Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #4401
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazysonic View Post
nm, It worked fine as soon as I moved everything from the LBX folder to the resources subfolder. I probably just mis-read the install process, but it's working now, thanks to you.
Glad it's all working ok now Thanks for letting me know.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #4402
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ah ok! Thanks for explanation..
i will activate the second one if i get any problem with scripts..
i guess

EDIT:
i was messing with RS5K control, found 3 mini bugs (i believe all related to graphic stuff)
simple video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...-TDPboMiV4j_85
RS5K keyboard graphics glitch should be gone in latest version. Not had time to look into the other issues yet.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #4403
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
RS5K keyboard graphics glitch should be gone in latest version. Not had time to look into the other issues yet.
yes i can confirm no graphic glitch anymore..
Thank you!
&
-motto-
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 AM   #4404
lb0

Quote:
yes i can confirm no graphic glitch anymore..
Thank you!
&
-motto-
Other glitches should be fixed now.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #4405
Arthur McArthur

Is there currently a way we can copy snapshots and strip switchers between tracks/strips? My dilemma is this: I have a "template" strip set up with about 50 plugins (mostly offline), 800ish controls spread between 10 strip switchers and 100ish Snapshot Sets. I want to insert the template strip on 20 tracks but have them all controlled from one "master" track . Copying them from the individual tracks to the master track works for the visible controls, but I don't have access to all of the complex snapshot setups and strip switches that I've set up in the template. Doing them all manually x20 would be prohibitively Sisyphean. Is there a way to copy/merge them?

Edit: also I'm getting a

...wner\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:50076: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

When trying to save the strip that has the copied controls on it: https://imgur.com/a/vQHUd

I'll shoot over the sharestrip

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 01-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #4406
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Is there currently a way we can copy snapshots and strip switchers between tracks/strips? My dilemma is this: I have a "template" strip set up with about 50 plugins (mostly offline), 800ish controls spread between 10 strip switchers and 100ish Snapshot Sets. I want to insert the template strip on 20 tracks but have them all controlled from one "master" track . Copying them from the individual tracks to the master track works for the visible controls, but I don't have access to all of the complex snapshot setups and strip switches that I've set up in the template. Doing them all manually x20 would be prohibitively Sisyphean. Is there a way to copy/merge them?

Edit: also I'm getting a

...wner\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:50076: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

When trying to save the strip that has the copied controls on it: https://imgur.com/a/vQHUd

I'll shoot over the sharestrip
Currently - the snapshots cannot be transferred between strips. I'll look into making it possible - but it will involve a lot of translations as control targets will have changed.

The reason why I've not tackled this yet is because there's nothing in place to ensure you have copied all the controls across - therefore - if controls are missing from the target page - all sorts of things could get messed up - causing potential crashes and certainly incorrect snapshot recall. It's a world of pain from a data coherence point of view.

Another way to do it would be to provide links to the original snapshot data (ie. one strip having access to and processing another strips snapshots and controls). This would involve rewriting all the snapshot routines to allow for this. This would have the benefit of avoiding lots of duplicate data. EDIT: Actually - no - I've decided this solution is a no go as it's simply too much to rework everything (Snapshots/XY/Morphing/Randomize/Advance Randomize/Snapshot window - simply everything would need reworking).

I'll have to sit and think about this somewhat and the best way to try and solve this. I'm thinking simply duplicating and converting the data is probably the easiest solution of the two (EDIT - definitely) - but either way I will need to write quite a bit of code to ensure everything maps correctly to everything else, so it may take some time to get it right.

The error you are getting is precisely because of this issue. The randomize controls that you are duplicating across strips are tied to the snapshots (which aren't being duplicated). The error is being caused by the snapshot data not being available in that strip and the script not checking properly (trying to index snapshot data which doesn't exist).

The quick fix would be not to allow the randomize buttons to be copied (like snapshot controls and snapshot data aren't) - but this won't solve your problem. :|

I've got a couple of really long days at work tomorrow and thursday - and then it's my Dad's and eldest son's birthdays this weekend - so I'm not going to be able to look into it until next week at the earliest. Hope this doesn't cause you too much inconvenience.

Last edited by lb0; 01-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #4407
Arthur McArthur

That makes perfect sense now. Since this seems like a big rewrite for a specific case, perhaps an easier workaround would be to offer a "Reassign selected strip's controls to strip on selected track" function: similar to reassign plugins, but it reassigns an entire strip's controls (including if possible macros, switchers, etc.) to an exact duplicate strip on the selected track. So I could load 20 instances of the strip on the master track, then load 1 instance on each of the 20 individual tracks, then reassign the strips x20 and delete the plugin FX from the master track. Would that be easier than rewriting the whole snapshot code?

The great thing about Stripper is that whenever I hit a wall, another interesting door opens and I'm heading down another rabbit hole for days on end. So no inconvenience at all about the timing, sounds like you've got a lot going on! Allow me to invoke timbral's motto here: "nothing urgent!"
Old 01-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #4408
lb0

Quote:
That makes perfect sense now. Since this seems like a big rewrite for a specific case, perhaps an easier workaround would be to offer a "Reassign selected strip's controls to strip on selected track" function: similar to reassign plugins, but it reassigns an entire strip's controls (including if possible macros, switchers, etc.) to an exact duplicate strip on the selected track. So I could load 20 instances of the strip on the master track, then load 1 instance on each of the 20 individual tracks, then reassign the strips x20 and delete the plugin FX from the master track. Would that be easier than rewriting the whole snapshot code?

The great thing about Stripper is that whenever I hit a wall, another interesting door opens and I'm heading down another rabbit hole for days on end. So no inconvenience at all about the timing, sounds like you've got a lot going on! Allow me to invoke timbral's motto here: "nothing urgent!"
That's an interesting take on things - I'll think some more on it - but that might be an easier solution. Will look into more deeply next week, and thanks for understanding

This is the problem with keeping the system as open-ended as possible - there's always something I've not covered - would be very useful - but no straight-forward solution as it is...

It would probably be much easier to allow a strip to be inserted and just to skip adding the fx (obviously as an option!) - then add some sort of semi-automatic parameter linking between strip controls and the target fx plugins. Or even to somehow specify a different track on which to place the fx plugins when the strip is inserted.

Needs more thought but sounds easier to do in the short-term.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #4409
Arthur McArthur

Well, laziness is my forte so I'm glad that it might be leveraged to make an easier approach to the problem! Good luck with all of the real-life stuff this week and as always, thanks for looking into this!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #4410
lb0

Quote:
Well, laziness is my forte so I'm glad that it might be leveraged to make an easier approach to the problem! Good luck with all of the real-life stuff this week and as always, thanks for looking into this!

Well - it's all real life - just some things sometimes take a higher priority or I suffer as a result!!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #4411
Arthur McArthur

Haha- I hear that! I'm just glad my wife hasn't left me after I spend all day with Strippers!
Old 01-17-2018, 02:35 AM   #4412
lb0

Quote:
Haha- I hear that! I'm just glad my wife hasn't left me after I spend all day with Strippers!
haha!!

Dunno if this completely solves your problem but have done a quick update.

When adding a strip - if you hold down Alt key (only tested in Strip edit mode - dragging in - but should work through favs menu etc) - it will ask you what track number you wish to place the plugins on...

So this will work for you if you do not require the controls on each separate track as well as the main control track. If you require two sets of identical controls (one on the main control track and one on each separate track itself) - then this won't do it.

Only had time to do very quick tests - so please forgive me if you find it doesn't work in certain cases or crashes. I won't have any more time to fix it today - nor likely tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #4413
Arthur McArthur

Wow! I can't believe you turned this around so quickly. That was the shortest week ever!! Eventually in an ideal solution, yes, I'd like to have strips on both tracks, but this is perfect to get me up and running and testing the strips together. Btw, my alt key closes the right-click menu (for whatever reason) so not working with favorites currently- but no big deal- it's working great when loading from "strip mode" and I am a happy man!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #4414
lb0

Quote:
Wow! I can't believe you turned this around so quickly. That was the shortest week ever!! Eventually in an ideal solution, yes, I'd like to have strips on both tracks, but this is perfect to get me up and running and testing the strips together. Btw, my alt key closes the right-click menu (for whatever reason) so not working with favorites currently- but no big deal- it's working great when loading from "strip mode" and I am a happy man!
Choose the strip in favs - then hold Alt when clicking to position it. Works for me
Old 01-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #4415
Arthur McArthur

Ahh- works for me too! Thanks!
Old 01-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #4416
lb0

Quote:
Ahh- works for me too! Thanks!
No worries - the reason I found time to do it this morning was that it was probably less than 20 lines of code to get it working like this (thanks for the idea!!). My suggested solutions last night would take much more coding.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #4417
timbralzoom

WOW! that's magical! .. me love
Old 01-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #4418
lb0

Quote:
WOW! that's magical! .. me love
Old 01-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #4419
lb0

I've finally put the code for the LBX Stripper windows updater in the github.

Hopefully this will work for those of you that want to use it. I have only been able to test it on Windows 64bit systems - as I don't have a 32bit install to test on. The libraries were compiled on a 64 bit system - but I think they were compiled using a 32 bit compiler so should still work ok on 32 bit systems.

Eventually I still plan to look into adding to ReaPack - but my brief trials before Christmas using a simpler script (FX Positioner) didn't go too well (worked briefly then stopped working) - so still need to look further into that.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #4420
Spurk

Quote:
I've finally put the code for the LBX Stripper windows updater in the github.

Hopefully this will work for those of you that want to use it. I have only been able to test it on Windows 64bit systems - as I don't have a 32bit install to test on. The libraries were compiled on a 64 bit system - but I think they were compiled using a 32 bit compiler so should still work ok on 32 bit systems.

Eventually I still plan to look into adding to ReaPack - but my brief trials before Christmas using a simpler script (FX Positioner) didn't go too well (worked briefly then stopped working) - so still need to look further into that.
Hey, very handy! It seems to work.
cheers
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:45 AM   #4421
focusrite

Hoping I might get help here:

I've created an action shortcut "L" to open lbx stripper

I also created a shortcut "K" to close stripper

Reascript: Close all running reascripts

The close action shortcut doesn't work when pressing "K" but it will execute when using the mouse to run the command.

am I doing something wrong?
focusrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:56 AM   #4422
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusrite View Post
Hoping I might get help here:

I've created an action shortcut "L" to open lbx stripper

I also created a shortcut "K" to close stripper

Reascript: Close all running reascripts

The close action shortcut doesn't work when pressing "K" but it will execute when using the mouse to run the command.

am I doing something wrong?
Stripper is probably taking the keyboard focus away. You've just gotta get the focus rite Try clicking in arrange before using the shortcut.

I've been playing around with using AutoHotkey for this exact purpose, here's a template script to send "K" through to REAPER's main window:

#IfWinActive, ahk_class REAPERwnd
K::
ControlSend ,, {K} ,, REAPER
return
#IfWinActive

Works pretty well, except if you're trying to type something into the media explorer. I haven't figured out how to make that bit work, it will execute the "K" action if you try to type in "Kick" for example
Old 01-24-2018, 02:03 AM   #4423
focusrite

Quote:
Stripper is probably taking the keyboard focus away. You've just gotta get the focus rite Try clicking in arrange before using the shortcut.

I've been playing around with using AutoHotkey for this exact purpose, here's a template script to send "K" through to REAPER's main window:

return
#IfWinActive

Works pretty well, except if you're trying to type something into the media explorer. I haven't figured out how to make that bit work, it will execute the "K" action if you try to type in "Kick" for example
Ah thanks, thought I was going mad.

Never used heard of autohotkey, but I'm thinking it might work using the : key instead of K to avoid the problem you mention. I'll give it a go.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:13 AM   #4424
lb0

Quote:
Ah thanks, thought I was going mad.

Never used heard of autohotkey, but I'm thinking it might work using the : key instead of K to avoid the problem you mention. I'll give it a go.
As long as you're on Windows - There is no Mac version (although don't know if there might be an equivalent).

But if you're on Windows - AHK is awesome! I use it to remove windows titlebar and borders from Reaper to maximize screen real-estate. I've also had success making Stripper properly full-screen - although don't currently have a spare monitor to dedicate solely to Stripper myself (I know of at least one person who does).
Old 01-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #4425
focusrite

Quote:

return
#IfWinActive

Unfortunately after compiling and running the script it won't work for me.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #4426
lb0

update:

New strip browser for live mode:

Press 0 to open/close. Can be docked across top or right side.

Unfortunately it's a manual process to get the images to look like the strip - but it's pretty simple. Screen grab the strip - crop - then save in the strip folder where the relevant strip is stored and save it under the same name but with a .png extension (must be .png or script won't pick it up).

Eg: FreqEcho.strip would have a thumbnail called FreqEcho.png in the same folder. It can be any dimensions - the browser will automatically resize the images. You may wish to reduce the size as it will make loading the images quicker - but in my tests I've not bothered and it runs fine (no noticeable loading times for the images).

mousewheel to scroll the pages if they don't fit in the window. Will add more options soon if required.

Shift+mousewheel over the browser to change the thumbnail size.

In normal strip mode - you can drag them across from the browser. In gallery mode you can double-click to auto add it.

Still a work in progress but working ok so far here.

Oh - and the image will be saved with a sharestrip file - so importing a sharestrip that has the thumbnail image will automatically have the associated thumbnail.

Of course - you can put any image in the thumbnails - it's just a picture that gets shown for that strip in the browser.

I've made a bit of a hash of the resizing (so many factors for docked windows) - but it pretty much works as intended.

I added this because I found when working on a mix I didn't want to keep switching to strip mode to add new strips - and the right-click menu was annoying to me.

Let me know of any bugs.

You will need to get the resources and alt-skins zip files again - or the default image for strips without a thumbnail does strange things

Last edited by lb0; 01-24-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #4427
lb0

Quote:
Unfortunately after compiling and running the script it won't work for me.
Hopefully Arthur might be able to help - but if not I'll try and take a look when I get some time. I'm wondering whether the Reaper window is being correctly identified...
Old 01-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #4428
timbralzoom

Beautifulissimo!

no problem so far will test more..
to me also creating images manually not a big deal
just a few simple click and copy paste..
Thank you so much!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 AM   #4429
ThrashJazzAssassin

Just tried your updater and it doesn't seem to work if its path contains a space. I could remove the space but scared that it will break other things.

Quote:
C:\Users\ThrashJazz\Google Drive\REAPER64\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater>cmd. exe /K C:\Users\ThrashJazz\Google Drive\REAPER64\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\/lua.exe C:\Users\ThrashJazz\Google Drive\REAPER64\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\/lbx_updater.lua ""
'C:\Users\ThrashJazz\Google' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:00 AM   #4430
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Just tried your updater and it doesn't seem to work if its path contains a space. I could remove the space but scared that it will break other things.
Thanks for report - will fix
Old 01-25-2018, 06:23 AM   #4431
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Ok - think I fixed it. Forgotten how much of a pain batch scripting can be.

But - you'll need to manually download the latest stripper and WinUpdater zipfile before the fix will work.

Even after that's done - you can still run the updater to see if it works.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #4432
Spurk

Hey,

Maybe there is no need and I can't find it otherwise is it possible for you to implement an "About LBX" option/windows in order to see if the update went well? If there is no version (I think it's the case) maybe a time signature like the Github one could be enough.
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #4433
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurk View Post
Hey,

Maybe there is no need and I can't find it otherwise is it possible for you to implement an "About LBX" option/windows in order to see if the update went well? If there is no version (I think it's the case) maybe a time signature like the Github one could be enough.
I completely agree - but unless I can work out an automatic way of increasing the version number - I will keep forgetting which will render it useless!!

Will see if I can come up with something...
Old 01-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #4434
rluka

Hi
The update feature is a really good idea. Lately, this hasnt worked.
A desktop shortcut was created and it doesnt update.
Running Win10/64bit The updater folder is in the resources folder
It stops here:

Thanks for all your hard work...lots of great new features
Ron L
Old 01-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #4435
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluka View Post
Hi
The update feature is a really good idea. Lately, this hasnt worked.
A desktop shortcut was created and it doesnt update.
Running Win10/64bit The updater folder is in the resources folder
It stops here:

Thanks for all your hard work...lots of great new features
Ron L
Have you tried the update I just released? (need to download the new WinUpdater.zip) as well as LBXStripper.lua manually first.

The reason it wasn't working was to do with the way the windows shell copes with spaces in folder names and the command line.

Hopefully the latest version will work now - I'm awaiting confirmation from TJA who pointed this out to me earlier.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #4436
rluka

Downloaded new updater and LBX Stripper.lua

This comes up when updated from the shortcut:
The cmd window stays open...is this correct?

When updated from the settings menus this comes up.
Its a blank project with only one track and no effects.

Hope this helps
Ron L

Last edited by rluka; 01-25-2018 at 11:55 AM.
rluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #4437
lb0

Quote:

This comes up when updated from the shortcut:
The cmd window stays open...is this correct?

Hope this helps
Ron L
ah - ok thanks - I have worked a little more to make sure the window disappears - but only from Settings menu. The bat file always stays open no matter what I've tried. Will upload new version of Stripper with the fix when I've ironed out a few other issues I've found.

EDIT:

hmmm - seems the cd command didn't work also...
Old 01-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #4438
lb0

Quote:

Hope this helps
Ron L
Hi Ron,

Ok - another try... this works ok for me - but I'm working on the same drive - whereas you seem to be on another drive - so I've added a command to switch to the correct drive first... see if this works.

Can you please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT - only need to get the new Stripper.lua file for this fix. the WinUpdater.zip file hasn't changed since earlier today.

Last edited by lb0; 01-25-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #4439
lb0

Still a few things to tidy up with the new strip browser - so latest version doesn't line things up perfectly when >1 row of strip thumbnails...

working on it...
Old 01-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #4440
rluka

Quote:
Hi Ron,

Ok - another try... this works ok for me - but I'm working on the same drive - whereas you seem to be on another drive - so I've added a command to switch to the correct drive first... see if this works.

Can you please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT - only need to get the new Stripper.lua file for this fix. the WinUpdater.zip file hasn't changed since earlier today.
Thanks...that does work now (Goes directly to the LBX folder) when the update is run from the settings menu and the cmd window closes.