Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 05-27-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
gandsnut
Human being with feelings

Default Trying to config a Launchpad MINI button for action

Hello: My new Novation Launchpad MINI MK3 appears correctly set up in Reaper. When I try to test out triggering an action with a LP pad, the MIDI CC option is greyed -out. Whether I config the LP with a CC message of MIDI note, I can't seem to get that set up in the dialog (image attached). Any suggestion? Thx.
Attached Images
File Type: png screencap1.png (26.1 KB, 229 views)
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
When I try to test out triggering an action with a LP pad, the MIDI CC option is greyed -out.
Just to clarify: did you already try pressing a LP pad in the MIDI/Keyboard/OSC Input window?

If I remember correctly, the MIDI CC options are greyed out by default when assigning a shortcut. And are only available for MIDI controls with an absolute/relative mode (like faders or encoders) - after they have been assigned to an Action.

In case the LP is set up as MIDI Device under Preferences > Audio > MIDI Devices: make sure that both [ENABLED + CONTROL] is activated for the LP MIDI Input.
Otherwise, can you post a screenshot of how the LP is currently set up in Reaper?
Old 05-30-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
gandsnut

Default [SOLVED]

Well, I'm not sure what I .... DID, but the Launchpad looks to be now able to trigger 2 custom actions I created - to increase/decrease all track heights.

I took 3 screen captures, then tried to assign a LP pad to an action, and the pad's code was inserted into the dialog. I'm not bothered at this point what the LP sent was a sysex (?) code for a drum note, because if that works, I can set up some custom sysex codes on a 'user' config on the LP. At least Reaper sensed pad activity.

(I had to .ZIP the captures to allow upload.)

Thanks for the comments. For those interested, you can check out my OSX setup in the .ZIP file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip three_screen_captures.zip (934.1 KB, 193 views)
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote