Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
daft
Human being with feelings

Default Live!!

Have to be honest and say that I tried Live the last couple of days and its pretty damn interesting. If I had the dosh I would have Live, Reaper and Reason. What I liked was that you can chuck in a song that might not be steady in its tempo, ie from the olde days, and it still finds all the beats! 'kin mind blowin feature. I guess you could do that in Reaper, just a bit of effort needed. Well I have a vague idea but not sure exactly how you would do it.

I put in James Brown I'm Black I'm Proud in Reaper and spent ages trying to get the tempo and match the beats. But as I say I think the tempo changes.

What Live does is warps the damn thing so its all one tempo. Im sure i can do that in reason, but how?

Am I a masochist?
daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Gerry G

Default None

Yes and a sadist to our ears. The true beauty of music is those small imperfections and how close we get to divinity without death.
Gerry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
ARP

I have Ableton 8, I have serious issues with the sound quality of imported samples, I'm not the only one to notice this either. They really need to fix this, it's a big no no for Ableton for me, I just use it for it's effects, and making tracks on-board, but importing stuff is a real pain, warping just makes things worse.

ARP.
ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #4
daft

cheers. Well I kinda got the James Brown to match a beat in Reaper. Had to split it about 15 times and totally skip the end bit. I guess stuff like that is never a constant rhythmn.

Im not saying theres anything wrong with the original, but if you wanna do dance music you have to have it all lined up.

Probably would have chopped it up anyway.

Cheers for the info about Ableton, hadnt noticed that, but probably wont bother as it would be mainly imported samples I was using
daft is offline   Reply With Quote