Old 01-05-2005, 04:33 AM   #1
jdhchang
Human being with feelings

Default Strange problem...

I have windows xp. When I plug in my guitar to the micorphone port, I can hear the guitar through my computer speakers. However, when I run Jesusonic, I still hear the same amplification without any changes implemented through Jesusonics. Help! What am I doing wrong?
jdhchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
MrFoo

You want to open up the sound panel (either double click on the yellow speaker in the taskbar, or run sndvol32.exe (IIRC)), and Mute the microphone, then go to Options->Properties, and select "recording" and hit okay, then make sure that the microphone is the one "selected".

If you have the microphone input unmuted, when you come to playing, you'll hear both the Jesusonic output, as well as the unmodified input over each other when you play, with the above settings, the guitar goes only into Jesusonic, and the sound you hear is only that that comes out of Jesusonic.
MrFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
jdhchang

Default One solved, another problem surfaces

Thank you so much Mr. Foo. Its working now.

One more issue tho. I get an incredible amount of static. Is that normal? For example, with the tremolo effect, I hear the static ebb and flow like the tide. Is this a setting or a hardward problem? Thank you!
jdhchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
str083

Default Stranger Still???

I've been having trouble With JesuSonic too, but following MrFoo's advice above has not helped me.

With the microphone un-muted I can here my bass fine, but even though the mic is selected as the source for recording I here nothing out of JesuSonic and using the vumeter there is no signal being detected.

I know the WinAmp plugin works.

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.
str083 is offline   Reply With Quote