Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-31-2023, 11:51 AM   #1
danielneumann
Human being with feelings

Default Region or Marker Action for Shuffle Play

Hi there,

I'm looking to for a way to randomize playback of certain parts in Reaper. I installed and tried using SWS Region Playlist. It even has a function in the menu called "Shuffle playlist items", yet when I have that checked it will only loop the first region, nothing else. Are there certain settings in Reaper I would have to change in order to make this work? Or are there other ways to do this - Marker actions, scripts, etc.?

The project I would be using this for is a multi-channel installation to which material gets added over time. The installation plays for 8 hours a day, and new materials should just weave into the fabric without me having to compose a certain order over 8h, or loop. I know how to do this in Max/MSP, but I would love to avoid the extra step of having the render every new recording, reformatting it into a 16-ch file and then importing it into Max. I'm editing and doing everything in Reaper, so I'm hoping to find a way to make this happen (reliably).

Thanks for any insight!
Daniel
danielneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
manymanyhaha

Was just searching around for something similar and this is the first post I came across. Did you ever find an answer?

Edit: Actually, just tested the Shuffle Playlist Items you mentioned and it is shuffling.

Last edited by manymanyhaha; 12-13-2023 at 04:38 PM.
manymanyhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 01:41 PM   #3
danielneumann

Hi! Yea, hadn't tried it in a minute, I'll try it now with Reaper 7.. but otherwise there hadn't been any further responses to this topic..
danielneumann is offline   Reply With Quote