Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
jazzmandan
Human being with feelings

Default JamStix 3.2.0 with Reaper 4.111

Lots of problems with current Reapers,which I did not have in older versions of Reaper. Can I find an Old Reaper, say version 3.x to see if it resolves my problems?
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
jazzmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
pattste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmandan View Post
Lots of problems with current Reapers,which I did not have in older versions of Reaper. Can I find an Old Reaper, say version 3.x to see if it resolves my problems?
You can download old versions here:

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download-old.php
pattste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
jazzmandan

Thanks for the info - much apprecaited.

So Is JS 3.2.0 and Reaper 4.111 broken? Used JS with Reaper in the past with little problems. Started a new project with current versions and nothing but freezes and lockups. I get them in both Reaper 32 and 64 - but most of my experience is in 64.
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
Old 11-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
jazzmandan

Installed Reaper 3.78 32 bit and all is fine with JS 3.2.0 - wonderful, just what I didn't need to discover.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
bluzkat

Default more info needed...

What is Jamstix 'doing' (or not doing) in 4.111 that is causing a problem?

Old 11-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
jazzmandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
What is Jamstix 'doing' (or not doing) in 4.111 that is causing a problem?

Flacky as all get out. Functions within JS stop working and freeze the plugin. Also Reaper throws a specific error message and then will no longer display the JS UI. I could give specifics but surfice it to say it is broken, I am passing info on to Ralph. In the meantime I have now installed Reaper 4.01 32bit, and it seems to be solid. I will try Reaper 4.01 64 and then stop there until a fix is identified.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
JHughes
Banned

I had to quit using Jamstix for this reason. The strange interface doesn't help learning either. In the future, I shall try again.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
jazzmandan

Ralph has my log files and is checking into this now. I still have not given up on JS. When it is working it can be a joy. Problem is drumming is actually not easy to automate. The array of sounds is mind boggling and the multitude of rhythms is just simply beyond me. But God know we need them. And heck you have to give the bass player someone to hang out with in between sets.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
Ralph [Rayzoon]

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have identified the cause of the REAPER crashes with Jamstix under 64-bit and will release Update 3.3 on Monday to address this.

Current Jamstix owners can check this fix out now as Beta 8 on their download page.

Ralph Zeuner
Rayzoon Technologies LLC
www.rayzoon.com
Ralph [Rayzoon] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph [Rayzoon] View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know that we have identified the cause of the REAPER crashes with Jamstix under 64-bit and will release Update 3.3 on Monday to address this.

Current Jamstix owners can check this fix out now as Beta 8 on their download page.

Ralph Zeuner
Rayzoon Technologies LLC
www.rayzoon.com
Well done for posting on here so promptly, Ralph.

I have thus far resisted Jamstix3 but based on your attention to clients I am D/Ling the demo.
Ivan
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
jazzmandan

Just an FYI I have been working all day with newest JS 3.3.0 and Reaper v4.14 x64 with no problems at all, what a joy.

Thanks to JS and Reaper for working out the issues. ...