Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
BobbiMac
Human being with feelings

Default HELP! Reaper won't recognize EZDrummer File path

Hi Everyone,
Help! I've got new computer set everything up but Reaper Won't recognise EZ Drummer file path in Preferences to enable me to insert virtual instrument. I enter below into Preferences without success, re scan an no luck.
I scan for new plugs, still no joy.
Can anyone help?
This is what I have listed in my Prefereneces bar in Reaper FYI:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;C:\ProgramFiles\Toontrack\EZdrummer;C:\ ProgramFiles(x86)\Toontrack\EZdrummer;C:\ProgramFi les\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll;C:\ProgramF iles(x86)\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll

The File Paths that EZ Drummer gives me when I click on 'Help' tab in EZ Drummer to show file path are:
for 64 bit: C:\ProgramFiles\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll
32 Bit are: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrumme r.dll

I've downloaded both 32 and 64 EZdrummer & it was all working on my old laptop, but had latency issues, so now have purchased new Dell laptop and uploaded latest EZ Drummer and Latest Reaper again on my new laptop and can't get Reaper to recognize EZdrummer.
This is my system: Dell Laptop: Processor Intel R Core TM I7 4600 U, CPU at 2.10 GHz, 2.70 GHz, 16 Gig Ram, 64 bit operating system.
I am running latest versions of both EZDrummer2 and Reaper presently.

I tried uninstalling EZ and reinstalling, but Reaper would still not recognise Plugin.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
BobbiMac

PS Does it matter which you down load first i.e. should I uninstall everything again and download reaper first or EZ drummer first? I'm at a loss as to why it's not working.
Thanks again everyone.
PPS I can use EZ Drummer as a Stand alone but really want to be able to use it in Reaper
Thanks again everyone.
BobbiMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiMac View Post
This is what I have listed in my Prefereneces bar in Reaper FYI:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;C:\ProgramFiles\Toontrack\EZdrummer;C:\ ProgramFiles(x86)\Toontrack\EZdrummer;C:\ProgramFi les\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll;C:\ProgramF iles(x86)\VstPlugins\Toontrack\EZdrummer.dll
In general, you should only add the folders where the plugins are located to the VST plugin paths in the preferences (and not any of .dll plugin files directly).

So in this case, having only these folders should be enough:
Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins; C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins; C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3; C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\VstPlugins; C:\ProgramFiles\VstPlugins
Then press [Clear cache/re-scan] afterwards.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
solger

As additional note:

If you're only using 64-bit plugins, you could also remove the 32-bit folder paths completely. So it looks like this:
Quote:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins; C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3; C:\ProgramFiles\VstPlugins
Old 07-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #4
ChrisBlue

dll in paths crashed my system and couldn't reopen. That was on bad advice from Toontrack
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
BobbiMac

Default Will try this, thanks Solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
As additional note:

If you're only using 64-bit plugins, you could also remove the 32-bit folder paths completely. So it looks like this:
Will try this, thanks Solger
BobbiMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #6
Col Ray

Default Reaper Wont Recognise EZDrummer with me too

So i have read the thread and im having the same issues
My plug in path has the correct information as shown but all i get is a list of VST:Rea.... (Cokos) in instruments and VST folders
Any ideas why?
Col Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #7
ivansc

Uninstall it all & then reinstall it via toontrack product manager, which will do all the hard work for you. The start reaper again & it should find EZD easily. If it still fails, add the path C:\Program Files\VSTplugins\Toontrack to the vst locations window in Reaper & then do a "clear\rescan".
Old 02-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #8
Col Ray

Default Reaper Wont Recognise EZDrummer with me too

What am i missing
Running EZD 2 32 bit 44100
Running Reaper 32 bit
Both using ASIO windoes driver
Both can see mu Behringer UMC 404 and work through it yet i still cant get Reaper to recognise EZD
I have done the Scan/Re scan , then paste the path
I can see it in the folder
I want this to work because i'm impressed with Reaper and once i get it working i will buy the program but if it doesn't see EZD then it is no use to me

Any ideas, even if it's the basic computer 101 type sugestion

Thanks
Col Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:55 AM   #9
ivansc

what "folder" can you see "It" in & what "It" are you referring to: the actual .dll file, or something else?

I don't know if you already did or not, but you might want to check out the free video tutorials and the free user guide at reaper.fm to get a better handle on how the basics work.

One thing: you said you had done a scan/re-scan, but I hope you meant a CLEAR/re-scan?

The way Reaper works is that if you add a new plugin which reaper doesn't pick up automatically on re-starting reaper or after a plain rescan, Reaper needs to have the whole plugin location "log" cleared and re-scanned from new.

This is because Reaper automatically wipes any dodgy plugins that fail on initial install scan from the "working plugins" list. clearing and re-scanning takes care of any missing plugins.

Most importantly, I suspect you did it the wrong way round.
You need to do a clear/rescan AFTER you add the path to the new plugin, not before.

I am going to assume that when you say you can see it, that you are seeing either the folder with EZD in or the actual plugin when you go to insert the plugin on a track, but it wont work.

What might give us all a better idea of what is going wrong would be if you could go in and highlight all of your plugin location paths from the Reaper VST window.

i.e. go to options/preferences/VST and save a copy of your VST plug-in paths(can be separated by semicolons) as a text file, which you can then add as an attachment to your response
Old 02-18-2020, 03:46 AM   #10
Stella645

Sounds to me like you're talking about the standalone version of EZdrummer that you have running.

This is not the same as the plug-in version that Reaper will see and use.

So you need to find out where the plugin (A dll file) is installed and point Reaper to that path (or move the dll to a vst plugin folder...not to the path of the standalone exe.

If this isn't working as ivan suggests export a list (or show a screencap) of your plugin paths in Reaper preferences.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote