Pisi
Human being with feelings

Default what about GR meters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisi View Post
I'm on WIN10. This last release works!!
I'm hands now.
thanks!!
A mate of this forum posted some info on the Acustica Audio FB page regarding a super-cool way to get gain reduction meters on the Strip. I didn't manage to find the info, is there a way to retrieve it?
Pisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:46 AM   #5322
lb0

Quote:
A mate of this forum posted some info on the Acustica Audio FB page regarding a super-cool way to get gain reduction meters on the Strip. I didn't manage to find the info, is there a way to retrieve it?
I'm not aware of this - interesting though - but not entirely sure how a gain reduction meter can be created without using additional plugins monitoring the gain before and after the Acustica plugin - but these would have to try and work out any volume disparities caused by gain staging (eg input/output/make up gain) in the Acustica plugin - to be remotely accurate.

Ideally - all plugins should make meter values available via (read only) automation

Would be interested to find out more...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:48 AM   #5323
lb0

Quote:
I'm on WIN10. This last release works!!
I'm hands now.
thanks!!
Glad you got it working

The dropboxed version I downloaded straight from Github - so I think something odd was happening with your github download...
Old 08-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #5324
timbralzoom

i love the new List logic!
but seems first one in the list always get ignored/lost (because of "FAVS" fixed place ?)
tried via removing last 3 folders temporarily but result didn't changed.

as always -motto-
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #5325
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i love the new List logic!
but seems first one in the list always get ignored/lost (because of "FAVS" fixed place ?)
tried via removing last 3 folders temporarily but result didn't changed.

as always -motto-
Aah - good spot. I have a bunch of random folders with random strips on my dev laptop towards the top and handn't noticed one of them missing off...

Will fix - but in the middle of a major bugfix for next release - so maybe for now create a dummy folder 00-dummy or whatever that will push the 01 folder visible...
Old 08-29-2018, 03:59 AM   #5326
ThrashJazzAssassin

Any idea why my right click menu look like this?

It's been like this for months. Only on my desktop. My laptop, which has exactly the same portable Reaper install, has the normal menu
Old 08-29-2018, 04:29 AM   #5327
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Any idea why my right click menu look like this?

It's been like this for months. Only on my desktop. My laptop, which has exactly the same portable Reaper install, has the normal menu
Hmmm... Well - it seems like the MIDI folder is not being terminated by a <, thus subsequent folders appear inside it.

No idea what's causing this off the top of my head - but will look into when I have a mo!
Old 09-02-2018, 03:34 AM   #5328
NextLevel

lb0,

Regarding this post, https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=5032

I was wondering if you ever looked into implementing this?
In addition, it would also be nice to be able to control some of the functions of the Snapshots dialog such as loop, loop direction, pause, transition curve type, and transition time.

Another little request that would be nice.., ability for the Snapshot trans. time to update in real time while loop is engaged. The way it is now., is that if loop is engaged and you change the trans.time you have to click on a snapshot in order for the new trans.time to take effect.

Thank you
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #5329
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
lb0,

Regarding this post, https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=5032

I was wondering if you ever looked into implementing this?
In addition, it would also be nice to be able to control some of the functions of the Snapshots dialog such as loop, loop direction, pause, transition curve type, and transition time.

Another little request that would be nice.., ability for the Snapshot trans. time to update in real time while loop is engaged. The way it is now., is that if loop is engaged and you change the trans.time you have to click on a snapshot in order for the new trans.time to take effect.

Thank you
Hi NextLevel,

Sorry - these things fell off my radar - I do sometimes need little reminders about things

I'm currently working on a new 'mix mode' which is going to be a pretty big addition, and is taking some time (as I keep thinking of ways to improve it), but will try to add your requests, if not alongside, soon afterwards.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #5330
NextLevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi NextLevel,

Sorry - these things fell off my radar - I do sometimes need little reminders about things

I'm currently working on a new 'mix mode' which is going to be a pretty big addition, and is taking some time (as I keep thinking of ways to improve it), but will try to add your requests, if not alongside, soon afterwards.
Thank you 'mix mode', you have me curious now, care to release any teaser info?
Old 09-03-2018, 04:37 AM   #5331
dasombre

anybody here said "mix mode"?
sounds very intriguing
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 AM   #5332
lb0

Well - here's the plan:

Mix mode is meant to make managing strips/tracks/plugins easier when mixing.

You can simply drag in the strips - and drag them about in order (the plugins on the track follow position in the rack/gallery (plan to make it so plugins can be ordered either vertically or horizontally.

Simply be able to drag in from the strip browser - or choose from dropdown lists to either insert or replace existing strips.

I had a half-arsed attempt at this with the Strip Gallery mode - but it never really did what I wanted. The plan with this is to completely eliminate the need to fiddle in the mixer for plugin related stuff.

I also plan so there is little or no restriction to number of strips on the page (currently page size is 2048*2048 which is not great if you want large GUI strips on a page). This will involve quite a bit of work to organise and get working and as yet this I haven't started on... But I know what needs doing...

I suspect there will be lots of other things to add for mix mode too.

Of course - as always - the current LIVE and EDIT modes will remain exactly as they are. Mix mode will only allow already built strips to be dragged in and visible - so it differs from LIVE mode there - but it's meant to make simply mixing with strips really quick and easy - and strip GUI's grabbable/moveable/replaceable with little or no effort...

But it's still early in development - I have the strips loadable/draggable/replaceable/removeable/combinable and reorderable (lots of 'ables) - and it's such a workflow improvement over LIVE mode when simply mixing using strips you've already put together.

So hopefully that might give you an idea of what I have planned... Just need more time (a lot) to work on it.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #5333
dasombre

aweeesome
sounds really great!

Consider making strips "floatable" maybe when you're at it.
(certain or multiple strips can be undocked from stripper or "floatable" and moved around freely on the screen- for simple usage, not for editing).
Just reminding of an old idea, but fits into the Mix-Mode Concept.

I imagine this is very hard to do, but just wanted to mention because it fits into Mix-mode so it's just more an input from me.

Looking forward to this new feature when ready!
Old 09-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #5334
NextLevel

WOW, that does sound AWESOME!
Old 09-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #5335
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
aweeesome
sounds really great!

Consider making strips "floatable" maybe when you're at it.
(certain or multiple strips can be undocked from stripper or "floatable" and moved around freely on the screen- for simple usage, not for editing).
Just reminding of an old idea, but fits into the Mix-Mode Concept.

I imagine this is very hard to do, but just wanted to mention because it fits into Mix-mode so it's just more an input from me.

Looking forward to this new feature when ready!
I don't think that will be that hard to do... will add to my list... EDIT: but only if kept within the stripper script window. If you meant floating in their own script window - then yeah - a lot more work - but in their own window within Stripper but 'above' the strip page - then doable without too much effort....
Old 09-03-2018, 01:32 PM   #5336
dasombre

Quote:
I don't think that will be that hard to do... will add to my list... EDIT: but only if kept within the stripper script window. If you meant floating in their own script window - then yeah - a lot more work - but in their own window within Stripper but 'above' the strip page - then doable without too much effort....
very cool
But yep, I was talking about freely floating inside of Reaper itself in it's own "play-stripper"-window
Because Inside stripper it's already great is it is.

The point of the idea is, to have multiple strips open, maybe even from different tracks for inter-dependant tweaking
Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #5337
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
very cool
But yep, I was talking about freely floating inside of Reaper itself in it's own "play-stripper"-window
Because Inside stripper it's already great is it is.

The point of the idea is, to have multiple strips open, maybe even from different tracks for inter-dependant tweaking
Well - short answer: I'll think about it for the future - but without the main Stripper script being in a final state of development - it would probably make my life miserable maintaining separate scripts essentially duplicating the same tasks.

Longer in-depth drivel/confession/soul-searching/excuses/admittance of being a little slack at times - and reasons why I may not be able to fulfil this request - certainly for now Not really aimed at you Dasombre - just your request has triggered a general confession maybe, and need to clear my mind a little... I probably should cut this bit but hey ho...

Due to the way I've chosen to structure the code - partly through ignorance of the possibilities - partly inexperience with the tools available - partly for speed of development - (additions sometimes made more than a little haphazardly) - this request is probably not so easy to do. I would need to break out large parts of the code into different modules to avoid having to maintain multiple duplicates of the same code in separate scripts. This is perhaps something I should have done towards the start. At this point that would be a huge amount of effort, restructuring and rewriting code to avoid various shortcuts I've taken advantage of with the script written as it is.

I'm not too afraid to say that any professional coder (including myself) would probably frown a little (or a lot) at some of my code and see it as a *bit* of a mess. This was partly due to the nature of development - the evolution of the different features, many ideas were not there from the beginning which meant fitting them in was perhaps not done in an ideal way. I break many generally accepted good practice 'rules' because I don't want to spend days/weeks/months meticulously planning every change I make so it fits within these rules. I don't really have the time for that!

For me - the fun is adding stuff that people want and keeping everything efficient and stable from a performance point of view, I don't particularly care too much about how neatly the code is written - as this slows down development hugely (this is still a free time project for me). It would be nearly impossible for more than one coder to work on the Stripper script at once - as it's just not designed in a way that this would be feasible.

I have a great understanding of the whole script's structure and design - I know exactly where to go to add new features, and generally where to look to find and fix bugs when they crop up. BUT - it hasn't been written such that *all* new requests and features can be easily added - and I think this is probably one of a bunch of ideas where my chosen development methods will make implementing the idea incredibly difficult.

I certainly have script envy when looking at the neatness of other scripter's scripts on this forum haha. Meticulously commented and laid out. But comments for me - unless explaining something I cannot get from quickly looking at the code itself, seem more of a time waster. But I appreciate that it wouldn't make it easy for anyone else trying to understand my code. Fortunately - and somehow - I have a pretty good memory for certain things - and reading my own code is like reading a book.

I still curse sometimes and wish I'd done various things differently from earlier on in development, but it started as a simple idea which through fantastic contributions and ideas of loads of people on this forum, has grown and evolved in a way I'd not really imagined at the start. But it's been hugely fun and I'll always consider and do my best to please everyone as much as possible

I'm kind of proud at the way it's evolved - even if i'm less proud (almost ashamed sometimes!) of how parts of it have been written. But as long as that's all invisible to anyone using the script - I try not to be so bothered about it. Stability and performance is the main thing - and of course it doing what people want to make their lives easier/fun or however using the script might benefit them!

Wow - I'm clearly in a reflective mood today! with a need to fess up to past indiscretions and perhaps admit I c*cked up somewhere along the line lol!

Bottom line - keep hitting me with new ideas - will do my best to implement them - but it needs to stay fun for me, so until the main strip code is done - and unlikely to change (and therefore I would not end up maintaining multiple copies of the same code) - the thought of breaking out a strip into its own window is not a happy one!!

Phew - confession over - I feel better now
Old 09-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #5338
dasombre

Quote:
...Longer in-depth drivel/confession/soul-searching/excuses/admittance...
totally understandable! thanks for the dark side of your coder's sole
The script itself is amazing and works very stable!
So pad yourself on the back MR!

I for example could not care less about the elegance of the code, but I understand that one wants it neatly coded if you are a coder and know your stuff well.
But I also understand that the creative part in each of us, wants to unleash the creativity in a quick and effective way and not bother with planing or looking more than 2 steps max into the future sometime

Anyways, I hear you MR. and thank you for changing the way we work with plugins in reaper and the amazing possibilities we have now.

I have been using stripper now for over 1.5 years but I am still not using modulators for example, while Timbral I guess is a modulation and snapshot freak

That shows how versatile this thing is, and you have always been quick and willing to help with custom workflows.

So, I'm happy to see what the future holds for stripper and most important: have fun coding and building this piece of great "chaos-code" and we will have fun using it and share the ideas, and some (better to say: most up until now) of those ideas will find it's way into the script.

Looking forward to the stripped-up future
Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #5339
ThrashJazzAssassin

I've peeked at the Stripper code and cannot fathom how it's all possible. It's been an amazing experience witnessing its development.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #5340
grandfougue

[QUOTE=timbralzoom;1988218]Track Template & Basic how to video
let me know if i miss something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR72...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:

there is 4 Fader Box in the template
first 3 Fader box for Stripper FADER(s)
last one, 4th Fader Box for Snapshot sequencing
so you can assign one of them starting from FADER 97.
and
97 accepts midi notes from midi channel 1
98 accepts midi notes from midi channel 2
99 midi channel 3 ... so on

hello
Would you be able to explain with a little more detail than do the other tracks? exactly
thanks
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #5341
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Quote:
Track Template & Basic how to video
let me know if i miss something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR72...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:

there is 4 Fader Box in the template
first 3 Fader box for Stripper FADER(s)
last one, 4th Fader Box for Snapshot sequencing
so you can assign one of them starting from FADER 97.
and
97 accepts midi notes from midi channel 1
98 accepts midi notes from midi channel 2
99 midi channel 3 ... so on

hello
Would you be able to explain with a little more detail than do the other tracks? exactly
thanks

Hi,

"__GLOBAL" track
needs Mr Gandalf The White to explain clearly

"__LBX_CTL" track

this is where the Stripper looks for the message input to control the LBX Controls
(knobs, sliders, buttons that inside the Stripper)
from your hardware via the FADERS

all below is my personal decision

it has
4 instances "LBX-FaderBox(32x)" JS plugins
every instance has 32 FADERS (only 4 of them visible in the plugin GUI so do not get confused)
i assigned (via Parameter Modulation) FADERS of the first 3 instances

LBX-FaderBox(32x) instance (1)
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC1 to
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC32

LBX-FaderBox(32x) instance (2)
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC33 to
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC64

LBX-FaderBox(32x) instance (3)
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC65 to
Midi BUS2 / Midi Channel2 / Midi CC96

4th instance of LBX-FaderBox(32x)
basically it accepts the midi notes to change the Snapshots from BUS1 Channel1
in this LBX-FaderBox(32x) GIU you should see the
"Slider F1 - > F16 Note On Monitor" is selected "Yes"
( this settings "No" in the first 3 faderbox)
means 4th FaderBox will accept midi notes automatically from all 16 midi channels depending to FADER Nr you assigned to your Snapshot list...

in this case:
Fader 97:Midi Ch 1
Fader 98:Midi Ch 2
Fader 112:Midi Ch 16

"__MIDI CCs TO FADERS (BUS2 CH2_CC1--96 TO Fbox 1+2+3)" track
it accepts the midi CC messages from the hardware(s) you use
(just needs select the matched midi input)
and sends (Midi BUS2 Ch2) to the first 3 instances of LBX-FaderBox(32x) in the "__LBX_CTL" track.
---you can record your midi cc automation to this track---

"__SNAPSHOT SEQ (BUS1_NOTES TO Fbox 4)" track
sends (Midi BUS1 Ch1) midi notes to the 4th instance of LBX-FaderBox(32x) in the "__LBX_CTL" track.
---you can record notes to this track to sequence the snapshots---

i hope make sense!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #5342
grandfougue

thanks very nice
Old 09-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #5343
grandfougue

hello would it be possible to use the scrip at the same time SRD Smart control wthih __LBX_SKCTL
Old 09-10-2018, 03:37 AM   #5344
lb0

Quote:
hello would it be possible to use the scrip at the same time SRD Smart control wthih __LBX_SKCTL
The two scripts should happily sit side-by-side. If you mean Stripper using the __LBX_SKCTL track for midi input - then probably not - you would need to have both the __LBX_CTL and __LBX_SKCTL tracks in your project - one for Stripper and one for the Smart Knobs script.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #5345
grandfougue

hello
and if I want to use the parameter modulationn in addition to the automation of snapshots is that I can open other faderbox intance in the other track
Old 09-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #5346
lb0

Quote:
hello
and if I want to use the parameter modulationn in addition to the automation of snapshots is that I can open other faderbox intance in the other track
Hi,

Yes - just create both __LBX_CTL track with Faderbox for Stripper, and __LBX_SKCTL track with Faderbox for Smart Knobs.

Learn parameters of each Faderbox to different external midi controls - then you can automate Snapshots in Stripper - as well as use the Smart Knobs script for parameter automation.

At least I believe it should work ok. Not something I've got round to testing in detail.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #5347
grandfougue

Default js for lbx

thank i understand this template is fun

i have a other question

i search js MUTE note individualy for tja
can you help me ?

and I have HY MPS plugin but the strip d osent find my plugin.
Have you a solution for that ?

Last edited by grandfougue; 09-11-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #5348
lb0

Quote:
hello
i search js MUTE note individualy for tja
can you help me ?
Hi grandfougue,

I'm not sure I understand you fully...

What is the JS Mute note?
Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #5349
timbralzoom

Default MUTE midi notes individually

just checked TJA's Github it wasn't from there..
i have no idea where/when i download .. found in my JS folder

i hope lb0 and TJA wouldn't mind to share here

here it is "MUTE midi notes individually"
Attached Files
File Type: zip MUTE midi notes individually.zip (644 Bytes, 127 views)
Old 09-12-2018, 04:37 AM   #5350
grandfougue

Thank cool
sorry for my englesh

in your template it is possible to add other faderbox in same ctrl track for learing certain paramète from external control surface ?

other question
global mention i m not shure to understand well can you pecise please ?

thank

Last edited by grandfougue; 09-12-2018 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #5351
grandfougue

[QUOTE=timbralzoom;1962103]cool!
&
i am preparing something to upload.. sshhh!! in a half hour..

-motto-

EDIT:

here is the free beasts!

very basic info:

!!important part!!

-- never modify "SeqMegababy nm" pattern if the pattern already in use..
just copy to empty one then modify..
(just in case for copy/duplicate patterns =
click to pattern first that you want to copy for modify .. then press ctrl (PC) and click to empty-target pattern..done..
now you can freely modify this new pattern, and take the new snapshot)
plugins:

HY-SEQ16x3 free
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seq16x3/

download:
rar file has 3 Sharestrip files & megababy note name (optional, copy inTo_ReaperData) and the project in the video
i hope i didn't forget anything..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qI...UtJhpXl8KQucY7

Hello this template is very cool but my HY MPS dont want work with
Can you help me ?

or have you a version for word with

thank
Old 09-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #5352
timbralzoom

Quote:
Thank cool
sorry for my englesh

in your template it is possible to add other faderbox in same ctrl track for learing certain paramète from external control surface ?

other question
global mention i m not shure to understand well can you pecise please ?

thank
i believe you can add many LBX-FaderBox(32x) as you need with no problem.
about your second Question
i think you need to install the "HY-SEQ16x3" free not the HY-MPS free
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seq16x3/
Old 09-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #5353
grandfougue

Thanks but HY mps not fonctionne
Old 09-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #5354
timbralzoom

Quote:
Thanks but HY mps not fonctionne
Hi,
please check your PM.

EDIT:
you are right
there was no Seq16x3 free version download link anymore .. seems only version 2 exist in the site.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #5355
timbralzoom

Hi there!
i can't see the save window/progress bar v0.94.0087
is it normal?
(Reaper 5.95 x64)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:28 AM   #5356
lb0

Quote:
Hi there!
i can't see the save window/progress bar v0.94.0087
is it normal?
(Reaper 5.95 x64)
Just tested - same setup - fine here. Puzzled.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #5357
timbralzoom

Quote:
Just tested - same setup - fine here. Puzzled.
weird,
i just switch back to Reaper 5.90 to test .. seems no problem
& re installed 5.95 its still same

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Q...G-WOL1A351Dcgf

maybe a new settings in somewhere that i missed
anyway,
if i am the only one .. no problem i can live with it!
Old 09-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #5358
lb0

Quote:
weird,
i just switch back to Reaper 5.90 to test .. seems no problem
& re installed 5.95 its still same

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Q...G-WOL1A351Dcgf

maybe a new settings in somewhere that i missed
anyway,
if i am the only one .. no problem i can live with it!
hmmm odd. Well there shouldn't be any Stripper settings which affect it - the messages should always be displayed. I can only think the point where the screen is frozen takes longer so the progress bar is gone before it starts drawing again - but it should really update the bar whilst it's saving.

I haven't tested on any heavy project though... Does it still not show up on a really simple project - with not much in it??
Old 09-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #5359
timbralzoom

when i realize first time it was a simple project and i thought it must be some speed improvement in the latest Reaper 5.95 !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVINPWUc3Ro

i just made a re-test record in the same project
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GJ...sqQJhQtn4aqsIX
Old 09-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #5360
lb0

Quote:
when i realize first time it was a simple project and i thought it must be some speed improvement in the latest Reaper 5.95 !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVINPWUc3Ro

i just made a re-test record in the same project
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GJ...sqQJhQtn4aqsIX
Bizarre - cannot think why that doesn't show but the graphics continues to update! Will have a think!

Was watching your synth drums video a while ago... Very nice...