lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Beautiful!
exactly the Modulation Color as in my mind
refresh thingy also seems fixed..
will test more!
BTW - right-click global for menu to clear all fader assignments.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #3282
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
BTW - right-click global for menu to clear all fader assignments.
eggs everywhere!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #3283
lb0

Quote:
eggs everywhere!
The hen escaped
Old 06-27-2017, 06:27 AM   #3284
timbralzoom

Quote:
The hen escaped
yes.. twice in a day
Old 06-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #3285
DarkStar

<< not wishing to be a party-pooper >>

I've just started looking at this great script. But, is there a User Guide somewhere? I find it much easier to browse through one, rather than watch videos which may or may not cover my specific questions.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #3286
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
<< not wishing to be a party-pooper >>

I've just started looking at this great script. But, is there a User Guide somewhere? I find it much easier to browse through one, rather than watch videos which may or may not cover my specific questions.
Well at the moment - there are only videos. As it's still in development - there isn't much point putting lots of effort into writing a detailed manual - at least until most of it is set in stone. (And I've written technical and user manuals before - it's the most boring thing in the world for me ).

I will look into creating a guide - but it really will be just that, as I don't really know how different people want to use it - and I've made it pretty flexible so things can be done in multiple ways.

But essentially - if you look at the whole thing in terms of pulling in automatable parameters from any plugins etc - and placing them on a grid in the best layout for how you wish to interact with them.

You can then choose to save these layouts - so they can be recalled into any future projects.

That was the initial premise - and probably what you first need to get your head around in order to use it successfully. Get familiar with the differences between LIVE MODE/ EDIT MODE->STRIP EDIT/FXPARAM EDIT and GFX EDIT modes.

Quick low down -
LIVE MODE - using the created channel strips.

EDIT MODE:
STRIP EDIT - save and drag in previously created strips.
FX PARAMS EDIT - drag in parameters, edit controls etc. can switch to TR PARAMS - to get hold of Reaper track controls and sends and also special control types.
GFX EDIT - Add background images and labels.

Check out the CTL_OPTIONS that appears when you select a parameter when in FX PARAMS EDIT mode. This is where you can set what the controls look like, and how they work (button/knob/slider/flash button/meter etc).

Whilst doing any of this - if you have any questions about what something does - or how to do something - you can ask me - I'm happy to help as best I can.

The basics are pretty intuitive (I think) - once you've initially familiarized yourself with the different modes.

Yes - I know you asked for a manual - but until I get much much more time - it's going to be a while before I can make one (this is not my day job). I completely understand the value of a manual - I'm one of those who'll read a manual from cover to cover before I've even got a bit of kit.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #3287
timbralzoom

beautiful

Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #3288
DarkStar

OK Thank you

Q: How do I get a Solo track button to be grey when Off and (say) geren when On?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #3289
timbralzoom

Quote:
OK Thank you

Q: How do I get a Solo track button to be grey when Off and (say) geren when On?
for example
there is two files in the "control" folder of Stripper

EDIT for correcting myself:
there must be two files with identical names in the "control" folder of Stripper
one is png:
BESTRPOKE_SOLO(15-2)-b.png

second is:
BESTRPOKE_SOLO(15-2)-b.KNB (attached...its txt actually)

this is the information in the KNB file:

{{
["ctltype"]=2,
["fn"]="BESTRPOKE_SOLO(15-2)-b.png",
["cellh"]=15,
["frames"]=2,
},
}

you can find many examples that also ready to use in stripper here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=2068
Attached Files
File Type: zip BESTRPOKE_SOLO(15-2)-b.zip (2.0 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #3290
lb0

Quote:
OK Thank you

Yes - as timbral has already replied - I'll just add that controls that can be dragged into Stripper are simply bitmap stacks - so the colour of the bitmap is what you get. If there is no control that matches your criteria - then there's nothing stopping you adapting one or creating from scratch.

A control as Timbral has pointed out contains a graphics image (vertically stacked frames), and an accompanying .knb text file which specifies how many frames and frame height etc. Simple to work out if you look at a few.

If you have the graphic file you want already - but the grey/green is the wrong way round (grey when on, green off) - then use an INV version of the button. In CTL OPTIONS - where you've selected the control type (BUTTON i assume) - there is also a BUTTON INV which basically swaps the bitmap around.

Hope this helps
Old 06-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #3291
Arthur McArthur

Hi Leon, hope all is well. Just catching up to the progress now! Things are looking and working great for me on the latest version. Also cheers for putting in a donate link and letting us support, I just did.

A while back you asked for reminders on feature requests, here's my big ones:

- a replication of Ableton Live's "detail view" functionality: drag strips and snapshots from the media explorer into stripper, snapping their position to any adjacent strip. Moving around the strips reorders their FX in the FX browser. I think Ableton's implementation is brilliant- do you think stripper could replicate this?

-option to pass through all keyboard shortcut data

-duplicate tracks and strips: duplicate a track on the TCP and have the strips and settings copy over to the newly duplicated track.

-start stripper without left bar or top bar
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #3292
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Hi Leon, hope all is well. Just catching up to the progress now! Things are looking and working great for me on the latest version. Also cheers for putting in a donate link and letting us support, I just did.

A while back you asked for reminders on feature requests, here's my big ones:

- a replication of Ableton Live's "detail view" functionality: drag strips and snapshots from the media explorer into stripper, snapping their position to any adjacent strip. Moving around the strips reorders their FX in the FX browser. I think Ableton's implementation is brilliant- do you think stripper could replicate this?

-option to pass through all keyboard shortcut data

-duplicate tracks and strips: duplicate a track on the TCP and have the strips and settings copy over to the newly duplicated track.

-start stripper without left bar or top bar
Hey Arthur,

Many thanks for the donation - much appreciated!

I'll look into the 'detail' view stuff. There's no reason why strips cannot be reordered/snapped etc (in fact you can reorder fx already - but I can't remember the shortcut off top of my head!)

But - due to the varying sizes of different strips - the algorithm to do this will be pretty complex - so I cannot promise quite how it would turn out. But will look into when I get the chance.

I don't think it's possible to drag anything into an open script window without some clever hacking (if possible at all) - but I will do some more research to see if I've missed something.

Passing through keyboard commands also - amazingly - is not really possible - without coding each actual key command through to the target window using actions etc. I've looked into this quite a bit and I don't think there is yet an API to pass through key presses to another window.

Maybe something clever can be done with AHK - I've had success doing some things with AHK that weren't possible directly in Reascript - but it of course requires windows.

I'm going to work on duplicating - but it may be difficult for the script to tell if you've done some duplicating within the reaper tcp or mcp. I'll see what I can do here.

Pretty sure you can start Stripper without left and top bars... In settings there is the option - hide edit bar in new projects...
Old 06-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #3293
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
But - due to the varying sizes of different strips - the algorithm to do this will be pretty complex - so I cannot promise quite how it would turn out. But will look into when I get the chance.
Thanks for taking a look! I had a thought about this, what about a type of control that's an invisible "snap to this edge" ?

Quote:
I don't think it's possible to drag anything into an open script window without some clever hacking (if possible at all) - but I will do some more research to see if I've missed something.
Do you know if someone has FR'd this to Cockos? Actions on drag & drop in general and with scripts would be huge.

Quote:
I'm going to work on duplicating - but it may be difficult for the script to tell if you've done some duplicating within the reaper tcp or mcp. I'll see what I can do here.
Great, thanks. Would a separate script (that we would incorporate into our duplicate track actions) that notifies stripper to duplicate itself onto the newly created track be possible?

Quote:
Pretty sure you can start Stripper without left and top bars... In settings there is the option - hide edit bar in new projects...
Weird, my top bar isn't showing up at all now and I can't seem to get it to show with the right click menu.

Also, another FR: access and edit plugins on the input FX chain. For things like transpose, beat repeat, arpeggiator, etc.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #3294
lb0

Quote:

Weird, my top bar isn't showing up at all now and I can't seem to get it to show with the right click menu.
have you tried keyboard shortcuts [ or ] - these should open close top/side bars.

I'll look into the other things you've said.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #3295
lb0

Quote:
Thanks for taking a look! I had a thought about this, what about a type of control that's an invisible "snap to this edge" ?
I have to say the strip switchers work a bit like this - you can add a strip and it snaps into the container. It's not invisible - but you can assign any graphic to it to make it less conspicuous.

If you were to create a default strip with several carefully placed switchers, and were careful that all your strips were of a certain size - then it would get part way to your request.

But at the moment swapping the strips around and reordering fx would not be possible using the switchers.

I'll keep thinking about a more specific solution.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #3296
lb0

New update.

Features a page overview. Use ` key (next to 1 and above tab) to go into (from LIVE MODE or STRIP EDIT mode.

This is first stage towards allowing for fx plugins to be dragged around with strips (ie. up and down the order depending on where the strip is on the page).

At the moment - no fx plugins get moved. Just the strips. It only works with dragged in Strips at the moment - I don't think it will be possible to make it work with single controls.

There are some main settings for this. Autosnap tick box - enables fixing newly dragged in strips position to last in chain.

Row height - this is the row height to determine where to place strips that might need to go on a new row. Should be set to the vertical size of the tallest strip you make. But really for all this to work nicely - you'll need to set your own sensible standards regarding size of your strips. If intend to use this with very tall strips (that are also wide) - you're not going to fit many on the page.

Best probably to make all strips similar in height (much like in abletons fx bar at the bottom).

item gap min and max - gap size to separate strips with. make same to ensure fixed gap between all adjacent strips on same row. If max is bigger than min - then you'll get wider spacing depending on amount of free space. No idea what will happen if you set max < min

That's it really - in the strip layout view - you can select and drag strips about. Left click drag switches strips position with another strip when dragged onto it - thus reordering them on the screen. Right-click drag moves them left or right within the current slot.

It's not perfect - but works pretty well for me.

Double-click zooms back into selected strip, or onto part of grid that is clicked on (if no strip is there).

So the plan is to allow you to shift the strips about and have the plugins follow suit. This is easy enough to do via the track chunk data - but won't be very efficient - as it seems changing the order of the chunk data actually forces each plugin's that is in a different position to reinstantiate - thus takes much more time than simply dragging in the reaper MCP. But I know of no other way to do this, and have done some fairly extensive research into it. For many plugins this will be fine - but some - like Nebula - will be sloooow...

Anyway - it will all be optional - and what's been added is also optional.

Be aware - that moving any strip while in the new Strip Layout view will align all current strips on the page. Also any controls not part of a strip - will simply remain where they are - possibly obscured by (or obscuring) a strip that's moved location.

Best only to drag about if you have no random controls on the strip.

I plan to add the ability to simply select any controls and make a strip out of them (without having to actually save a strip). This might neaten things a bit.

As usual - please report any bugs back to me I've probably not managed to test every possible thing yet...
Old 07-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #3297
timbralzoom

sounds good.. installed already but.. did i understand even a bit?
absolutely no

How about a simple video demonstration?
Old 07-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #3298
lb0

Quote:
sounds good.. installed already but.. did i understand even a bit?
absolutely no

How about a simple video demonstration?
No time right now - but try adding several strips to a page.

Then press ` button (next to 1 and above tab on my keyboard).

Try dragging the strips about... Change to Strip edit mode - add some more strips - I'm sure you'll see what it's about.

Tweak new settings to ensure row height is big enough...

EDIT:

Alright then... v quick example

Last edited by lb0; 07-01-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #3299
timbralzoom

Quote:
No time right now - but try adding several strips to a page.

Then press ` button (next to 1 and above tab on my keyboard).

Try dragging the strips about... Change to Strip edit mode - add some more strips - I'm sure you'll see what it's about.

Tweak new settings to ensure row height is big enough...

EDIT:

Alright then... v quick example

ah! Thank you!

i think its just because of my keyboard has no ( ` ) character (copied from yours )
tried also almost every key combo no luck.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #3300
lb0

Quote:
ah! Thank you!

i think its just because of my keyboard has no ( ` ) character (copied from yours )
tried also almost every key combo no luck.
aha that might be problematic then - new update uses Tab. Surely everyone has a Tab key
Old 07-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #3301
timbralzoom

Quote:
aha that might be problematic then - new update uses Tab. Surely everyone has a Tab key
yep, now i have it
Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #3302
timbralzoom

Hi,

FIRST NOTE:
this is not error report / bug report / fix request...
i have exactly 160 Stripper backups so i have kind a time machine to go back any previous version when i need..
just in case want to let you know ... might be helpful at some point...
if its simply just because of backward compatibility = please just ignore.
anyway...

tried to open some of the old projects
i think Stripper was saving data in the Reaper project back then...
because there is no Folders
also no current twins (*.LBXSTRIPPER , *.LBXSTRIPPER__ files)
project loads fine but i get this error while Stripper window opening
(load screen freezes at loading Metalite stage)

LBX Stripper.lua:6301: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'edge')

second error message from the project that has a Folder for the Stripper files
opening project and Stripper is fine ..when i click to Statistic i get:

LBX Stripper.lua:19216: attempt to get length of a nil value (field '?')

after crash opening stripper window and continue to work is ok.

EDIT:

-might be useful to have Snapshot sync morph 64, 128 ?
-wouldn't be nice if we have same morph progress bar in Subsets (extra snapshot list windows) ?

just realized while morphing progress we can take a new snapshots!

morning fun, a little messy but anyway..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgO6zX-LHDg

Nothing important / urgent!

as always
Thank you so much!

EDIT2:

shift move snapshots
gives badstring if you do not touch any of the snapshots and restart stripper error goes.. but if you click to a snapshot:

LBX Stripper.lua:38600: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'morph_time')

when click to snapshot morph division button:
LBX Stripper.lua:29029: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'morph_syncv')

nothing urgent!

morph vol2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvL...ature=youtu.be

EDIT3:

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-05-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #3303
ThrashJazzAssassin

Just thought I'd share my toolbar icon

LBXstripper.png
Old 07-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #3304
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Just thought I'd share my toolbar icon

Attachment 31384
Thanks!

new fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1cY...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
about the Automatically Bypass snapshot morphing for the controls that assigned to Faders
i think also if we can manually define this bypass in right click menu of the controls (or in the inspector)
such as program change, transpose parameters etc. would really useful.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-07-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #3305
Underoath77

Default Am i correct??

So from what I am gathering ...
I can control any plug-in...while making a Custom GUI for that plug-in?
Background,faders,switches,meters, knobs...

Am I correct?
Underoath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #3306
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath77 View Post
So from what I am gathering ...
I can control any plug-in...while making a Custom GUI for that plug-in?
Background,faders,switches,meters, knobs...

Am I correct?
% 100

+
replied in youtube but just in case here is my Controls&Backgrounds if you want to use
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068
Old 07-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #3307
Underoath77

Default Wow

Quote:
% 100

+
replied in youtube but just in case here is my Controls&Backgrounds if you want to use
So any Plugin GUI on earth I can recreate....???

Can I control virtual instruments? Or positive grid Bias?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #3308
RJHollins

ANY plugin that exposes its' parameters can be controlled by LBX.

AND, you can have many plugins accessible from you GUI design.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #3309
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

finally an explanation with better English.. Thanks RJ!
and just in case the "exposes" means
the parameters that you can see in the Reaper's Envelope / Automation list

and one more fun:
Snapshots Live Keyboard sequencing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9z6...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
new take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-u...ature=youtu.be

EDIT2
last take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqX3...ature=youtu.be

& grandma's hifi

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-09-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #3310
Underoath77

Default So...

Quote:

Exposed its parameters? Meaning I can see it on the screen? I was hoping to make a custom themed controller for Positive Grid amp Sims or Kontakt . Their VST format so that should work?

It's got multiple Windows...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apr15_LNU_BIAS-FX-combo-pic_WEB.jpg (63.3 KB, 238 views)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #3311
Underoath77

Default Hmmm

Quote:

Quote:
finally an explanation with better English.. Thanks RJ!
and just in case the "exposes" means
the parameters that you can see in the Reaper's Envelope / Automation list

and one more fun:
Snapshots Live Keyboard sequencing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9z6...ature=youtu.be
We can literally make new GUIs with this....its a GUI maker for Vsts....
I hope you don't discontinue this soon.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:37 AM   #3312
timbralzoom

shared strip file of the project (videos above)
this is Midi only version, uses insertpizhere's great Free midi plugins and a JS
(JS Midi Tools II SC my mod...and also REABANK file included)

EDIT:
update ..
some graphic tweaks & new more shaky Monitors
please download and replace it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...W9aRF9yNkhHOGs

controls & graphics updated <--- also updated (upd2)

& one more... trying to use sequencer Mega Baby for FADER modulation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMC2...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-10-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: controls & graphics update
Old 07-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #3313
kawa_

wow! Cool GUI!! I will try to that.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:55 AM   #3314
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa_ View Post
wow! Cool GUI!! I will try to that.
i glad you like it !
please re download i just updated..
have fun!

EDIT:
want to share thing that i just discover...

i was trying to use Faders as modulators as you may know
works great so far!
but there was a bummer...
when you also want to sequence the snapshots from keyboard
if there is a few (3 or more) Faders assigned as modulator,
triggering Snapshots from keyboard was almost impossible due to very slow and random responses

...till now

Here is what i found
two Faderbox
Faderbox 1:
is for modulating... all 32 sliders assigned to midi CC's 1 to 32
here is the trick:
i changed Reaper's default Modulation/Midi Link Buss 1 to Buss 2 and default Channel Omni to Ch2 for all 32 sliders!
(probably just changing the Bus would fine but anyway)
Faderbox 2:
as it is: no assignment...just for keyboard sequencing

and Happy End!

hope it helps someone / someday!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-10-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: FADER ASSIGNMENT
Old 07-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #3315
Underoath77

Does this take any coding knowledge? Limitations from other plugin GUI functionalities???

Quote:
i glad you like it !
please re download i just updated..
have fun!

EDIT:
want to share thing that i just discover...

i was trying to use Faders as modulators as you may know
works great so far!
but there was a bummer...
when you also want to sequence the snapshots from keyboard
if there is a few (3 or more) Faders assigned as modulator,
triggering Snapshots from keyboard was almost impossible due to very slow and random responses

...till now

Here is what i found
two Faderbox
Faderbox 1:
is for modulating... all 32 sliders assigned to midi CC's 1 to 32
here is the trick:
i changed Reaper's default Modulation/Midi Link Buss 1 to Buss 2 and default Channel Omni to Ch2 for all 32 sliders!
(probably just changing the Bus would fine but anyway)
Faderbox 2:
as it is: no assignment...just for keyboard sequencing

and Happy End!

hope it helps someone / someday!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #3316
timbralzoom

Quote:
Does this take any coding knowledge? Limitations from other plugin GUI functionalities???
Absolutely no! just relax

EDIT:
here is what i was talking about...
modulators & keyboard sequencing works like magic now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7E...ature=youtu.be

EDIT2:

having fun with the graphics

shared strip file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...jZvMTVMNm5CWmM

Last edited by timbralzoom; 07-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #3317
Underoath77

Sorry. Pc is broke, just don't wanna build this thing up so big in my head and be disappointed.

Quote:
Absolutely no! just relax

EDIT:
here is what i was talking about...
modulators & keyboard sequencing works like magic now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7E...ature=youtu.be

EDIT2:

having fun with the graphics

shared strip file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...jZvMTVMNm5CWmM
Old 07-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #3318
Arthur McArthur

Looks great Leon, thanks! This is an awesome step towards rearranging. I'm wondering if it's possible to define certain areas/graphics/controls within strips as draggable and be able to drag them around in the main view, without hitting tab. This would be closer to Ableton's functionality. Not a big deal, but would save going into the extra dialog to move things around.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #3319
timbralzoom

Quote:
Sorry. Pc is broke, just don't wanna build this thing up so big in my head and be disappointed.
what do you mean?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #3320
Underoath77

Quote:
what do you mean?
I have it in my head that this thing will let me remake any Plugin GUI ....and that it is all cut and paste with no coding...

Is it really that easy??? Even light meters work? If you remade a plugin on YouTube I think that would help people a lot. Maybe a Waves or UAD plugin? Or Acustica? Just to show the potential?