Old 02-28-2024, 04:28 AM   #201
MrHans
Human being with feelings

Default bugs or my fault?

Hello LBX Teams,

thanks for this already great tool! I like that it's only using Reaper components so it's very easy to use this with Linux as well. This is great because CSI and drivenBy Moss and lots of other extensions are not working on Linux.

I struggled first a bit with setting up X-Touch to get it in XCTL mode (need to hold select of the first channel while powering on, maybe add this in the manual for the people not reading Behringer manual ) and getting all the MIDI stuff with feedback working, but now it's pretty stable.

I have some issues where I'm not sure if I found bugs or made config mistakes so maybe you can help me out...

I did everything on the Track main layer just to find out what's available before using all the powerful layering stuff. I will attach you my map preset where I adjusted for tracks 1-8 volume, pan, record, and fader bank +/- 8.
(I added .txt to be able to upload it )

Encoders Reset
Moving rotary encoder slowly everything works, but moving a rotary encoder faster results in a sudden jump of the value to 0 (in my case 100% L, I configured panning).

Changing resolution back to 512 made it better but the behavior still was there (but you could turn faster till the reset kicks in).

Suddenly Turning on Buttons When Saving
I realized sometimes, when I saved a change, suddenly buttons on the X-Touch began to light up. Pressing them would make them turn off again, but it seems like there is something going on with the MIDI communication.

Display + Track Offset: (I guess Scribble Script) Not Following a Track Offset
I configured the Fader bank button to SK TRACK OFFSET +/- 8. By using the fader bank button, faders are switching as expected, but scribble scripts of faders 1-3 do not. You have to start moving the fader to trigger the update of these displays. (display 4-8 worked fine).
I reinstalled sk2 --> same result
try to changed to dirrefent faders , just assiged 3 faders eg. -->still result.
seems to be hard wired to faders display 1-3

Same result with Track Offset +/- 1.

Display + Print Value Off Not Working?
I set print value off, but still values on the display are printed while moving the fader (volume) or rotary switch (pan). And the name of the moved fader is printed permanently. Have I made a mistake?

The display is showing, e.g.:
5 Vol / git default (with setting print value off)
5 Vol / xy dB when I'm moving the fader
5 git / what I would expect with setting print value off
5 git / dB what I would expect with setting print value on

(or plugin parameter name / value in plugin mode)

Maybe here some more adjustments added to print value:
Print value first line (track name / track parameter)

Ideas to make assignments faster:
Keyboard shortcuts link, e.g.:
a = apply
c = copy
v = paste

Auto mode: you are automatically jumping to the next fader,
it would be useful to make a button like "auto mode" for auto-incrementing the track offset, too.
as well as keeping all old adjustments (like monitor value, which track parameter...)

Another idea would be to make a button to copy all the adjustments done for track 1 and paste them to tracks 2-8. (Of course with changing track offset)
This will save a lot of time for building the basic mix template where you want to have the same function on every track in your project.

Thanks a lot!
Hans
Attached Files
File Type: txt VolumneFaders+banks.smtemp.txt (10.9 KB, 5 views)
MrHans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:09 AM   #202
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHans View Post
Hello LBX Teams,

thanks for this already great tool! I like that it's only using Reaper components so it's very easy to use this with Linux as well. This is great because CSI and drivenBy Moss and lots of other extensions are not working on Linux.

I struggled first a bit with setting up X-Touch to get it in XCTL mode (need to hold select of the first channel while powering on, maybe add this in the manual for the people not reading Behringer manual ) and getting all the MIDI stuff with feedback working, but now it's pretty stable.

I have some issues where I'm not sure if I found bugs or made config mistakes so maybe you can help me out...

I did everything on the Track main layer just to find out what's available before using all the powerful layering stuff. I will attach you my map preset where I adjusted for tracks 1-8 volume, pan, record, and fader bank +/- 8.
(I added .txt to be able to upload it )

Encoders Reset
Moving rotary encoder slowly everything works, but moving a rotary encoder faster results in a sudden jump of the value to 0 (in my case 100% L, I configured panning).

Changing resolution back to 512 made it better but the behavior still was there (but you could turn faster till the reset kicks in).
Hmmm - it's hard to know what's going on here - without seeing the MIDI messages received from the XTouch when the problem occurs. This would help to rule out issues with the encoder messages received.

Quote:
Suddenly Turning on Buttons When Saving
I realized sometimes, when I saved a change, suddenly buttons on the X-Touch began to light up. Pressing them would make them turn off again, but it seems like there is something going on with the MIDI communication.
I've not seen this behavior before when saving. Monitoring the midi being sent to the XTouch would see if any messages have been sent to the XTouch.

Quote:

Display + Track Offset: (I guess Scribble Script) Not Following a Track Offset
I configured the Fader bank button to SK TRACK OFFSET +/- 8. By using the fader bank button, faders are switching as expected, but scribble scripts of faders 1-3 do not. You have to start moving the fader to trigger the update of these displays. (display 4-8 worked fine).
I reinstalled sk2 --> same result
try to changed to dirrefent faders , just assiged 3 faders eg. -->still result.
seems to be hard wired to faders display 1-3

Same result with Track Offset +/- 1.
Hard to say what's going on here exactly. The scribble strips take a lot of bandwidth - so it's possible your midi interface is overloaded - which can cause weird issues like this - could I ask what midi interface you have between your XTouch and computer. Otherwise - it could be an issue with the setup/control map - which control map are you using?

Quote:

Display + Print Value Off Not Working?
I set print value off, but still values on the display are printed while moving the fader (volume) or rotary switch (pan). And the name of the moved fader is printed permanently. Have I made a mistake?

The display is showing, e.g.:
5 Vol / git default (with setting print value off)
5 Vol / xy dB when I'm moving the fader
5 git / what I would expect with setting print value off
5 git / dB what I would expect with setting print value on

(or plugin parameter name / value in plugin mode)

Maybe here some more adjustments added to print value:
Print value first line (track name / track parameter)
I think you misunderstand what the Print Value function is for. This has nothing to do with the scribble strips/displays. It is meant as a quick function to punch in a default MIDI/parameter value at the edit cursor on the selected track - directly to the timeline (as MIDI item or envelope point).

Sounds like you don't want the parameter values showing up in the scribble strips? This is possible by disabling the *Keep Values on Scribble Strips* option (available through INTERNAL assignments), and in the FB button right-click menu - untick the *Feedback values to scribble strip* option.

Quote:

Ideas to make assignments faster:
Keyboard shortcuts link, e.g.:
a = apply
c = copy
v = paste

Auto mode: you are automatically jumping to the next fader,
it would be useful to make a button like "auto mode" for auto-incrementing the track offset, too.
as well as keeping all old adjustments (like monitor value, which track parameter...)

Another idea would be to make a button to copy all the adjustments done for track 1 and paste them to tracks 2-8. (Of course with changing track offset)
This will save a lot of time for building the basic mix template where you want to have the same function on every track in your project.
Thanks - I'll discuss these with the rest of the team

Quote:

Thanks a lot!
Hans
You're welcome, but to get to the bottom of some of your issues - it would be helpful to have additional information (like MIDI data sent to/received by the XTouch, screenshots of how SK2 is set up etc).

We have a discord support group - where it is much easier to provide support than this forum - as it's easy to attach screenshots, gifs and files. The attachment limitations on this forum are too restrictive.

I also release all the beta updates on discord (although usually in the main thread so you have to search a bit - I need to create a separate thread for releases really).

The discord link is in the first post of this thread if you wish to join.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:13 AM   #203
MrHans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
We have a discord support group - where it is much easier to provide support than this forum - as it's easy to attach screenshots, gifs and files. The attachment limitations on this forum are too restrictive.

I also release all the beta updates on discord (although usually in the main thread so you have to search a bit - I need to create a separate thread for releases really).

The discord link is in the first post of this thread if you wish to join.
I'm not able to join...

I tryed with that link: https://discord.com/invite/RnBQe4gFm3
It says "unable to accept invite, exiper or I do not have the permission"...

Last edited by MrHans; 02-28-2024 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:50 AM   #204
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHans View Post
I'm not able to join...

I tryed with that link: https://discord.com/invite/RnBQe4gFm3
It says "unable to accept invite, exiper or I do not have the permission"...
Hmmm ok. Not sure what's wrong with that invite - it still says it's active.

Can you try this one? https://discord.gg/ZwucbnA4Eu
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:33 AM   #205
MrHans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hmmm ok. Not sure what's wrong with that invite - it still says it's active.

Can you try this one? https://discord.gg/ZwucbnA4Eu
sure!

now its saying:
login or password are invalid, but I double checked it with copy paste a login from https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us, where its possible.
I have created the account an hour ago maybe server sync? but this is weird.
I stuck in Endless captchas...
same for Desktop version as in browser.

Greetings
Hans

Last edited by MrHans; 02-28-2024 at 04:16 PM.