Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
EnzymeX
Human being with feelings

Default Zrrrrrrp at end of loop record...

Justin,

Is there anything that can be done for the hiccup that happens at the end of each loop when recording VSTi's in loop mode, or is that just the way it has to be with the audio engine?

Zrrrrrrp... nice loop playback... zrrrrrrp.... nice loop playback....

It is annoying, but I work around by setting loop region 4 bars or so ahead of the part of the loop I intend to keep. That way, the zrrrrp does not happen during the part of the recording I am overdubbing on...
EnzymeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Hi EnzymeX.
So, you're also experiencing problems with loop recording ?
I have tried it, and my problem is not at the end of the loop, but at the beginning : the notes aren't recorded/heard...
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 AM   #3
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic
Hi EnzymeX.
So, you're also experiencing problems with loop recording ?
I have tried it, and my problem is not at the end of the loop, but at the beginning : the notes aren't recorded/heard...
Do you still have this problem with 1.03?

Any chance you could post a project that does this?
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
sinkmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Do you still have this problem with 1.03?
Yes.
It seems to be a little bit better in last version, but sorry to tell that, midi overdub rec is really a pain in the _ss.

- the loop doesn't play seamlessly AT ALL : coming back at the beginning causes a little "hung", so :
_ you loose the tempo
_ the first notes of the loop is not heard
_ the very first notes of the loop is not recorded

- i always end up with 2 clips in my loop section, instead of one single : why ? (and how to merge them ? do i have to do it manually ?) ;

- every layer is still in my 'recorded' folder, so i will end up with hundreds of files i don't need. So what shall i do ?
1-keeping it = my folder will be a terrible mess ;
2-listening to each one individually will take me hours !
These uneeded temporary files (all the goal of overdub rec is to merge every layer in one single file) must be deleted, like in any other host.

- why isn't 'midi overdub' mode not available as the other recording methods ? Is it a 'cast away' mode ? I mean : why do i have to do so many maniuplations (going in to the preferences, modifying them, making at least 5 mouse clicks to configure my track, not forgetting 'record midi out', etc)... This should be a lot more user-friendly, at least in my opinion...

I'm still looking for a 'happy midi overdud user'...
I have made a thread concering midi overdub, nobody (at least, no midi user) replied to it, i asked directly to some reaper's 'midiots' : none of them told me they tried it, and as it was among the first midi requests, i don't get why nobody seem to care now ? : Did everyone gave up using midi with reaper ? Is it too buggy ? too complicated ?

About posting a project : yes, i will do it
I really hope it will be quickly fixed, and i don't like the idea that midi overdub is here only as a "trick", and not as a serious feature, easy to reach and to use... Who did tried overdub with success untill now ?
Old 09-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #5
sinkmusic

Ok, not to add off-topic pollution to EnzymeX's thread, i have opened a new thread, where we can discuss about the midi loop recording issues...

I really would like to know if i am the only one :
1-having problem to record a midi loop in reaper
2-still hoping to be able to use midi with reaper (the midi editor is really nice now : i want to believe i still have good reasons to want to use it ! )

Have a look at the thread here : http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthre...1574#post21574
Old 09-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
EnzymeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic
Yes.

- the loop doesn't play seamlessly AT ALL : coming back at the beginning causes a little "hung", so :
_ you loose the tempo
_ the first notes of the loop is not heard
_ the very first notes of the loop is not recorded
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I need to set my loops a few beats earlier than what I want to keep to I can figure out the tempo again...
EnzymeX is offline   Reply With Quote