Old 09-20-2018, 01:37 AM   #1321
todd_r
Human being with feelings

also, the the pre-fx button doesn't seem to do anything for me, am I missing something?
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #1322
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
also, the the pre-fx button doesn't seem to do anything for me, am I missing something?
pre-fx button creates another EBUR128 meter. So you have the normal meter for the audio output of the track and another for the audio before the plugins in the track. Then you can compare if your processing with the plugins is affecting the loudness or not.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #1323
Gianfini

Hi Heda... I have a little suggestion.

When I tag tracks and then decide to mute or hide or solo etc. it works fine. But when I click again intead than returning to the previous state it simply un-hide, un-mute, un-solo all tagged tracks

It should instead remember the previous state and get back how it was...

What do you think?

g

EDIT: with mute it seems to work (e.g. returning to previous state). Hide and Solo don't
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #1324
Ideosound

Was there ever a solution to the:

"Attempt to compare number with nil" error that some of us were experiencing? I've literally had to stop using VIP track inspector because it happens too often. I think it seemed to be a mac only issue? I've screen recorded what happens if its any use?
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #1325
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
EDIT: with mute it seems to work (e.g. returning to previous state). Hide and Solo don't
Maybe soloing is more temporary thing, but your are righ. Restoring hide at least would be a good idea.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #1326
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Was there ever a solution to the:

"Attempt to compare number with nil" error that some of us were experiencing? I've literally had to stop using VIP track inspector because it happens too often. I think it seemed to be a mac only issue? I've screen recorded what happens if its any use?
Maybe you can send the video and your track inspector configuration file so I can test it a bit. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #1327
emwhy

Hi HeDa, I'm still getting this error when I replicate a track with the inspector enabled:

?:-1: attempt to index a nil value (field 'Tags')

Win 7 64 bit (also happens with 32 bit) Reaper 5.95
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #1328
todd_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
pre-fx button creates another EBUR128 meter. So you have the normal meter for the audio output of the track and another for the audio before the plugins in the track. Then you can compare if your processing with the plugins is affecting the loudness or not.
I think there was something up with DPMeter, I reinstalled 2+3 and its all working
Old 09-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #1329
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
Hi HeDa, I'm still getting this error when I replicate a track with the inspector enabled:

?:-1: attempt to index a nil value (field 'Tags')

Win 7 64 bit (also happens with 32 bit) Reaper 5.95
I've tried to fix it properly now. Thanks!

* v1.4pre59 (2018-09-23)
# fix duplicating Track when there are no tags to copy
Old 09-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #1330
todd_r

Quote:
I think there was something up with DPMeter, I reinstalled 2+3 and its all working
Nope, stopped working again :/

Also I have a problem when project tabs are enabled, sometimes the top of the gui disappears up under the tab like this...

Attached Images
File Type: png Top.PNG (5.1 KB, 616 views)
Old 09-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #1331
todd_r

https://imgur.com/a/mkF47Mh

Also I get peaks/lines shooting up past the meters through the whole GUI like the above.

Also, FR When you pick a random colour, can it be reflected on the track inspector GUI and not just the track

Last edited by todd_r; 09-23-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #1332
heda

Quote:
Nope, stopped working again :/

Also I have a problem when project tabs are enabled, sometimes the top of the gui disappears up under the tab like this...

I am not understanding this image... it doesn't seem to be a tabs problem. Dockers don't intersect with the tabs space. It seems just that the inspector doesn't fit in the space and you need to scroll it up and down by dragging.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #1333
heda

Quote:
https://imgur.com/a/mkF47Mh

Also I get peaks/lines shooting up past the meters through the whole GUI like the above.

Also, FR When you pick a random colour, can it be reflected on the track inspector GUI and not just the track
you are using the default EBU+9 scale. click on that button and it can cycle on different scales... you may need the full scale that goes up to +0.0. But I see your peaks going to +8... You may want to lower all the tracks volume a bit

I don't know what do you mean when you pick a random colour. And what do you mean by "reflected in the track inspector GUI"?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #1334
Gianfini

Quote:
Maybe soloing is more temporary thing, but your are righ. Restoring hide at least would be a good idea.
And since you are at it.. What about possibility to Create tags from track colors (same colored tracks to become TAGS), and create tag from NAME track (where NAME is part of track name) so that in a snap I can make a tag out of all my GUIT tracks whether they are named Left Guit, Chorus Guit, Clean Guit etc.

just ideas

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #1335
emwhy

I've tried to fix it properly now. Thanks!

* v1.4pre59 (2018-09-23)
# fix duplicating Track when there are no tags to copy

Thank you HeDa!!! It's fixed I appreciate the effort.

Quick question for you smart computer guys....what do they mean by "tags"? I haven't done any programming since the 80s so I'm clueless.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:56 AM   #1336
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
what do they mean by "tags"?
Tags are like a category that you assign to the track. So you can , for example, give all the percussion tracks a Percussion tag, so you can show/hide them all with one button, or select them, mute/solo etc. Just an example.
OTher ideas for tags... auxiliary tracks, sends tracks, vca tracks, Instrumental tracks, vocal tracks, whatever you need.
Tracks can have multiple tags too.. for example Percussion, and Instrumental. There is an option also to color tracks by tag, in case there are multiple tags, only the main tag is used.
I don't know if I explained it well.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:00 AM   #1337
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
And since you are at it.. What about possibility to Create tags from track colors (same colored tracks to become TAGS), and create tag from NAME track (where NAME is part of track name) so that in a snap I can make a tag out of all my GUIT tracks whether they are named Left Guit, Chorus Guit, Clean Guit etc.

just ideas

g
thanks for the ideas. This would be good. But also the opposite: add suffixes or prefixes to the track name with the tag. Color tracks by tag is already there in the tags panel menu.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #1338
emwhy

OK now I get it with tags. I use a lot of aux sends for effects to keep CPU usage down, and I also use a lot of track folders on bigger projects.

Thanks again for the update!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #1339
Ideosound

Quote:
Maybe you can send the video and your track inspector configuration file so I can test it a bit. Thanks!
I've sent you an email, many thanks for anything you might be able to do about it!

Cheers
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:50 AM   #1340
Miul

Default Inspector

Hi Heda,

I really love the inspector you made. Very well needed.

There is something I don't quite understand about tags, which were the main reasons I installed it and therefore I went straight to them.

Sometimes I want to edit some tracks against others, so, in this song I'm working out I selected all the keys track and applied the tag "keys". On 2 tracks only, I also added the tag "rhythm Keys" as I wanted to edit them next to the bass although, if I select the tag "rhythm Keys" I cannot see any track while I can only see them with the first tag "Keys". Is it supposed to work like this? And if so, why you can apply more than 1 tag per track? I guess more likely I am making something wrong.
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:28 AM   #1341
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miul View Post
Hi Heda,

I really love the inspector you made. Very well needed.

There is something I don't quite understand about tags, which were the main reasons I installed it and therefore I went straight to them.

Sometimes I want to edit some tracks against others, so, in this song I'm working out I selected all the keys track and applied the tag "keys". On 2 tracks only, I also added the tag "rhythm Keys" as I wanted to edit them next to the bass although, if I select the tag "rhythm Keys" I cannot see any track while I can only see them with the first tag "Keys". Is it supposed to work like this? And if so, why you can apply more than 1 tag per track? I guess more likely I am making something wrong.
Try this. Turn off visibility in TCP or MCP for the Keys tag.
This will hide all the tracks that have Keys tag, including the rhythm Keys tracks which also have Keys tag. Now right click TCP or MCP visibility using right mouse button click for the rhythm Keys tag. This way, the button is set to blue indicating that it will be visible if any of the tag is found when there are more than one tag in the track, even when the other tags visibility are set to off. I hope I make sense.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #1342
Miul

Quote:
Try this. Turn off visibility in TCP or MCP for the Keys tag.
This will hide all the tracks that have Keys tag, including the rhythm Keys tracks which also have Keys tag. Now right click TCP or MCP visibility using right mouse button click for the rhythm Keys tag. This way, the button is set to blue indicating that it will be visible if any of the tag is found when there are more than one tag in the track, even when the other tags visibility are set to off. I hope I make sense.
It works, Great!
Thank you for your help!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #1343
Miul

Default EBUR128 mistake

Hi Heda,

When loading the TI I always receive this error message

Error. EBUR128 plugin not found in Monitor FX Chain.
In order to display the meters on the master track, you need to manually insert the plugins in your monitor FX Chain.
There is a FX Chain included in the script that will be installed in the FX Chains folder. Search for the file: Track Inspector Monitor FX.RfxChain. This chain includes the Track Inspector plugin for RMS, waveform and peaks, and the dpmeter2 plugin for EBUR128 meter......

In fact I have the EBUR128 on the channel master. It only happens once at loading. There is something I'm doing wrong or something to avoid this message to appear? Honestly I don't even care much about those metering.

Cheers
Mauro
Old 10-12-2018, 01:02 AM   #1344
heda

Quote:
In fact I have the EBUR128 on the channel master. It only happens once at loading. There is something I'm doing wrong or something to avoid this message to appear? Honestly I don't even care much about those metering.

Cheers
Mauro

load "Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter3.RfxChain" in your monitorFX chain. That is not the master track. You only have to do this once. MonitorFX is the same for all projects. To open Monitor FX chain, go to menu: "View / Monitor FX"

also, I have to correct that message, it has to be dpmeter3 now, not dpmeter2. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #1345
Miul

Quote:
load "Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter3.RfxChain" in your monitorFX chain. That is not the master track. You only have to do this once. MonitorFX is the same for all projects. To open Monitor FX chain, go to menu: "View / Monitor FX"

also, I have to correct that message, it has to be dpmeter3 now, not dpmeter2. Thanks!
Thank you so much Heda.

I really didn't know such thing existed!
Old 10-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #1346
Miul

Default Floating tags

Hi Heda,

Would it be possible to have the tags window floating?
It takes a lot of spaces (basically you loose the fader) and furthermore they are not even track related so, in my opinion, it makes much more sense having them as a floating windows that can be open or closed with an action.

Cheers
Old 10-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #1347
heda

Quote:
Hi Heda,

Would it be possible to have the tags window floating?
It takes a lot of spaces (basically you loose the fader) and furthermore they are not even track related so, in my opinion, it makes much more sense having them as a floating windows that can be open or closed with an action.

Cheers
You can make the meter panel bigger, dragging it up.
You can also collapse the tags panel. clicking on the name of the panels collapses/expands the panel.
You can also create a new instance of Track Inspector that can be floated, and displays only the tags panel and then you could also hide the tags panel in the normal instance. I could make a tutorial on how to do that.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #1348
8zero

Default Problem...

Hi heda,

I recently downloaded the latest Track Inspector VIP,
(I have to say ive never used it before)

So I dont know if im doing something essentially wrong, but ive installed dpmeter3 (ive also tried dpmeter2), the vst3 version, installed TI and started the Script (HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua) but it doesnt seem to work...

First of all it doesnt notice any track selection. I can switch tracks as i want theres always written 'Select a track'. Only if i select a track and then start the script again, it will regognize this one.
Now if i change the track again it seems to stay on the old one, but some functions like coloring, muting, soloing are effecting the current selected. Also the 'show/hide envelopes' button will only show the envelopes but not hiding it again.

I dont think this is how it supposed to work?

So hopefully u can help out

Greetings

Oh and im using win10 64x and the latest reaper version, if that matters...
8zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:35 AM   #1349
Miul

Quote:
You can make the meter panel bigger, dragging it up.
You can also collapse the tags panel. clicking on the name of the panels collapses/expands the panel.
You can also create a new instance of Track Inspector that can be floated, and displays only the tags panel and then you could also hide the tags panel in the normal instance. I could make a tutorial on how to do that.
Very well thought Heda!

Only problem, not little, it keeps crashing and sending this error message: ?:-1: attempt to compare number with nil

Could you translate it for an analphabet programmer?

Cheers
Old 10-18-2018, 05:10 AM   #1350
heda

Quote:
Very well thought Heda!

Only problem, not little, it keeps crashing and sending this error message: ?:-1: attempt to compare number with nil

Could you translate it for an analphabet programmer?

Cheers
Does it happen randomly or when you do something in particular? Do you have windows or OSX?
Old 10-18-2018, 05:13 AM   #1351
_Stevie_

Got the same issue on OSX. It happens, when I execute the script.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:13 AM   #1352
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8zero View Post
Hi heda,

I recently downloaded the latest Track Inspector VIP,
(I have to say ive never used it before)

So I dont know if im doing something essentially wrong, but ive installed dpmeter3 (ive also tried dpmeter2), the vst3 version, installed TI and started the Script (HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua) but it doesnt seem to work...

First of all it doesnt notice any track selection. I can switch tracks as i want theres always written 'Select a track'. Only if i select a track and then start the script again, it will regognize this one.
Now if i change the track again it seems to stay on the old one, but some functions like coloring, muting, soloing are effecting the current selected. Also the 'show/hide envelopes' button will only show the envelopes but not hiding it again.

I dont think this is how it supposed to work?

So hopefully u can help out

Greetings

Oh and im using win10 64x and the latest reaper version, if that matters...
no idea...sorry. it should work. Make sure track is selected in the undo options in preferences/general.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #1353
Miul

Quote:
Does it happen randomly or when you do something in particular? Do you have windows or OSX?
I couldn' t match it with any specific operation. I would say randomly but consistently, like every 10-15 minutes
Old 10-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #1354
Miul

Actually I can only tell you that the crashes increases a lot when I have two instances open (I guess that is pretty normal). If you remember, I am following your suggestion of having one window open with all functions on and another with tags only.
Now, when I am in this situation and it crashes, the crash only happens to the full setting docked one, while the other one with tags keeps working (might this give you a clue?).

The problem is that when I reopen a new instance it opens with the only tags setting and I have to reset and dock it every single time.

Because of this, I thought about something that might be implemented, if not existing yet.
It would be nice, regardless of the crash, being able to save some custom settings, for instance in my case I would save a "full setting" a "most used" one and a "tags only" one. That might be handy regardless of crashes.

Also, I would like to suggest you the possibility to implement solo /mute for the tag presets.

Cheers
Mauro
Old 11-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #1355
Gerry P

Default SOLVED: TI_VIP master track details not showing

Can the Track Inspector VIP (Not Track Inspector Master VIP) v1.3pre17 show details of the Master Track?

When I select the Master Track, no detail appears in the Track Inspector. All other tracks are fine.

I can't find dpMeter2 but installed dpMeter3 and inserted in the Master Track Fx bin after inserting Track Inspector Monitor FX.RfxChain. (dpmeter2 not available)

Get an error message:

The following effects were in the loaded chain but are not available.
Master: Track_Inspector dpmeter2

Update: updated to v1.4pre59

Error now reads:
Error setting sync in dpmeter3. Maybe you need to install dpmeter3.

It was installed as a VST3 in the Common Files\vst3

SOLVED: Got it working by checking "View / Monitor FX" which you had posted further up in this thread.

Last edited by Gerry P; 11-02-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Gerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #1356
Miul

Default Crashes

Is nobody else experiencing those continuos crashes as I do?

I'm on mac high sierra
Old 11-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #1357
Gerry P

Although on Win10-64, I did get a few serious crashes when setting up TI ... but hasn't occurred since then... I do see the odd glitch (yesterday, Master meter wasn't displaying until I stopped transport and selected a few different tracks ... then, all was fine again).
Old 11-10-2018, 01:57 AM   #1358
Miul

Hi Heda,

Why did you disappear?
I think you created the best inspector you can imagine on a daw, and mostly for reaper it fills some unbearable gaps.
But, on my computer, and it seems also in others, crashes so bad that I cannot use it.

Please, let us know if you're working on it, if you discover the cause of it, as I really rely on your inspector with reaper.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #1359
heda

Quote:
Hi Heda,

Why did you disappear?
I think you created the best inspector you can imagine on a daw, and mostly for reaper it fills some unbearable gaps.
But, on my computer, and it seems also in others, crashes so bad that I cannot use it.

Please, let us know if you're working on it, if you discover the cause of it, as I really rely on your inspector with reaper.
I'm still here... it is just that life is complicated sometimes

I would suggest you to uninstall track inspector and reinstall it again. Now, if you start Track Inspector again while it is running, it asks if you want to terminate or create new instance, you have to click terminate.
If you want a new instance you have to run a different lua action, there are two extra ones included by default
"HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating.lua" and "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating_2.lua"
you can use this HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating_2.lua for the one showing only the tags panel.

I'm releasing an update later today with an option to hide presets and tag options (non specific to the track)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #1360
heda

* v1.4pre60 (2018-11-19)
+ Tags panel option: Show presets and tag options

Small update to hide tags list from the tags panel. Can be useful to hide it from main instance if you always use tags in another instance.

If it crashes please let me know the exact crash error and will fix it as soon as possible. Crashes shouldn't happen but at this point there are so many options and variables that is difficult for me to test everything, so please report the crash. Thanks!