Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
RDBOIS
Banned

Default Can someone please record a small piano intro track?

Hello.

I'm working on a new song and I recorded an acoustic guitar for the introduction. But, my inner ear, and the arranger side of me is hearing a piano.

While I have VSTis that could be MIDI'd into a "piano" sound, I would much prefer a real piano. You know.

Can someone please record a small piano intro track for my song?

I will add some soft vocals to it and maybe a mellotron flute.

The piano can be a stereo recording because it will be the main instrument (I can also make it mono later if I need).

I provided an audio clip of the acoustic guitar. The guitar is 90% picking on string at a time, but the piano shouldn't be played that way. It would sound soooo much better if the left hand was providing bass note in chords and/or arpeggio'd accompaniment - or a mix of both?

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3Q...ew?usp=sharing

I leave it up you to arrange the piano. Perhaps you can record two or three version - some simple, more busy in the low end, and one very creative?

The lyrics will come in on the second part of the intro - so perhaps keep that part less busy - room for the vocal. Ok?

Ohhhh, one last thing - all I can do at this time is recognize your work and add your name to the artist roll.

Please NO vsti or midi - the real thing with no or very little processing.

Thank you.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
soundchaser59
Human being with feelings

Figured it might be a while before someone with a real grand piano mic'd up comes along, so I took the liberty of just messing around with this intro thing. My apologies, I don't have a real grand piano I can mic, this is just an example I put up after messing with your clip for 20-30 minutes. This is a plugin called Pianoteq. I had a little too much coffee tonight, so I jammed a bit....Maybe this will spark some ideas in others who can help with a real piano......

Reaper RDBOIS Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Hello.

I'm working on a new song and I recorded an acoustic guitar for the introduction. But, my inner ear, and the arranger side of me is hearing a piano.

While I have VSTis that could be MIDI'd into a "piano" sound, I would much prefer a real piano. You know.

Can someone please record a small piano intro track for my song?

I will add some soft vocals to it and maybe a mellotron flute.

The piano can be a stereo recording because it will be the main instrument (I can also make it mono later if I need).

I provided an audio clip of the acoustic guitar. The guitar is 90% picking on string at a time, but the piano shouldn't be played that way. It would sound soooo much better if the left hand was providing bass note in chords and/or arpeggio'd accompaniment - or a mix of both?

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3Q...ew?usp=sharing

I leave it up you to arrange the piano. Perhaps you can record two or three version - some simple, more busy in the low end, and one very creative?

The lyrics will come in on the second part of the intro - so perhaps keep that part less busy - room for the vocal. Ok?

Ohhhh, one last thing - all I can do at this time is recognize your work and add your name to the artist roll.

Please NO vsti or midi - the real thing with no or very little processing.

Thank you.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser59 View Post
Figured it might be a while before someone with a real grand piano mic'd up comes along, so I took the liberty of just messing around with this intro thing. My apologies, I don't have a real grand piano I can mic, this is just an example I put up after messing with your clip for 20-30 minutes. This is a plugin called Pianoteq. I had a little too much coffee tonight, so I jammed a bit....Maybe this will spark some ideas in others who can help with a real piano......

Reaper RDBOIS Test
Hey I just saw this post - for some reason it didn't pop up.

Nicely done!

Can you please send me the track - piano only?

I'd like to mix it - try a few things.

Cheers
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
soundchaser59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Hey I just saw this post - for some reason it didn't pop up.

Nicely done!

Can you please send me the track - piano only?

I'd like to mix it - try a few things.

Cheers
I'll check tonight to see if I can find it.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
soundchaser59

sent you a pm with a link to the wav file.