Old 12-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #5641
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
I looked in the settings but I'm not able to make it look any better on my screen.

Here's a comparison

1 - this is on my dell monitor, I've resized the strip window to about the size of the strip UI.

2 - Moving the windows to my main monitor (15" macbook pro retina) everything shrinks.

settings page also has issues on either of my screens.

There's another bug with some colors being different in the UI than the color picker. I've seen this come up before in other scripts so I'm sure that's an easy thing to solve.
I have screenshots of everything but to save space I'll just link to the gallery page
https://imgur.com/a/QMOzzxk
Are you requesting that the script detects what kind of screen it is on and adjusts accordingly? Or that the fonts won't enlarge enough for the retina?

Is this because you plan to use the same strips across both screens?

I've thought about adding a zoom option - but as everything is bitmaps - enlargements may not look nice (although as the dot pitch is much smaller on the retina - it may look ok - if you just zoom enough to bring it up to previous size).

However - this isn't as straightforward as it sounds as all click detection algorithms will need to adjust for the different control positions and graphics redrawing will all require extra calculations - so it depends how cpu expensive it might end up.

Unless there's some switch in Reascript you can use to automatically make adjustments of draw size/click detection etc. (I may have read about this somewhere - not sure).
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #5642
Pinknoise

I had a crash again I'm not sure what to post the crash log seems to indicate it's a problem between Reaper and Windows anyway I'll post what I have tell me if there is something else you need.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-24T17:09:14.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>16897</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Boone-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>5.9.6.3</Data>
<Data>17e4</Data>
<Data>01d49baab7f050dd</Data>
<Data>12</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>a13298df-079e-11e9-a007-94de8077ffa6</Data>
<Binary>430072006F00730073002D00740068007200650061 006400000044006500610064006C006F0063006B0000000000 </Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-24-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #5643
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I had a crash again I'm not sure what to post the crash log seems to indicate it's a problem between Reaper and Windows anyway I'll post what I have tell me if there is something else you need.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-23T17:21:03.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>16867</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Boone-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>5.9.6.3</Data>
<Data>e68</Data>
<Data>01d49adcf3a55121</Data>
<Data>7</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>1d07d084-06d7-11e9-a007-94de8077ffa6</Data>
<Binary>430072006F00730073002D00740068007200650061 006400000044006500610064006C006F0063006B0000000000 </Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
That doesn't to provide any useful information (that I can understand anyway).

What plugin were you tweaking at the time of the crash? Did you get any noticeable CPU spikes - and was RAM use ok (not constantly creeping up without ever dropping back down again)? If there was a problem with Undo points then this could cause RAM use to escalate and eventually bomb out - but again - certainly with my settings - I've never had an issue.

Stripper doesn't really use any special code that would likely trigger a full Reaper crash that I know of - and uses Reascript API generally which should be fairly safe. Usually a Stripper crash would just kill the script and not take Reaper with it. And with just general tweaking of plugin parameters - it really should be stable.

I guess if you can find a definite way of triggering the crash then we'd have more to go on.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #5644
Pinknoise

One crash yesterday was with Air windows ADT. Then today Air Windows Pressure4.
But I don't think it's plugin related it's been doing this to me since day 1 with pretty much any plugin.

I'll keep an eye on RMA and CPU spikes I thought the crash log could be helpfull maybe there is another place in the cpu I can find something usefull ?
Old 12-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #5645
lb0

Quote:
But I don't think it's plugin related it's been doing this to me since day 1 with pretty much any plugin.

I'll keep an eye on RMA and CPU spikes I thought the crash log could be helpfull maybe there is another place in the cpu I can find something usefull ?
Ah - just seen the GIF - (didn't show it earlier).

Is it always when loading a strip? Sometimes there can be problems loading some plugins via the chunk (ie. adding their saved chunk data into a new chunk).

Things to check would be if the plugin was visible when the strip was saved - I know some plugins don't like this. Can you please send me the latest strip file - I'll have a look at it.

I'm guessing things have been ok for a bit - or have you simply not used it since your last report?

It may be worthwhile grabbing a copy of the chunk data and try pasting this directly in the chunk to see if that ever triggers it (There are a few scripts useful for this - like the Eugen's Chunk Editor)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #5646
Pinknoise

I'm new to the chunk stuff I'll see what I can do. I have'nt use Reaper since last time. I'm trying various plugins it seems Air Windows related now. I also caught a CPU spike opening Striper.

Another question: Is it possible to invert cycle button ? Or the re-order states ?

I can get a chunk before loading a 'buggy' strip but not after don't know if that can be of any use. I also have Heda's Track Inspector running in background always. It might be causing issues I've had some problems with it before.

I've put the chunk in Google Doc tell me if that works for you.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-24-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #5647
lb0

Quote:
I'm new to the chunk stuff I'll see what I can do. I have'nt use Reaper since last time. I'm trying various plugins it seems Air Windows related now. I also caught a CPU spike opening Striper.

Another question: Is it possible to invert cycle button ? Or the re-order states ?

I can get a chunk before loading a 'buggy' strip but not after don't know if that can be of any use. I also have Heda's Track Inspector running in background always. It might be causing issues I've had some problems with it before.

I've put the chunk in Google Doc tell me if that works for you.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
That document appears to be the chunk editor code. Not the actual chunk itself.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #5648
Pinknoise

I'm going blind here how do I get the actual chunk ?

Other question unrelated:
How do we get the GR to show up in fx list of a plugin ?
I played around with Witti LBX Mod plugins vs Witti regular plugins it seems there was a Mod so it can show up what about other plugins like Reacomp or Klanghelm ?

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-24-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #5649
lb0

Quote:
I'm going blind here how do I get the actual chunk ?

Other question unrelated:
How do we get the GR to show up in fx list of a plugin ?
I played around with Witti LBX Mod plugins vs Witti regular plugins it seems there was a Mod so it can show up what about other plugins like Reacomp or Klanghelm ?
Unless the GR is actually exposed by the plugin then this isn't possible (and 99% of cases the GR reading is not - as plugins usually only expose automatable parameters).

I use this code to show the chunk:

Code:

function GetTrackChunk(track, usefix)
    if not track then return end
    local _, chunk = reaper.GetTrackStateChunk(track,'',false)
    return chunk
  end

local track = reaper.GetSelectedTrack2(0, 0, true)
  local chunk = GetTrackChunk(track,true)
  if chunk then
    reaper.ShowConsoleMsg(chunk)
  end
But I really just want to see the chunk as saved in your strip file.

Does this happen each time you open the strip - or randomly?

Last edited by lb0; 12-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #5650
Pinknoise

I've been playing around with a few plugins. Almost crash with Melda MComp but no.
It seems Air Windows is mostly to blame.
Can you tell me the steps you want me to follow to get chunk ?
It works but do I just get the chunk from an empty selected TCP with Stripper open ?

Quote:
Another question: Is it possible to invert cycle button ? Or to re-order states ?
Old 12-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #5651
RJHollins

Quote:

I tested AIRWindows ADT on my system [Win-7 [64]], Reaper[64] v5.40.

Not crashing here [so far]. Can you detail at what point to get the crash ? I'll try to duplicate if possible.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #5652
Pinknoise

I think I'm pretty much the only one who gets those crash. I get it pretty easy. Load one Air Windows plugin, Load Stripper, create 1 button by draging one fx control, Save Strip. Drag new strip on a new track, crash.

For it not to crash I need to delete plugin first, then clear data in Stripper.
One thing I notice, I can't get the X by holding alt to delete the plugin. That X not appearing happens just with Air Windows when I get it working like almost never.
This problem is just with Air Windows suddenly, it rarely happens with other plugins. Maybe I did'nt realized before that I always had Air WIndows plugins running in the background since they have no GUI I have been messing around with them quite a bit.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-25-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:32 AM   #5653
RJHollins

? Question ?

Well, it seems I'll be needing to update to the latest Reaper ... from my already stable installation.

I did a preliminary 'portable' install of v:5.596, and everything looks good EXCEPT ... I don't have STRIPPER ! aggh.

So the question. Since we have had 'automatic' Stripper updates [a very nice feature], where do I start for re-installing STRIPPER for this new Reaper?

Thank-you !
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:57 AM   #5654
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
? Question ?

Well, it seems I'll be needing to update to the latest Reaper ... from my already stable installation.

I did a preliminary 'portable' install of v:5.596, and everything looks good EXCEPT ... I don't have STRIPPER ! aggh.

So the question. Since we have had 'automatic' Stripper updates [a very nice feature], where do I start for re-installing STRIPPER for this new Reaper?

Thank-you !
Just copy your LBX folder from REAPER/Scripts/ to the new portable REAPER/Scripts folder.

The key things you'll need is the main LBX Stripper.lua file and the entire LBXCS_Resources folder.

Then check which JSFX you need from github and/or copy those from you Reaper/Effects folder. (Faderbox and insert come to mind).
Old 12-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #5655
EpicSounds

I've found that setting 'open in low resolution' for reaper64.app I can stop the problem of the tiny UI with the tradeoff of everything in reaper looking a little soft/blurred.
The settings page is still looking bad though, same as before.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #5656
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
I've found that setting 'open in low resolution' for reaper64.app I can stop the problem of the tiny UI with the tradeoff of everything in reaper looking a little soft/blurred.
The settings page is still looking bad though, same as before.
Ah - but that doesn't sound nice - I hate soft edges (when they aren't meant to be!)!!

The settings dialog is always small because I thougt it was very offputting when trying to change a size setting and having the control move from under your mouse. I'll try and make it so the actual setttings page enlarges - but not until after you close it - that should work ok.

Regarding the actual strip controls - in EDIT mode - can you not make the controls/fonts bigger using the CTL OPTIONS dialog? Or do you wish to use the same strips across different screens? If the latter - I'll have to look into having some sort of zoom option for the main strip gfx. But this is a pretty big task - so will look into it in the new year.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #5657
lb0

Quote:
I think I'm pretty much the only one who gets those crash. I get it pretty easy. Load one Air Windows plugin, Load Stripper, create 1 button by draging one fx control, Save Strip. Drag new strip on a new track, crash.

For it not to crash I need to delete plugin first, then clear data in Stripper.
One thing I notice, I can't get the X by holding alt to delete the plugin. That X not appearing happens just with Air Windows when I get it working like almost never.
This problem is just with Air Windows suddenly, it rarely happens with other plugins. Maybe I did'nt realized before that I always had Air WIndows plugins running in the background since they have no GUI I have been messing around with them quite a bit.
The X appearing should depend on what the mouse is over and how you've created the strip. If there's no background - then unless the mouse is over a control - it will not know it's hovering over a strip even if within the strips boundaries. (This is due to the fast way it detects what control is under the mouse). With a background image covering the whole strip area - then this will provide a link to the strip and should work ok.

If you can share (or send me) the offending Airwindows strip - I am happy to test out here - see if I can recreate the issue. I'd rather test your strip than one I could build - as it could be something with how you created the strip or settings or something.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #5658
Pinknoise

I already sent you my air windows strip. Anything Air windows crashes.
I'll make a small gif.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 12-27-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #5659
Arthur McArthur

@Pinknoise

I had a similar crashing problem and it was only because I was saving my strips with the Airwindows plugin GUI opened, as you are in your gif. Try saving and loading the strips with the GUI closed.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #5660
Pinknoise

Hey thanks that actually works !
Old 12-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #5661
lb0

Quote:
Hey thanks that actually works !
Great. You know I could have sworn I mentioned this recently - but looking back seems I didn't. Sorry about that. Glad it seems more stable and working! I have no idea why some plugins don't like being added via the chunk when visible.

I need to add an option to auto-close fx windows when saving the strip.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #5662
Pinknoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Great. You know I could have sworn I mentioned this recently - but looking back seems I didn't. Sorry about that. Glad it seems more stable and working! I have no idea why some plugins don't like being added via the chunk when visible.

I need to add an option to auto-close fx windows when saving the strip.
Good idea ! Thanks for trying !
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #5663
Joesi

Default Off topic?

Hi,

Sorry if that's completely off topic but I looked for a way to get in touch with the guy from "Sonic Anomaly" who coded some really, really cool JSFX, like the S.LA.X. I didn't like the knobs and the surface though, so I modified it and created my own knobs and gave the GUI a more 3-dimensional look:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmRwd4U6D-CuhOdLq6879F5IjS_nDA

Actually, I wanted to ask him if it is okay to share the altered GUI if anyone likes it.
Now that I saw this fantastic idea of Ib0 I wondered if anyone is interested in a place to share knobs for stripper?
Joesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:31 AM   #5664
timbralzoom

Hi there!

i just purchased UVI Falcon .. was dreaming for loooong time,
especially for granular stuff..

then i realized there was OSC support (also supports Lua scripting too )

any chance to access from Stripper to Falcon's OSC port/path/IDs automatically?

seems every parameters has something like this long IDs

"/uvi/Part 2/Program/Layer 0/Keygroup 0/Oscillator/GrainSymmetry"
"/uvi/Part 2/Program/Layer 0/Keygroup 0/Oscillator/Position"

or ..
am i trying&expecting stpd things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
Hi,

Sorry if that's completely off topic but I looked for a way to get in touch with the guy from "Sonic Anomaly" who coded some really, really cool JSFX, like the S.LA.X. I didn't like the knobs and the surface though, so I modified it and created my own knobs and gave the GUI a more 3-dimensional look:

Actually, I wanted to ask him if it is okay to share the altered GUI if anyone likes it.
Now that I saw this fantastic idea of Ib0 I wondered if anyone is interested in a place to share knobs for stripper?
Hi,

if you mean make the knobs ready to use in the Stripper
just upload them to Stash then i can try to create "KNB" (Stripper info files for controls) files
then include them in to my Controls & Graphics share link.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #5665
Pinknoise

Is there a way to reorder plugins within Stripper ?

For exemple I'd like to create a channel strip with various EQ,comps,etc. Can I change their order via Stripper ?

I think I answered my question while typing snapshot would do this right ?
Old 01-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #5666
lb0

Quote:
Is there a way to reorder plugins within Stripper ?

For exemple I'd like to create a channel strip with various EQ,comps,etc. Can I change their order via Stripper ?

I think I answered my question while typing snapshot would do this right ?
Do you mean reorder plugins as in the track fx in the mixer? If so - I think the shortcut is '1' - which allows you to move the position of the track fx.

If you mean reorder strips/plugin GUI's within Stripper window - then you'll need to use MIX MODE (right-click LIVE MODE button). Then drag in strips into mixmode - they get loaded into Strip switchers which can be dragged around as desired (FX gets reordered too).
Old 01-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #5667
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Hi there!

i just purchased UVI Falcon .. was dreaming for loooong time,
especially for granular stuff..

then i realized there was OSC support (also supports Lua scripting too )

any chance to access from Stripper to Falcon's OSC port/path/IDs automatically?

seems every parameters has something like this long IDs

"/uvi/Part 2/Program/Layer 0/Keygroup 0/Oscillator/GrainSymmetry"
"/uvi/Part 2/Program/Layer 0/Keygroup 0/Oscillator/Position"

or ..
am i trying&expecting stpd things
Well - I've never even tried using the OSC transmission stuff - but it might work. Nobody's said it doesn't - but maybe nobody uses it. It doesn't do anything clever - but should transmit the string - but maybe my formatting is wrong.

The main problem with OSC messages - is that you cannot get any incoming messages as feedback. So using standard automation might be better if available.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #5668
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
Hi,

Nice GUI. Timbralzoom currently keeps the library of stripper controls together. Did you have anything in mind?
Old 01-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #5669
Pinknoise

Thanks for your answer I'll toy around with it. My question was is it possible the reorder plugins in Reaper's fx chain window. But your other suggestions might do the trick.

I suddenly get this window when opening Stripper:

It's looking for something like a default strip. I don't recall changing anything that could produce this how can I stop this from happening ?

I navigate to the projsave folder and load one .lbxstripper file so it stops bugging me but everytime I reopen it keeps happening.

EDIT: OK found out it had to do only with the current project I was working on. So bug solved.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 01-06-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #5670
Pinknoise

Is it possible to swap 2 controls ?

Say by ctrl+selecting 2 distant controls and swaping their positions on the strip ?

I've been working for 2 hours on a strip and forgot to close the plugins windows before saving. Now I can't load the strip back i get the spinning cursor/crash. Is there a way to reopen the strip by closing all floating windows like can I enter a line of code somewhere in stripper?

EDIT: Yes!! auto-save, saved my a** ! re-opened a backup .bak file it worked !

Last edited by Pinknoise; 01-06-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #5671
GameAudioRvlzzr

Hey, thank you for this awesome program!

Is there a way to control other tracks? from one strip that belongs to a folder track, i would like to control the volumes of the tracks that are in that folder track.
That way, i could make submixes of those trakcs and use the xy-pad to morph between snapshots of different submixes.

Thank you
Micha
GameAudioRvlzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #5672
lb0

Quote:
Is it possible to swap 2 controls ?

Say by ctrl+selecting 2 distant controls and swaping their positions on the strip ?

I've been working for 2 hours on a strip and forgot to close the plugins windows before saving. Now I can't load the strip back i get the spinning cursor/crash. Is there a way to reopen the strip by closing all floating windows like can I enter a line of code somewhere in stripper?

EDIT: Yes!! auto-save, saved my a** ! re-opened a backup .bak file it worked !
Just in answer to your question (glad you solved it though) - you can probably rescue a strip that is saved with (airwindows) plugin open by editing the strip file - looking in the chunk section for the offending plugin - then deleting the line: FLOAT n n n n

I've not tested this with stripper - but works when just editing the chunk data and pasting into a new track.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #5673
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameAudioRvlzzr View Post
Hey, thank you for this awesome program!

Is there a way to control other tracks? from one strip that belongs to a folder track, i would like to control the volumes of the tracks that are in that folder track.
That way, i could make submixes of those trakcs and use the xy-pad to morph between snapshots of different submixes.

Thank you
Micha
Glad you like it

Yes - in TRACK EDIT mode you can change the track (middle section of left sidebar) to any other track to insert parameters from that track (or track fx when in FX EDIT mode).

One thing to note though - you cannot capture track fader volume changes made through stripper as track automation. It's not possible with the current API. In order to capture track volume automation you would need to place a volume trim plugin at the end of each tracks fx chain and control the plugins gain level from stripper (and record as automation).
Old 01-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #5674
GameAudioRvlzzr

Quote:
Yes
Perfect, it works, thank you!
GameAudioRvlzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #5675
woodslanding

Quote:
New update

4. Run each of the 3 following dump actions:

SWS/S&M: Dump action list (SWS extension only)
SWS/S&M: Dump action list (custom actions only)
SWS/S&M: Dump action list (w/o SWS extension)

Save the files in the new actiondumps folder.
I'm not seeing the last one here. Has it been renamed? I see 'all actions' and 'all but custom actions'.

Also when I run each action, they create the same file name. I assume I can rename them whatever I want to keep them from overwriting each other?

Thoughts?

Last edited by woodslanding; 01-07-2019 at 01:56 PM.
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #5676
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
I'm not seeing the last one here. Has it been renamed? I see 'all actions' and 'all but custom actions'.

Also when I run each action, they create the same file name. I assume I can rename them whatever I want to keep them from overwriting each other?

Thoughts?
You're right - but I don't think the 'all actions' option was available when I did that - so had to amalgamate using the others.

Try the all actions one only. You may get a few doubled up but I will sort this out soon.

If you get a bug when filtering the list - let me know - I can fix it.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #5677
woodslanding

where do I chose an action from the gui? I only see parameters and track controls as sources....
Old 01-08-2019, 12:56 AM   #5678
timbralzoom

EDIT MODE/TRACK/Other Controls/Action Trigger

[/url]
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:16 PM   #5679
woodslanding

action options is greyed out for me. I do have the dumpfile in my resources folder.

edit: I see, I have to create it as an action control. Got it.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #5680
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
action options is greyed out for me. I do have the dumpfile in my resources folder.

edit: I see, I have to create it as an action control. Got it.
Glad you worked it out. I will make assigning the actions simpler soon now it's possible to get the selected action from the Reaper action list.