Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
MakeBelieve
Human being with feelings

Default Do the mods at this site even care???

I have posted 8 times that I have problems, I am willing to pay cash to fix, yet I need to record skype man is first in line and nothing gets responded.

I have some very serious issues that are making me not be able to take reaper seriously....

I spent all day trying to get it to work yesterday. I came online and asked my questions. I now am going to the studio with no answers. I read 200 pages of your manual last night. If I cant figure them out today WITH NO HELP FROM THIS FORUM. Im going back to protools.

I thought digi support was non existent....
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
tomrip

Whats going on? what are the problems you are having?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve View Post
If I cant figure them out today WITH NO HELP FROM THIS FORUM. Im going back to protools.
Bye...

No, really, I have not seen any of your posts, and this one says nothing. Could you list the problems your having?

Also, please remember that the forum is a group of USERS, not employees on the Reaper payroll, so all help is given by their generosity, please be patient...
Old 03-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Swamp Ape

Dude, you posted all that stuff yesterday, all in the same thread. You can't expect answers overnight, or at all really if nobody knows what you're talking about. It's not a 1-800 number. What does "I need to record skype man is first in line" even mean?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
MakeBelieve

What I mean Is that The problems I am having are real problems where what he is trying to do it spelled out clearly in the manual.

I understand that this forum is made up of people who volunteer and this may be a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge problem if reaper is ever to take off as an actual option for reliably doing professional work.

" Getting answers overnight...." How long do you expect me to have my clients wait?
Days?, Weeks? Even if im willing to pay?

To the person who bitched about me having it all in one forum. Would you like me to spam your forums with the 30 problems reaper is giving me? Or maybe should I try and search for someone knowledgeable who has experience in my problems. You obviously saw it... didnt have anything to say... but felt the need to come on hear and tell me im wrong for making a post about no one caring.

I own a SSL Nucleus. Its not working that well in reaper. Also rewire doesnt work at all from protools.

So I cant use it at all for mixing.

I have been trying for about three years. Checking in every so often to see if reaper has gotten to the place it needs to be... Hopefully one day.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Coachz

For me Reaper has gotten to the place it needs to be. That means, I can make professional music with the only excuses being me. Reaper needs tons of things better but I have no excuses. In fact with my latest config, i'm now at wizard status. If you use Reaper, learn Reaper, have patience with Reaper, it might be all you need. No tool is right for everyone. I just got lucky

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=99555

Coachz Repo
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
MakeBelieve

I have been learning reaper. I believe it could be better than protools and allow me to access wizard like work flows. But for now it's not working for me.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
G-Sun

I looked at your threads briefly..

If this is all the patience you have for a new DAW, and
you need pro-support,

then, yes, maybe ProTools is a better tool for you.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
MakeBelieve

Good to know.... Also reaper is far from new... It's like ten years old. I also don't typically need support, only when things don't work, can't be found on the Internet and are not in the manual.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Go to reaper chat, they'll figure it out
Old 03-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
Jedi

The world of Pro Tools is populated by LOTS of people with shitty attitudes.

They need you. Don't leave them.

Jedi
Old 03-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Smurf

I have tried out reaper since the 0.45 days, and just bought a license at 3.76 because it had finally become rock solid for the way I work...

Keep checking back, it will improve.....

As for how old Reaper is, Pro Tools has been around a lot longer, and what version was it, 9 or 10, that they finally got ADC and the ability to treat clips individually?

And now that they separated the software from their over priced hard ware, they are trying to introduce a "new effects protocol" to keep people tied to them.

That is kind of sad for a "pro" piece of software, 'eh?

Not slamming PT, it has a lot of user's and a lot of hits have been created with it, but comparing just software to software, Reaper is on par & very usable IMHO
Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
BenK-msx

this user set up his nucleus without any hassle aside from a jog wheel issue. worth a read, it may help... assuming you have the patience to read it all! kiddin'

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=4
Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
MakeBelieve

I read that thread and didn't find the information I needed.

Hey Jedi. I don't go in your threads posting useless bs but thanks for doing it in mine. It made worlds of difference.

I'm glad that every one believes I have no patience because something from reaper does not work...
Old 03-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #15
Jedi

Quote:
thanks for doing it in mine. It made worlds of difference.
You're very welcome. Good luck in your quest young squire.

Jedi
Old 03-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #16
MakeBelieve

You don't know who I am, don't act like you do.

If any one else has any advice I'm all ears.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
Jedi

Quote:
You don't know who I am, don't act like you do.
I have a pretty good idea... you're make-believe

Jedi
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
RJHollins

i'm still still to figure out what your question is, and WHAT the issue is ?!?

For anyone to even consider helping, SPECIFICS should be provided.

So far have read only complaints and attitude.

Provide DETAILS of what you want to do ... AND, what you done to get there.
Along with specific issue.

just a suggestion.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #19
MakeBelieve

My question is why doesn't rewire work with protools at all(cannot establish rewire connection error or something)... and how do you control sends with an ssl nucleus. It may only be the 4th of 5th time ive posted them... no worries you were to busy bitching about my attitude.

Jedi, you dont know me. If you did you would understand that my time is important to at least me and the people who pay to work with me. I dont have the time to list every studio projects mic I own in my signature... Now that was attitude. Gotta love the C1 though.

I love the idea of the DAW you all have created.

Once again why doesnt rewire work... and how do you control a send.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
Jedi

Quote:
Jedi, you dont know me..
Oh, sure I do. You're make-believe. You've been around
on forums long before you ever posted on one. You'll be
around on forums long after you're done posting on them.

Yes, I know you, young squire.

Good luck in your quest. Oh, and with your SSL/PT questions too.

Jedi
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
MakeBelieve

Okay good to know who completely has there head in the clouds.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #22
RJHollins

Quote:
My question is why doesn't rewire work with protools at all(cannot establish rewire connection error or something)... and how do you control sends with an ssl nucleus. It may only be the 4th of 5th time ive posted them... no worries you were to busy bitching about my attitude.

Jedi, you dont know me. If you did you would understand that my time is important to at least me and the people who pay to work with me. I dont have the time to list every studio projects mic I own in my signature... Now that was attitude. Gotta love the C1 though.

I love the idea of the DAW you all have created.

Once again why doesnt rewire work... and how do you control a send.
So WHY wouldn't you post your question over at the ProTool forum if THAT is
the program you have issue with ?

And for the SSL nucleus ... again .... why don't you contact them ???

And your right, I AM too busy to listen to a bitch.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
mrluiso

lol...oh dear...

...by the way guys, I'm testing Reaper and I think is great. The more I get to know it, the better it gets.

To the OP, I think I know the solution to your problems, "ANGER MANAGEMENT ANYONE?".
Old 03-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
MakeBelieve

Rj, way to take the personal attacks to the next level by calling me a bitch after bitching at me about something I had already done. Then when I repeat myself you just bitch more. But I'm a bitch... That's cool you fucking asshole.

Anger management, the only thing that seems to need management is this forum and companies technical service department.

I'm not going to a protools forum because protools works. All my other plug-ins and programs work except for REAPERS REWIRE. Why would I call ssl, it's not like the knobs or faders on it don't work, they just don't work well with REAPER. You see the theme here and the reason why I may have ended up on this thread.

Clearly you dudes don't want to help me. I get it people making records in your DAW is not a concern of yours.

AVID FUCKING BLOWS. They at least want you to use there software though...
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #25
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

OK I think everything went wrong that could go wrong and everything has been said here and no benefit can be expected from this thread so I'm closing it to avoid further escalation of everything into name calling OT-land.

@OP: Please consider that you're using a pretty exotic device on a platform that has much less users, simple math outlines your decreased chances of someone in the know seeing your thread, even if you had provided more specifics in the first place. You could have contacted support but that would have needed some time to respond as well. Sorry if that all didn't go fast enough but you need to include that time into your schedule if you try to set up something new. Forum mods are more or less something like a crossbreed of a janitor, a traffic cop and counselor Troy and it's usually not their business to respond to support requests. Coincidentally, one of the rare exceptions from that can be found here and that's me, and I responded. Sorry if I couldn't find the right things to ask/get an idea of the problem in time, from the information you provided after that.
Closed Thread