Old 11-30-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Stu
Human being with feelings

Default Golden Age Pre-73 MKIII owners

Hello all,

Iím trying to find out the depth of the Pre-73 MKIII so that I can order the correct size rack, but for the life of me I cannot find this information anywhere online. I donít have my Pre-73 at the moment, the only dimensions I can see online anywhere are 9.5Ē wide/1RU/half space but I really need to k ow the front to back depth - if anyone happens to be sat next to theirs could you take a quick measurement for me please? I would love you forever 😄
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
ivansc

Just checked & if you go to Golden Age`s website, they have a contact us box that you could use to ask him for the physical size. Nothing much on the site about the spec & yours is obviously way bigger than my "original" version of the pre-73.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #3
Stu

Cheers Ivan, Iíll give that a try. I think all of the P73 models including the DLX share the same chassis with the exception of the Pre-73Jr which is the 1/3 space one with less features.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #4
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Hello all,

I’m trying to find out the depth of the Pre-73 MKIII so that I can order the correct size rack, but for the life of me I cannot find this information anywhere online. I don’t have my Pre-73 at the moment, the only dimensions I can see online anywhere are 9.5” wide/1RU/half space but I really need to k ow the front to back depth - if anyone happens to be sat next to theirs could you take a quick measurement for me please? I would love you forever ��
Sweetwater web site states that is 1/2 Rack
Old 12-01-2022, 01:08 AM   #5
ivansc

Quote:
Cheers Ivan, I’ll give that a try. I think all of the P73 models including the DLX share the same chassis with the exception of the Pre-73Jr which is the 1/3 space one with less features.
Mine is exactly 8.5 inches wide, 2 inches high & 10 inches deep.

Be interesting to see what the current models are.... For what it`s worth, my version is by far and away the truest "homage" to the original one, including the transformers, which are made to the same spec as the Neve ones, by the same company (just a few miles down the road from me & I was a regular commercial customer back when I made stuff for MM and H&H in the seventies) which is still going strong.. FWIW, I asked if I could improve the GAP version by buying some of their canford-style transformers & the engineers told me there was no point, as the performance is identical with either version.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:13 AM   #6
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Mine is exactly 8.5 inches wide, 2 inches high & 10 inches deep.

Be interesting to see what the current models are.... For what it`s worth, my version is by far and away the truest "homage" to the original one, including the transformers, which are made to the same spec as the Neve ones, by the same company (just a few miles down the road from me & I was a regular commercial customer back when I made stuff for MM and H&H in the seventies) which is still going strong.. FWIW, I asked if I could improve the GAP version by buying some of their canford-style transformers & the engineers told me there was no point, as the performance is identical with either version.
Thanks Ivan, really appreciate it! I messaged GAP via the website but Iíve managed to find photos that confirm the width and depth are identical from version 1 through 3, the height on mine is shorter at 1.7Ē.

Now I can rule out a load of shallow rack cases but also know I donít need to get a super deep one either

Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:14 AM   #7
ivansc

Quote:
Iíve managed to find photos that confirm the width and depth are identical from version 1 through 3, the height on mine is shorter at 1.7Ē.
Silly me! I measured from desktop to top of of preamp, which IS 2", but that includes about 1/4" for the rubber feet underneath the preamp! "I is so poor I can`t even pay attention" apparently.