Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #1
Azzar
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper devs: Can the webserver be made to allow cross origin access on localhost?

I'm playing around with the newly released Stream Deck SDK, and am trying to make a Stream Deck plugin that allows sending and receiving actions and data via the web browser interface.

This works ok for sending actions from the Stream Deck, but for receiving data - in this case a GET/EXTSTATE/key/value request - I run into problems because of the servers cross-origin policy. I get this error:
"No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource"

The problem is basically that the Stream Deck runs the plugin on it's own webserver - that is also on localhost, but on a different port.

Can anything be done to allow these kind of requests? Just allowing XMLHttRequests from all ports on localhost would be great and, I think, not much of a security issue?
Azzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Opening something on all ports is always a security issue.

But if I could choose, which ports shall be used by a webserver-instance to limit that, maximize it would be a cool idea.

BTW: this is a Feature-Request, so should be added into the appropriate sub-forum.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Azzar

Yeah, I was unsure of where to put this. Should I make a new thread in the feature request forum or is there a way of getting the thread moved? Sorry for being a n00b here

I agree that a configurable port(range) would probably be the best way to solve it.
And it would be super cool to be able to build a remote that works on a Stream Deck.
Azzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Yes, it's probably the best to open another one, as not everyone interested in this feature might be an active developer browsing this subforum, but rather the Feature-Request forum, adding their own 2cents to your idea.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote