Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Any suggestions for the right VST for me?

Hi, All:

I think my needs are simple. I am a singer. I am NOT attempting to be ultra professional sounding. Very simply, I am on full-time disability and as such I have LOTS of time on my hands. I love to sing, so I got Reaper to help me do that.

I belong to a website (karafun.com) that offers 27,000 songs to pick from.

With Reaper, what I am doing at the moment is recording the music on track 1. I then have tracks 2 and 3. On track 2 is my voice as it is out of my mouth. On track 3 I am putting all my sound effects (VST's) that are applied to the vocal track.

Like most singers, the BIGGEST issue is latency. I am also interested in applying some reverberation to my effects channel.

In a nutshell, I think that the VST's that come with Reaper will do just fine. I think the only thing I need is a VST that can handle the latency issue I am on a very limited budget.

I would be grateful for any suggestions that anyone might have of a VST that I should use that is really good at handling the latency issue. I can then apply the reverb VST in reaper to accomplish my goal that hopefully does not cost a fortune!

Thanks,

-Steven
Downtown Berkeley, CA
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote