Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #921
FOLKDISCO
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoc View Post
Is it possible to add more scenes? or is the absolute max 8?
Thanks
Don't worry!
You can right click and insert groups right or left.
You can right click and insert scenes above or below.
Can't see a "duplicate scene" option, which is a bit of a pity.
Don't know what the absolute maximums are here, but I suspect it's way beyond what would be downright silly.
Just made a 31 group x 43 scenes grid, 1333 clips on screen, and yeah, it's getting beyond silly!
FOLKDISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #922
dinoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOLKDISCO View Post
Don't worry!
You can right click and insert groups right or left.
You can right click and insert scenes above or below.
Can't see a "duplicate scene" option, which is a bit of a pity.
Don't know what the absolute maximums are here, but I suspect it's way beyond what would be downright silly.
Just made a 31 group x 43 scenes grid, 1333 clips on screen, and yeah, it's getting beyond silly!
Thanks a Mill Folkdisco! I was clicking on the wrong place apparently!
Nice, I just added a bunch of ezdrummer midi loops to easily choose from, as well asrecorded a bunch of short audio loops.
This rules for this addon Helgoboss!
dinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #923
dinoc

Default Launch buttons (launchpad as smartphone app alternative) working great!

Just wanted to share that since the launchpad control surface is compatible with Playtime, so is the app "Launch Buttons" which emulates the launchpad surface in a smartphone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launchbuttonsF
I've tested it on android only and works pretty darn well.
Cheers
Gevi
dinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #924
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Dear REAPER users,

for those of you who want a Session View à la Ableton Live in REAPER: Now there is one. It's called Playtime. Technically, it's a VST instrument that makes heavy use of REAPER's awesome extension API.

Playtime is available here. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Would appreciate any feedback

Cheers
Ben

Is there anyway to tell Playtime to start somewhere other than the project end? I have sidechain ghost items set up for a project length, so playtime always starts printing after these, which is undesired...
talustalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:35 AM   #925
hits_of_sunshine

Then you can add a track and trigger the sidechain looped clip before praying other clips.
hits_of_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:28 AM   #926
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hits_of_sunshine View Post
Then you can add a track and trigger the sidechain looped clip before praying other clips.
That's a great idea. I'm going to go work that out now.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #927
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Dear REAPER users,

for those of you who want a Session View à la Ableton Live in REAPER: Now there is one. It's called Playtime. Technically, it's a VST instrument that makes heavy use of REAPER's awesome extension API.

Playtime is available here. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Would appreciate any feedback

Cheers
Ben

I'm really enjoying Playtime. It is genius!

However, it only starts playing/writing one measure after the project end. Then each subsequent writing or playing pass it will again skip one measure instead of picking up from the actual project end. Is there a setting that is conflicting this?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #928
jprykiel

Hi Ben.
I know you were already contacted by some blind users using Reaper with screen readers on Mac or PC.
Like others, I would gladly buy playtime if it was accessible. Unfortunately, I don't have enough skills in computer science to tell you what to do, but I hope you're working on it.
Please keep me posted.,
Cheers.
jprykiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #929
Ozman

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
I'm really enjoying Playtime. It is genius!

However, it only starts playing/writing one measure after the project end. Then each subsequent writing or playing pass it will again skip one measure instead of picking up from the actual project end. Is there a setting that is conflicting this?
I believe there is a setting that allows to not jump to the end of the project. It allows you to play along with the arrangement.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #930
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
I believe there is a setting that allows to not jump to the end of the project. It allows you to play along with the arrangement.
Hi, thanks yes I believe I know about that setting. But I DO want it to go to the end of the project. The thing I don't understand is why it skips a gap of one measure before jumping to the "end" - which is one measure later than where the last item edge ends.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #931
David Carlyon

As soon as the mac version is here, i will buy immediately.
Does Jurgen Moss know about this? Sure he could work some magic Push2 integration!! So exciting.
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #932
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
As soon as the mac version is here, i will buy immediately.
Does Jurgen Moss know about this? Sure he could work some magic Push2 integration!! So exciting.
Mac version already exists. I'm on mac.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #933
TVbene

Hey, I'm building my own jamming room with reaper where Playtime is used for the possibility to do live looping and I really love this plugin!

I included several midi instruments and it used to work like a charm, but I changed my setup so that I have a dedicated track for each (hardware) midi instrument. The midi is then sent to the tracks with the vst instruments, these are the tracks that I assigned to the group slots in Playtime. This way I can easily send multiple midi instruments to the same tracks on different midi channels. This helps me to stay within the 8 track limit of my launchpad, among other things.

But Playtime doesn't seem to see the midi input. When I record via Playtime nothing happens on these midi tracks. When I use the reaper record button the midi gets recorded, though.
Any idea why this happens and how I could solve it? I attached my project, maybe someone finds the time to check it. I would be very grateful!
Attached Files
File Type: zip looperloop.zip (554.2 KB, 5 views)
TVbene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #934
_jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbene View Post
Any idea why this happens and how I could solve it? I attached my project, maybe someone finds the time to check it. I would be very grateful!
Instead of Input: None on those tracks, try switching it to Input: MIDI on some device that isn't going to get in the way. For some reason that seems to allow Playtime MIDI looping to kick in.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #935
TVbene

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jon View Post
Instead of Input: None on those tracks, try switching it to Input: MIDI on some device that isn't going to get in the way. For some reason that seems to allow Playtime MIDI looping to kick in.
Thanks a lot! I had to combine that with record input force MIDI, but now it does work.
TVbene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:38 AM   #936
David Carlyon

Is anyone using this with Push 2? I only just took it off the desk to clear some space...but i miss it already.
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote