Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Muddy Tbone
Human being with feelings

Default Does Reaper Have a Tool to Measure Amplitude?

I have a keeper track and a comp track that have been mistakenly recorded at different levels. This is a first for me I always keep accurate tracking notes to avoid things like this.

Does Reaper have a tool (aside from the track dB meter) where I can view the signal level of each track, in order to match the output levels? I'm just trying to get reasonably close in the volume of each track and then fine tune the volume matching by ear.

I'm automating the mute function of both the keeper and the comp track alternating back and forth masking a few mistakes. It's very important that the volume of both tracks be identical.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Fergler

No specific tools are really needed, what I would do is put a time select around an area that is played the same on both parts i.e. similar dynamics and peaks, and then match the sticky peak value (reset by clicking on the meter if it's old) on both tracks.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
beingmf

In SWS, you have a measurement tool, and even a normalization (to X dB) tool. Just type "RMS" in the action list, and you'll find it!
Old 01-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
Muddy Tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
In SWS, you have a measurement tool, and even a normalization (to X dB) tool. Just type "RMS" in the action list, and you'll find it!
OK thanks. Now it's time to download SWS. I've never worked with the SWS extensions before.