Old 01-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #881
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
GUI thingy is my bad, I've forgot to disable debug before pushing the update

Undo moving box to prior position is on my to-do (this is little more complex)

AIs are not yet supported (the code is IN but needs a lot of work because env points in AIs are calculated differently). Its on TO-do

Can you please make a GIF of this crashes (silent stops). Not sure what is causing them... I get them occasionally at random times, cannot reproduce them.

I am aware of that envelope bug which flattens everything. But I cannot reproduce it also (happens random), so if you have a 80-100% way to reproduce them I will fix them.

That ULTRA ADVANCED MAGICAL behavior is also in the script, it can do that (check the gifs on the first page), but it will be worked on when the basic functionality is sorted.

Yeah I thought to ask Julian about helping implementing that here since he has all the functions and I need to make some of them from scratch.

Amazing news. Thank you.

I will see if I can figure out how to reproduce the envelope flattening thing.

Here is a gif showing a crash, as well as some other odd behaviour. I'm using ctrl-drag to copy the midi parts, but it's also pooling them. Could this be to do with my mouse modifier settings in Reaper? I have alt+left drag set to 'copy items', and ctrl+alt+left drag set to 'copy items pooling midi data'. I'm assuming we will be able to edit the modifiers that the script uses? Is this possible already? If so then I should probably test that too.

After the midi pooling, you can see I'm fiddling around for a bit trying to make it crash, and it does after a delete command. The delete doesn't actually delete anything, and you can see GUI disappear as the script crashes. I've also had it do the same on drag to move and drag to copy though.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #882
Sexan

Reapers modifiers do not matter when you are drawing Area or you press on it (mouse intercept kicks in).
Your modifiers even if the script may have bug here and there should not trigger pooling since you do not press that combo (you only hold ctrl on Area if you want to drag). Can you try disabling that modifiers just in case and try again?

Hm.... cannot reproduce that pooling bug. Can you share the project if its not a problem?

Current implementation is:
When CRTL+ALT or CTRL+ALT+SHIFT or you are ON area mouse is blocked to reaper,and also keys that are predefined with function (del,copy,paste).

Will make this user configurable.
Also I've pushed one more update to turn off the DEBUG GUI.

Also drag copy has some bugs I'm fixing (copy on another track it moves the area there instead keeping it where it is)

Last edited by Sexan; 01-09-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #883
Joe90

Quote:
Hm.... cannot reproduce that pooling bug. Can you share the project if its not a problem?
Just testing some more, I think it's only happening on a midi item with multiple takes.

I think that's the solution. If not then let me know and I'll share the project.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #884
Sexan

I'm not much of a MIDI guy so.... how do you make multitake midi? Just like audio? Record few times?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #885
Joe90

Quote:
Also drag copy has some bugs I'm fixing (copy on another track it moves the area there instead keeping it where it is)
FWIW - I think it actually SHOULD move with copied selection whenever drag copying. This is the behaviour I'm used to from other DAW's anyway. Not a big deal though.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #886
Sexan

OH yeah that seems logical (did not think about it), but again my implementation has bug,fixing....

Last edited by Sexan; 01-09-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #887
Joe90

Quote:
I'm not much of a MIDI guy so.... how do you make multitake midi? Just like audio? Record few times?
Yeah just loop a selection and play on a midi keyboard whilst it's loop recording.

Or you could take two separate midi items, place them above each other on different tracks, then use the action 'Take: Implode items across tracks into takes'.

The pooling on copy drag doesn't happen if take 1 is selected, if any others are selected then it does.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #888
Sexan

Drag Copy fixed so area follows new target position
Update live

Ok will try

EDIT:
Yeah got that bug, fixing thanks!
Old 01-09-2020, 08:45 AM   #889
BirdBird

I have managed to reliably recreate one of the silent stops:
* Hold ctrl and shift to start drawing an area
* Release shift or ctrl before drawing the second point of the area while keeping left click held
* Release left click

For the master track here is a project file where it happens, I am not sure if it is related to my config in any way, will check with a fresh install and report back.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Area51 Master Track Bug.rpp (5.9 KB, 136 views)
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #890
Sexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
I have managed to reliably recreate one of the silent stops:
* Hold ctrl and shift to start drawing an area
* Release shift or ctrl before drawing the second point of the area while keeping left click held
* Release left click

For the master track here is a project file where it happens, I am not sure if it is related to my config in any way, will check with a fresh install and report back.
You got it thank you! now I need to figure out why it stops
Old 01-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #891
BirdBird

Testing in a fresh install, the master track silent stop only seems to be happening in the project file I sent, but not for fresh projects in the new install.
Investigating what seems to be causing it, perhaps there is a setting somewhere that changes how some API function behaves.

Edit: The line "MIXERUIFLAGS 11 305" in the project file seems to be causing it. Trying to track down what setting updates that flag. Setting it to "MIXERUIFLAGS 11 48" for example does not cause the silent crash.

Edit 2: Found it, it is Right click on mixer > Master track > Show in mixer

Edit 3: Made a pull request that fixes it, let me know if I did the pull request wrong please, this is the first time I am working with branches in Git

Last edited by BirdBird; 01-09-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #892
BirdBird

Found out what causes the envelope flattening bug in the meanwhile: https://streamable.com/i1len

*Make an area selection
*Trim it from the right side
*After that every area selection flattens envelopes that it goes over
Old 01-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #893
Sexan

Update live:
Fixed Silent stop (if one of the modifiers are released while area is being created)
Fixed envelope flattening
Merged your PR regarding master track

You can also post issues on the git, with Gifs and stuff

Last edited by Sexan; 01-09-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #894
Sexan

Update live:
Move only selected part of selection instead of everything in touch with selection

Implemented this properly (I hope )

Oh btw..... almost forgot... added predefined SPLIT function attached to "S" key

EDIT: Removed this function little more broken than I thought, fixing really soon.... my bad

Last edited by Sexan; 01-09-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #895
Joe90

Seeming much smoother - barely seeing any silent stops at all now.

Please see this behaviour - I've made an area selection that includes items and an envelope, all I'm doing in this gif is hitting delete and undo one after the other, multiple times. First it deletes only the envelope points, then it deletes the whole selection as expected, then back to the just the envelope points, etc... -

Another question regarding envelope editing - currently if you delete a part of an envelope, it has the chance of effecting parts of the envelope outside of the A.S. You can see this in my gif, the envelope ends up sloping downwards towards the edge of the A.S, then up again after that. Ideally, after cutting that section shown in the gif, it should look like this in my opinion -

Again, this would require the script to create new envelope points I guess, so perhaps it's just not implemented yet. Thought I'd bring it up in case it hadn't been considered.

Edit: you've just posted a new version while I'm writing this - I haven't tested this behaviour with that version yet.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #896
Sexan

Yeah undo will need a lot of tweaking, just basic code is added so you guys do not lose your work. But it will need its own undo system.

That is happening because when you delete AREA content that data does not exist anymore. So when you hit undo it brings the objects back but there is no data content for area any more. Thats why it does not deleting items on the second run. Not even sure how it restored that envelope data (which you CAN delete)

Envelopes are complex and they will need a lot of tweaking
Old 01-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #897
Sexan

For the pleasure of easily excited community BEHOLD of duplicate (and very smart one):

Not yet in, its in DEV branch, somethings need to be fixed before release.

This is coming along nice and I have some help from BirdBird!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #898
reapero

Hahah..this has so many options it's ridiculous!

Not sure if I'll get used to several AS ever but its freaking cool!

Nice that somebody is helping you
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #899
_Stevie_

Quote:
Update live:
Move only selected part of selection instead of everything in touch with selection

Implemented this properly (I hope )

Oh btw..... almost forgot... added predefined SPLIT function attached to "S" key

EDIT: Removed this function little more broken than I thought, fixing really soon.... my bad
Once the feature is back, will it respect locked items, when splitting?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #900
Sexan

Yes it will (will make it) since I can get info are items locked or not via

Code:
 reaper.GetMediaItemInfo_Value( item, "C_LOCK")
Old 01-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #901
_Stevie_

Yep, exactly Thanks!
Old 01-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #902
FarBeyondMetal

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

The script is definitely running, I am running the latest Refactor version. I have SWS pre-release and the latest JS_API installed but when I make a time selection it is just the normal time selection, not the area selection.

Running REAPER 6.02 on Windows 10.
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #903
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondMetal View Post

The script is definitely running, I am running the latest Refactor version. I have SWS pre-release and the latest JS_API installed but when I make a time selection it is just the normal time selection, not the area selection.

select while holding ctrl+shift
Old 01-10-2020, 07:06 PM   #904
Sexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondMetal View Post

Code:
CRTL + SHIFT + DRAG = DRAW SINGLE AREA
CRTL + SHIFT + CLICK = REMOVE AREA
CTRL + SHIFT + ALT = DRAW MULTIPLE AREAS

CTRL + C = COPY MODE
CTRL + V = PASTE
DEL = DELETE
ESC = REMOVE SELECTIONS
S = SPLIT
Soon I will update the first page with all the info, next update fixes a lot of things and few new behaviors are coming.

Last edited by Sexan; 01-10-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #905
Vagelis

Hey it's getting closer, nice! Btw i 've noticed a big position offset while the AS is active and i'm navigating with the hand scroll (right click+drag)

EDIT: Moving the AS with selected points, creates edge points.

*Also would it be possible when the AS is activated to bypass the default left drag modifiers for track,envelope and media item contexts?

Last edited by Vagelis; 01-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #906
todoublez

Don't know why,
it's wrking in background for sure,
but I couldn't draw any selection with it.

I tried cmd+shift or ctrl+shift

nothing happens.

is it not competable with Mac yet ?

Thx for ur effort
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #907
Sexan

I'm really having hard time fixing osx issue.... i rally do not know what to do, there are multiple problems I asked for some help but I still did not get anywhere.

Please make a gif of your issue tod

Last edited by Sexan; 01-11-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #908
reapero

Sexan, i know this is probably not there, and maybe you even didnt think about it, but i am in a project where it would be very helpful to do this:

Instead of selecting area with CTRL + SHIFT, i´d like the AS to start at the lef edge (beginning) of an item. Could tere be a way to do this? Maybe just adding a field to manually input the start/end time of the area selection would do it as well.

What happened in my project is that all of the items got displaced away from the actual tempo grid of the tune. So it would be nice to start AS at the start of the kick item, which is nowhere near quantized, and then enable snapping and move everything precisely to the start of a bar. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #909
Sexan

The code for snapping should be improved, now it snaps only on grid, would need to add to snap to items so your problem would be solved (to detect that item is there so it ignores the grid while selection is being drawn)
Old 01-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #910
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Sexan, i know this is probably not there, and maybe you even didnt think about it, but i am in a project where it would be very helpful to do this:

Instead of selecting area with CTRL + SHIFT, i´d like the AS to start at the lef edge (beginning) of an item. Could tere be a way to do this? Maybe just adding a field to manually input the start/end time of the area selection would do it as well.

What happened in my project is that all of the items got displaced away from the actual tempo grid of the tune. So it would be nice to start AS at the start of the kick item, which is nowhere near quantized, and then enable snapping and move everything precisely to the start of a bar. Hopefully that makes sense.
Just curious... why not just ctrl-a to select all, make sure that 'automation follows events' is on, then just move the items?
Old 01-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #911
reapero

Oh snap to item! Well thought. Snap to item + grid would work wonders in this scenario
Old 01-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #912
reapero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Just curious... why not just ctrl-a to select all, make sure that 'automation follows events' is on, then just move the items?
It's just a part of the tune that got out of sync. I think the only way around it is to click on the kick item then hold shift until the last clip I want, then move this selection. The problem is it's quite a big project with items all over the place, some of them need to be sync, some others dont. I guess I'll need to do this operation several times until I fix all the timings.

This would be a super fast thing to do using multiple AS!
Old 01-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #913
Sexan

It will be added to create area from selection:

Select item - double click - creates area around it
select multiple items - double click - create area around them

Or something similar without selecting an item but directly double click.

Hold some modifier to create individual areas per item.. etc

Its on To-Do
Old 02-12-2020, 06:27 AM   #914
permeke

Can someone guide me step by step what and where to download and install.
I'm on OSX.
Sorry for the question, I'm a musician , not a programmer.
thank you.

Last edited by permeke; 02-12-2020 at 06:46 AM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #915
permeke

Error: Area_51_Refactor.lua:928: attempt to call a nil value (global 'MouseInfo')

Stack traceback:
Area_51_Refactor.lua:16: in function 'crash'
Area_51_Refactor.lua:928: in upvalue 'Mouse_Data_From_Arrange'
Area_51_Refactor.lua:1113: in function <...aScripts-Area51_API_Refactor/Area51/Area_51_Refactor.lua:1111>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Area_51_Refactor.lua:1110: in local 'Main'
Area_51_Refactor.lua:1216: in main chunk

Reaper: 6.03/OSX64
Platform: OSX64
Old 02-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #916
svijayrathinam

Can someone pls help me to install this on a mac OS X. A step by step guide will be very useful. I downloaded the repack link and imported. I also tried to download the scripts manually and tried to install it. I see them in my actions list. But when i run nothing seems to happen. Someone pls help me how to do this.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #917
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
Can someone pls help me to install this on a mac OS X. A step by step guide will be very useful. I downloaded the repack link and imported. I also tried to download the scripts manually and tried to install it. I see them in my actions list. But when i run nothing seems to happen. Someone pls help me how to do this.
In Sexan's last messages, he mentioned that there are still some bugs in the OSX version, including that the areas aren't visible onscreen, so unfortunately I don't think you can use it yet.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:20 PM   #918
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
In Sexan's last messages, he mentioned that there are still some bugs in the OSX version, including that the areas aren't visible onscreen, so unfortunately I don't think you can use it yet.
Thank you for the reply. I am really looking forward for the Mac OS X version. This looks very very impressive.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:54 AM   #919
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Yes got that.
If Sexan needs help for testing on osx , I have plenty of Macs and .... time
Old 02-13-2020, 07:27 AM   #920
Ideosound

Same, well keen for a mac version!
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote