Old 12-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #81
Giano
Banned

One of the best fx plugins, the more I tweak and Experiment the more I like it, you can make very interesting and experimental stuff by using two or three instances of REplika on one track with different settings/presets or in combination with Readelay. Still can not believe, it is free.

https://soundcloud.com/giano-riff
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #82
CraigD
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the heads up, works great on my system, 64 bit windows 8.1.

Last edited by CraigD; 12-24-2014 at 06:54 AM.
CraigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #83
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Hmmm.. It does here. I just tweaked the delay time and the pitch changed and continued at the new pitch for the duration of the delays.
EDIT - It needs to be in Vintage Digital mode for the delay time to adjust pitch. Seems this mode is where all the 'mojo' is.

It does indeed do that. I just set up a patch using 'vintage digital' and no modulation and cranked the feedback to max and got infinite delays with the classic added dirt and grit increasing on each repeat.

To be honest, and not at all to be argumentative (this point is subjective after all), I really like the phasing and filter modulations. The diffusion is nice but isn't anything I can't get with my Valhalla collection. It is nice to have it in the one plugin with the filters and phaser though.

I've been a big fan of NastyDLA for ages now and really like what it does. The more time I spend with Replika though, the more I like it. Perhaps it is just a matter of more time and more tweaking Karbo.
Well I'm glad I added my "only tested for 5 minutes" disclaimer. I'll try again... I pretty much have what I mistakenly complained about in other delays but keeping this one anyway due to the fact that I can't seem to have enough delays.

Since you tested more closely, how much is it like an actual analog delay with infinite runaway feedback and changing the time? I rarely find any that truly do a great job at it... being that I have a real one in the floor beside me that I can compare it to. One of the original delays in Logic (for PC) did this wonderfully and have missed it ever since though some I have are better these days.

I'm still really partial to the to the two TalDub delays so just curious. I really wish I still had my original DeltaLab "Effectron"

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-24-2014 at 10:58 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #84
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
but so many people are seeing Replika crash REAPER once, and then work perfectly well after that....
For me when I first tried to load Replika, it crashed Reaper and wiped out my ASIO drivers. I ended up having to reboot and got my drivers back, and also was able to load Replika without a porblem.

Rather strange behavior..
Old 12-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #85
SmajjL

Maby run two\three Replicas etc to get twize\tripple the problem speed to make things more obvious and quicker (proof), and touch the GUI like a crazy monkey, what?.. nm..

Also, thank you Tod for sharing your drums.
Google drive, here i come!
Thanks >*
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #86
SmajjL

Question: Since i am new to NI and stuff, may i ask how is the weather over at their bugfix department then?
Since Cockos have spoiled me silly and all is relative in my mind, i might panic, and i dont want that so.. (ohh drama)
Beautiful upgrades and addons does not count as a bugfix..
Ps, serious question btw, but without the seriousness.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #87
karbomusic

Default I'll try again...

And I did...

http://wallsonic.com/public/music/De...ts/OhmBoyz.mp3

http://wallsonic.com/public/music/De...s/ReaDelay.mp3

http://wallsonic.com/public/music/De...ts/Replika.mp3

http://wallsonic.com/public/music/DelayTests/MXR.mp3

Quickly did whatever was necessary to pseudo replicate similar elements with different ones. Replika held up well.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #88
SmajjL

lol Wow, karb, you are such a nerd, good!
Nice to hear that it is even holding up ok vs your gear that is way out of my wallet, i think?
This thing is for me my new fav and both for delay and "reverb" and, fun.
This one just dont bother my ears one bit put it like that and i swear it is not the graphics, lol

Note, as an "Effect", this is a clear choice for me, as a mastering technique thing and judged with measurement tools and demands from another planet, well, i would haveto respect you guys expertise on that.
I was nooot sarcastic, i am very interested in stuff like that, a c t u a l l y, so i am ease dropping on your convo here.
Amazes me how much there is to know about >digital<home producing, in my case, not complaining.
Anyway, so thats why i even bother asking about if NI likes breakdancers or not.

Edit: or i get accused for spam or something.

Fault Module Name: Replika.dll on stable Reaper, and like ten random times per day is my limit.
Sorry, off you go until you get repaired sweetie.

Last edited by SmajjL; 12-25-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #89
ReaDave

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #90
SmajjL

Doh* he didnt? .. and my eyes are not even blue.
I blame insomnia. :P

Ps, Replica sounded great anywho.

Last edited by SmajjL; 12-25-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #91
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post

Ps, Replica sounded great anywho.
I thought it did fine, a "little" digital sounding but fine job compared to the others, MXR.mp3 was an actual hardware analog delay from the 80s FYI. In other words, what the VSTs were trying to "replicate".
Old 12-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #92
SmajjL

And I abit more then fine.
I did not know this was another emulation of hardware, not that it matters to me more then i have hardware to thank for the inspiration then, love the results.
But, this thing seems to have a full package of everything, not just delay and it is to me very userfriendly and, does not take up three monitors in space.
I must admit, i took this unit as a verb diffusion thing first, delay as a bonus, go figure.
For what its worth, oldschool hardware is sexy.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #93
karbomusic

Quote:
I did not know this was another emulation of hardware
The type of delay sound I was performing above was because it was a neat feature (though not originally considered a feature) of older hardware. I tend to use that creatively and when everything went digital, the ability to do that easily sort of became a little more rare. Thusly, every time I see a new delay VST I like to see how it does at that.

In the ReaDelay test for example, it has none of those features, I had to use ReaDelay and several other effects to get close. I need to add a few such as Nomad Factory's "Echoes" and FabFilter's "Timeless". I really, really like Nomad Factory for the effect I was demonstrating. It is an outstanding and underrated delay. If I had to pick only one, it's possible Echoes would be near or at the top of the list.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #94
Giano
Banned

Inspired by Replika ! Just love that plugin :-)

https://soundcloud.com/giano-riff/dancewithreplika
Old 12-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #95
kindafishy

Finally just got some time to spend with Replika and I must say that I really, really enjoy this plugin. It is a wonderful sounding delay unit that will definitely find it's way into my mixes. Actually, it will very likely become my #1 delay. I've been using Readelay and Nasty DLA up until this point.

I also spent a very significant amount of time over the last couple days auditioning several transient designer plugins on all kinds of material and tracks (yay for vacation time from work). The NI Transient Master came out on top for me in a shootout between SPL Transient Designer, NI Transient Master, Stillwell Transient Monster, Flux Bittersweet, Schaack Transient Shaper, Sleepy Time Transient and Duende Drumstrip. Other than the free ones, the only one of those I currently own is the Duende plugin (and now the NI plugin of course).

The voucher offer can be used on Transient Master until the 31st (along with the offer for the free delay plugin).
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #96
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Finally just got some time to spend with Replika and I must say that I really, really enjoy this plugin. It is a wonderful sounding delay unit that will definitely find it's way into my mixes. Actually, it will very likely become my #1 delay. I've been using Readelay and Nasty DLA up until this point.

I also spent a very significant amount of time over the last couple days auditioning several transient designer plugins on all kinds of material and tracks (yay for vacation time from work). The NI Transient Master came out on top for me in a shootout between SPL Transient Designer, NI Transient Master, Stillwell Transient Monster, Flux Bittersweet, Schaack Transient Shaper, Sleepy Time Transient and Duende Drumstrip. Other than the free ones, the only one of those I currently own is the Duende plugin (and now the NI plugin of course).

The voucher offer can be used on Transient Master until the 31st (along with the offer for the free delay plugin).
I like a few for different uses...But a few more to try that I like are the Eareckon and LVC audio.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #97
kindafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
I like a few for different uses...But a few more to try that I like are the Eareckon and LVC audio.
I like a few of those for different uses too, definitely! However on the "different uses" front, I found that NI could do everything all the other plugs could do but the inverse was not true, so that was one of the reasons it came out on top for me. At least on my material and to my ears, there were no single tests where NI "lost" to another plugin.

I was quite literally just about to purchase, but I will go give those other two an honest shot now. My tests involved kick, snare, drum bus, individual guitars (both clean and distorted), guitar bus and bass. I'll put these ones through the paces as well. Thanks Rich (or damn you, Rich - depends how it goes )!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #98
richie43

Quote:
Thanks Rich (or damn you, Rich - depends how it goes )!
Probably the latter..... I regularly use 3-4 different transient plugins, and that's after culling out the lesser used plugins....Yikes. But I do work with a huge variety of music, ranging from reggae, funk, African to rock, experimental, noise to pop..... Good luck! And you're welcome/I am sorry, whichever applies.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #99
kindafishy

Quote:
Probably the latter..... I regularly use 3-4 different transient plugins, and that's after culling out the lesser used plugins....Yikes. But I do work with a huge variety of music, ranging from reggae, funk, African to rock, experimental, noise to pop..... Good luck! And you're welcome/I am sorry, whichever applies.
Uh oh...

I'm going to have to sleep on this one and spend some more time tomorrow experimenting because as much as NI came out on top in my experiments over the last couple days, The eaReckon TransReckon is doin' it for me like you wouldn't believe. It sounds every bit as good as the NI, but has wonderful additional features like the ability to listen, detection sensitivity settings and separate length controls for release and attack. None of these controls add complexity though. They are all simple and intuitive. It can pretty much match everything the NI does on drums (the one exception is that on extreme release settings on the drum bus, the NI seems to be just a little bit smoother but this is not a deal breaker), but additionally, I prefer how TransReckon works with other material like bass and guitars.

I might be changing my mind and going with eaReckon (sorry NI ). Need to give my ears a rest and come back, but I think this thing might be the king.

I didn't like the LVC plugin at all. Neither the attack nor the release sound like I expect a transient designer to sound. I am guessing that it is great for other purposes, but for the transient design I am looking for, it's not in the running.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #100
richie43

Quote:
Uh oh...
Yup.....
Bwahahaha....
After I posted before, I realized that the LVC was obviously not what you were looking for, but I left it anyway. It's super useful for various "tone-crunching" things...
But I am glad that the eareckon plugin caught your ear. That one surprised me as well.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:22 AM   #101
SmajjL

The 32bit version of Replika have been behaving in Reaper 32bit i must say, wierd.
And i was suppose to go All 64bit..
I will try 64 again and nothing is stopping me from having both i guess ( c ) portable, so it shall be done.

Ps. Karb, i understand where you are coming from about that you have an special ear/mind and "relationship" with some gear since you have been up close and personal with them.
Even seen the inside of them and maby experimented yourself with the elektronics and understand the 'whys & hows'.

Stuff like that is a good experience to have and will not go to waste anytime soon and i think i am abit jelaus not to have a reference like that myself so i also could raise my own pickyness-bar.
Thanks for the VST recomendation, i will try them if they are demo'able because, you make me curious, your fault.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #102
novaburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
This is very interesting, never thought a echo (delay) could be used in such a creative manner,

I am more of a midi software user but it makes me want to get back into my bass guitar and start doing some real instrument recording

I think I have been spoiled by the many different types of midi bases in our software world.
novaburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #103
kindafishy

Quote:
Yup.....
Bwahahaha....
After I posted before, I realized that the LVC was obviously not what you were looking for, but I left it anyway. It's super useful for various "tone-crunching" things...
But I am glad that the eareckon plugin caught your ear. That one surprised me as well.
I have to thank you (again), Rich. I ended up purchasing eaReckon TransReckon. It is fantastic. Top of the food chain as far as transient designers go in my opinion and for how I like to work. It has already made a big difference in a mix I am currently working on. Got a troublesome guitar to sit perfectly with the vocals. It was just a tiny bit pricier than the NI Transient Master (when considering the coupon - it is normally a tiny bit less expensive), but the flexibility and the sound quality are just fantastic. I can say that I would have been happy with the NI plugin, but the eaReckon is better (again, IMO).

Next time I am looking for a plugin, I will ask you before searching. It would have saved me a lot of time just to "buy whatever Rich tells me to buy".
Old 12-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #104
richie43

Quote:
Next time I am looking for a plugin, I will ask you before searching. It would have saved me a lot of time just to "buy whatever Rich tells me to buy".
Aw....shucks, I am honored.
Not to frustrate you though...... I bought the NI Transient Master with my coupon.... I still like the Eareckon one better, but because I like variety, I went ahead and got the NI plugin to add to my arsenal...ha ha.
By the way, Eareckon is sort of an "under the radar" company for me (for the rare non-Nebula needs I have). They have some great stuff. I use the Reverb from time to time, not exactly my "go-to", but when it's right, it's the only right.
Cheers.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #105
kindafishy

Quote:
Aw....shucks, I am honored.
Not to frustrate you though...... I bought the NI Transient Master with my coupon.... I still like the Eareckon one better, but because I like variety, I went ahead and got the NI plugin to add to my arsenal...ha ha.
By the way, Eareckon is sort of an "under the radar" company for me (for the rare non-Nebula needs I have). They have some great stuff. I use the Reverb from time to time, not exactly my "go-to", but when it's right, it's the only right.
Cheers.
Ha ha! Well, it's an awesome plugin too. I was "this" close to buying it. I very literally had it in my cart when I saw your earlier post. Check out the extreme upper release settings on a drum bus. It really increases the sustain in a smooth, very natural way. That's the only area of my limited tests where I felt it "beat out" TransReckon. No plugin does it all of course. I was looking for my first general-purpose-all-around-spectacular transient designer and I am confident I found it, thanks to you. If I ever feel that transient design in the answer to something I am working on and TransReckon isn't getting me there, I'll definitely try out the NI plug for that particular need. I won't hesitate to pick it up if it's what the track needs.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #106
Serenitynow

Thanks for the MP3s Readave!! Why does Readelay have that hiss sound after the original sound? The others don't.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #107
JHughes

The eaReckon demo video is very impressive.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #108
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
The eaReckon demo video is very impressive.
That's a very different animal indeed. It's more like a rhythm "instrument" in some ways, as well as a "normal" delay plugin.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #109
JHughes

Oops, sorry for the confusion, I listened to the TransReckon demo, haven't tried the delay yet.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #110
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
Oops, sorry for the confusion, I listened to the TransReckon demo, haven't tried the delay yet.
Oops from me too..... I totally missed how I went way off topic about Transreckon a few days ago.....Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #111
kindafishy

Quote:
Oops from me too..... I totally missed how I went way off topic about Transreckon a few days ago.....Happy New Year!
Honeymoon is still on. Some crunchy rhythm guitars that just weren't cutting through well enough. A few seconds of fiddling with TransReckon on listen mode to isolate the transients, then 20% increase on the attack and they cut through perfectly. Sorry about your thread, NI, lol... eaReckon FTW!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #112
ReaperMadness

Replika 1.2.1 update to fix crashy, buggy behavior just made available.

I just downloaded. So far, so good.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #113
Giano
Banned

64 bit Version does not show up, only 32 bit ? Checked the Folders, it´s in approprate 32 and 64 bit Folder, but only 32 bit Version can be selected in Reaper ! ?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #114
gibi25

Installed the new replika version.
Install is fine.
But when starting reaper, the vst scan never ends.
Win seven 64, reaper 4.76.
It's time for me to give up on this.
gibi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #115
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibi25 View Post
Installed the new replika version.
Install is fine.
But when starting reaper, the vst scan never ends.
Win seven 64, reaper 4.76.
It's time for me to give up on this.

Same set up as you it took about 30 seconds to scan vst after Replika update after that projects open as per normal. So no problem at all this end. Not saying you do not have a problem but not showing on my set up.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #116
ReaperMadness

Wellllll.... it's working a lot better, now. At least I can use it.

But hey, don't try to "Dock FX window in Docker." At least I shouldn't attempt that. Because it causes an "App Hang" ev'ry time.

I guess they need to keep working on it.

Win 7 64 bit
REAPER 4.731 64 bit

EDIT: Forget all the above. This thing is starting to cause freeze-ups whenever I try to close the damned fx window, too.

FI!

I just took it out of my VST folder. What a waste of time.

Hey, NI. GYST.

Last edited by ReaperMadness; 01-23-2015 at 03:11 PM.
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote