Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 11-24-2022, 03:40 PM   #241
Jesta
Human being with feelings

Default Web remote

Hi, well so far this is working excellently for me. Thank you so much! I have one request - I'm not even sure whether it's possible or not.

The layout for the remote web interface is very useful, but it would be even better if it showed the title of the current song somewhere.

Unless I have the computer screen where I can see it I'm blindly using the navigation buttons to switch songs and it's kinda scary waiting to see if it's the song I'm expecting or not! Is that something that can be done?

Cheers!

NOTE: I found this, which looks like it would be perfect EXCEPT that it works by having all songs in one project within folders. I prefer ReaLive's method of multiple project tabs - https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181159

Last edited by Jesta; 11-24-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Jesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:34 AM   #242
lexaproductions

Hello Jesta,
Thanks for your interest in this. I understand the request as I've been confronted to it many times. I've never put much effort in coding this as I'm very poor in WEB stuff. I've built this using Jon Tidey's stuff

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:33 AM   #243
Jesta

Thanks lexaproductions, I really appreciate the work you've put into this.

In case anyone else is interested, I didn't work out how to display the song title on the web remote control app BUT I did manage to figure out a workaround of sorts, although it requires a second device.

Firstly, set up the Web Remote for ReaLive exactly as it is usually. Then (and here's something I didn't know…) you can add an ADDITIONAL web remote controller by specifying a different port number. On this new setup, choose the lyrics layout.

Then I added a track to every song, ran the lyrics.lua script and put the title of the song in the first line (maybe later I might put the actual lyrics in, or the titles of each song section).

This way I can have eg. my phone as the main controller for ReaLive and a second device eg. tablet displaying the song title that is about to begin. It's also handy because I can give other band members the specific lyric remote url and they can see what's coming next on their own devices too! No more shouting song titles across the stage!

I won't go into how to use the lyrics script here as it's covered elsewhere - here's where I found an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZZvk4x93o&t=462s
Old 11-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #244
lexaproductions

Clever!!!
Well done.
Im working on it.

Last edited by lexaproductions; 01-08-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #245
itamar92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesta View Post
Thanks lexaproductions, I really appreciate the work you've put into this.

In case anyone else is interested, I didn't work out how to display the song title on the web remote control app BUT I did manage to figure out a workaround of sorts, although it requires a second device.

Firstly, set up the Web Remote for ReaLive exactly as it is usually. Then (and here's something I didn't know…) you can add an ADDITIONAL web remote controller by specifying a different port number. On this new setup, choose the lyrics layout.

Then I added a track to every song, ran the lyrics.lua script and put the title of the song in the first line (maybe later I might put the actual lyrics in, or the titles of each song section).

This way I can have eg. my phone as the main controller for ReaLive and a second device eg. tablet displaying the song title that is about to begin. It's also handy because I can give other band members the specific lyric remote url and they can see what's coming next on their own devices too! No more shouting song titles across the stage!

I won't go into how to use the lyrics script here as it's covered elsewhere - here's where I found an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZZvk4x93o&t=462s
that's a nice workaround! but why not just use the region reader in the Realive Web app and in every first region instead of writing "Count" just write the name of your song. that way when you scroll between songs you will know which song you're at.
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #246
Jesta

itamar92. good idea! I think I'll use both methods together - rename "Count" for myself, and lyrics track for others onstage.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:46 AM   #247
lexaproductions

I think the best idea is to mod that web remote setup to read the project title. Great idea! That, I think I can make happen.