Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-16-2017, 08:01 AM   #81
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Just so you didn't miss my late edit...

Thought experiment... What do you think the responses would be if he had replied... "Hey guys, I'm working on this FR, but I have a questions about x?" After I had gotten up from falling out of my chair, I'd have raced to help him. Part of my work in real life is farking nailing multimillion dollar FRs (literally).

When I usually challenge people in this area, it truly is for the benefit of them actually achieving part of their goal; even if that isn't clear to them.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #82
Indiscipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johnson III View Post
“The OP still has given us any clue about what they don't like or what they want to change.”

That is not my problem….
Oh, nice attitude. Smells like poorly executed trolling, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrankencopter View Post
My own request(s) for the 'takes' system would be
1) To have an option when loop record is on to automatically delete any take that isn't a full loop in length. Whenever I do loop record I always end up with a little bit of an extra take that I need to delete.

Preferences > Audio.Loop Recording > Check "In loop recording, discard incomplete...", set threshold percentage to taste.

By the way, the moment Devs added the previously absent ability to comp multitrack takes using grouping (take selection now honours group), was the moment I finally ditched Studio One.
Attached Images
File Type: png takediscard.png (6.9 KB, 342 views)
Indiscipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #83
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
If you actually bothered to read the thread you'd see me saying exactly that in post #8 before Karbo said anything.

It's you guys who dredged it all back up, after the guy had already said he'd give more detail going forward in the future in post #20. After that, some just read the first post and get their panties bunched and throw shade at the guy without even bothering to read the rest of the discussion where he'd already admitted the error in the initial approach, piling on like vultures...

If he already previously said that he probably should have given more detail and will next time, before you even entered the thread, what else do you want? Just keep lynching him anyway? FFS.
Quote:
I know. But people kept harping on his original mistake after he'd already kinda admitted it, way back. Like vultures.

That happens because the original post auto-engages "the defense gene", so they reply without bothering to read the thread first to see if that's already been corrected or settled. After he said ... "Thanks for the advice, I'll do better next time." ... the friendly thing to do is to maybe just say...

"Cool, thanks. You might want to edit the original post or make a new FR with more detail. "
Quote:
Yeah, it's a cycle.

He kinda admits he should have given more detail. (which should be the end of any drama)
Others still attack the original post, not having bothered to read first to see the above.
He feels attacked and responds, gets defensive. Natural.
And it keeps going.

A vicious cycle.
Dear Lawrence,

I love ya man. Really I do. But you seem to enjoy the minutia in these discussions more than any results that can be achieved.

I see this because I have a similar tendency. I just stop myself when I realize it doesn't serve me.

My sister in law once called me the hockey goalie of conversation. Except, instead of saving the puck, my goal was to always kick it back into play.

I hope you find this constructive.

Enjoy your day.

Kenny
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #84
REAmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Takes tip of the day. You've done several takes of an instrument but the last take near the end of the section is all chopped up and messy from the other take punch points. We can easily get rid of these now unnecessary splits without really losing anything.

I use CTRL+L to collapse them, delete the two remnants on the right, then drag out what's left because all three of those are the exact same audio.

Once we get used to this, we can eliminate lots of if not all the messiness with those splits, it's second nature for me at this point and it just sort of happens as I work. Once you have a good feel for it, you don't even need to expand the takes and you can just keep them collapsed which I always promote as the most useful feature few take the time to understand.
Not sure I fully understand the problem or solution, but if it's what I think it is, say you had some takes looped, and then recorded more by punching in later, or looping with a smaller loop inside it, I don't fully get the solution.

I am just usually really anal about making sure they are all snapped, and all takes are the same length.
REAmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #85
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
There is also a time selection locking mode "Locking: Set time selection locking mode"
That was my first thought but then Karbo quickly moved off of Time Selection Auto Punch as he seemed to prefer Auto Punch Selected Items.

Quote:
An FR.

That isn't OPs fault alone, part of it is me... I've reached the end of my rope of seeing these threads (in the FR forum) with zero useful info often NEVER followed up by the promised FR which means no DEV could ever do anything about it. If they want to say "but it's in the threads go find it yourself!" Which really means a bunch of nonsense like this one, no dev in his right mind is going to waste time trying to decode such messes. So blame me instead of kenny for that because from now on, someone bitches about takes, I'm going to challenge them to be specific then do this every single time...

Instructions here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=38883

As well as include my 2nd sentence in post #10 since details seem to be the plague around here.

You guys get used to it.
We can "Share" blame as I feel exactly the same way.

Quote:
A feature from some other DAWS I find useful is the ability to expand takes to "take tracks", create a comp in a parent track by selecting parts of takes in those sub-tracks and then collapse them back.
You know this already exists in REAPER. Right?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #86
REAmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
I like Reaper's take system as it is.

Looking at Studio One's "way", it is just obfuscated ways of doing what Reaper does.

Do you want a button to select takes instead of just clicking on the take?
Actually maybe I would. sometimes I accidentally select a new take, when I move an items with takes on it.

A button would solve that, and clicking a specific place, is not much more work than clicking a slightly larger one.

Quote:
Do you want a button to move the take up a lane (instead of selecting the region ON THE TAKE THAT YOU WANT)?
I don't think so. I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I do use ctrl+up and down arrows to switch through takes to audition them.

I like the way the takes work for me well enough. I don't know S1, or how it works, but making a "feature request" like OP did where we'd have to get access to expensive software, or maybe a trial version if there is one. Or watch YouTube videos just to know what he's talking about, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There's no way I'm going to do that. And then he's like "I'm not your monkey!" You know what? Neither am I. I really don't care about anyone's opinion that much. He may as well have said. "Why can't reaper takes work like flarbaglarbragh!?" Totally meaningless to me. If you take the time to post something, it's probably a good idea to make sure you are saying things the people there understand. Most people here are not experts on every DAW in existence. We know reaper very well. This is a reaper forum.
REAmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #87
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAmix View Post
Actually maybe I would. sometimes I accidentally select a new take, when I move an items with takes on it.
You know you can "Lock to Active Take"?

And the beauty of this is that you can still use a key command to switch takes but you can't accidently do it by clicking it.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #88
Kenny Gioia

Quote:

There's no way I'm going to do that. And then he's like "I'm not your monkey!" You know what? Neither am I. I really don't care about anyone's opinion that much. He may as well have said. "Why can't reaper takes work like flarbaglarbragh!?" Totally meaningless to me. If you take the time to post something, it's probably a good idea to make sure you are saying things the people there understand. Most people here are not experts on every DAW in existence. We know reaper very well. This is a reaper forum.
I opened S1 once and gave up after about 10-15 minutes. People seem to love it and that's great.

But I'd like to add, the MAIN reason why I take issue with Feature Requests mentioning other software is that it implies laziness. You didn't take the time to learn the way REAPER does it. Instead, you learned S1 and have come here asking for us to change the furniture around to make you feel more comfortable.

There's no doubt that some software does things better than REAPER. Although that changes by user and their taste. But I take a new user's opinion to have a bit more weight as opposed to someone who just wants his new girlfriend to act a bit more like his old one.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #89
ashcat_lt

Quote:
That actually can suck. I guess that thing karbo showed with only showing the active take would prevent this, but I tend to prefer to see the takes in lanes almost always. At least until I commit to my decisions by cropping to active take.

Is there a way to disable selecting the take on left-click? Then you could click wherever you want/need on the item but not change the take selection and just navigate that with the keyboard shortcuts.

You should be able to make a button that walks through the takes in a selected item same way you do with the keyboard. Reaper is cool like that. Want a button? Make it!

(Course I really hate messing with that kind of customization stuff. When I think I want it, I'm usually in the middle of something and don't want to stop to go reprogram the damn DAW. )
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #90
Kenny Gioia

Look two posts up.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #91
ashcat_lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Look two posts up.
You ninja'd me!!!

Anyway, then I'd have to learn the shortcuts.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #92
karbomusic

Quote:
prefer to see the takes in lanes almost always.
I will support you 100% on that but once you get used to collapsing along with the right options (such as take numbers on items and a couple others), having them collapsed at least part of the time is refreshing.

It is a little scary at first (because you can't see the inactive takes) but once the light bulb goes off, it's a more organized and cleaner workflow imho. Of course it is YMMV but once I got used to it, I had a hard time going back, especially when auditioning and editing takes right after they were laid down.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #93
bFooz

Quote:
You know this already exists in REAPER. Right?
Kenny, I've watched your video "Comping Vocals as Tracks" http://www.kennymania.com/comping-vocals-as-tracks/. If you meant this, it is a technique but too much manual.

What I would like to have is something like "Explode takes across tracks" and then by making a time selection on one particular track of those tracks, a part of an item inside the time selection would automatically get copied to the parent overwriting any previous item there. With a comp finished in a parent track, takes would implode back.

I think it would be scriptable.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #94
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I took me a few minutes but I figured it out.

Selection Sets!!! (Screensets and Layouts)!
^Yep-will you do a decent video on these options?
Not forgetting the awesome 'take mixer' =Xenakios/SWS.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #95
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Kenny, I've watched your video "Comping Vocals as Tracks" http://www.kennymania.com/comping-vocals-as-tracks/. If you meant this, it is a technique but too much manual.

What I would like to have is something like "Explode takes across tracks" and then by making a time selection on one particular track of those tracks, a part of an item inside the time selection would automatically get copied to the parent overwriting any previous item there. With a comp finished in a parent track, takes would implode back.

I think it would be scriptable.
I meant these:

Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
^Yep-will you do a decent video on these options?
Probably

Last edited by Kenny Gioia; 02-16-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #96
chip mcdonald

Quote:
I have no idea where you goy that idea? It is a very clean, straight to the point, intuitive way of doing takes (default) With swipe comping as a pretty big bonus.
At what juncture does it diverge?

You set up a loop and record takes, then stop. What happens next that is "simpler" than Reaper?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #97
karbomusic

Quote:

I am just usually really anal about making sure they are all snapped, and all takes are the same length.
If you do ^that then you don't need what I posted. Otherwise...

When you have lots of these splits, there is often no need to actually deal with or keep every single split that occurred (they bother some users). It's very easy to clean many of these up while you are evaluating the takes you just recorded without losing anything important.

I was also 'sneaking in' how collapsing looks/works so much better without being dangerous once you know just a few things about how it behaves. I don't always keep them collapsed, it's probably 90% collapsed, 10% expanded time wise.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #98
Coachz

Quote:
I meant these:

Video

Probably
Link not found

Last edited by Kenny Gioia; 02-16-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #99
Kenny Gioia

Video
Old 02-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #100
Robert Johnson III

Quote:
I
But I'd like to add, the MAIN reason why I take issue with Feature Requests mentioning other software is that it implies laziness. You didn't take the time to learn the way REAPER does it. Instead, you learned S1 and have come here asking for us to change the furniture around to make you feel more comfortable.

There's no doubt that some software does things better than REAPER. Although that changes by user and their taste. But I take a new user's opinion to have a bit more weight as opposed to someone who just wants his new girlfriend to act a bit more like his old one.
Your “problem” is (Kenny) that you assume to much, don’t pay attention and are too lazy to read an entire thread… I used Reaper way before Studio One (as already stated here) and I learned the Reaper take system inside out.

You just assume stuff and on the presumption of that by definition you are right. You attack for no reason, are obnoxious in your statements (on the basis of presumption alone) and you just keep going for the sake of it and don’t admit it when you are wrong. You don’t respond to any to arguments. This is very arrogant, objectionable, obnoxious and immature behaviour. Rest assure I will not do a (very detailed) feature request ever…. I’m out off here. Mission accomplished Kenny!

https://soundcloud.com/mytopia

Last edited by Robert Johnson III; 02-16-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Robert Johnson III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #101
JamesPeters

Quote:
Your “problem” is (Kenny) that you assume to much, don’t pay attention and are to lazy to read an entire thread… I used Reaper way before Studio One (as already stated here) and I learned the Reaper take system inside out.

You just assume stuff and on the presumption of that by definition you are right. You attack for no reason, are obnoxious in your statements (on the basis of presumption alone) and you just keep going for the sake of it and don’t admit it when you are wrong. You don’t respond to any to arguments. This is very arrogant, objectionable, obnoxious and immature behaviour. Rest assure I will not do a (very detailed) feature request ever…. I’m out off here. Mission accomplished Kenny!
So you come to the forum saying "do it like S1", refuse to explain in detail (expecting others to figure out what you want), then blame others for "making you not submit a feature request"?
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #102
Robert Johnson III

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
So you come to the forum saying "do it like S1", refuse to explain in detail (expecting others to figure out what you want), then blame others for "making you not submit a feature request"?
If you would just take a moment to read the entire thread? This is rather superfluous….

Old 02-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #103
JamesPeters

Quote:
If you would just take a moment to read the entire thread? This is rather superfluous….
I did.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #104
karbomusic

Maybe we can resist/ignore the personal jabs, there are a few side discussions that are helpful to everyone else that would be nice to continue minus a locked thread.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #105
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Maybe we can resist/ignore the personal jabs
^If only... sighz..the web is like a playground for some-get beating,or get beaten up=lol/sighz.

There's a song in every post. Thanks for all the material guyz n gals!!!
Be glad when this little forum tour of duty is over here---getting back to recording,avoiding a lot of nonsense/wasting time reading argumentative postings..

Some questions are best learned by doing in person while experimenting with given tools.
The time it *takes* to ask a simple question-the learning could have be done in a more 'practical,hands on' sense.

Learning comes better with doing (imo) not chatting about doing-the body has memory as well the eyes and brain.
Carry on...
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #106
vanhaze

When are these kind of utterly complaining threads here, mirroring a Reaper (subjective) shortcoming, against another DAW, ever gonna stop ?!

I mean, there is no other DAW, there is only Reaper

And when u bump into a (in your opinion) shortcoming in Reaper, cause "in DAW X you can do Y way better than in Reaper", keep that thought for yourself, let it of your shoulders and respect ALL the things that Reaper CAN (way better and faster) which other DAW's (which don't exist) CAN't do (way better /faster)

Or step back to that DAW, just only for that feature, which that DAW does better in your opinion, and leave this community alone.

A perfect DAW for EVERYBODY doesn't exist and will never exist.
That goes for Reaper also.

For me personally, Reaper reaches complete perfection, for MY workflow.
Ofcourse i experience it's shotcomings for MY workflow.
I respect that totally and i am not gonna post endless" back and forths" about these, just to get my point.
Totally useless and a waste of time ; it will bring you not any further in Life.

Just MY 2 cents ofcourse
Old 02-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #107
Kenny Gioia

Quote:

Your “problem” is that you assume to much, don’t pay attention and are too lazy to read an entire thread…
LMFBO

I only wish that MY problem was that I was too lazy to read your thread. Ah ha ha.

Not that you care but this is what I wrote:

Quote:
The MAIN reason why I take issue with Feature Requests mentioning other software is…
If you'd notice, I didn't say anything about YOUR feature request specifically. Partially because you didn't even make one. But mostly because I was talking to the other people in this thread who also take issue with people who post the same useless complaints on a regular basis.

But if you and Lawrence must know. Yeah. You got me. I don't read every word in a thread. I skim through it for what interests me. I am allowed to browse this way because I'm not being paid to read your silly unhappiness. So you get from me what I'm willing to give.

Quote:
You don’t respond to any arguments. This is very arrogant, objectionable, obnoxious and immature behaviour.
Where do I return the check that you sent me for my responses. I have a very strict policy where I don't accept payment unless you're satisfied with my service.

Quote:
Rest assure I will not do a (very detailed) feature request ever…. I’m out off here. Mission accomplished Kenny!
Indeed. All the best.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #108
ashcat_lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
For me personally, Reaper reaches complete perfection, for MY workflow.
Ofcourse i experience it's shotcomings for MY workflow.
I respect that totally and i am not gonna post endless" back and forths" about these, just to get my point.
Totally useless and a waste of time ; it will bring you not any further in Life.
Be careful there. Part of what makes Reaper great is that the devs do respond to thoughtful and reasonable requests. We have a whole forum for nitpicks. We have a forum for bugs. We have a forum for feature requests. And the devs listen, and things change, and get better for everybody. If we have legitimate concerns, we absolutely should continue to express them, but we should do them in some detailed, meaningful, and constructive way.

The problem with this particular thread is that the OP still hasn't given any real detail on what they think is wrong with the current system or how it might work better for them.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:42 AM   #109
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
Be careful there. Part of what makes Reaper great is that the devs do respond to thoughtful and reasonable requests. We have a whole forum for nitpicks. We have a forum for bugs. We have a forum for feature requests. And the devs listen, and things change, and get better for everybody. If we have legitimate concerns, we absolutely should continue to express them, but we should do them in some detailed, meaningful, and constructive way.

The problem with this particular thread is that the OP still hasn't given any real detail on what they think is wrong with the current system or how it might work better for them.
The devs are great but they do NOT always respond to reasonable requests. Sticky master volume is a totally reasonable request that has been requested for years. I hope it happens along with many other requests.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #110
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
The devs are great but they do NOT always respond to reasonable requests. Sticky master volume is a totally reasonable request that has been requested for years. I hope it happens along with many other requests.
The time it takes to add a feature > The time it takes to request that feature.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #111
Coachz

Quote:
The time it takes to add a feature > The time it takes to request that feature.

Of course that has to be true because it would be impossible to develop the feature before it has been requested unless you had a flux capacitor. Even if it only takes 1 minute to request a feature, from the time the feature was requested to the time it could be developed would absolutely require it to be longer than the time it took for the feature itself to be requested otherwise the feature would have been precogged.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #112
ashcat_lt

Quote:
Of course that has to be true because it would be impossible to develop the feature before it has been requested unless you had a flux capacitor. Even if it only takes 1 minute to request a feature, from the time the feature was requested to the time it could be developed would absolutely require it to be longer than the time it took for the feature itself to be requested otherwise the feature would have been precogged.
I'm pretty sure PDC just takes care of this for us.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #113
Fergler

Personally I love the take system, I have no problem quickly cleaning up the start/end of the takes and prefer seeing them all right next to each other in one lane.

I've used Studio One 3 and it's take system (which is very similar to Logic and Pro Tools) and although it makes perfect sense, I simply don't like the amount of screen realestate it takes up and the fuss of trying to mix the takes together.

Reaper's system could be modified to allow for a similar method, but certain functions of Reaper's items would make less sense in this condition, like item FX. The displayed comp would not reflect the properties of the take items underneath it.
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #114
Coachz

The take system supports many different workflows not all that are obvious and a perfect match for everyone.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #115
Kenny Gioia

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
I'm pretty sure PDC just takes care of this for us.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #116
Robert Johnson III

Ahhhh… We all have been here before… http://forum-amz.cockos.com/showthre...=181430&page=4 Trifling exchanges in the local REAPER clubhouse!

And this really made my day Kenny “I look at REAPER like a gift from the gods” 100% serious ....Ah ha ha LMFBO

Quote:
LMFBO

I only wish that MY problem was that I was too lazy to read your thread. Ah ha ha.

Not that you care but this is what I wrote:

If you'd notice, I didn't say anything about YOUR feature request specifically. Partially because you didn't even make one. But mostly because I was talking to the other people in this thread who also take issue with people who post the same useless complaints on a regular basis.
I know dude… This is about a delusional pattern that is emerging. The "give a more detailed request" is a valid one, but that was never you point, was it? And it was already dealt with anyway... But you explain below why that is of no consequence to you... (but you don't really mean that do you?)

Quote:
LMFBOBut if you and Lawrence must know. Yeah. You got me. I don't read every word in a thread. I skim through it for what interests me. I am allowed to browse this way because I'm not being paid to read your silly unhappiness. So you get from me what I'm willing to give.

Where do I return the check that you sent me for my responses. I have a very strict policy where I don't accept payment unless you're satisfied with my service.
I rest my case dude…. Ha ha ha ha LMFBO (I normally don't do the ha ha etc... stuff, silly and childish, but for you I made an exception Kenny)

PS. Please don’t repeat something predictable like “You never made one in the first place” This is not about that.

Last edited by Robert Johnson III; 02-18-2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Predictability
Old 02-18-2017, 02:51 AM   #117
Robert Johnson III

If a mod is reading this…The direction this is going is the useless, hostile response by certain types who are doing nothing more that venting their opinion about their REAPER is holy in it's perfection shrine and treating somewhat newish posters like shit for no reason and using an inarticulate FR as an excuse in doing so (and critique in general for that matter, what for obvious reasons is more evident in the FR section)

Sensible quote: “Just as a DAW FRs are basic form of user feedback, just like bug reports. Comparing REAPER to other programs is also simply natural, all DAWs achieve the same task. Some DAWs do certain things better than others, and often software with stronger companies, more developer talent, larger userbases and decades behind them do things better than REAPER- that's why there are big name DAWs and hobbyist DAWs. Cockos has no connection to the industry or exposure to other DAWs, which leaves these kinds of FRs the only info they get on how other DAWs have solved a particular issue. This "REAPER is holy in it's perfection and shall remain unchanged forever" attitude is a delusion and burden to forum discussions. If you don't want to see progress, build a shrine to REAPER and close yourself from the internet.”

Old 02-18-2017, 03:58 AM   #118
dookus

Default I’m out off here

"I’m out off here. Mission accomplished Kenny!"

Please close the door on the way out thanks Robert Johnson III
dookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:15 AM   #119
Robert Johnson III

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookus View Post
"I’m out off here. Mission accomplished Kenny!"

Please close the door on the way out thanks Robert Johnson III
#Troll 01 Confirmed!

Old 02-18-2017, 04:15 AM   #120
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
If a mod is reading this…
Kenny Gioia is a mod. You want another mod? OK, hello.

If you want to share your opinion on the internet, go ahead. If you want to share your opinion here, on this forum, go ahead. If you want to share your opinion here, on this forum, and not be challenged on the way in which you might do so ...sorry, no - that's asking too much.

If you want to contribute to the enacting of change, you must do it in the form of a detailed, well reasoned FR. And when I say must, I don't mean that you have to, or that anyone is forcing you to, or that your post will be removed if you don't. You do what you like man, go nuts. I just mean that if you want to achieve what you want, that's the only method with any chance of success. But, of course, its your choice.