Old 06-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #161
ron-e-g
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
The difference is I am posting a link to an image and you are trying to attach an image to a post.
Attachments have size limits, a link is just a pointer to another webpage.
The file size for a link doesn't matter because the forum is not hosting the actual file.
Wouldn't that be the same as when I tried to post a image hosted by another w/ URL? (See post #149 attachment, URL error.PNG)
As for the "tint track panel backgrounds" I found it one different click away, or should I say below in "Track Control Panels" Options>Preferances>Track Control Panel Got it working!

As for my files I really must have screwed them up. The gold theme does work..pretty sure. The others, guess I'd have to know exactly what there supposed to do.. to say for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: png I have this.PNG (17.8 KB, 335 views)
File Type: png And I have this.PNG (31.9 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by ron-e-g; 06-07-2018 at 05:55 PM.
ron-e-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #162
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-e-g View Post
As for the "tint track panel backgrounds" I found it one different click away, or should I say below in "Track Control Panels" Options>Preferances>Track Control Panel Got it working!
Awesome!
strange that your Track Control Panels settings page is in a different location, though.

Quote:
As for my files I really must have screwed them up. The gold theme does work..pretty sure. The others, guess I'd have to know exactly what there supposed to do.. to say for sure.
I don't think the Solaris Brighter files are needed any more.
I'm pretty sure they were incorporated in an earlier update, so they are no longer necessary.
They were just add-on files to make the text on the layouts brighter and easier to read.

Quote:
Wouldn't that be the same as when I tried to post a image hosted by another w/ URL? (See post #149 attachment, URL error.PNG)
Apologies, I only glanced at that error screenshot and didn't notice what you were trying to upload was a link to the file and not the actual file.
Here's some magic for you:

all you needed to do was put the following code in your post with your reply;
Code:
[img]https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png[/img]
notice it is just a direct link to the image between the ON and OFF IMG tags.
Another option is to just post it as a link like I did for the screenshots in the first post of this thread.
you put the URL between the URL tags like this:
Code:
[url=https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png]Screenshot[/url]
The link will look like this:
Screenshot

if you just post the link it looks like this:
https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png

Large screenshots can be troublesome on small screens (phones) so using the link version is preferable most of the time.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 06-08-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: fixed error to clarify Solaris Brighter files are no longer needed
lucas_LCS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #163
ron-e-g

Quote:

all you needed to do was put the following code in your post with your reply;
Code:
[img]https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png[/img]
notice it is just a direct link to the image between the ON and OFF IMG tags.
Another option is to just post it as a link like I did for the screenshots in the first post of this thread.
you put the URL between the URL tags like this:
Code:
[url=https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png]Screenshot[/url]
The link will look like this:
Screenshot

if you just post the link it looks like this:
https://s15.postimg.cc/9i9aio2uz/Screenshot_7.png

Large screenshots can be troublesome on small screens (phones) so using the link version is preferable most of the time.
I just thought the up-loader in advanced post window did all that automatically.

Thanks Lucas for all your help.
Thank You too xpander.
ron-e-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #164
lucas_LCS

Quote:
I just thought the up-loader in advanced post window did all that automatically.
it's just for attaching files to a post.

Quote:
Thanks Lucas for all your help.
Thank You too xpander.
You're welcome!
Glad you got everything sorted out.

NOTE: I updated my previous post to clarify Solaris Brighter files are no longer needed.
This files should be already included in the current version of the theme.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #165
lucas_LCS

Default Transport Changes 09/09/2018

Changes only affect Solaris Blue
Changes now available on Stash:
Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2

UPDATE - Sept 2018:
- lowered transport height several pixels
- change Play Rate knob to a better matching blue.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 03-17-2020 at 07:52 PM. Reason: removed code for missing graphic
Old 09-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #166
ivansc

Quote:
Changes only affect Solaris Blue

UPDATE - Sept 2018:
- lowered transport height several pixels
- change Play Rate knob to a better matching blue.

Has this update been applied to the same download as shown in your signature, or is there a new link to the stash??

Use the blue version a lot, btw. Thanks
Old 09-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #167
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Has this update been applied to the same download as shown in your signature, or is there a new link to the stash??
Please note that the Signature link is actually to the first post in this thread.

Yes, the Stash file was updated before I posted the news.
I have added a direct link in the update post above.
While I don't use version numbers for the file, you can always tell by the upload date

Uploaded On:
September 09, 2018 at 05:44 PM

I suggest users change the name of their current version or move it to folder with a vertsion number on it before installing the new version, since the earlier version is no longer available.

Also, this is likely the last update for this version unless a major bug is found.

I am contemplating a possible version 3 with different buttons for the TCP and a different fader for the TCP volume and MCP Pan.
I will possible remove many of the Spacer layouts in an effort to cleanup the menu and reduce the size and complexity of the theme to make installation easier.

I will decide on this after I have finished with the current updates for the LCS_Ringer-PRO theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Use the blue version a lot, btw. Thanks
You're welcome! Glad you like it.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 09-09-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #168
ivansc

Thanks, Lucas. Got it and will start playing next week. Just finishing off some really rough demos of new stuff for my band, so fun time has to wait!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:17 AM   #169
Doc Brown

Hi Lucas

This is a fantastic looking theme with really nice functionality. I was wondering if you have a version with a dark midi editor to match the rest of the theme. I only use dark themes as they are easy on my eyes and this one is nice and dark but then when I open the midi editor it's basically a stark blast of light and it kind of throws me off due to the substantial contrast difference to the rest of the theme. I use two monitors and the midi editor opens on its own monitor so everything is easy to work with but all the bright elements throw me off.

Thanks again Lucas
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #170
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Hi Lucas

This is a fantastic looking theme with really nice functionality. I was wondering if you have a version with a dark midi editor to match the rest of the theme. I only use dark themes as they are easy on my eyes and this one is nice and dark but then when I open the midi editor it's basically a stark blast of light and it kind of throws me off due to the substantial contrast difference to the rest of the theme. I use two monitors and the midi editor opens on its own monitor so everything is easy to work with but all the bright elements throw me off.

Thanks again Lucas
Hi Doc.

I use this theme since a little time (Thx Lucas, Thx Albert.), and knowing that it's not possible with every theme, this one is easy to customize with the tweak action window.I had the same problem as you have and now every screen is nicely dark grey and blue.
Bye
jeranx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #171
Doc Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranx View Post
Hi Doc.

I use this theme since a little time (Thx Lucas, Thx Albert.), and knowing that it's not possible with every theme, this one is easy to customize with the tweak action window.I had the same problem as you have and now every screen is nicely dark grey and blue.
Bye

Hi Jeranx.

Are you referring to the sharps and flat colors in the midi editor? What settings did you use for those if you don't mind me asking? I know next to nothing about theme editing but I know a little.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #172
jeranx

Quote:
Hi Jeranx.

Are you referring to the sharps and flat colors in the midi editor? What settings did you use for those if you don't mind me asking? I know next to nothing about theme editing but I know a little.

Thanks
Hi Doc.

Nothing better that an image to show something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jnj8qoblz...30-11.mp4?dl=0

In the tweak tool window, you can make it as dark as you like. I can't tell you witch settings, just play with the cursors in the color palette.

It took me a good time to get something I enjoy, but finally, I'm fine and this theme is really great.

Btw, I don't know if you know about the Auto color thing : Extensions/Auto color/Icon/Layout, which I use a lot for better automatic colors for my tracks. You name it and it's colored as you want, by groups, by instruments, anything you like.

Bye
Old 09-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #173
Doc Brown

Quote:
Hi Doc.

Nothing better that an image to show something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jnj8qoblz...30-11.mp4?dl=0

In the tweak tool window, you can make it as dark as you like. I can't tell you witch settings, just play with the cursors in the color palette.

It took me a good time to get something I enjoy, but finally, I'm fine and this theme is really great.

Btw, I don't know if you know about the Auto color thing : Extensions/Auto color/Icon/Layout, which I use a lot for better automatic colors for my tracks. You name it and it's colored as you want, by groups, by instruments, anything you like.

Bye

Thanks a lot jeranx. That looks awesome and is what I'm looking to do. I'm going to experiment when I get home.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #174
jeranx

You're welcome Doc
Old 09-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #175
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Hi Lucas

Thanks again Lucas
Your Welcome!
Unfortunately, I don't have a version with a darker Midi editor.
This is due to the current one being what I prefer.
I didn't see a need to make a darker version since this is easily tweaked through the Theme Tweaker, as Jeranx has helpfully pointed you to.

Thanks for the assist, Jeranx!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #176
jeranx

Quote:
Thanks for the assist, Jeranx!
You're welcome, Lucas. Bye
Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #177
lucas_LCS

forum member talustalus reported missing buttons on the transport when using a 4K monitor or display.
I will upload the theme later with an update that includes the fix.

[4/22/2019 EDIT: removed old RTCONFIG file and instructions. it is no longer valid after v2.5]

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 04-22-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #178
MaXyM

I have to ask for MIDI VU meters.
While default skins have those meters thin (I believe 1 or 2px line), in this skin (and a few others) this indicator is literally big, see picture.

Is it intention of a theme author or something which can be set to own preferences? I know I can change a color in theme tweaker.

MaXyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #179
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
I have to ask for MIDI VU meters.
While default skins have those meters thin (I believe 1 or 2px line), in this skin (and a few others) this indicator is literally big, see picture.

Is it intention of a theme author or something which can be set to own preferences? I know I can change a color in theme tweaker.
the width appears to change according to the width of the meter.
I'm not finding a way to control it beyong that.
I'll keep looking into it and adjust it if I find a way.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:56 AM   #180
Xaos

Lucas, I've got to send you a HUGE thank you. Not just for making the theme I've had to tweak the least to make lovable and usable when just using my 13" MacBook Air without a second monitor, but for your patience and willingness to address people's requests and issues. I'm not currently able to donate anything (severe back injury put me in a rough spot for a bit), but will soon, and would like to donate to both you and Albert. This theme is just amazing! I spent days tweaking Imperial, and never got it quite right for me. (I do miss the bright lights on the buttons.) I think I tried every theme in the stash, too, and I'm in a forever kind of love with this one!

There is one thing that is a really big issue for me, and I thought it was just a quick fix in the Theme development/tweaker because I recall changing it on other themes, but I don't see it in Solaris LCS Blue v2. That's the track name color in the TCP. The dark grey is almost impossible to read on my small monitor with the track colors being so dark. (I love this, btw. I like to have the waveforms almost neon colors a la Audition and the media item backgrounds close to black. In your theme, I can set the tracks to bright colors so the waveforms are bright, but the colors in the TCP are tasteful. I just LOVE this theme!

Am I missing where to change the TCP track name color?

My only other minor issue is with the gargantuan size of the clock in the transport bar, but I can totally live with that. It would be nice to tone it down some. It really kind of sticks out as cartoonish looking in such an elegant theme.

I have two other questions. When I'm using the theme, I have it with the standard .ReaprerThemeZip extension and it seems to be working fine. Did I miss something in this thread about the folder depth problem getting resolved, or am I missing out on something by using it that way?

Peace, all. If anyone can tell me how to brighten up those track names, I'll be in heaven!

Last edited by Xaos; 02-25-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Xaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:52 AM   #181
Xaos

Track panel text in the UI tweaker doesn't do it. It's overridden by the theme, if that's even it, so I tried changing these in the rtconfig.txt and no joy:

set tcp.label.color ?recarm [191 64 64] [200 200 200]
set tcp.trackidx.color ?recarm [153 52 54] [200 200 200] ;[200 200 200 255 ]

If I could just read those track names in the TCP, this theme would be perfect!
Old 02-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #182
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Lucas, I've got to send you a HUGE thank you.
you're welcome! Glad you like it.

I would appreciate it greatly if you would remove the OT Windows section from you post since it doesn't belong here.
Please post that in the General discussion forum where more people are likely to see it and respond.

Quote:
I do miss the bright lights on the buttons.
I removed the LED 'flares' because they cause eye strain.
The flares had nice look to them, but no flares proved to be better for me for long term use.
I also found I actually liked the buttons better this way.

Quote:
There is one thing that is a really big issue for me, and I thought it was just a quick fix in the Theme development/tweaker because I recall changing it on other themes, but I don't see it in Solaris LCS Blue v2. That's the track name color in the TCP. The dark grey is almost impossible to read on my small monitor with the track colors being so dark.
look for this in the RTCONFIG file:
Code:
set tcp.label.color  ?recarm [191 64 64] [108 108 108]
also try this setting in the Theme Tweaker window:
Track Panel Text

After testing, it appears the code you tried failed because you removed the space between the recarm color and the normal color.
this caused the theme to default to the color selected in the theme tweaker.
like this:
set tcp.label.color ?recarm [191 64 64] [108 108 108]
not this:
settcp.label.color?recarm[191 64 64][108 108 108]

Quote:
My only other minor issue is with the gargantuan size of the clock in the transport bar, but I can totally live with that. It would be nice to tone it down some. It really kind of sticks out as cartoonish looking in such an elegant theme.
Try the R4 transport layout. it's much smaller

Quote:
I have two other questions. When I'm using the theme, I have it with the standard .ReaperThemeZip extension and it seems to be working fine. Did I miss something in this thread about the folder depth problem getting resolved, or am I missing out on something by using it that way?
The theme can work in that form, but some layouts will not look right and you'll be missing color faders for some of the layouts.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #183
jeranx

Default Transport Sizing

Hi Lucas.

I have a little issue with the theme I can't manage. I'm lucky to have 3 screens and sometime, I extend the arrangement window up to 2 screen large. When I do so, it shows on the video, I don't have anymore the transport tools like Play, Pause, etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h12xe2biqj2g4yb/Transport%20Bar%20Tools.mp4?dl=1

Not a big deal but if it's something that can be managed easily, let me know.

Thanx.

Bye
Old 02-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #184
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Hi Lucas.

I have a little issue with the theme I can't manage. I'm lucky to have 3 screens and sometime, I extend the arrangement window up to 2 screen large. When I do so, it shows on the video, I don't have anymore the transport tools like Play, Pause, etc...
Not a big deal but if it's something that can be managed easily, let me know.

Thanx.

Bye
Yes, it's a known issue.
The buttons are being hidden by the clock when the Reaper window is stretched beyond the 1920 resolution width.
The fix is to use one of the other Transport layouts instead of the default.
The R4 layout is probably your best bet.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:40 AM   #185
jeranx

Quote:
Yes, it's a known issue.
The buttons are being hidden by the clock when the Reaper window is stretched beyond the 1920 resolution width.
The fix is to use one of the other Transport layouts instead of the default.
The R4 layout is probably your best bet.
Hi Lucas.

Yes, it's your answer above that's reminds me I have this problem, but the thing is I donc find this menu where I usually find the others.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbh8yuh3h1...ayout.mp4?dl=0

Do I miss something ?

Thanx
Old 02-25-2019, 03:53 AM   #186
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Hi Lucas.

Yes, it's your answer above that's reminds me I have this problem, but the thing is I donc find this menu where I usually find the others.

Do I miss something ?

Thanx
you need the latest version.
if you have tweaked your current version you will need to save it with a different name.
Alternatively, you can try making a backup of your version and then just switch out the image folder from the latest version.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #187
jeranx

Quote:
you need the latest version.
if you have tweaked your current version you will need to save it with a different name.
Alternatively, you can try making a backup of your version and then just switch out the image folder from the latest version.
Hi again, I've tried to do all this but still can't find any options to change transport shape. Is it where I shows on the video ? (in the options menu)
Old 02-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #188
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Hi again, I've tried to do all this but still can't find any options to change transport shape. Is it where I shows on the video ? (in the options menu)
My apologies.
I just realized I haven't updated the stash because I as planning to upload after I have finished the new buttons for the TCP.
you can get the updated RTCONFIG file from post [File remove, no longer needed] above on this page and use it to replace the one in your image folder.
If you have customized your RTCONFIG, then just copy all the transport layouts to your current RTCONFIG.
The Transport layouts are located at the bottom.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 04-22-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #189
jeranx

Quote:
My apologies.
I just realized I haven't updated the stash because I as planning to upload after I have finished the new buttons for the TCP.
you can get the updated RTCONFIG file from post #177 above on this page and use it to replace the one in your image folder.
If you have customized your RTCONFIG, then just copy all the transport layouts to your current RTCONFIG.
The Transport layouts are located at the bottom.
Hi Lucas, it's very kind from you but I don't how to manage things at that level.

Anyway, as I say, it wasn't a big issue.

Bye
Old 03-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #190
Xaos

Quote:
you're welcome! Glad you like it.
I don't just like it. I really, really LOVE it! I wish you'd put a "donate to Lucas" link up somewhere. Will donate to Albert as soon as I'm able. Thank you again for your patience and helpful attitude. They’re greatly appreciated. One of the reasons I’m asking all of these questions is to get a better understanding of theming so I can put my tweaks into a format that is worthy of sharing and to be able to help other people with newbie questions like mine. Right now, the only values I understand in the rtconfig file are the color and transparency values. I saw you posted the guide to Walter earlier in the thread, but I have had a hard time finding a basic theming guide. WT posted a guide to Pink, which was a big help. There must be a basic guide to theming somewhere that I haven’t been able to find yet. So, if there’s a place you can point me to answer any of my questions below, please do. I'm not being nit picky. I just want to learn.

Quote:
I would appreciate it greatly if you would remove the OT Windows section from you post since it doesn't belong here.
Please post that in the General discussion forum where more people are likely to see it and respond.
Just got rid of it altogether. My apologies. I was just curious, and I don't want to start an OS flame throwing party. This thread has a very friendly tone going on, so I thought it would be a good place to ask. My bad.

Quote:
I removed the LED 'flares' because they cause eye strain.
The flares had nice look to them, but no flares proved to be better for me for long term use.
I also found I actually liked the buttons better this way.
Yours are very tasteful. I can see why you like them. I kind of like a combination of your eye-friendly version and a skeuomorphic design. I’d like to use your amazing theme to learn how to tweak a few things so they’re just right for my monitor size and maybe make it easier for other people working on smaller monitors. Some of the things that save you eye strain cause me eye strain because I do a lot of work on just my 13’ MacBook Air, so higher contrast is helpful.

Quote:
look for this in the RTCONFIG file:
Code:
set tcp.label.color  ?recarm [191 64 64] [108 108 108]
also try this setting in the Theme Tweaker window:
Track Panel Text
Changing the Track Panel Text was the first thing I tried. The only thing that changes is the dB value under "Gain" in the TCP. The track name stays the same fairly neutral grey.

Quote:
After testing, it appears the code you tried failed because you removed the space between the recarm color and the normal color.
this caused the theme to default to the color selected in the theme tweaker.
like this:
set tcp.label.color ?recarm [191 64 64] [108 108 108]
not this:
settcp.label.color?recarm[191 64 64][108 108 108]
I fixed that and changed it to:
No joy. It's the same color after refreshing the theme. I also tried changing:
set tcp.trackidx.color
but that didn't do it either. It’s still a fairly dark grey that is hard to read on my monitor. Any ideas?

Quote:
Try the R4 transport layout. it's much smaller
I don't have any transport layout options. There's not even a Transport submenu under Layouts. I made sure to get rid of the .ReaperThemeZip file so now I see the colored slider options you were talking about, but still no transport layout options. I downloaded the new rtconfig.txt file you posted in January. There is only one line in any of the rtconfig files that has the word "transport" in it, and it's:
transport_showborders 0
This is all I have under Layouts:

This is not a big deal for me personally. I’m just wondering why it’s not showing up, again, for learning purposes.

There’s a weird thing that happens when I apply this theme, and I don’t think it was always this way because I noticed it looked lighter all of a sudden. When it’s in REAPER the background of the tracks in the TCP, the Transport bar, etc. are a lighter grey (rgb 54, 60, 67):

than in the screenshots of the theme (rgb 38, 42, 48):

I thought maybe this had to do with web safe colors, but that’s an ancient limit, and it’s a dramatic difference. I din’t mess with any settings that should have changed this, and it's even a little different when I upload it, but you can still notice the difference. Any ideas?

How can I change the default waveform color to the soloed color? I like the look of the neon looking waveforms like in Adobe Audition. (That’s the only thing I like about Audition!) Can someone point me to where this is changed? If I could do something like make the soloed tracks more pale or give them an edge color, that would be awesome.

Again, I’m looking for a fishing pole more than a fish here. The theme is wonderful, and I’d just like to be able to know how to change some of these things.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Xaos; 03-02-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Xaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:45 AM   #191
Xaos

Quote:
Hi Lucas, it's very kind from you but I don't how to manage things at that level.

Anyway, as I say, it wasn't a big issue.

Bye
It's easier than it may sound, if you want to do it. If you can use REAPER, you can handle this, no problem!

The rtconfig.txt file is in the images folder of the theme, which is in the ColorThemes folder of your REAPER resources folder. If you just search your hard drive for "Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2" you'll find the folder. You can open the rtconfig.txt file in any text editor. If you download the one from the link Lucas posted, you can just rename your old rtconfig.txt file, then put the new one in the "Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2" folder and refresh the theme. If you've made any adjustments to the theme (which I doubt, since you say you don't know how to do this), you can just copy and paste them into the new file, save it, and refresh the theme so apply them.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #192
lucas_LCS

@ Xaos
The Themer's Guide PDF is best.
There's a walk-through for creating a theme from scratch that includes an explanation of WALTER code.
Other good sources are the SDKs.
the WALTER Guide and SDK links are in the following Theme forum Sticky:
3. Making a REAPER theme
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181913

Button contrast:
it should be fairly simple to select the LED area of the button and make it brighter or a different color.
Unfortunately, I deleted the flares for the buttons long ago.

Track Label color:
how odd. I change it to this and it got brighter for me:
Code:
are you working on a copy of the theme with a different name?
open the theme tweaker and check the resource path at the bottom.
change to the correct path and save the theme if needed.
not sure what the issue is otherwise, unless you're forgetting to save the the RTCONFIG file before reloading the theme.
I do that a lot.

Transport Layouts:
I take it you got that fixed with the RTCONFIG from post #177?

Track background color:
you change this in the theme tweaker.
look for theses 2 settings:
Selected Track Control Panel Background
Unselected Track Control Panel Background
This is different from the track color settings you get to by right clicking on a track in the MCP or TCP.
This setting will also affect those colors.

change the default waveform color:
Look in the theme tweaker for anything with 'Media Item Peaks' and play with the color settings for them.

Happy Motoring!

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 03-02-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #193
lucas_LCS

Solaris_LCS Ver. 2.5 - *NEW - v2.5 uploaded on 3/20/2019

Blue and Gray versions are available:
Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2.5
Solaris_LCS_Gray_v2.5

* Note #1: you will need to unzip the file twice and then copy the Solaris_[blue or gray]_v2.5 folder and the accompanying Solaris_[blue or gray]_v2.5.ReaperTheme file to your Reaper ColorThemes folder.
The double zipping is due to file size limitations for Stash and the theme cannot be used in the .ReaperThemZip form due to what appears to be a folder depth issue.

Major update to version 2 which itself was an extensive re-build of version 1.
v2.0 added many new layouts, many of the graphic elements were modified or rebuilt.
v2.0 was also modified to have better flexibility than version 1.
v2.5 is mostly an overhaul of the TCP, but includes similar button updates to all layouts based on the THIN layout.
There are new layouts as well:
- Long Name - layout for the TCP
- A Strip - Strip layout for the MCP named 'A Strip' due to what appears to be menu limitations.
New additional Transport layouts :
- Blue Default - Same layout as the default in the LCS_Blue theme.
- Centered Controls - controls are more centered.
- R4 Default - as close as possible to the Reaper 4 default.

Other notable changes:
- adjusted the Midi Editor out-of-bounds area to be darker.
- added the norec images for monitoring with record disabled. Note: this feature is only available in Reaper v5.72 and after.
- Expanded the Recmode & Recmon button areas to include their half of the frame around the Recarm button to make it easier to click on instead of right clicking the Recarm button.
- changed track label text to turn blue/turquiose when track is a parent or an end folder. I just wanted it to happen with a parent folder, but the command doesn't appear to have that ability.
- changed the Transport Play, Pause and Record buttons to look like the whole button lit.
- added small button modes to the TCP IO and TCP Input FX buttons to make them also available in the smaller height or compact track size.

SCREENSHOTS:
------------------

/

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 03-24-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #194
+NRG

Awesome! Nice work!
Old 03-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #195
jeranx

Lucas. You know what perfection is. I just have in front of my eyes.

Cool Cool Cool. Thx Thx Thx.

Nothing much in the MCP for me, except the Strip that can be very useful in terms of place. But in the TCP, there's now everything I wanted to have, especially the Fx button in the upper part of the track that permit to have thinner tracks.

I would cherish your name for generations to come.

Bye
Old 03-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #196
lucas_LCS

@ +NRG
thanks!

@ jeranx
awesome! glad to hear you like the changes.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #197
Rusty Falcon

I really like the changes in 2.5. Great work and thank you very much for your time and effort!
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #198
jeranx

@ jeranx
awesome! glad to hear you like the changes.[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________ ____
I forget to mention the "Long names" layout in the TCP, very useful for my usual 3 or 4 different violins or cello, strings anyway.

Bye
Old 03-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #199
thunderbroom

Your work is stellar, Lucas. Thanks for these great updates!
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #200
ReaperMadness

The DL link in post #1 says "2.5". But the stash item it leads to still says "V2". Is that really V2.5?

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote