Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-06-2021, 01:04 AM   #1
Jimbob505
Human being with feelings

Default Volca Drum - Midi sequencing problem in reaper

Hi, I'm fairly new to reaper. I previously used Ableton and studio one. Whilst I can sync volca drum to start/stop in sync with reaper I still cant sequence in reaper. How do I set up the track/s to do this. I've tried every possible in/out combination - no doubt ive missed something. Do I need two tracks i.e. one for midi & one for audio? I can get audio from my volca into reaper but as I say cannot sequence within reaper using either the midi editor or megababy. I realise that I need to use keys C3-A3. I've tried both single channel midi mode and 6 channel midi mode on my volca drum both with no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I hope I have posted this in the right forum section
Jimbob505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
b2001

My personal preference is to put midi on one track and audio on another track when doing something like what you are doing.

Is the default midi channel on the reaper track the same as what the volca drum is expecting?

I have a volca drum and would set it up to help you but i am moving halfway across the US and everything is packed right now...
b2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:23 AM   #3
Jimbob505

Thanks for responding. I have now managed to get it working vis-a-vis megababy using it as an input effect but still cant use the midi editor to sequence beats on Volca Drum.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
b2001

What is your midi device?
I assume you have set up routing to output to this device on your midi track?
If you sequence in reaper and play it is it getting to the midi device? My midisport has a light that flashes when it receives midi.

Sorry, you might be past this but trying to isolate the issue for my understanding.

I know it is a ways off but i will be at my new location sometime in august and will try this out if no one else responds; i am interested in knowing how to do it also...
b2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:54 AM   #5
Jimbob505

Default Problem Solved

Not sure what I was doing wrong before but now when I play back what I have recorded through megababy - It actually works and I can hear the Volca Drum. I can also edit in midi editor so all good. Thanks for your response anyway. Will be sure to save it as a track template to prevent any future problems.