Old 04-27-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
Codesound
Human being with feelings

Default 4 requests for improve Reaper

Hi,
I try to use your Reaper5.40_x64 Demo version in Windows10 x64 and I found some requests for improvement your DAW:
(I hope I do not say things already required by other users or already added)

- It's possible to add the "Show automation Tracks used" button/option to help user to find the automation used in one MIDI/Audio recorded track?
- It's possible to "draw" with one virtual "pencil" the Midi/Audio envelopes or automation curves for improve the "create new point" option?
- In the midi editor you can add "shows ONLY note used" function? (useful to display only the notes used in a melody)
- In the arrangiament view you can add one new function: "Insert empty MIDI clip in the selection" to help user to draw/edit notes in any point of instrument track?

I hope that these feeds can be useful...

thanks for Reaper

R
Codesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
EvilDragon

All of these suggestions are already possible.

Show used automation lanes: use this action "Envelope: Toggle show all active envelopes for tracks", assign it to a key. There you go.

Draw with pencil: Ctrl+drag on an envelope by default gives you freehand drawing. You can change this in Preferences->Editing Behavior->Mouse modifiers to fit your workflow.

Show only notes used in MIDI editor: View->Show/hide note rows->Hide unused note rows

Insert empty MIDI clip in the selection: well you can do this already by ctrl+dragging a new MIDI item in. You don't even need a selection! But if you want to use the selection, use the command "Insert new MIDI item..." and it will fill the time selection with a new MIDI item on the last selected track.

I would suggest reading the user guide and watching some videos to get acquainted with the way Reaper does things, before posting suggestions that are basically features already available in some form.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #3
Codesound

Hi,

many and many thanks for your reply! I'm a beginner with Reaper...

Thanks again!

R
Old 04-28-2017, 02:30 AM   #4
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codesound View Post
I'm a beginner with Reaper...
Yes, in that case definitely read through the user guide, watch Kenny Gioia's videos, and post your initial questions in the newbie zone subforum rather than in feature requests, just to make sure if something you want perhaps already exists in Reaper.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Codesound

thank you so much for your feeds!

and for your support!

regards...

R