Old 07-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #361
DANIELE
Human being with feelings

Hi MPL, I'm trying to play with the script "Save selected tracks FX chains" but I don't understand where FX Chains should be saved.

Based on what I understand from a previous post, if I do it in an unsaved project they should be saved in REAPER/FXChains folder, but I don't find them there.

Could you explain this to me? Thank you.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #362
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELE View Post
Hi MPL, I'm trying to play with the script "Save selected tracks FX chains" but I don't understand where FX Chains should be saved.

Based on what I understand from a previous post, if I do it in an unsaved project they should be saved in REAPER/FXChains folder, but I don't find them there.

Could you explain this to me? Thank you.
It seems you don't have latest version, it ask for directory to save.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #363
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
It seems you don't have latest version, it ask for directory to save.
I downloaded and installed it from reapack. V 1.05

It doesn't ask me anything...
Old 07-04-2019, 08:48 AM   #364
mpl

Quote:
I downloaded and installed it from reapack. V 1.05

It doesn't ask me anything...
It does work here on windows.
Doesn`t tested on mac though.
It also require JS API extension to be installed.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #365
DANIELE

Quote:
It does work here on windows.
Doesn`t tested on mac though.
It also require JS API extension to be installed.

This is the strange thing, I'm on Windows, I have the JS API extension installed, I reinstalled it many times but it keeps not working.

I had an old version installed and I uninstalled it before installing this, I also had "Save all tracks FX Chains" and this was working. Then I did an update of Reapack and it marked it as obsolete, then I deleted it.

I don't know why this doesn't do anything, I click on RUN and nothing happens.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #366
mpl

Old "Save all tracks FX Chains" is 1) affect all tracks, not only selected; 2) bad design internally. So I mark it obsolete. Actually every thing marked obsolete is not recommended to use for various reasons.

I made some fixes, it is probably related to loading script configuration. Try 1.06.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #367
DANIELE

Quote:
Old "Save all tracks FX Chains" is 1) affect all tracks, not only selected; 2) bad design internally. So I mark it obsolete. Actually every thing marked obsolete is not recommended to use for various reasons.

I made some fixes, it is probably related to loading script configuration. Try 1.06.

Yeah, I thinked about it, no complaints. I now it did on every tracks, I was saying this only to bring to your attention that this old script was working as expected, at least from my point of view.

Thank you for the update, I'll try it out this evening after work and I'll let you know.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:43 AM   #368
sonicowl

Hi, mpl.
For RS5K manager, is there a shortcut/action to copy selected pad to next, with +1 note start/end?
I know it is easy to do it with Ctrl+drag pad to next pad. But in some cases (only one hand free) it would be faster/easier to use custom key/button/midi action to do this.
Would you consider adding such action please? Thank you.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:36 AM   #369
Phazma

Hi mpl,

I use your script 'Add send to selected tracks' a lot. Is it possible to set up that the new receive track does not appear at the bottom of the track list but right below the send track?
Also can I somehow disable that it prompts me to add a prefix* and suffix* for the new track? I would prefer it just creating the receive track with the same name as the send track (or maybe something generic like "Send 1").. if not possible I could also live with it just asking for a prefix as I probably will rename it anyway but I see no point in adding a suffix.

* Am I right that prefix/suffix has no function other than naming the track?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 AM   #370
Tiggerdyret

Hey,
I hope it's alright, that I post this here as you say you are open to request. I have this idea for a script that automatically find a tempo and quantize midi drums, so you won't have to stick to a metronome when playing live. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222834
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #371
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Hi mpl,

I use your script 'Add send to selected tracks' a lot. Is it possible to set up that the new receive track does not appear at the bottom of the track list but right below the send track?
Also can I somehow disable that it prompts me to add a prefix* and suffix* for the new track? I would prefer it just creating the receive track with the same name as the send track (or maybe something generic like "Send 1").. if not possible I could also live with it just asking for a prefix as I probably will rename it anyway but I see no point in adding a suffix.

This.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #372
Phazma

Quote:
Hi mpl,

For those who are interested in the same changes... I know nothing about scripting but out of curiosity I opened the script to see if I might understand something and try to mess with it. And I actually managed to get rid of the prefix and suffix prompts and even to name the receive after the send track.

What I did was simply deleting the following lines:
local retval, pref = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send prefix', 1, '' ,'')
local retval1, suff = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send suffix', 1, '' ,'')
if retval or retval1 then

If you want to name your track after the sending track go to the line where it says
new_name =
and delete everything that follows on that line and just leave src_name without any . or '

If instead you want to give all receives you create a predefined name like for example "Receive" just write 'Receive' after the =

What I tried but didn't manage to do is make it call the new track "Receive src_track" (src_track being the name of the sending track).

Sadly I didn't manage to have Reaper insert the receive directly under the send, looks like that already involves some knowledge about lua.

Ultimately I repeat: I know NOTHING about scripting, so if you try what I have described do it AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #373
DANIELE

Quote:
Yeah, I thinked about it, no complaints. I now it did on every tracks, I was saying this only to bring to your attention that this old script was working as expected, at least from my point of view.

Thank you for the update, I'll try it out this evening after work and I'll let you know.

Sorry for the delay MPL, the v 1.06 doesn't work as the previous one. For instance there's a similar SWS action that do pretty much the same thing and it works if this could be of any help to you.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #374
Alez156

Default Bug: Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua

Hello, MPL!!

No idea how this happened. It doesn't happen in a fresh REAPER install. (Using REAPER 5.980 on Mac 10.14.1)

I always use your script: "Script: mpl_Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua" - it used to work great!

But it is now changing my mode to Swing and making it 0%. So if I had some swing settings it will overwrite it. Make it 0% and change it to Swing mode every time I use your script.

No idea what's going on - I love this script and it speeds up my workflow so much. Any ideas?

Here's a gif:
https://cl.ly/a0ca189c4040

EDIT: I started a new project and it no longer happens! I had to migrate the whole project to a new one haha. Very strange!
Anyways, love your scripts. thank you so much for making such awesome stuff!

Last edited by Alez156; 07-18-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Alez156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #375
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
Hello, MPL!!

No idea how this happened. It doesn't happen in a fresh REAPER install. (Using REAPER 5.980 on Mac 10.14.1)

I always use your script: "Script: mpl_Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua" - it used to work great!

But it is now changing my mode to Swing and making it 0%. So if I had some swing settings it will overwrite it. Make it 0% and change it to Swing mode every time I use your script.

No idea what's going on - I love this script and it speeds up my workflow so much. Any ideas?

Here's a gif:
https://cl.ly/a0ca189c4040

EDIT: I started a new project and it no longer happens! I had to migrate the whole project to a new one haha. Very strange!
Anyways, love your scripts. thank you so much for making such awesome stuff!
AFAIK it is not possible to set MIDI editor grid (and type) from API, so it is ReaScript limitation I guess easy solvable on Cockos side.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #376
mpl

Quote:
Sorry for the delay MPL, the v 1.06 doesn't work as the previous one. For instance there's a similar SWS action that do pretty much the same thing and it works if this could be of any help to you.
Use SWS then?
Old 07-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #377
DANIELE

Quote:
Use SWS then?

I do but I think it could be useful to give this information to you. Maybe you could need it for other purposes or scripts, your script should works...well, thank you.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #378
strachupl

Hi mpl.
I was interested to find a way to set mouse modifier by script and I found:
Code:
Script: mpl_Set default mouse modifier action for media item left click to [Split item at mouse cursor].lua

So I have no idea about scripts and lua commands.
I see that when I change action code I can modify it but always when I click media item the edit cursor is moving also. Is there a way to avoid edit cursor moves?
p.s Reaper unfortunately have tendency to move cursor whatever you do

I did custom action:
store cursor
do action
recall cursor but damn cursor still moving

It looks like clicking item have some default bahaviour to move this cursor at the end. Also tricky when you set to no action still item gets selected.

Last edited by strachupl; 07-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #379
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
always when I click media item the edit cursor is moving also. Is there a way to avoid edit cursor moves?
No, it is up to REAPER developers.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #380
mpl

Quote:
Hi mpl,

Code:
  local defsendvol = ({reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString( 'REAPER', 'defsendvol', '0',  reaper.get_ini_file() )})[2]
  local defsendflag = ({reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString( 'REAPER', 'defsendflag', '0',  reaper.get_ini_file() )})[2]

function main()
      for i = 1, reaper.CountSelectedTracks(0) do
        local tr = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0,i-1)
        if tr then 

track_col =  reaper.GetTrackColor( tr )
          _, src_name = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String( tr, 'P_NAME', '',false )
          reaper.InsertTrackAtIndex( reaper.CSurf_TrackToID( tr, false ), true )
          new_dest_tr =  reaper.CSurf_TrackFromID( reaper.CSurf_TrackToID( tr, false )+1, false )

new_send_id = reaper.CreateTrackSend( tr, new_dest_tr)
          if new_send_id >= 0 then
            new_name = src_name..' Send 1'
            if new_dest_tr then
              reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String( new_dest_tr, 'P_NAME', new_name ,true)
              reaper.SetTrackSendInfo_Value( tr, 0, new_send_id, 'D_VOL', defsendvol)
              reaper.SetTrackSendInfo_Value( tr, 0, new_send_id, 'I_SENDMODE', defsendflag)
            end
          end
        end
    end
      reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows( false )
  end

main()
Old 07-21-2019, 06:14 AM   #381
Phazma

Thank you a lot for the modifications!
Old 07-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #382
puddi

I'm trying to create a way to toggle show only selected tracks in TCP and the closest script I found was "mpl_Toggle show only selected tracks in mixer.lua". I then edited all the 'B_SHOWINMIXER' to 'B_SHOWINTCP' and while it works pretty well there's one little problem. If I already have some tracks hidden it first shows them before toggling the selected tracks.

Is there a way to make it remember the state of hidden tracks so that they stay hidden when running the script? Mind you I know nothing about coding so maybe my edit of your script makes no sense and there's a better way to do it.

Code:
function is_tracks_hidden()
  if reaper.CountTracks(0) ~= nil then
    for i = 1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
      tr = reaper.GetTrack(0, i-1)
      if tr ~= nil then
        vis_mcp = reaper.GetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, 'B_SHOWINTCP')
        if vis_mcp == 0 then return true end
      end
    end
  end
  return false
end

if is_tracks_hidden() and reaper.CountTracks(0) ~= nil then -- if something hidden
    if tr ~= nil then reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, 'B_SHOWINTCP',1) end
  end
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(false)
 else
    if reaper.IsTrackSelected(tr) then 
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, 'B_SHOWINTCP',1)
     else
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, 'B_SHOWINTCP',0)
    end
  end
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(false)
end
Thank you for all your work, I appreciate it!
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #383
_Stevie_

@mpl, this might be of interest for you. The devs overhauled the TCP/MCP and therefore BR_GetMouseCursorContext_Track() wont work anymore.
It either needs an update or GetTrackFromPoint() can be used instead.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=64
Old 08-04-2019, 03:42 AM   #384
Phazma

Hi mpl,

is it possible to make a version of "mpl_Open FX browser and close FX browser when FX is inserted" that sets the track name to the inserted effect.

I would need it to create a custom action that when run adds a track, colors it with a custom color (which I use for instruments), opens the fx browser, let's me chose a vsti and finally names the track after it.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #385
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Hi mpl,

is it possible to make a version of "mpl_Open FX browser and close FX browser when FX is inserted" that sets the track name to the inserted effect.

I would need it to create a custom action that when run adds a track, colors it with a custom color (which I use for instruments), opens the fx browser, let's me chose a vsti and finally names the track after it.
You can add this script to your custom action "Script: mpl_Rename selected tracks as first FX.lua".
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #386
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
You can add this script to your custom action "Script: mpl_Rename selected tracks as first FX.lua".
The problem is that while I am browsing the fx browser the custom action has already been executed. But I found another workaround anyway: I switched on auto track coloring and added all names of my instruments as rules to trigger my desired color.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #387
potentstudios

Default New to ReaPack

I don't know how I've went this long without knowing about ReaPack. I've got the manager installed along with the Various_Functions. However, I'm not sure where to even bring up the Visual Mixer or how to use it.

Last edited by potentstudios; 08-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.
potentstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #388
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentstudios View Post
I don't know how I've went this long without knowing about ReaPack. I've got the manager installed along with the Various_Functions. However, I'm not sure where to even bring up the Visual Mixer or how to use it.
ReaPack script packages go to Action list. If you know why you need it, you know how to use it.

Last edited by mpl; 08-11-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 AM   #389
mplay

First time posted in your thread, so first of all a big thank you for all your work! Your quantize tool does exactly what I've been looking for, I was wondering if the following is possible: When creating a chromatic midi file when dynamically splitting an item, the midi item has velocity variation. I'm then using the midi item as the source for the quantize tool. Would it be possible to get that velocity information straight from the audio file? Because when I use the split audio file as the source, I don't get any velocity changes when applying it to midi. Not a big issue, but it would speed up my workflow

Another minor workflow thing would be if I could reverse a sample in RS5K with one click, instead of dragging it to the arrangement, reversing it and dragging it back
mplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #390
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplay View Post
Another minor workflow thing would be if I could reverse a sample in RS5K with one click, instead of dragging it to the arrangement, reversing it and dragging it back
I`ve added mpl_Reverse focused RS5k instance sample.lua into RS5k tools package.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #391
mplay

Quote:
I`ve added mpl_Reverse focused RS5k instance sample.lua into RS5k tools package.
Awesome! I already installed most of your scripts, I'm finding everything is super useful. Will have take a donation soon.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:24 AM   #392
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplay View Post
Would it be possible to get that velocity information straight from the audio file?
Added for 2.22 (thanks to nofish for dedicated SWS API).
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 AM   #393
mplay

Quote:
Added for 2.22 (thanks to nofish for dedicated SWS API).
That's awesome!
Old 09-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #394
anomar

Default MPL Mapping Panel - Win10 Update

Hi MPL !
I recently installed your amazing Mapping Panel and started to use it with
Reaper v5982 and Win10 1903 18362.239 , everything was working very fine.
So I updated Win10 to 1903 18362.295 and Mapping Panel loads but its impossible to
add the last touched plug-ins parameters anymore.
I try to use MPL versions older than 2.04 but the behavior is the same.
I do not know if others users had this issue, so I will keep an eye here at the forum.
Thanks !
anomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #395
anomar

Default Resolved - Mapping Panel-Win10

Mapping Panel 2.04 Working Again after

The latest Win10 Update:
KB4515384
vs1903

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomar View Post
Hi MPL !
I recently installed your amazing Mapping Panel and started to use it with
Reaper v5982 and Win10 1903 18362.239 , everything was working very fine.
So I updated Win10 to 1903 18362.295 and Mapping Panel loads but its impossible to
add the last touched plug-ins parameters anymore.
I try to use MPL versions older than 2.04 but the behavior is the same.
I do not know if others users had this issue, so I will keep an eye here at the forum.
Thanks !
anomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #396
pepe44

Hi mpl, thanks for all your scripts man! really appreciated.
I use a lot of the Insert focused FX to selected tracks, preserve parameters. i can copy VST but not JS plugins.
I uninstalled from reapack and installed all again but didnt fix it.

Thanks.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #397
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Hi mpl, thanks for all your scripts man! really appreciated.
I use a lot of the Insert focused FX to selected tracks, preserve parameters. i can copy VST but not JS plugins.
I uninstalled from reapack and installed all again but didnt fix it.

Thanks.
Works here. Are you sure you use latest version of this script (1.01)?
Old 10-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #398
pepe44

Yes. Its 1.01
I tried again and i could copy one instance of JS Saturation, i tried with Saike Tanh Saturation with anti aliasing and didnt work, now none works.
Could be something on saike code "breaking" the script ?
Old 10-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #399
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Yes. Its 1.01
I tried again and i could copy one instance of JS Saturation, i tried with Saike Tanh Saturation with anti aliasing and didnt work, now none works.
Could be something on saike code "breaking" the script ?
I doubt it. It use native API for copy/paste FX without any conditions.

Last edited by mpl; 10-16-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #400
pepe44

i recently did a reset to factory default, but i sync´d all the reapack stuff, i did uninstall your script and installed it again. Any advice so i can fix it ?