Old 01-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
mstearnsa
Human being with feelings

Default No Sound, interesting twist

So recently I was trying to master my exported tracks, everything was running perfectly, and all of a sudden all of my tracks went quiet. So I looked into what happened and my master bus muted itself. So, I figured that it was the emergency cutoff (but I wasn't actually peaking) and continued on with my day. Fast forward to today (a couple days later) one of the songs that I had been mastering's original project file is completely quiet.

The master bus is not muted, I've tried power cycling everything, pressing the master mute button on and off again, but nothing works. I'm not hitting the emergency cutoff, because the entire tracks volume peaks at -5 dB. The weirdest part is that I can access and hear every other project file, and i can also copy and paste all of the tracks from this file to another and hear it (completely unmixed with no effects) and I can render the original file no problem, I just can't hear it in Reaper.

This track uses midi and recorded elements, and is fairly similar to all of my other tracks in terms of effects and mixing style. The driver hasn't changed at all, and I'm currently using a focusrite scarlett.

Please help
mstearnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsa View Post
So recently I was trying to master my exported tracks, everything was running perfectly, and all of a sudden all of my tracks went quiet. So I looked into what happened and my master bus muted itself. So, I figured that it was the emergency cutoff (but I wasn't actually peaking) and continued on with my day. Fast forward to today (a couple days later) one of the songs that I had been mastering's original project file is completely quiet.

The master bus is not muted, I've tried power cycling everything, pressing the master mute button on and off again, but nothing works. I'm not hitting the emergency cutoff, because the entire tracks volume peaks at -5 dB. The weirdest part is that I can access and hear every other project file, and i can also copy and paste all of the tracks from this file to another and hear it (completely unmixed with no effects) and I can render the original file no problem, I just can't hear it in Reaper.

This track uses midi and recorded elements, and is fairly similar to all of my other tracks in terms of effects and mixing style. The driver hasn't changed at all, and I'm currently using a focusrite scarlett.

Please help
Hi
Your master bus is not muted but maybe you have some automation muting the track. Does the mute button light up when you play back?
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
mstearnsa

I do not have any automation or effects currently on the master, only on individual tracks (and definitely not on all of them). What mute button are you talking about?
mstearnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
Garrick

Sorry mate I'm wrong then, I thought you might have accidentally recorded mute automation on to the master bus
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
dub.matze

maybe you muted the output, not the master itself.

and check the Monitoring FX chain.
Attached Images
File Type: png mastermute.png (27.5 KB, 78 views)
dub.matze is offline   Reply With Quote