Old 06-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #5241
lb0
Human being with feelings

Just to post that working with Swiiscompos, I have fixed a few issues that caused the script not to work properly on MacOS.

Not having a Mac myself - I had no idea - but the bugs would have prevented loading any data correctly - so working with projects and loading saved strips or importing sharestrips all would have failed. So pretty much useless on Mac (and for quite some time - probably at least a year it's been like this).

So thanks to Swiiscompos - it should all be working much better now if you have a Mac.

So Mac users should ensure they install and use any version from:

v0.94.0079

lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #5242
timbralzoom

headache's bump

seems Modulator Browser doesn't list the Take Switchers.
-motto-

EDIT:

got this once
LBX Stripper.lua:20354: bad argument #1 to 'TrackFX_GetFXGUID' (MediaTrack expected)

only thing i remember:
i clone one of the Take Switcher in the strip and assigned (new one) to takes in another track
but couldn't reproduce yet..

-motto-

EDIT2:
summer fun

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-15-2018 at 01:57 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:31 AM   #5243
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
headache's bump

seems Modulator Browser doesn't list the Take Switchers.
-motto-

EDIT:

got this once
LBX Stripper.lua:20354: bad argument #1 to 'TrackFX_GetFXGUID' (MediaTrack expected)

only thing i remember:
i clone one of the Take Switcher in the strip and assigned (new one) to takes in another track
but couldn't reproduce yet..

-motto-

EDIT2:
summer fun
Will look into the error and add takeswitchers to browser.

Awesome video!! Love it.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #5244
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Will look into the error and add takeswitchers to browser.

Awesome video!! Love it.
nothing urgent!
as always Thank you!
i love this setup (uTonic & Tantra Combo) also more,
and figured it out to fix the cpu overload thingy..
Strip loads takes a while (because of complex Bidule, Freestyle structure)
but works great so far .. YaY!!

mini behind the strip & disc bounce of the snapshots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdlo...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
a Q.

is this possible
show given names in the Modulator Browser? (show FX Chain names)
not a must have but might helpful in some cases:

-motto-

EDIT2:

TOL moment:

Macro allow LEARN Take Switchers?

scenario:
4 drum loop items

1 main loop
2 fill-a
3 main loop
4 fill-b

via Macro we would select same groove for main loops at once and then alter the fills manually.

&

huh! What is "Threshold Switch" ?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #5245
lb0

Quote:

EDIT:
a Q.

is this possible
show given names in the Modulator Browser? (show FX Chain names)
not a must have but might helpful in some cases:

-motto-

EDIT2:

TOL moment:

Macro allow LEARN Take Switchers?

scenario:
4 drum loop items

1 main loop
2 fill-a
3 main loop
4 fill-b

via Macro we would select same groove for main loops at once and then alter the fills manually.

&

huh! What is "Threshold Switch" ?
EDIT1 Yes, EDIT2 probably,
Huh - a very specific control to help someone out with something.

It basically switches a control between 0 and 1 (ie. on or off for a bypass switch), but it only switches when the value of the control knob/slider goes above or below set threshold values.

It was to do with a WAH pedal (learned to a FADER) automatically switching on a WAH plugin when it's moved above a certain amount - and switching off again when lowered below a different amount.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #5246
timbralzoom

Quote:
EDIT1 Yes, EDIT2 probably,
Huh - a very specific control to help someone out with something.

It basically switches a control between 0 and 1 (ie. on or off for a bypass switch), but it only switches when the value of the control knob/slider goes above or below set threshold values.

It was to do with a WAH pedal (learned to a FADER) automatically switching on a WAH plugin when it's moved above a certain amount - and switching off again when lowered below a different amount.
1&2:
sounds good & - motto-

huh:
Thanks for explanation!
its seems even not directly drag-able in to Grid .. so, over my league
Old 06-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #5247
lb0

Quote:
1&2:
sounds good & - motto-

huh:
Thanks for explanation!
its seems even not directly drag-able in to Grid .. so, over my league
Well - because its a niche control - you simply take an existing fx parameter control - right-click it. Make it a knob/slider (even if the original control is a button type - like a bypass). Select the Control Specific->Threshold switch option. Then - if you right-click again and go to control specific-> menu item - you'll have more options to set the threshold values etc.

Once on/off threshold values are set - (they default to something like 10 for on, 5 for off). move the knob control and watch the fx parameter that you're controlling - it will switch to 1 (or 0 if inverted) if the on threshold is crossed, and 0 (or 1 inverted) when the off threshold is crossed.

Like it said - it was designed for a continuous pedal to activate/deactivate a wah wah plugin.

Last edited by lb0; 06-19-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #5248
timbralzoom

Default Controls & Graphics Update

22 June 2018

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068
Old 06-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #5249
RJHollins

'T' providing our 'graphics' fix. Thank-you
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #5250
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
'T' providing our 'graphics' fix. Thank-you
Enjoy my friend!
Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #5251
briandress

Having a struggle running lbx stripper. I downloaded the files and extracted the contents to an “LBX” folder in the “Scripts” folder of the reaper resources folder. Now I don’t know what to do next.

Nvm I got it

Last edited by briandress; 06-21-2018 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Figured it out
briandress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #5252
timbralzoom

UGG in the project
i recorded output of a few snapshots over the project i am working on..
very long video .. LBX Stripper part starts at 6:00 ends 7:40

https://youtu.be/ay1_19obvF0?t=5m54s
Old 07-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #5253
lb0

Quote:
UGG in the project
i recorded output of a few snapshots over the project i am working on..
very long video .. LBX Stripper part starts at 6:00 ends 7:40

https://youtu.be/ay1_19obvF0?t=5m54s
beautiful!!
Old 07-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #5254
timbralzoom

Quote:
beautiful!!
Hi !
Thank you!

UGG adds nice background textures .. Thanks to you!!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #5255
lb0

Hey all,

Just to notify of an update with tons of small features - too many to go into right now and it's been such a long time since the last update that I'll probably forget some things.

Anyway - some things will be obviously noticeable - and hopefully fairly intuitive.

The most notable is edit mode (FX, TRACK, GFX) has a new tool bar to quickly access some useful functions to do with control layout etc.

Please also notice there is a undo/redo button. Please note this is experimental - and not complete. It works for undo-ing redo-ing control movement and changes to the controls properties (most of them).

It won't cover adding/deleting controls yet - and although I have had success with restoring deleted controls partially - things like snapshots etc would always lose those control saved values - and this is very hard to overcome - so I bottled it and removed the undo/redo of deleted controls for now. So if you delete a control - it's gone - unless you manually add it again Please keep this in mind.

Anyway - there are loads of extra bits in this version - along with some bugfixes - but I cannot for the life of me remember everything just now - so will post again soon when I've remembered more of it and have time to explain it all.

This version will require updating the resources folder and Alt-skins (if you use the alternative skins).

I know of a few little minor 'glitches' with the vertical and horizontal control distribution functions - but usually a second press of the button will get you where you want it (I hope) - and of course - now you can always undo it if it doesn't do what you wanted.

Oh - and if (as you need to) you update the resources folder - you'll also find a new slider type (SLIDER X - which you can define your own controls to be if you like designing your own controls - the main criteria is that the moving fader position graphic should touch the top and bottom of the image at it's extremes to work accurately). The difference between this slider type and the old slider type (which obviously still exists) - is that this one moves the slider position to where you click on the graphic - and it works very nicely with the reaper volume parameters etc (although you still need to set the scalemod in CTL OPTIONS 2 - best I've found is value 4 to emulate the reaper volume sliders).

I have added a sharestrip - Channel Alt LBX 2 - to the share strips folder on github. This shows just some of the new stuff that's possible. I butchered TJA's Channel Alt strip for this (hope you don't mind TJA).

Load it onto a strip - disable follow track in settings and select a few different tracks - you should notice it updates depending on which track is selected and is not fixed to any specific track.

Anyway - I gotta sleep. As always - please report any bugs to me and I'll sort them asap.

Cheers
Old 07-16-2018, 04:33 AM   #5256
dasombre

thanks for the update Ib0!!
I was wishing for a Redo-Undo

Havent testetd the latest version yet, but will hopefully tonight or tomorrow and report back if something goes astray.

Thanks again!
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #5257
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
thanks for the update Ib0!!
I was wishing for a Redo-Undo

Havent testetd the latest version yet, but will hopefully tonight or tomorrow and report back if something goes astray.

Thanks again!
Thanks Dasombre - would very much appreciate some feedback - a lot of extra code in there and although it's been perfectly stable in my tests - would be good to have confirmation that things are ok out in the 'wild'

There are a few other things that I've remembered - one is you can change a strip switcher into a real 'strip switcher' where it not only just contains controls - but when you load a strip into it - you can swap that strip for a different one if you wish. So it's like a placeholder for strips - it has an insert jsfx (effectively a dummy jsfx) - and it places all fx plugins for the strip after that jsfx - so you can put the jsfx anywhere in a tracks chain - and it always loads the fx plugins to the same place. Also - it can be set up to copy the insert jsfx pin map to the loaded strip fx plugins.

This feature really requires a video to explain it properly - so I'll look into doing one when I get the chance
Old 07-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #5258
dasombre

first impression after quick testing: WOW!!

Did not encounter any crashes. Everything seems snappier to me now too (I skipped the last 2 smaller updates, so maybe I missed the increased snapinnes)

Undo-Redo: purely AWESOME
(by default it is set to 999 steps in prefs, I changed mine to 50. Its 50 more steps than I had before haha)

The new FX-edit-toolbar is very helpful and workflow increasing too. Some veeeery nice gimmicks there too.
I dont know what the first 6 buttons do, here they do nothing, but I might be missing it again xD

I have yet to try and understand and try properly the new strip-switch-switcher

But all in all, a huge and amazing update.
I will report again if any bugs come around. Tonight I'll be buildind a strip anyway. So good opportunity to use the new fx-parameter-tools

Huge thanks for the great update MR.! Happy stripping!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #5259
lb0

Quote:
first impression after quick testing: WOW!!

Did not encounter any crashes. Everything seems snappier to me now too (I skipped the last 2 smaller updates, so maybe I missed the increased snapinnes)

Undo-Redo: purely AWESOME
(by default it is set to 999 steps in prefs, I changed mine to 50. Its 50 more steps than I had before haha)

The new FX-edit-toolbar is very helpful and workflow increasing too. Some veeeery nice gimmicks there too.
I dont know what the first 6 buttons do, here they do nothing, but I might be missing it again xD

I have yet to try and understand and try properly the new strip-switch-switcher

But all in all, a huge and amazing update.
I will report again if any bugs come around. Tonight I'll be buildind a strip anyway. So good opportunity to use the new fx-parameter-tools

Huge thanks for the great update MR.! Happy stripping!
Thanks for testing - very pleased to know it's working ok...

Funny - I originally had 50 as the default undo steps - but this was at my initial attempt which stored the entire control's details each undo state - which I thought was very wasteful of RAM. I then updated so it only stores what information it requires to undo the change (so in most cases - just a single field) - so I guess 999 isn't really much RAM use generally anymore - so increased the default undo states.

The first 6 toolbar buttons - these require more than 1 control to be selected - because they are all alignment controls - aligning left/right/top/bottom/centre, or distributing all selected controls between top/bottom or left/right. I know they appear functional when you have just one item selected - which is perhaps a minor bug - but select a bunch of controls and you'll soon work out what they do

Thanks again as always!!

EDIT:

I'm constantly trying to improve 'snappiness' and tweaking here and there - and there are many factors that contribute to this - but glad it feels snappier -

Oh - and what do you think of the 'dot' grid? I prefer it to the old crosshatch style grid - as it gets in the way less. But I could make it switchable if anyone absolutely preferred the old grid.

Last edited by lb0; 07-17-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #5260
Arthur McArthur

This is a beast of an update Leon! Love the new grid and fx toolbar, very nice QOL improvements.

Just gave it a spin and found an odd bug: I can't seem to drag in controls from FX if there are 6 or 7+ FX and I'm selecting one of the last ones:

https://imgur.com/a/UmtsGc9

Let me know if that's clear or not. Thanks for another great update!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:29 PM   #5261
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
This is a beast of an update Leon! Love the new grid and fx toolbar, very nice QOL improvements.

Just gave it a spin and found an odd bug: I can't seem to drag in controls from FX if there are 6 or 7+ FX and I'm selecting one of the last ones:

https://imgur.com/a/UmtsGc9

Let me know if that's clear or not. Thanks for another great update!
Aah - good spot - thanks - it seems you cannot drag in if you 'scroll' the fx plugins down from the top - even with just 2 fx (although the first fx slot seems fine). So you can still select any FX and scroll the list back to the top and it should be draggable again...

I will fix later today. A little puzzled as I didn't think I changed anything there for a while - so maybe something simple like a rogue character or something.

EDIT - Ok fixed. Dunno how I managed to let that bug creep in - nor any idea when... :/

Last edited by lb0; 07-17-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 AM   #5262
lb0

Another new feature I've remembered

You can create sets of controls - so you can organise your favourite controls (of any type) into there own USER SET - rename the USER SET to identify it easily.

This way you don't need to scroll through mountains of controls when creating strips from scratch.

To do this - simply highlight the USER SET you wish to add controls to.

Then go to the main 'control type' folder containing the controls you wish to add. Highlight the control - right-click - choose add to Set X option. This will add that control to the previously selected user set.

I've allowed 512 user sets - which should be more than enough for now
Old 07-18-2018, 03:18 AM   #5263
dasombre

Quote:
The first 6 toolbar buttons - these require more than 1 control to be selected - because they are all alignment controls - aligning left/right/top/bottom/centre, or distributing all selected controls between top/bottom or left/right. I know they appear functional when you have just one item selected - which is perhaps a minor bug - but select a bunch of controls and you'll soon work out what they do
ahhh, thats what they do
Great! Thanks for the info.
Very cool. And I like the dotted grid. As you say, less distracting and still visible if helpful.

Ok, just saw as I'm typing and now I gotta undertand the "User-Sets". Sounds very interesting
EDIT: so one can now preselect the control-graphics and put them into sets?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 AM   #5264
lb0

Quote:
EDIT: so one can now preselect the control-graphics and put them into sets?
It's just a way of organising the controls a little better. Say you have a favourite knob and slider and buttons. Simply select a user set (in the list under the control type buttons) - then go and find each control you want in that set - right-click the control in the browser and choose Add to Set option.

Now you can highlight the user set and find all the added controls in one place. Great for keeping themed controls together also.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 AM   #5265
dasombre

sounds great and workflow-enhancing. I love that.
Thank you for the clarification
Old 07-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #5266
dasombre

Bug report:

When using the Off/Byp/Wet control, and after that deleting an FX via Reapers native FX-chain-window, I cant select an FX to add controls in the FX-parameter browser anymore. The selected FX jumps back to first FX when clicking on an different FX in the stripper.

Hope it makes sense

Don't know if this bug has been there before, because I used this 3-state-control-type for the first time in my latest strip (built using the stripper version with the new additions - just before the latest update)
Old 07-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #5267
lb0

Quote:
Bug report:

When using the Off/Byp/Wet control, and after that deleting an FX via Reapers native FX-chain-window, I cant select an FX to add controls in the FX-parameter browser anymore. The selected FX jumps back to first FX when clicking on an different FX in the stripper.

Hope it makes sense

Don't know if this bug has been there before, because I used this 3-state-control-type for the first time in my latest strip (built using the stripper version with the new additions - just before the latest update)
Can you try with latest version .0081 - this bug sounds like one I fixed this morning.

If not - let me know - and if you have time sometime - a GIF might be very useful
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #5268
dasombre

Quote:
Can you try with latest version .0081 - this bug sounds like one I fixed this morning.

If not - let me know - and if you have time sometime - a GIF might be very useful
I am already on the latest version. I just saved it initially with .0080.
The bug is here on .0081

Scenario: I have 6 instance N4-strip, each instance has a Off/Byp/Wet-control assigned. When I delete one instance via Reaper's FX-chain window, I cant select an FX in the stripper-FX-browser anymore.

If it's unclear I will make a gif.

Thank you.

EDIT: it has to do with the 3-state Off/Byp/wet-control. I saved a version of the same strip, just without all the 3-state-buttons, and now everything is behaving normal after deleting an instance from the fx-chain.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #5269
lb0

Quote:
I am already on the latest version. I just saved it initially with .0080.
The bug is here on .0081

Scenario: I have 6 instance N4-strip, each instance has a Off/Byp/Wet-control assigned. When I delete one instance via Reaper's FX-chain window, I cant select an FX in the stripper-FX-browser anymore.

If it's unclear I will make a gif.

Thank you.
Wow - odd - yes - i've repeated here- will look into...
Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #5270
dasombre

Quote:
Wow - odd - yes - i've repeated here- will look into...
ah, glad you found it too.
Thanks for looking into it
Old 07-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #5271
lb0

Quote:
ah, glad you found it too.
Thanks for looking into it
Should be fixed - .0082

Let me know.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #5272
dasombre

Quote:
Should be fixed - .0082

Let me know.
It's FIXED
Thank you very very much Sir.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #5273
lb0

Quote:
It's FIXED
Thank you very very much Sir.
No worries - thanks for spotting the bug!
Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #5274
timbralzoom

User Sets beautifulissimo!
Thank you so much!
Old 07-19-2018, 01:21 AM   #5275
Underoath77

Default OK a few questions.....

I'm trying to build an ULTIMATE AMP DESIGNER. Can LBX:

-Have multiple tabs/windows of some kind
-Go from one tab to the next and have clickable (image )presets within a specific section?
-Ways to turn on certain plugin sections.

This is the theme it will be modeled after.
https://www.google.com/search?q=meld...TzpxUHzwieaLM:

Vojtech "Melda" said he wouldnt make a guitar sim so I'm making my own. Also is their a limit to how many tabs or pages or knobs within the channel strip builder?

Id like to have 400 or 500 knobs and switches within multiple pages and sub tabs...
Underoath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:36 AM   #5276
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath77 View Post
I'm trying to build an ULTIMATE AMP DESIGNER. Can LBX:

-Have multiple tabs/windows of some kind
-Go from one tab to the next and have clickable (image )presets within a specific section?
-Ways to turn on certain plugin sections.

This is the theme it will be modeled after.
https://www.google.com/search?q=meld...TzpxUHzwieaLM:

Vojtech "Melda" said he wouldnt make a guitar sim so I'm making my own. Also is their a limit to how many tabs or pages or knobs within the channel strip builder?

Id like to have 400 or 500 knobs and switches within multiple pages and sub tabs...
You can use 'Strip Switcher' controls in Stripper to create separate pages for groups of controls.

Separate buttons can be created for accessing the different pages of the switcher. You can create a button control graphic from any image (you'd need to create the buttons outside of Stripper) - and assign these to the page buttons - so yeah - you can customize the look of each button.

You can create bypass buttons for any fx plugin - and can chain multiple bypass buttons (from multiple pages) to switch on off any number of plugins at once using a 'Macro' control. You could also use Snapshots for this purpose.

There is no limit to the number of controls you can have - other than space to display them - but using a Strip Switcher you can have as many pages as required - so shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #5277
lb0

Quote:
User Sets beautifulissimo!
Thank you so much!
Glad you like Hopefully as Dasombre said it will improve workflow a little
Old 07-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #5278
dasombre

A little heads-up regarding the new strip-switch-modes:

Older strips with strip-switchers (before the new switch-mode) don't work unless you first choose the "page-mode" for the switcher and then resave.

I was confused that one of my strips did not want to switch the page, but then I figured it out.

Just wanted to spare you some confusion
Old 07-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #5279
lb0

Quote:
A little heads-up regarding the new strip-switch-modes:

Older strips with strip-switchers (before the new switch-mode) don't work unless you first choose the "page-mode" for the switcher and then resave.

I was confused that one of my strips did not want to switch the page, but then I figured it out.

Just wanted to spare you some confusion
ah - ok - will fix that pronto...

Updated: .0083 should be fixed

Last edited by lb0; 07-19-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:18 AM   #5280
dasombre

Quote:
ah - ok - will fix that pronto...

Updated: .0083 should be fixed
oh cool, big thanks!
I was going to resave all my strips with switchers inside but this is much better