Reaper than doing it by hand, so yeah it's supported, if I understand your question correctly.
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:04 AM   #282
AZpercussion

Hi, MonkeyBars!

So, I finally got my hands on making a toolbar with SG options.
And I noticed that toolbar buttons lose their status on Reaper restart.
It's just because of script have to be run to transmit it's state to Reaper.

So I see simple workaround - to create a script that can be plased in autorun. So that this script will just run all options scripts twice to make them working.

In ideal - to inculude automatically this script in "__startup.lua" file.
AZpercussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 07:04 AM   #283
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZpercussion View Post
create a script that can be plased in autorun. So that this script will just run all options scripts twice to make them working.

In ideal - to inculude automatically this script in "__startup.lua" file.
Great tip, thanks AZ!

Do you think it's a bug that scripts don't retain their state on Reaper start? Are you aware of this having been discussed on the forum at some point?
Old 07-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #284
AZpercussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
Do you think it's a bug that scripts don't retain their state on Reaper start? Are you aware of this having been discussed on the forum at some point?
I think it's not a bug, just unimplemented feature.

It's not such simple as it may looks, because if a script is stored as "on" it should be working on Reaper start, we can run it, but we can't guarantee that we've not lost any data.
It's really a feature to store all data of working scripts and run them as they was.

I don't know if it was dicussed on forum.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:10 PM   #285
MonkeyBars

Quote:
It's really a feature to store all data of working scripts and run them as they was.
Yeah this is an incredibly powerful featureset of ReaScript. In fact I got schwa to fix the API so that we devs can store data in the project so that the data's state follows along with the undo data (by saving the data in the master track) specifically for Superglue.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:54 AM   #286
AZpercussion

Hmm, can't understand how this has to do with undo.
And you already can store data in master track. Or you asked about not only text format?
Old 07-07-2023, 09:37 AM   #287
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Hmm, can't understand how this has to do with undo.
Well, Superglue's data must follow along with the undo history or it will be totally out of sync with the user's actions.

Quote:
And you already can store data in master track. Or you asked about not only text format?
Actually, storing data in the Master Track was broken until schwa fixed it at my request for v6.43.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #288
AZpercussion

Ah, I got it!
Old 08-07-2023, 10:46 AM   #289
HighVoltage

Loving this script.

But every time i try to edit an item that has been created by "Pool" from a Glued item that has been moved around, the original items are always outside the Glue region, usually where they were originally before the pooling.

steps to rereate:

1. Create a Glued item
2. Drag a copy of it further away
3. Run "Pool - Remove selected Superitem from current Pool & create new Pool for it" on the new item
4. Edit / Unglue new item

the contents will be outside the Glue region (by an offset that was the original space between the items when the Pool command was run)
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:32 PM   #290
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
But every time i try to edit an item that has been created by "Pool" from a Glued item that has been moved around, the original items are always outside the Glue region, usually where they were originally before the pooling.
Thanks for the bug report! Bug confirmed here. Will fix it for the next version, which is the 2.0 upgrade. It's a large project that's still underway.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:53 PM   #291
Bawb

Hi Great script,I stumbled upon a youtube video where someone was demoing all the functionality of duplicating glued items with different time selections etc, does anyone have that? I can't find it.
Bawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 03:42 AM   #292
Reflected

I wish there was a native items container.
using workaround for something like this with glue and other things seem to be trouble :X
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:29 AM   #293
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
I wish there was a native items container.
using workaround for something like this with glue and other things seem to be trouble :X
Glue and other things? What's the trouble (other than the outstanding bugs, which I'm working on...)
Old 09-19-2023, 05:22 PM   #294
MonkeyBars

Quick update: still working on the last features of v2.0. Superglue has really grown in complexity and I'm thinking in order to test regression properly, I might need to create a full test suite in order to come at the QA in an organized fashion before release.

If any experienced coders see this, feel free to point me to some resources for ReaScript testing. It's surely too late to implement TDD or anything. I'm just talking about some scripts to run a gamut of tests.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:24 PM   #295
Raaphorst

When you glue an unglue a few times you are creating lots of files in the pool. If you then clean the project directory you cannot unglue the items. Any ideas how to keep the project directory tidy?

Marco Raaphorst
Raaphorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 02:50 PM   #296
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaphorst View Post
When you glue an unglue a few times you are creating lots of files in the pool. If you then clean the project directory you cannot unglue the items. Any ideas how to keep the project directory tidy?
The Clean Current Project Directory action supplies a popup for you to select the "unused" files in your project. Deselect all the ones you still need.

If you're not sure which ones, I don't recommend cleaning your project directory. Superglue isn't meant to be used in projects with very limited space – the complexities involved in file management just aren't worth it. Better to buy another hard drive or something.

If you don't care about maintaining your project's undo history states, when Superglue 2.0 drops you'll be able to select the option to retain only the latest Superglue source media which will cut down on old Superglue render files.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:57 PM   #297
Raaphorst

Quote:
The Clean Current Project Directory action supplies a popup for you to select the "unused" files in your project. Deselect all the ones you still need.

If you're not sure which ones, I don't recommend cleaning your project directory. Superglue isn't meant to be used in projects with very limited space – the complexities involved in file management just aren't worth it. Better to buy another hard drive or something.

If you don't care about maintaining your project's undo history states, when Superglue 2.0 drops you'll be able to select the option to retain only the latest Superglue source media which will cut down on old Superglue render files.
Thanks, makes sense. Although "retain only the latest Superglue source media" makes sense too

Marco Raaphorst
Raaphorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:23 PM   #298
mafgar

Wow this looks incredible. I kinda skimmed the thread and am unclear if multitrack is supported now?
mafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 09:36 AM   #299
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafgar View Post
Wow this looks incredible. I kinda skimmed the thread and am unclear if multitrack is supported now?
Not yet! This (and multiitem) will launch in v2.0, which I'm still working on. It's a significant upgrade that will defintely take some more time considering the amount of testing that will be necessary after I wrap up the last feature and fix 2 outstanding (known live) bugs.

But really, multitrack just cycles through the items in order of first to last on each track top to bottom.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:29 AM   #300
Soul Ryder

Default Bit Depth

Hey everyone, I'm really digging this script!

Just wondering how to change the bit depth when consolidating items, as it defaults to 16 bit.
Soul Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 07:57 AM   #301
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Ryder View Post
Hey everyone, I'm really digging this script!
Thank you

Quote:
Just wondering how to change the bit depth when consolidating items, as it defaults to 16 bit.
Superglue does not define bit depth; it uses native glue at its heart. Settings for glue (render etc.) are configured per project in Project Settings > Media > Recording > Format for Apply FX, Glue, Freeze, etc.

Yes, that means all your glues for that project are 16-bit if Superglue is giving you 16-bit Superitem sources.

Last edited by MonkeyBars; 11-18-2023 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2023, 08:32 AM   #302
Soul Ryder

Awesome, thanks for the quick response!!
Soul Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:42 AM   #303
alphoc

Frankly, the glue options are unnecessary, it should be simpler. It can't be useful. Oddly enough, it doesn't work either.
alphoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #304
Subz

Very useful!

Thank you!
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 02:46 PM   #305
PMan

Thanks for the amazing and useful scripts!

And

Happy Holidays - to everyone!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 11:20 AM   #306
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
Frankly, the glue options are unnecessary, it should be simpler. It can't be useful. Oddly enough, it doesn't work either.
If you encountered a specific issue, I'd be happy to help. But this message isn't actionable as is.

Quote:
Very useful!

Thank you!
Quote:
Thanks for the amazing and useful scripts!

And

Happy Holidays - to everyone!
You're very welcome! Happy new year!
Old 01-03-2024, 11:28 AM   #307
HighVoltage

Quote:
If you encountered a specific issue, I'd be happy to help. But this message isn't actionable as is.

You're very welcome! Happy new year!
Is there any news on the update?
That unpooling bug just completely breaks my workflow.
Old 01-03-2024, 11:55 AM   #308
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Is there any news on the update?
That unpooling bug just completely breaks my workflow.
Working on it, it's huge!

What unpooling bug? Is it listed here? https://github.com/MonkeyBars3k/ReaScripts/projects/1
Old 01-03-2024, 02:54 PM   #309
HighVoltage

Quote:
Working on it, it's huge!

What unpooling bug? Is it listed here? https://github.com/MonkeyBars3k/ReaScripts/projects/1
It is, seems to be in the to-do section:
https://github.com/MonkeyBars3k/ReaScripts/issues/361

Though this problem arises much more, and i don't even have to create a new pool.

Basically i used Superglue in my last 6-8 projects, and in every single project the gluing breaks after a very short while.
Just moving / copying pooled items and unpooling, and suddenly the items are not in the pool region. But i don't know when or where it breaks, but probalby the other fix will solve this.

Last edited by HighVoltage; 01-03-2024 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:26 PM   #310
MonkeyBars

Agreed that is a critical bug. It will definitely be fixed for 2.0 – as you can see it's at the top position. I am working on it as much as my schedule allows, which will be a bit more in 2024.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:08 AM   #311
RobinGShore

Just started using this script recently and it's great! I'm wondering if it would be possible to add support for copying super items across different projects. As of now if I have multiple project tabs open and I copy a super item from one to the other I get an error message if I try to unglue or edit the item in the new project.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 02:31 PM   #312
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Just started using this script recently and it's great! I'm wondering if it would be possible to add support for copying super items across different projects. As of now if I have multiple project tabs open and I copy a super item from one to the other I get an error message if I try to unglue or edit the item in the new project.
https://github.com/MonkeyBars3k/ReaScripts/issues/286

2.0 upgrade is in process now