CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 04-01-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Default Synchronizing Reaper with NinJam

The new sync feature is just great.

I understand that Justin is nice and helpful to the musicians (like myself) that are prevented from band rehearsals by the terrible Virus situation. Thanks a lot !!!!

Some suggestion to make it even more viable:

1)
Right now at NinJam's "1", a rewind is performed in the Reaper project.

For content that is larger than the Loop to be worked on it would be great to go to a dedicated point in the project.
This could the start of the time selection or a marker
Maybe at best NinJam could trigger a definable action so that we can do a script that does something sensiböle at that point.

2)
It would be nice if ReaNinJam could send a "/bpm" request to the server with the bpm defined in Reaper.

3)
It would be nice if ReaNinJam could send a "/bpi" request to the server with the count of beats in a sensible area e.g. the time selection or between two markers, or ...

Maybe (2) and (3) might include scripts or whatever so that the only thing necessary in ReaNinJam would be an interface to push chat text to same.

The idea for (2) and (3) is that a "Master" client (Teacher, "Band Leader"...) easily can control the server during a rehearsal session. (We in fact did set up a NinJam server for this.)

Thanks again !
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #2
ultraleetj

oh, new feature, where? I seem to have missed it.
I would also like pointer in rehearsals and so on because it seems that many people over here are thinking of implementing ninjam for these purposes.
ultraleetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:35 AM   #3
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraleetj View Post
oh, new feature, where? I seem to have missed it.
I would also like pointer in rehearsals and so on because it seems that many people over here are thinking of implementing ninjam for these purposes.
sync options (including set timeline tempo and loop selection from ninjam bpm and bpi) are already included in the latest 6.07+dev0401, 6.07+dev0402 and 6.08rc2 pre-releases
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
ultraleetj

OK, I see. I just tested them and they are very clever. If you could bind these to regular reaper actions somehow, that would be even better as you would not have to leave the main window but as they are right now I can live with them as well. Definitely makes the use of loops so much easier.
ultraleetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:57 AM   #5
mschnell

v6.08 at least allows for (1) <and for setting the Reaper BPM according to the server's>

Thanks,
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote