Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #281
Ben Zero
Human being with feelings

First up, karbo you've been as massive help and it's really appreciated!

Long story short, my main take-away is that this thing's pretty finickity to set up! A couple of times the thing even seemed to be bricked.

After multiple attempts and reboots I'm pleased to say I did manage to get firmware installer working - big thanks! You're definitely right about it not downloading and it ran all the way through eventually. Weirdly though if I now run the current Universal Control software it says I'm still on version v1.00 but that seems like it could be wrong and just unable to recognise an older version.

But... after updating I still had exactly the same problem. I then tried the XT driver and BOOM - the Faderport is following track selection! Now I think I should have tried this first - looks like I was possibly lead down the wrong path by some users saying the firmware was the issue in this thread? But even then, it's still a mystery that the standard driver doesn't work properly with my unit.

I wouldn't have got there without your help karbo - many thanks again for your time. Very happy to have this thing working.

Ben
Old 12-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #282
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
First up, karbo you've been as massive help and it's really appreciated!
My pleasure

Quote:
After multiple attempts and reboots I'm pleased to say I did manage to get firmware installer working - big thanks! You're definitely right about it not downloading and it ran all the way through eventually.
Yay!

Quote:
But... after updating I still had exactly the same problem.
I agree that is odd contrasted against my earlier test.

Quote:
I then tried the XT driver and BOOM - the Faderport is following track selection!
Time for another yay!

Quote:
looks like I was possibly lead down the wrong path by some users saying the firmware was the issue in this thread? But even then, it's still a mystery that the standard driver doesn't work properly with my unit.
I'd have to reread a bunch of posts to get context and it's a very old thread, hence my vague memory. It is possible though that something got jumbled up discussion wise concerning 1.3.8 or maybe someone thought that was the fix and it actually wasn't what fixed their problem. You know sometimes we get in a panic and try a bunch of things at once but again, I have no idea, it's been so long.

Quote:
I wouldn't have got there without your help karbo - many thanks again for your time. Very happy to have this thing working.

Ben
Just happy you are up and running, enjoy!
Old 12-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #283
Ben Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I'd have to reread a bunch of posts to get context and it's a very old thread, hence my vague memory. It is possible though that something got jumbled up discussion wise concerning 1.3.8 or maybe someone thought that was the fix and it actually wasn't what fixed their problem. You know sometimes we get in a panic and try a bunch of things at once but again, I have no idea, it's been so long.
Yes I think that's exactly it - it happens all too easily. Actually it happens in all walks of life, all the time... wag the dog, etc!

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #284
Ben Zero

Posted this in the other big Faderport thread but thought I'd put here too in case anyone can help:

This driver got my Faderport Classic working so nicely with REAPER - huge thanks to the devs!

One question - is it possible to enable the "fader pan" mode that's in the original/default driver? This is where you press Output and the fader works as the pan pot (it's much nicer to use than the actual stepped pan pot).

This is the only thing missing for me in this custom driver - I can't see how to do it. Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Big thanks

Ben
Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #285
karbomusic

It works that way in my version of the driver at the bottom of this thread's first post. If you are using the driver in the other newer thread from the_nimaj - check out that first post as there are a number of Pan specific setting that can be adjusted in the INI file.

FYI: The INI file exists for both of our versions, and they are settings the user can change to their liking - such as Pan settings or assigning reaper actions to buttons for your own use. Just remember the INI file in the newer thread has some settings that won't be observed in my older driver aka they aren't fully interchangeable.

If using my driver/INI file, make sure this is set to zero:

PAN_SCROLLS_TRACKS=0

In the newer driver, I think it's named PAN_MODE and has a couple of settings with one of those likely being the default you want. It's commented in the INI FYI.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #286
mijama

I just picked up a new FaderPort Classic on Reverb for $60 and installed FaderPortXT.

Holy crap, what a game changer. Everything works beautifully and I’ve been tinkering around with assigning different actions to the buttons to see what I like. This is going to make life much easier.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this fine project! I am so stoked!!!
mijama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #287
Bugh

Default Not working on my mac.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I just picked up an old Faderport Classic and I'm trying to make this work.

I'm running OSX 10.14, and there doesn't seem to be a 32bit version of Reaper 6 that will run on it (only 64), and there's only one version of FaderportXT for mac...I'm assuming it's 32bit? Is that why it won't run? Is there another work around?

Thanks!
Bugh is offline   Reply With Quote