Old 03-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #2681
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings

video might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaT...o7zi24&index=1

i just installed with the exact steps as in the video, a few hours ago.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #2682
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by levets View Post
What am I doing wrong?

I get:

LBX Stripper.Lua:1: unexpected symbol near '{'

I couldn't "download" the file - all I get is a browser window with the text in it - which I copied and pasted into Text Edit and saved (had to use Get Info to remove the .rtf after .Lua but did that and told it to keep the Lua extension).

I tried it as "raw data" but it says the file's too big to display that way (this is the one from 5 hours ago at present).
I looked at the video ... looks much more complicated than I ever have to do.

On PC ... using FireFox.

Click on LBX Stripper link. On that page, click on the LBX Stripper.LUA

2. click VIEW RAW

3. Right click ... SAVE AS

it will be in the correct format and have the proper name.

4. Be sure to also download the latest LBXCS_resources.zip

hope that helps
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:04 AM   #2683
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

On PC ... using FireFox.

2. click VIEW RAW

hope that helps
Yes - this. Download all files as RAW. Github does something strange to the files if you don't!

Thanks Timbral and RJ.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:11 AM   #2684
lb0

Quote:
GAUGES are FANTASTIC !!! Thank-you !

Still early in my adding them ... for so far, been able to figure out and make sensible display.

As expected, this new feature means altering the GUI layout for everything to place properly, but oh so worth it !

Thanks again ... back to my designs ...
One thing I should mention... If you use Copy Cycle Data button (for cycle control gauge setup) there are a couple of hidden data parameters that are created to tell it whether the mapptof and spread flags are set for the control. These are so the gauge drawing routine knows whether to spread the values or not.

Anyway - if you then copy this gauge to another non-cycle control - these params will remain and may mess up things if you try to manually add new ticks or anything. However - in this case it's easy enough to hit Reset button which will clear these settings...

Just something I noticed and had me scratching my head for 10 seconds when testing...
Old 03-31-2017, 04:36 AM   #2685
RJHollins

yeah ... my first attempt had some head scratching. I did the RESET and viola, back in business. One thing great is being able to chose the number of labels around a dial. [thanks].

I am finding some glitchy-ness making the gauges. Sometimes the numbering gets crazy. For example, a FREQ knob ranging from 15-800 ... sometimes the min value is 15, but it could also switch to 800. Othertimes, 2 labels will have the same value concurrent. Rocking back and forth values of the Tick[AUTO] selector sometimes fixes it.

NOTE: I'm not sure what that issue is about, as I'm having an issue with the SURGE-EQ design. My other EQ designs seem fine, but SURGE is having problems like:

1. I have values displayed on top of the knob. Sometimes the numeric display does not update [like a gui refresh].

2. setting the knob RESET value is also giving an issue with this EQ. I use the [CNTRL-click] to reset the knob to DEFAULT position. I can't get the proper value to stick ... even when using identical Presets in multiple Neb-4 instances. Some set correctly, others are off. REDRAW is problematic.

Because of the EQ issue, I was asking about the number of frames to use in KnobMan. I wonder, too, about the OverSampling setting in KnobMan. Maybe 2X or 4X is to heavy ? I don't know.

One thing for sure, having the Gauge feature makes building a GUI much better [as I'm re-doing/modifying all the early designs with the proper spacing]. I'm not a graphics designer, so I look to functionality to make up for it. Once I have that together, it's fun to go back a tweak the design look.

Future thought: The GRAPHICS list is getting crazy. The Resource folder is just a massive list. It would be nice to organize things into Folders that would show up in LBX. Things like Lines, Boxes, etc.]

I know you have a 'To-Do' list ... I'm just piling on

Big THANKS for what You have created !

Old 03-31-2017, 05:23 AM   #2686
lb0

Quote:
yeah ... my first attempt had some head scratching. I did the RESET and viola, back in business. One thing great is being able to chose the number of labels around a dial. [thanks].

I am finding some glitchy-ness making the gauges. Sometimes the numbering gets crazy. For example, a FREQ knob ranging from 15-800 ... sometimes the min value is 15, but it could also switch to 800. Othertimes, 2 labels will have the same value concurrent. Rocking back and forth values of the Tick[AUTO] selector sometimes fixes it.

NOTE: I'm not sure what that issue is about, as I'm having an issue with the SURGE-EQ design. My other EQ designs seem fine, but SURGE is having problems like:

1. I have values displayed on top of the knob. Sometimes the numeric display does not update [like a gui refresh].

2. setting the knob RESET value is also giving an issue with this EQ. I use the [CNTRL-click] to reset the knob to DEFAULT position. I can't get the proper value to stick ... even when using identical Presets in multiple Neb-4 instances. Some set correctly, others are off. REDRAW is problematic.

Because of the EQ issue, I was asking about the number of frames to use in KnobMan. I wonder, too, about the OverSampling setting in KnobMan. Maybe 2X or 4X is to heavy ? I don't know.

One thing for sure, having the Gauge feature makes building a GUI much better [as I'm re-doing/modifying all the early designs with the proper spacing]. I'm not a graphics designer, so I look to functionality to make up for it. Once I have that together, it's fun to go back a tweak the design look.

Future thought: The GRAPHICS list is getting crazy. The Resource folder is just a massive list. It would be nice to organize things into Folders that would show up in LBX. Things like Lines, Boxes, etc.]

I know you have a 'To-Do' list ... I'm just piling on

Big THANKS for what You have created !

EDITED:

For the quirky gauge setup - that's almost certainly Nebula reporting the value slowly for Surge EQ.

If it's happening in LIVE use - then not much can be done about it apart from creating an accurate gauge and switching off value readout. Also note - the value will never be correct from Nebula if the instance is bypassed!! (there is obviously optimisation code in Nebula to slow the value update rate). Whether this can be changed in a setting in Nebula I don't know.

For better gauge calibration with this library:

Try increasing the SENS slider - it will slow the process of getting the values a little - but it should read more accurate values. I'm guessing Surge EQ takes a little longer to report its value after setting it than other Neb libs.

I know what you mean about Graphics folder - so rest assured - it's high on my radar.

The oversampling in Knobman is purely to do with the rendering of the knob. Once it's rendered - it doesn't make any difference to how Stripper copes with it.

Last edited by lb0; 03-31-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:41 AM   #2687
RJHollins

Will try increasing SENS.

Yes ... SURGE is quite a heavy EQ [intentional in design].

--- EDIT ---

OK ... I increased SENS to 6, and reading are more stable.

Still Question/Issue? On the KNOBS, I'm displaying the numeric value [from knob settings]. I'm having a definite REDRAW issue, as the numbers do not seem to update properly. If I nudge the knob, the value updates.

Seems this only happens with this SURGE-EQ design.

To note: In this EQ GUI design, I also have the AlexB ELY FILTERS as part of this design. Those knobs work flawlessly. It is only the SURGE knobs that have random display issue.

Is there a specific setting I should look into ?
Old 03-31-2017, 06:04 AM   #2688
lb0

Quote:
Will try increasing SENS.

Yes ... SURGE is quite a heavy EQ [intentional in design].

--- EDIT ---

OK ... I increased SENS to 6, and reading are more stable.

Still Question/Issue? On the KNOBS, I'm displaying the numeric value [from knob settings]. I'm having a definite REDRAW issue, as the numbers do not seem to update properly. If I nudge the knob, the value updates.

Seems this only happens with this SURGE-EQ design.

To note: In this EQ GUI design, I also have the AlexB ELY FILTERS as part of this design. Those knobs work flawlessly. It is only the SURGE knobs that have random display issue.

Is there a specific setting I should look into ?
First of All - is Surge active - or bypassed - when these problems occur. Like I said - if Neb is bypassed - the value readouts don't work - doesn't matter what library.

If the plugin is active - this is much more a Surge EQ internal value update issue rather than my scripts. I don't know if there is a setting in Nebula somewhere to decrease the readout delay.

What is happening is when you turn a knob in Stripper - it sends a reaper API call to set the value for the target plugin (in your case Nebula).

Stripper then sets a dirty flag for the control - so on next redraw iteration - it knows to redraw that control.

When the next redraw happens - it reads the value from the plugin and displays it.

However - what I think is happening in this case (as I've observed in Nebula before) - is that when the redraw happens - Nebula hasn't yet updated it's internal display value - so the value it reports is incorrect. The actual value (not display value - which is formatted version of value) - is correct though - so my code to monitor changes to the plugin thinks it has the correct value.

So there isn't that much I can do to make it work in this case - I'll have a think though. Nebula is just updating internally too slowly.

If I was to put a delay in between control change and display update - it would lag the whole Stripper system. Everything would become slow and sluggish.

The SENS control works - because it adds a delay between setting the value and reading the display value from the plugin. But you only use that when setting things up - and you can probably see how sluggish things become - so you can't add that to LIVE mode.

As I said - I'll have a think - but not sure there's much to be done in this case unless there's something I've not thought of yet.

It would help if I had the problem library in question - but I don't have Surge EQ - and none of my other Neb libraries are so slow as to suffer from this problem.

Let me think on this.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #2689
RJHollins

Thanks for the explanation ! Saved me a lot of time experimenting with possible settings that would not help.

SURGE does seem to be a heavy weight. Just loading in a Preset takes some time. I learned during Beta-Testing the reasons. The main BELL Presets have over 2,000 samples each ... and of course, it sounds spectacular.

I'll PM you regarding this library.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #2690
lb0

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation ! Saved me a lot of time experimenting with possible settings that would not help.

SURGE does seem to be a heavy weight. Just loading in a Preset takes some time. I learned during Beta-Testing the reasons. The main BELL Presets have over 2,000 samples each ... and of course, it sounds spectacular.

I'll PM you regarding this library.

Thanks
Have PM'd.

There's a new update out - but it's experimental at the moment - so only download if you're interested in the new features (but RJ - please can you try it).

Apart from hopefully a fix to RJ's problem - but not fully tested yet and there might be some issues with the fix (hopefully not - just not had time to test thoroughly yet), there is also the following:

You can change fonts for Controls / Gauges.

Also - the font selector - like in Graphics (and now CTL OPTIONS and GAUGE EDIT) will search for a file called

lbx_font_list.txt

in LBXCS_resources folder.

If it exists - on clicking the font selector - it will give you a menu with all the fonts described in the lbx_font_list.txt textfile.

The format is simply a fontname on each line of the textfile like:

Algerian
Arial
Arial Black
Arial Narrow
Arial Rounded MT Bold
Arial Unicode MS

On windows I was able to use this utility:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/windows_fonts_viewer.html

when run - switch off the samples (important) - then use the HTML Report for all function.

Then open the html file and select all the fonts in the table - copy and paste straight into an empty text file and call it lbx_font_list.txt.

Simple - and easy to edit manually to add/remove fonts...

On Mac - I'm sure someone will find a way to do a similar thing...
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #2691
lb0

Sorry - found a bug which stopped choosing font for control without lbx_font_list.txt existing.

Fixed.

Ooops - another minor fix for font list appearing in wrong place for control font chooser.

Another thing - when sharing strips - if anyone gets around to it - if the font is missing it will default to whatever the default is (on my windows it's Arial) - so things may look a little different.

Last edited by lb0; 03-31-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #2692
RJHollins

OK ... Whatever ya did FIXED at least 2 main issues I had.

1st ... the Numeric displays refresh with the correct setting. Yes, there is a slight jiggle in the numbers, but settles quickly. I'm not sure how others might be affected ... will test later.

2nd ... Resetting a Knob to DEFAULT is working. [the ones that had problems].

... more testing to come ... just wanted to quickly report.

I've yet to test new FONT feature. Will re-read your post to learn what to do.

THANKS !

[from PM ... again, you're call ... just let me know.

rj
Old 03-31-2017, 11:05 AM   #2693
lb0

Quote:
OK ... Whatever ya did FIXED at least 2 main issues I had.

1st ... the Numeric displays refresh with the correct setting. Yes, there is a slight jiggle in the numbers, but settles quickly. I'm not sure how others might be affected ... will test later.

2nd ... Resetting a Knob to DEFAULT is working. [the ones that had problems].

... more testing to come ... just wanted to quickly report.

I've yet to test new FONT feature. Will re-read your post to learn what to do.

THANKS !

[from PM ... again, you're call ... just let me know.

rj
Yeah - it will be sluggish with Surge EQ - but that is a result of Nebula.

My code to check the internal script control value now checks the display value instead of the number value itself - so it should always be correct. I just need to check there are no glitches elsewhere with the different control types in my script (like CYCLE controls etc). But initial impressions it seems ok.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:44 PM   #2694
levets

Quote:

On PC ... using FireFox.

2. click VIEW RAW

hope that helps
It was the "Save as" that did it!

Thanks!!!
levets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #2695
timbralzoom

out of the subject but i couldn't resist to mention here..
there is a new sequencers
HY-SEQ16x3
http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-seq16x3/
HY-MPS:
http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-mps/

they are affordable i guess and both has free versions
so what? :
every parameters has host automation ID, so ready for Snapshots
testing SEQ16 works great so far.

EDIT:
back to business

finally i had chance to use Macro Knob... a little bit weird way,
two parameters Bank MSB and LSB parameters from reacontrol midi (two red meters in the gif) linked to a Macro Knob...
taking & loading Snapshots working nicely but
the thing i need to ask is...
it doesn't show the stored / re called value (even graphically doesn't move)
am i expecting something wrong-irrelevant?
here is what i am trying to explain:

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-31-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:25 AM   #2696
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
out of the subject but i couldn't resist to mention here..
there is a new sequencers
HY-SEQ16x3
http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-seq16x3/
HY-MPS:
http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-mps/

they are affordable i guess and both has free versions
so what? :
every parameters has host automation ID, so ready for Snapshots
testing SEQ16 works great so far.

EDIT:
back to business

finally i had chance to use Macro Knob... a little bit weird way,
two parameters Bank MSB and LSB parameters from reacontrol midi (two red meters in the gif) linked to a Macro Knob...
taking & loading Snapshots working nicely but
the thing i need to ask is...
it doesn't show the stored / re called value (even graphically doesn't move)
am i expecting something wrong-irrelevant?
here is what i am trying to explain:
Macro controls currently are not stored in snapshots.

I don't remember if this was a deliberate decision or just an ommission I'd not yet thought about. But as a snapshot can contain the target parameters of a macro control anyway - and setting the macro within a snapshot will add CPU cycles to the process of setting the snapshot up - maybe I thought it wasn't worth adding.

Should be easy enough to add though if required...

I know you definitely cannot have a macro as the target of a macro. It all works fine until you create a feedback loop - eg. where Macro A is controlling Macro B which is controlling Macro A. It instantly kills Reaper, and I didn't want to have to recursively check each macro control every time its parameters where changed.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:23 AM   #2697
timbralzoom

ah!
Thank you,now i get it why there is "Automation" in the macro settings..
also just realized there is simple parameter modulation solution in this case
please just forget - ignore what i said!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #2698
RJHollins

Just setup the new FONT feature [lbx_font_list.txt]

Got a nice long list ... seems to be working fine. Will test more as I continue building

Thx
Old 04-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #2699
lb0

Quote:
Just setup the new FONT feature [lbx_font_list.txt]

Got a nice long list ... seems to be working fine. Will test more as I continue building

Thx
Yes - eventually I will reorder the fonts - maybe create a font chooser.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #2700
RJHollins

Maybe some way to have a group of 'Favorite Fonts' ? You've started me using the Calibri font, and I like how clear and legible it is.

thx
Old 04-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #2701
RJHollins

Things are working really well. I'm re-doing the few EQ's I started during the earlier testing period.

But [don't cha just hate that :|] I have a conflict happening.

When using a KNOB, we have both a NAME and VALUE that can be shown.

The problem: the color of a KNOB and the color of the 'background' panel determines the FONT COLOR that is most effective.

Black may be the best color for VALUE displayed on a Knob surface, but the Knob Name goes black on a black background.

2. Some Knob colors require using a different VALUE color. Instead of white numbers on darker knobs, we may need a darker color on a white knob.

The conflict is that the Name and Value share the same Font Size, Color, etc.

I'm doing work-arounds as needed, maybe this could be address down the road.

Thanks !
Old 04-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #2702
lb0

Quote:
Things are working really well. I'm re-doing the few EQ's I started during the earlier testing period.

But [don't cha just hate that :|] I have a conflict happening.

When using a KNOB, we have both a NAME and VALUE that can be shown.

The problem: the color of a KNOB and the color of the 'background' panel determines the FONT COLOR that is most effective.

Black may be the best color for VALUE displayed on a Knob surface, but the Knob Name goes black on a black background.

2. Some Knob colors require using a different VALUE color. Instead of white numbers on darker knobs, we may need a darker color on a white knob.

The conflict is that the Name and Value share the same Font Size, Color, etc.

I'm doing work-arounds as needed, maybe this could be address down the road.

Thanks !
Ha ha - the dreaded but!!

I'll add an extra color selector for the value so it can be different from the name. I had noticed this too!
Old 04-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #2703
lb0

Quote:
Maybe some way to have a group of 'Favorite Fonts' ? You've started me using the Calibri font, and I like how clear and legible it is.

thx
I agree about Calibri - but I also think if I were a better designer I'd know my fonts better and know when to use what to make things look just perfect... but I'm decidedly average at design and know only a few fonts well,

but I think your favourite suggestion will be needed indeed...
Old 04-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #2704
timbralzoom

ehamm.. strange question of the day
is drawing possible in lua?

Old 04-02-2017, 06:15 AM   #2705
lb0

Quote:
ehamm.. strange question of the day
is drawing possible in lua?

If it was coded in the script - of course. Why's that?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #2706
timbralzoom

hmm..
i guess wouldn't that much useful in general,
maybe only for this type of gate fx,
in this case i am trying to get benefit of the gate section only of the
camel space & snapshots..
i thought having all 8 separate gate window in one strip interface would useful
but seems it will take too much space...
probably i'll go back to my tiny meters solution and will use the plugins interface.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:54 AM   #2707
RJHollins

Here's a question ...

When we open a new LBX project, and drag in a STRIP. Is there a setting to SNAP the drag-in to the screen grid ?

I'm trying to figure out how to continue designing a GUI, but when I drag a strip in, it's freely placed, but anything new I add can be snapped.

The problem is the alignments don't match up.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #2708
lb0

Quote:
Here's a question ...

When we open a new LBX project, and drag in a STRIP. Is there a setting to SNAP the drag-in to the screen grid ?

I'm trying to figure out how to continue designing a GUI, but when I drag a strip in, it's freely placed, but anything new I add can be snapped.

The problem is the alignments don't match up.

Thanks
Hmm... my strips snap to grid just fine when dragged in. It might be caused by a background graphic being the item snapped to the grid when dragging in a strip - thus carefully placed controls will not be aligned to grid necessarily.

Will see what I can think of when I get a few spare moments.

BTW. found that bug I thought might be in the new updating controls code - causes the drawcontrols routine to be continually called (even though no controls need updating).

I've fixed here - but will publish it later on when kids are not doing my head in!! RJ - when the fix is released - can you please check Surge EQ still works ok...
Old 04-02-2017, 08:53 AM   #2709
dasombre

I have a hopefully tiny option-request if possible:
- an option to disable "autosave" when closing the script window.

I had a problem yesterday, where I was working on a mastering and I deleted a plugin which had controls in the stripper (a Nebula Eq). Then I wanted to reopen the project and saw that stripper had lost the controls of this plugin because it saved itself but i did not save the reaper project. I must have closed the script window first, then reopened the project in question.

I think the autosave when closing the window can lead to some unexpected results if the user decides to reopen a project which is currently open without saving.

In the meantime I have to take good care of when I close the stripper window. And I do this very often during work.

Hopefully this is worth considering
Auto-save is very useful in a lot of cases, but would be great if we could optionally disable it too if needed.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #2710
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
I have a hopefully tiny option-request if possible:
- an option to disable "autosave" when closing the script window.

I had a problem yesterday, where I was working on a mastering and I deleted a plugin which had controls in the stripper (a Nebula Eq). Then I wanted to reopen the project and saw that stripper had lost the controls of this plugin because it saved itself but i did not save the reaper project. I must have closed the script window first, then reopened the project in question.

I think the autosave when closing the window can lead to some unexpected results if the user decides to reopen a project which is currently open without saving.

In the meantime I have to take good care of when I close the stripper window. And I do this very often during work.

Hopefully this is worth considering
Auto-save is very useful in a lot of cases, but would be great if we could optionally disable it too if needed.
Sorry you've had some issues Dasombre. I'll see what I can do regarding autosave. If you can be sure to hit SAVE each time before you close the script window - then you might be ok disabling autosave. But if you ever forget - then that sessions edits are lost if you close the script window before saving...

Did you know even if you delete a fx plugin - if you undo the delete in reaper - it should relink the controls in stripper.

Also - if you have the create backup option set in settings - it stores the data as a backup file when you hit SAVE (and not when you close the script window).

Another option - in ... top bar menu - you can perform a load alternate data file - so you can point it to the back up - or indeed lbxstripper__ file, or the lbxstripper file - to see if those have the data you require.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #2711
lb0

Ok - aforementioned update is released including fix for control drawing routine so it doesn't constantly go through all the controls when it doesn't need to.

I've also added a very experimental panel (accessed by pressing 1 at the moment). This shows you all of the current tracks fx - and you can drag them up and down to reorder. It does this by manipulating the track chunk - and works well in my tests - although if you have a Nebula (Neb3 i've tested with) instance in the fx chain and this instance moves in the chain - it takes a while to update. I think it reinstantiates the instance from the chunk data so it's like reloading the fx. This is annoying as dragging fx up and down in Reapers mixer is instant - but there appears to be no dedicated API that I've found to enable you to do it other than using the chunk - which is slower than reaper does it.

But it seems to work ok - but as always with the fx chunk - if I get anything wrong then things could go awry.

I plan to add ability to delete fx from this panel. ... and to show whether an fx plugin has any controls in the a strip but not got that far with it yet. Let me know if you notice anything odd with it please

Cheers,
Old 04-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #2712
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
If you can be sure to hit SAVE each time before you close the script window - then you might be ok disabling autosave. But if you ever forget - then that sessions edits are lost if you close the script window before saving...

Did you know even if you delete a fx plugin - if you undo the delete in reaper - it should relink the controls in stripper.

Also - if you have the create backup option set in settings - it stores the data as a backup file when you hit SAVE (and not when you close the script window).

Another option - in ... top bar menu - you can perform a load alternate data file - so you can point it to the back up - or indeed lbxstripper__ file, or the lbxstripper file - to see if those have the data you require.
thank you very much for the info. I worked around it, so it was not a big disaster I totally forgot that the controls would have come back if I had just changed track selection real quick after undo. And yes I did an undo, the FX came back but the controls not. And I forgot about the track selection thing. Stupid me

But it still happens that I reopen a project I'm working on, regularly. For example after some sound-experiments or so, and then just reopen the project and do the exact stuff I chose before in the experiement.

Just so I understand you correctly: when I just work with the script and close the window (saying: I did not add controls or anything else just edited FX parameters via controls in stripper) then I close the window (without save and auto save): what would be lost in this case? Would added strips (via rightclick favorites or strip-browser) be lost too in this case?

Seems really that autosave should always be on then
Have to think about the saving-logic a bit more so I can rule out my own mistakes. Otherwise I'm a pretty confident "stripper"

Great info with the backup option. This makes the option to disable autosave obsolete very cool. I just have to memorize this important information.

Thanks a lot for helping out.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #2713
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Ok - aforementioned update is released including fix for control drawing routine so it doesn't constantly go through all the controls when it doesn't need to.

I've also added a very experimental panel (accessed by pressing 1 at the moment). This shows you all of the current tracks fx - and you can drag them up and down to reorder. It does this by manipulating the track chunk - and works well in my tests - although if you have a Nebula (Neb3 i've tested with) instance in the fx chain and this instance moves in the chain - it takes a while to update. I think it reinstantiates the instance from the chunk data so it's like reloading the fx. This is annoying as dragging fx up and down in Reapers mixer is instant - but there appears to be no dedicated API that I've found to enable you to do it other than using the chunk - which is slower than reaper does it.

But it seems to work ok - but as always with the fx chunk - if I get anything wrong then things could go awry.

I plan to add ability to delete fx from this panel. ... and to show whether an fx plugin has any controls in the a strip but not got that far with it yet. Let me know if you notice anything odd with it please

Cheers,
OK ... testing the new features.

I'm not sure I notice any change in the drawing routines. Everything seems to be working as expected.

2. the new '1' feature also seems to be working. Including Nebula-4 !!

I only moved a few effects up and down. They moved fine. Neb-4 had the correct preset. Will continue testing this feature.

3. More future requests [ugg]

a. GRAPHICs Elements: The ability to right-CLK to COPY and PASTE a graphic element on the GUI.

b. The ability to select multiple graphic elements, so they can be moved/positioned in the layout.

c. minor idea: can TEXT have a VERTICAL orientation ?

--- just some ideas for the future [if possible]. I now have 4 different N-4 EQ's in design. With the new GAUGE feature [which is fantastic], I can now design a layout with intent. [plus I need the practice to improve my designs]. I'm also finding my way round, better, working with LBX.

I'm also bouncing out to KnobMan to put together some new elements.

One very handy feature is the ability to SCALE down KNOBs and such. Previously, I was making 3 different sized Knobs ... but it seems I can just design one, 'El-Grande' Knob, and scale down from there.

THX
Old 04-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #2714
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
thank you very much for the info. I worked around it, so it was not a big disaster I totally forgot that the controls would have come back if I had just changed track selection real quick after undo. And yes I did an undo, the FX came back but the controls not. And I forgot about the track selection thing. Stupid me

But it still happens that I reopen a project I'm working on, regularly. For example after some sound-experiments or so, and then just reopen the project and do the exact stuff I chose before in the experiement.

Just so I understand you correctly: when I just work with the script and close the window (saying: I did not add controls or anything else just edited FX parameters via controls in stripper) then I close the window (without save and auto save): what would be lost in this case? Would added strips (via rightclick favorites or strip-browser) be lost too in this case?

Seems really that autosave should always be on then
Have to think about the saving-logic a bit more so I can rule out my own mistakes. Otherwise I'm a pretty confident "stripper"

Great info with the backup option. This makes the option to disable autosave obsolete very cool. I just have to memorize this important information.

Thanks a lot for helping out.
If you add no controls - and just use live mode - then it should remember everything. it's more edit mode controls and capturing snapshots which require saving (stuff that cannot be recalled from the plugins/track params.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #2715
lb0

Quote:
OK ... testing the new features.

I'm not sure I notice any change in the drawing routines. Everything seems to be working as expected.

2. the new '1' feature also seems to be working. Including Nebula-4 !!

I only moved a few effects up and down. They moved fine. Neb-4 had the correct preset. Will continue testing this feature.

3. More future requests [ugg]

a. GRAPHICs Elements: The ability to right-CLK to COPY and PASTE a graphic element on the GUI.

b. The ability to select multiple graphic elements, so they can be moved/positioned in the layout.

c. minor idea: can TEXT have a VERTICAL orientation ?

--- just some ideas for the future [if possible]. I now have 4 different N-4 EQ's in design. With the new GAUGE feature [which is fantastic], I can now design a layout with intent. [plus I need the practice to improve my designs]. I'm also finding my way round, better, working with LBX.

I'm also bouncing out to KnobMan to put together some new elements.

One very handy feature is the ability to SCALE down KNOBs and such. Previously, I was making 3 different sized Knobs ... but it seems I can just design one, 'El-Grande' Knob, and scale down from there.

THX
I appreciate all the testing you're doing.

All your requests will be added - Vertical text I'm not sure about though. There will be some overhead rendering it. Do you mean letters correct way up but reading down. Or text rotated 90deg? Either way - I guess labels would benefit nicely from it. Don't think I'd add it to controls/gauges though... Although probably no need.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #2716
ZenMaster

Hi! After following the procedure in the install video, I get this error message: LBX Stripper.lua:30808: attempt to index a nil value (local 'file')

I already tried to paste and save into a new script but no luck
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:55 AM   #2717
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Hi! After following the procedure in the install video, I get this error message: LBX Stripper.lua:30808: attempt to index a nil value (local 'file')

Ok - can you please confirm the exact filepath where you have placed the LBXCS_resources folder.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:06 AM   #2718
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

Hmmm... ok I don't think it's the location of resources folder.

I've uploaded a new version which should produce a message if there is a problem opening a file variable - and at least should continue if there is a problem.

Please note - this is not a fix for the error - but you might find it gets you past the initial problem.

Can you please try latest version and report any messages to me.

If it does let you continue and open the script - can you report any further error messages it produces - or let me know whether it starts working from then on... EDIT: The problem line of code is when it opens a file for saving data into. I'm wondering if the folder it's saving to is protected in some way... Otherwise it may be a problem with the save location string - which hopefully it might report and be more obvious...

Thanks,

Last edited by lb0; 04-03-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #2719
timbralzoom

is there is a solution/workaround to see Toggle actions state graphically in stripper?
trying to find new way via using "Track: Toggle solo for track 01 to 99" actions
to my solo with midi CC actions way which is caused a little problem with the old heavily midi based projects.
sorry if this already asked-discussed before.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #2720
lb0

Quote:
is there is a solution/workaround to see Toggle actions state graphically in stripper?
trying to find new way via using "Track: Toggle solo for track 01 to 99" actions
to my solo with midi CC actions way which is caused a little problem with the old heavily midi based projects.
sorry if this already asked-discussed before.
At the moment - not sure. Will look into when I get some time.