Old 02-27-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
Zlornick
Human being with feelings

Default Chroma key overlay rotation

Can't quite figure this out. I have a background video underneath another with the chorma key preset showing only the object of the top track. I want to rotate the top object, but it seems to invariably rotate the entire frame of the video with it, including the background.

Is there a way to get the two tracks to behave separately on image placement and rotation?

As an aside, the new chroma key presets are a nice improvement. thanks.
Zlornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 AM   #2
Eliseat

Hi Zlornik,

this is a bit tricky and not as obvious as one thinks.

You need a dedicated video processor to achieve your goal. You will find it in the action list. (Just filter "dedicated") This will create a video processor item which then can be dropped over your image item. (Maybe it only needs placed on the same track, so free item positioning could be allowed too. -> Just checked it! Works!)

Double clicking the dedicated video processor allows to choose presets which then only work on the track. Here is a short video of how to do it. I put a chroma key preset on the track and a opacity, zoom, pan preset per dedicated video processor over the image item.

https://mega.nz/#!X3p3ySwL!Ey_vKu9ci...vf1aOpAFpOHIOk

I personally think there should be an easier way to do this. wwwmaze and I were discussing this some month ago. Maybe a specific video folder could be the solution. A folder which creates a separate video stream with all inside and a those folder then build a true stack of videos. I don't know.

Hope, that helps a bit.

Greetings
Eli
Old 02-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
Winfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
dedicated video processor
Nice, I didn't know that! This I will look forward to play around with.

-W
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
Zlornick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Hi Zlornik,

this is a bit tricky and not as obvious as one thinks.

You need a dedicated video processor to achieve your goal. You will find it in the action list. (Just filter "dedicated") This will create a video processor item which then can be dropped over your image item. (Maybe it only needs placed on the same track, so free item positioning could be allowed too. -> Just checked it! Works!)

Double clicking the dedicated video processor allows to choose presets which then only work on the track. Here is a short video of how to do it. I put a chroma key preset on the track and a opacity, zoom, pan preset per dedicated video processor over the image item.

https://mega.nz/#!X3p3ySwL!Ey_vKu9ci...vf1aOpAFpOHIOk

I personally think there should be an easier way to do this. wwwmaze and I were discussing this some month ago. Maybe a specific video folder could be the solution. A folder which creates a separate video stream with all inside and a those folder then build a true stack of videos. I don't know.

Hope, that helps a bit.

Greetings
Eli

Interesting. That seems to work, although, maybe inconsistently. In an existing project with several layered video tracks, that worked and then didn't work. Opacity at 1 seemed to flip the background as well. Strange.

Another thing I tried just after posting this thread, was to create a separate video processor using the pan/zoom/opacity preset, and put it in FRONT of the chroma key processor... or on top in the list of plugins.

Seems like it could use some refinement.
Zlornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:37 AM   #5
Eliseat

If you find such inconsistencies don't be to shy to post them here in a specific thread. In my opinion its a big problem that the whole video part of Reaper lives in the shadows. Jon from Reaper blog is actually the only person who spreads the message. But if you take a look back in time: Just 6 months ago there were no separate video forum, playback optimizations, audio driven video presets or any other requested presets like blur, kaleidoscope, alpha blend etc. So there is already a lot going on in comparison to the many years of unanswered requests. That's why we have to put inconsistencies in relation. Patience is needed.

There is also a big movement against anything video depending in Reaper which shows up in this forum. So in Germany we say: "Es ist weder Fisch noch Fleisch" Its whether fish nor meat. And it means you can't get grip on something which isn't really defined. Reaper acts like a DAW. But in my opinion it actually is more of an Amazing Audio/Media Tool Box. How much focus the video section gets in the future also depends on how many people discuss and request video things.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:44 AM   #6
Skaven252

Thanks for this pointer! The dedicated video processor item helped me to get one step forward, but then I realized you cannot apply automation to it.

My goal was to add a little alpha mapped icon (a face) on top of a video and have it shake a bit up and down according to an audio input. But I was only able to get the icon to map and size properly by using a Pan/Zoom video processor as a take FX, and that won't listen to audio on the track so that I could use a sidechain.

Now I could use a looping automation item to emulate the shake, because while you can add automation envelopes to the item, you cannot use automation items with them - the envelopes are confined within the item.

Nice step forward, but oh well.

Last edited by Skaven252; 03-22-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Skaven252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:14 AM   #7
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaven252 View Post
Thanks for this pointer! The dedicated video processor item helped me to get one step forward, but then I realized you cannot apply automation to it.

My goal was to add a little alpha mapped icon (a face) on top of a video and have it shake a bit up and down according to an audio input. But I was only able to get the icon to map and size properly by using a Pan/Zoom video processor as a take FX, and that won't listen to audio on the track so that I could use a sidechain.

Now I could use a looping automation item to emulate the shake, because while you can add automation envelopes to the item, you cannot use automation items with them - the envelopes are confined within the item.

Nice step forward, but oh well.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....59#post2111659