Old 01-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
nrksrs
Human being with feelings

Default Can't save

Hello, I guess something really dumb si causing this problem but I dont know what to do.

My reaper cant save projects. I want to save, a window will pop up to select directory, I select it, click on save and nothing happens, I can see that the save button was pressed by his animation but the window stays open and the project wont save itself. Just nothing happens by pressing it.

I tried creating a new project, just touched the master volume and tried to save a blank project but event that didnt work. I really need to work and I dont want to switch to other soft because of this..

I swithced back to Windows from OS X after many years, so I could tell I am a bit new to Windows. But my PC is good, nothing old, new components.

Reaper was downloaded from official site, newest version 5.70. I started working, everithing is fine, but than I found out I cant save, awesome. I tried uninsall and install v5.62, same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edit:
Using Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU OctalCore AMD FX-8300
Ram 8gb DDR3

Last edited by nrksrs; 01-16-2018 at 10:47 AM.
nrksrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Fabian

It sounds almost like you don't fill in a name for the project, but that can't be, can it?

Where do you try to save? You are sure that you have the right save there, in the folder you try to save?

Those are the immediate things I can think of.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
Rick Settle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrksrs View Post
Hello, I guess something really dumb si causing this problem but I dont know what to do.

My reaper cant save projects. I want to save, a window will pop up to select directory, I select it, click on save and nothing happens, I can see that the save button was pressed by his animation but the window stays open and the project wont save itself. Just nothing happens by pressing it.

I tried creating a new project, just touched the master volume and tried to save a blank project but event that didnt work. I really need to work and I dont want to switch to other soft because of this..

I swithced back to Windows from OS X after many years, so I could tell I am a bit new to Windows. But my PC is good, nothing old, new components.

Reaper was downloaded from official site, newest version 5.70. I started working, everithing is fine, but than I found out I cant save, awesome. I tried uninsall and install v5.62, same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edit:
Using Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU OctalCore AMD FX-8300
Ram 8gb DDR3

On the chance that your projects really are being saved, do a search for all *.rpp files. If they are there, it will show which folder they are in.
Rick Settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
nrksrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
It sounds almost like you don't fill in a name for the project, but that can't be, can it?
Oh my f***ing god, that was it. Maybe there was stock name for saving new projects on OS X or it worked withou it.. thank you so much and sorry I stole your time with this crap.
nrksrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrksrs View Post
Oh my f***ing god, that was it. Maybe there was stock name for saving new projects on OS X or it worked withou it.. thank you so much and sorry I stole your time with this crap.
I'm glad it was that simple. We all make mistakes