Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
Rolias
Human being with feelings

Default Volume Meters and Audio Out of Sync

I'm running Reaper64 on OSX10.11.4 It used to work fine but all of sudden my audio and meters are no longer in sync. I hit the space bar and the meters start bouncing right away but the playhead doesn't move until a second later and no audio comes out. Then when the playhead moves the audio is in sync with the playhead but not the meters. This applies to the meter on the track as well as to the master track meter.

I also noticed that if I jump to the beginning of the project, the timer that is centered under the tracks (and above the mixer area) starts running right away with a negative sign. Originally it was pretty short now it starts and says -3.xxx and visually it then looks like the meters are about 3 seconds off of what the playhead shows. As I hit the "go to start of project" button I can get the time to change but I can never get things in sync.

I must admit I've been messing around trying to create a VST plug-in for Reaper so I can't be sure I didn't mess something up. I did try deleting Reaper and the folder at ~/Libary/Application Support/Reaper. I also cleaned out the ~/Libary/Audio/Plug-ins folder. Nothing worked.

Is it possible I just tweaked a setting without knowing it? Any other suggestions for trying to get Reaper back to ground zero?

Short (17 second) video of the odd behavior. http://www.screencast.com/t/XXt4a9HM

UPDATE: I couldn't figure it out so I just restored my system from a backup. Gotta love Time Machine.

Last edited by Rolias; 04-20-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added link to video
Rolias is offline   Reply With Quote