Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #1
drew
Mobile

Default Switching to a tab with manually offlined items brings them online

I'm pretty sure it's not expected/desirable that if you have manually offlined items in a project, then switch to another tab and later re-select that project tab it brings them all online again.

In my case I don't even have the "Offline background media" option in the tab menu switched on - and presumably a distinction is made between items being set to offline vs the whole project's media being offline due to being a background tab anyway - so it looks like this is not related to that option and I'm guessing it's a bug.

Cheers,

Drew

Last edited by drew; 02-12-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: I said "I'm pretty" instead of "pretty sure". I'm not pretty.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:25 AM   #2
drew
Mobile

Necro-alert :/

Just came across this again. Can anyone confirm? Refocussing the window after using another app doesn't cause it, but switching tab away and back brings everything back online.

It may be possible that offlining isn't designed by a state that is preserved.. or a bug?
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Probably a better thing to do, if you wish to preserve the offlineness of the media, is to use the newer "force media offline" actions, which gives you persistent offline until you manually bring them back.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
nofish
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Probably a better thing to do, if you wish to preserve the offlineness of the media, is to use the newer "force media offline" actions, which gives you persistent offline until you manually bring them back.
Sorry for digging this up, but how do I bring back (set online) a one take item after having set it to "force media offline", as the actions "Set all/selected media online" don't seem to work for it here.

I'm asking because I need to use persistent offline (keep offline state on project reload) which 'normal' offlining doesn't seem to do.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=227694
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote